PDA

View Full Version : Classics Rodimus pin removal

1AZRAEL1
22nd May 2011, 04:05 PM
I am not very skilled with this kind of job, but I am hoping someone can help me.

I want to swap the hands over from the BiS Rodimus over to my new Ehobby Rodimus. The pin looks like it may be a little difficult to remove.

Anyone got any tips, or have done this themselves? I'm a little worried to test anything out on Ehobby, what with the exclusivity of the figure lol. I was going to attempt something on BIS Rodimus, but I want to see the best way to remove it first.

Vector Prime
22nd May 2011, 04:09 PM
:eek: Leave that e-Hobby Rodimus alone!

1AZRAEL1
22nd May 2011, 04:12 PM
LOL :D I'm doing something special. Unless you can supply me another Matrix? ;) :p

Vector Prime
22nd May 2011, 04:25 PM
LOL :D I'm doing something special. Unless you can supply me another Matrix? ;) :p

What Matrix? The one from the BiS set? :confused:

1AZRAEL1
22nd May 2011, 04:34 PM
What Matrix? The one from the BiS set? :confused:

Yea. I'm gonna modify Rodimus' hands to hold it. I don't want to cut the Matrix I have up, and I don't want to ruin the Ehobby hands, so I thought swapping them out with BiS hands would be best :p

Vector Prime
22nd May 2011, 04:43 PM
Yea. I'm gonna modify Rodimus' hands to hold it. I don't want to cut the Matrix I have up, and I don't want to ruin the Ehobby hands, so I thought swapping them out with BiS hands would be best :p

There's logic there somehow (I suppose). :p

Have you thought that the act of swapping out the hands may end up damaging the eHobby Rodimus (the very thing that you're trying to prevent)? :confused:

I'd leave it alone to be honest mate, the clear plastic looks pretty brittle.

Did you want a Matrix to modify instead?

I'll have a look at home tonight and see if I have one laying around somewhere since I recall opening up two BiS sets - one's dangling around Galvatron's neck so I should still have a spare one somewhere.

1AZRAEL1
22nd May 2011, 04:54 PM
Yea I was a little worried about trying to remove the pins on the Ehobby. If there is a risk I will damage it, I would rather modify a Matrix.

If you do have a spare one lying around somewhere, that'd be sweet.

Vector Prime
22nd May 2011, 05:10 PM
I'll have a look for it tonight and get back to you mate.

tinyJazz
22nd May 2011, 08:14 PM
Hey man I did this with my Gentei Strafe. Bicep was on backwards. :rolleyes:

Used this tutorial (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMqj1Kpp5vs).

Although, I think you should just go with cutting up a matrix instead. :o

snaketales
22nd May 2011, 10:45 PM
May I suggest getting some clear plastic ties (the stuff that used to hold figures inside their packaging) and running it around/through the matrix, leaving some handles that can slip into most hands with 5mm holes?

Have a look at the "you've got the touch" thread in the creative section. http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=10730

The downside is that the figures aren't actually holding the matrix, but at first glance it appears they are and it saves having to mod either your figures or the matrix.

Vector Prime
22nd May 2011, 10:50 PM
^^ great idea Snaketales!

@Azrael - sorry dude, but I can't find the spare Matrix (dunno what I did with it tbh).

I think the general consensus is, leave eHobby Rodimus alone! :D

1AZRAEL1
23rd May 2011, 10:24 AM
I think I'll leave Rodimus alone for the time being, might try and fine another way to get them to hold it. Maybe I might try and find a cheap matrix, or another set and try sell the figures :p