PDA

View Full Version : Generations Thrust....QC?

janda the red
23rd May 2011, 01:11 PM
hi all...

i bought a generations thrust on saturday, opened it ( which is unusual for me )....and one foot doesn't open fully, and also one shoulder hole is too big to mount his weapon? so basically... he cant stand or hold his weapons....lol :rolleyes:

i went back yesterday.... got it swapped for a new one.

unfortunately..... same issue with this one!!! :mad:

i really wanna like this figure.... but c'mon, two for two? where's the QC hasbro?

i know the shop doesn't have anymore, so i think i'm just gonna have to get my money back.

dissappointing to say the least... but hey what do ya do.

curious though....has anyone else had this issue?

janda :)

LordCyrusOmega
23rd May 2011, 01:13 PM
I haven't experienced this. Mine's fine, no problems. I got mine when he first got released so it may be later releases.

janda the red
23rd May 2011, 01:18 PM
thanks for the quick reply lordCO...

you give me hope i can get one thats not faulty :D

i was really hoping there not all gonna be like this.

Hursticon
23rd May 2011, 01:24 PM
*Edit: I'm a tool :rolleyes:, I totally saw Thrust in the title and thought I saw Thundercracker... :p

I'm sorry to hear this dude, my own is a little loose but not as bad as you've described. :(
My Generations Thundercracker is excellent and it has lead me, and others, to believe that he has been produced from a Re-Cast of the Classics Seeker mold so it would seem that perhaps Generations Dirge and Thrust have lucked out. :o

LordCyrusOmega
23rd May 2011, 01:26 PM
He's asking about Generations Thrust Hursticon, not Thundercracker LOL :)

Ultra Mackness
23rd May 2011, 01:27 PM
Mine didn't have any QC issues either. I know Thrust is getting a bit difficult to find for swapping or purchase, but if it helps, Toyworld at Forest Hill had 2 when I was there last week.

kaiden
23rd May 2011, 01:57 PM
my thrust, dirge and thundercracker were all perfect.

Tallestblue
23rd May 2011, 02:37 PM
the foot on my Thrust stuck and now has a stress mark, but that's about it.

GoktimusPrime
23rd May 2011, 03:01 PM
hi all...

i bought a generations thrust on saturday, opened it ( which is unusual for me )....and one foot doesn't open fully, and also one shoulder hole is too big to mount his weapon? so basically... he cant stand or hold his weapons....lol :rolleyes:

i went back yesterday.... got it swapped for a new one.

unfortunately..... same issue with this one!!! :mad:

i really wanna like this figure.... but c'mon, two for two? where's the QC hasbro?
Only two??!

Dude... when I first bought Animated Blitzwing, it had QC issues with the canopy tabs and deformed wing pegs. So I had it exchanged, same problems. Then I went to a different Kmart in another area and had it exchanged there, same problem. So then I got a refund and bought another Blitzwing from another store (TRU) and experienced the same problem! Nobody else has experienced this problem with Animated Blitzwing, but I managed to luck out four times!

In the end I just gave up -- I've kept my fourth Animated Blitzwing which I never transform into tank mode (tried it once and stress marks appeared on the canopy tabs). I've since gotten a Japanese Animated Blitzwing which I can transform into tank mode! (-_-) So it sounds like you've experience half of what I went through with Animated Blitzwing... just unlucky! :(

Get a refund and buy another Generations Thrust from a different store in a different area. See if you can beat my record! ;)

Vector Prime
23rd May 2011, 03:21 PM
I don't know about the Generation versions, but a few of the Henkei seekers do have loose shoulder weapon mounts.

The molds have been used so many times that I think you can pretty much just put it down to mold degradation.

janda the red
23rd May 2011, 05:58 PM
i'm glad you guys haven't really seemed to of had the same issue.
makes me think i'm probably just unlucky this time. ( fingers crossed )

hursti: dont worry dude, i'm having one of those days too... lol

mickymac: cheers mate, i work in vermont.... i'll be able to do a run on my lunchbreak tomorrow.

gok: you make me laugh bud. i accept your challenge... hopefully there's still one where mickymac suggested. i'll get back to ya....

VP: i never would of thought of that, hopefully its not the case, hopefully its just bad luck.

thanks everyone for posting

Prowl
23rd May 2011, 07:14 PM
i'm glad you guys haven't really seemed to of had the same issue.
makes me think i'm probably just unlucky this time. ( fingers crossed )

hursti: dont worry dude, i'm having one of those days too... lol

mickymac: cheers mate, i work in vermont.... i'll be able to do a run on my lunchbreak tomorrow.

gok: you make me laugh bud. i accept your challenge... hopefully there's still one where mickymac suggested. i'll get back to ya....

VP: i never would of thought of that, hopefully its not the case, hopefully its just bad luck.

thanks everyone for posting

May have to break my word & get one myself if they have any left tomorrow.

janda the red
24th May 2011, 06:53 PM
just got in and opened up Thrust number 3... Oh Yeah!!! this one's perfect :D ( didn't beat your record gok....lol :p )

got him from f/hill toyworld ( thanks mickymac ) and prowl... there was still one left on the shelf if you wanted it. ( $24.00 on sale )

thanks again all

Hursticon
24th May 2011, 08:18 PM
just got in and opened up Thrust number 3... Oh Yeah!!! this one's perfect :D ( didn't beat your record gok....lol :p )

Excellent, glad that you were able to find a better quality figure dude - Congrats! :D

Prowl
24th May 2011, 08:26 PM

got him from f/hill toyworld ( thanks mickymac ) and prowl... there was still one left on the shelf if you wanted it. ( $24.00 on sale )

thanks again all

I was there at 1.30 on my way to a meeting & I had to make a small detour (OK a larger one) & picked him up.

The assistant said I was the 2nd person to purchase Thrust today :)

RTS Turbo Tracks & Jazz arrived today as well.

I have also heard that a very very light coat of clear nail polish can help with loose launchers on the seekers.

Vector Prime
24th May 2011, 08:30 PM

Good to hear you finally got a decent one.

So now that you've technically liberated 3 toys this year, does that mean from here on out, that's 3 less items you're going to open for the rest of the year? :p

janda the red
25th May 2011, 07:44 AM
Good to hear you finally got a decent one.

So now that you've technically liberated 3 toys this year, does that mean from here on out, that's 3 less items you're going to open for the rest of the year? :p

lol... probably not, but it means i have a happy wife!

it's been nice though to open a few things up, transform them, then pop 'em on the shelf. normally....like yourself, i just keep it all misb, but some of the new stuff has tweaked my curiousity..... and hanging around here hasn't helped much either.

you'll be pleased to know though VP, it'd be a cold day in hell before i "liberate" any of my G1 misb stuff!

thanks hursti :D

janda the red
25th May 2011, 08:28 AM
glad you got one prowl.... have you opened him? what do you think?

i like that guy who served us both, gotta be one of the more helpful and knowledgable sales assistants i've come across lately. ( but he's a collector aswell.....so kinda makes sense....lol )

LordCyrusOmega
25th May 2011, 09:51 AM
Good to hear you finally got a decent one. Thrust was always my favourite Seeker, How could you not open him up?

Prowl
25th May 2011, 07:47 PM
glad you got one prowl.... have you opened him? what do you think?

i like that guy who served us both, gotta be one of the more helpful and knowledgable sales assistants i've come across lately. ( but he's a collector aswell.....so kinda makes sense....lol )

I opened him in the shop & he is fine. Missles a lil loose in the arms but nothing major. You are right about the guy that served us. He was telling me he picked up a mint G1 Megatron in box unapplied stickers with no orange tip for $10 & complete MIB Vehicle Voltron for $30 from some trash & treasure.

I felt a combination of rage & jealousy combined with depression :mad:

UltraMarginal
25th May 2011, 09:45 PM
Glad it all worked out fellas, I have had no noticeable QC issues with any of the seeker molds, though a couple of them are a little harder to pose and keep balanced, I think that's just down to different CG with different wing positions, maybe.

Ultra Mackness
27th May 2011, 06:10 PM
I opened him in the shop & he is fine. Missles a lil loose in the arms but nothing major. You are right about the guy that served us. He was telling me he picked up a mint G1 Megatron in box unapplied stickers with no orange tip for $10 & complete MIB Vehicle Voltron for $30 from some trash & treasure.

I felt a combination of rage & jealousy combined with depression :mad:

@Janda: glad you found a good one :)

Haha i know the sales guy you're both talking about - he told me the same story about the g1 megs mib when I bought lugnut htere last month!

Prowl
27th May 2011, 07:06 PM
@Janda: glad you found a good one :)

Haha i know the sales guy you're both talking about - he told me the same story about the g1 megs mib when I bought lugnut htere last month!

Nice guy but upsetting to find someone getting such a bargain when I always seem to pay full whack for things.