PDA

View Full Version : Toy Review - DotM Legion Bumblebee

griffin
22nd May 2011, 06:59 PM
Toy Review - DotM Legion Bumblebee

(Please post photos, comments or even a fully comprehensive review - these are just brief details)

Toy Review - Bumblebee
Series - Dark of the Moon
Sub-line - Cyberverse
Size/class - Legion
New/remould/redeco - New
Wave - 1
Released here - May 2011
Approximate Retail Price - $7-9
Approximate Size - 7cm
Allegiance - Autobot
Alt-mode - Chevy Camaro
Main Features/Gimmicks - none
Main Colours - Yellow, black
Main Accessories - none

http://www.toycollectors.com.au/tftoys/cv03.jpg

Decepticon
24th June 2011, 07:40 PM
Ok, I will bite! I was bored so decided to look further into these little BBs. This one is actually different from the Bolt BB as the wheels are in different places in robot mode. Think this is new DOTM mold? Already have a version (legend) so that's the only reason I wouldn't buy the DOTM versions.

griffin
19th October 2011, 12:28 AM
Yep, this one is a new mould for DotM (which they used in the Action set and Wave3 black redeco as well). But the bolt deco Bbee in wave 2 is the TF2 mould for some reason (which is what they used in the TRU scanning Legion 4-pack and the Walmart 3-pack).

This new mould of Bbee is like most other new moulds of existing character toys in the same size class - I just don't see the point of it. The old mould was good enough, and they even modified it for TF3 to allow it to hold a gun.
The most noticeable difference is the location of the front wheels on the arms... which probably makes it look more screen-accurate, but I don't expect accuracy from Legion class. They're just too small to be critical of that.
They've redone the legs, to make them look hollowed out - I prefer the TF2 version.
They kept the window-wing detail though, which gives it that distinct 'bee' look to Bumblebee.
Get it if you don't already have one of the many Legion Bbee toys already.