PDA

View Full Version : 2002 Takara reissue Starscream Help please

Ultra Mackness
23rd May 2011, 06:49 AM
Help please.

I recently (last week) bought a 2002 Takara reissue of starscream, and everything was cool until I started transforming him. While doing this, once I moved his arms from their alt. mode position, they are ridiculously loose and swing readily by just tilting the figure. Looking closely, it's the black plastic rotating shoulder mounts that are not sitting properly in the red die cast torso section. Comparing to my other G1 seekers, this plastic peice appears to be too small. I've looked at the stamps and I'm pretty sure he's legit (not KO) and the rest of the figure is fine, but it left me wondering:

1) Does/has anyone else had this issue?

2) were there any really accurate KOs made of this figure?

or

2) does anyone have a fix for starscream with loose arms?

Any help appreciated :)

reillyd
24th May 2011, 04:59 PM
1) Not with the encore reissues, but I did have with earlier ones.
Also my original G1's had been transformed so often that the arms just flapped around and wouldn't stay up... I think its just frequent transformation, and yours is just a manufacters flaw

2) There were diaclone knock offs, but I think its super unlikely you've bought a knock off

3) Yes, buy the uber cheap Encore reissues off ebay, and leave this one for display in vehicle mode, where you won't notice floppy arms. For 40-50 you'l have toy joy again, plus can display them in both modes :)

Don't pay extra for the TFC reissue in ANIME colors, its really just a luxury for hardcore collectors.

Ultra Mackness
27th May 2011, 06:51 AM
Thanks for the assist! I've got one of the Diaclone KOs from 30 years
ago and this doesn't look like it's made from the same type of
plastic, I just wondered if there were top end KOs made recently. I normally am a MIB collector as well, I guess cos I like the idea of the toy inside being minty fresh, but each time I look at this one I can't help but think of the flappy arms! I like your suggestion to get another one though, and any reason to get more G1 (reissue or original) is a good one :)