PDA

View Full Version : Battle Ops or DOTM Bumblebee

theheretic
21st May 2011, 09:08 PM
I'm thinking of buying either Battle Ops Bumblebee or DOTM leader Bumblebee but I don't know which to get. What's everyone's opinion on which has the better detail, movie accuracy, alt mode and general quality?

Hursticon
21st May 2011, 09:15 PM
Though I don't own either, have no intention to :p, IMO Battle Ops BB is the superior version and it's $10 cheaper at Big W than the DOTM equivalent. ;):cool:
You get a bigger figure (Mass-wise), with light and sound gimmicks and overall better bang for your buck. :D

theheretic
21st May 2011, 09:32 PM
I was leaning towards battle ops but I like DOTM alt mode. But if the battle ops is bigger it's probably better. And if I'm not mistaken he is also the same mold as masterpiece movie bumblebee?

Hursticon
21st May 2011, 09:45 PM
And if I'm not mistaken he is also the same mold as masterpiece movie bumblebee?

I believe that to be the case, yeah, it's definitely not that giant Movie Bumblebee that shelf-warmed like nothing else, that's for sure! :p

theheretic
21st May 2011, 09:55 PM
I believe that to be the case, yeah, it's definitely not that giant Movie Bumblebee that shelf-warmed like nothing else, that's for sure! :p

Lol sarcasm? I still like bumblebee. Might do some paint upgrades on him when I find one. Pretty sure I saw some at toyworld

LordCyrusOmega
21st May 2011, 10:04 PM
Battle Ops Bumblebee changed my whole opinion about him as a character. Great Engineering and tons of play value. My only gripe is he is larger and stockier then other movie leader class toys so doesn't look good standing with the rest of the cast. Check out my collection thread for size comparison.
It's for this reason I am almost tempted to buy the DOTM version because I think he would fit better...almost tempted

Hursticon
21st May 2011, 10:11 PM
Lol sarcasm?

No, not really - Up this way that Ultimate Bumblebee (see giant Movie Bumblebee :p) and it's minor ROTF retool shelf-warmed ridiculously. :D

LordCyrusOmega
21st May 2011, 10:18 PM
I thought Ultimate Bumblebee was sooo cool. Then I got him home and opened him.

kaiden
21st May 2011, 10:46 PM
i battle ops bumblebee is better especially on clearance ~$50 back when i bought it last year. nice solid conversion and a good sound chip.

just watched the peaugh review of dotm leader bumblebee and i really dont like the way the chest is formed. other than that, really dont like the size - its so small.

Seraphim Prime
23rd May 2011, 11:59 AM
I bought Battle Ops Bumblebee when it was on sale for $50 at K-Mart. Wasn't as cool as I had thought, as it ended up quite blocky and the arm couldn't sit straight at his side w/o the cannon being deployed. However it is an interesting piece of engineering, with some satisfying pieces of transformation for the legs and shoulder cannons.

However I'm ordering Leader 'Bee from BBTS and have a feeling I'll be happier with him as a toy to play with than Battle Ops.