PDA

View Full Version : Transformers Collection (exclusive Ozformers preview)

UltraMagnus
26th May 2011, 03:22 PM
Guys,
Here is a preview of the project that both HD and I (amongst others) are involved in.
The project is to get Hasbro to licence the reproduction of casing of the CHUG toys and enable us to commission new items. These will be Asian (ex-Japan) exclusive items and limited to 1000 pieces each (may be more depending on the demand within Asia)
If licencing is approved, they will be released once a month over 4 years *yep there will be 50 of them*

Each toy box will include a section of the massive Autobot City from the Transformers 1986 Movie. These sections combine and will form the complete backdrop the the battle of Autobot City and the Death of Optimus Prime.

Transformers Collection #1 - Optimus Prime

Also includes
G1 Esque Gun, Jetpack, Energon Axe and piece of Autobot City

Transformers Collection #3 - Bumblebee

Also includes G1 Laser, Spike in Exo Suit and piece of Autobot City

Transformers Collection #5 - Jetfire

Also includes Decepticon Symbol and piece of Autobot City

Tell me what you think!

Vector Prime
26th May 2011, 03:27 PM
If this was facebook and there was a 'Like' icon, it would be so clicked right now - VP approves! :p

(as to whether he would buy them, that's another story)

autobreadticon
26th May 2011, 03:32 PM
awesome idea, i really want a third-party to do more PVCs, e.g i would really like a PVC of human Ginrai ,etc... hope you consider my idea :p

jaydisc
26th May 2011, 03:52 PM
Who did the art?

gdmetro
26th May 2011, 03:52 PM
If this was facebook and there was a 'Like' icon, it would be so clicked right now - VP approves! :p

Well if they're licensed... they wouldn't be 3rd party- Which means auto buy- although it would go against misb- just buy mib versions aswell- problem solved :D

@ UltraMagnus: They look awesome.
Small nitpick- is it possible to include a g1 cartoon styled backpack or a part that mods the existing backpack for Jetfire/Skyfire?

UltraMagnus
26th May 2011, 03:58 PM
Who did the art?

More like "who is doing the art" :)
Dan Khanna is onboard this project for all 50 drawings.

He may be presenting them (alongside Unreal Books) at Botcon if we can get them to them in time!!!

LordCyrusOmega
26th May 2011, 04:19 PM
I'd buy them. They look really fantastic. Probably keep them MIB too which is something I don't do.

Hursticon
26th May 2011, 04:34 PM
I'd buy them. They look really fantastic. Probably keep them MIB too which is something I don't do.

You've echoed my thoughts exactly, they're stunning pieces from what we've seen so far and I must say that all involved should feel great pride! :eek::cool::D

KillinSpoon
26th May 2011, 05:08 PM
Awesome, I will give you my first born for a set!

Deonasis
26th May 2011, 05:09 PM
Is Autobot city moulded plastic pieces, or 2D art, or say the spine of all the boxes lined up?

Also, do you have the 50 licensed base figures and your intended add-ons already picked out yet or just most of them picked out?

And can you put me down as saying "Preordered" first for earliest bird prices? j/k :D

Deonasis
26th May 2011, 05:11 PM
Spot on awesome art btw!

(the images just finished loading for me)

kaiden
26th May 2011, 06:13 PM
What am I buying exactly?

optimus1
26th May 2011, 08:10 PM
I approve of this :cool::D

Dan Khanna's art is amazing :)

UltraMagnus
27th May 2011, 10:13 PM
What am I buying exactly?

You are buying for each,
1 x figure with accessories
1 x stand to place figure on
1/50th part of Autobot city

Does that help?

kup
27th May 2011, 10:25 PM
This is amazing stuff. I would most certainly buy them!

5FDP
27th May 2011, 10:26 PM
Maybe it's just late and my brain is not functioning properly, but where are the toys coming from? Have you purchased a butt-load of them (multiples of all 50 characters) or are you expecting Hasbro to assist in reissuing them to go with your redesigned TFC boxes?

Interesting idea BTW :)

UltraMarginal
27th May 2011, 11:01 PM
what 5fdp said,
but I LOVE the art, I'd Love and Autobot city, but not sure where I'd put it, and don't know yet if I could afford all the pieces, though at this stage I think I'd prefer a flat pack of the artwork and a piece of autobot city.

Again, not sure I could fit it in my plastic crack budget, but totally love the artwork, more interested in an autobot city and the artwork than boxes.

can you tell I just got home from the pub??

Vector Prime
28th May 2011, 07:34 AM
You are buying for each,
1 x figure with accessories
1 x stand to place figure on
1/50th part of Autobot city

Does that help?

Maybe it's just late and my brain is not functioning properly, but where are the toys coming from? Have you purchased a butt-load of them (multiples of all 50 characters) or are you expecting Hasbro to assist in reissuing them to go with your redesigned TFC boxes?

Interesting idea BTW :)

I was under the impression that you supply your own toy and that these are just TFC style boxes? :confused:

Sky Shadow
28th May 2011, 08:35 AM
I was under the impression that you supply your own toy and that these are just TFC style boxes? :confused:

That would make sense, since anyone who would actually want these would almost certainly already own the toys. Plus there's no way they're going to get 1000 of each toy from Hasbro.

liegeprime
28th May 2011, 08:58 AM
I believe the 1 figure they're saying in the list of are the little ones included - e.g. Spike in Exosuit - in Bumblebee's list of extra stuff. Also, I think this was mentioned when this was in early planning stage that it is a box art with an accessory and Parts of Autobot City to build... good bonus on an extra figure. So like+++++ the art. :D:D:D though Im curious what the auto city parts are really.. plastic pieces or foldable printed hard cardboards to put together into the city - kinda like the early Starwars Deathstar playset....either way.....

Id totally buy!!!

kup
28th May 2011, 10:26 AM

I was under this impression too.

Skullcruncher
28th May 2011, 10:48 AM
The parts to build your own autobot city will be the key... would every one need to be purchased for a 'complete' city or could the parts be arranged in any way?

valkyrie_76
28th May 2011, 12:05 PM

Agree with VP.......sounds interesting.

Hursticon
28th May 2011, 12:33 PM
I was under this impression too.

As was I. :)

The parts to build your own autobot city will be the key... would every one need to be purchased for a 'complete' city or could the parts be arranged in any way?

A very good question that as I'd be curious to know this too because people, for what ever reason, may of not acquired a particular figure and therefore would have no desire to get that corresponding box - hence, missing that piece.

UltraMagnus
28th May 2011, 12:50 PM
Let me explain further the reasoning behind this Transformers Collection

There is 2 options for this project

1) The box, the original figure to be released (i.e in conjunction with Hasbro), extra accessories (i.e. Spike in exosuit), stand and a component of Autobot City

or

2) The box, the original figure is already in your collection, extra accessories (i.e. Spike in exosuit), stand, and a component of Autobot City

The first is entirely dependant on Hasbro's approval. If they say yes, then essentially we will be providing this idea and just letting hasbro take care of the rest.
If they say yes to #2, then we will have licence to use the brand, and produce it.

As to other questions:

Autobot City
Think of Autobot City like a gestault that will form to create one massive item. There will be transforming parts (i.e city to battlestation) and we are trying to get a full blown transformation, but that is proving exceptionally difficult, so it will 99% be a display set in plastic.

The box art
The reason behind the box art was to have collectable toys, that would confirm and also form a work of art that presents Transformers in a great manner.
Dan was chosen because he is one of the best in the business. He has just done the Jazz design, and WOW... its awesome. Will post it shortly.

Please feel free to input as much as you like because this is a "fans project" and we love the input.

Vector Prime
28th May 2011, 01:00 PM
Thanks for the clarification UM.

For myself, I would only buy them if it's option 1 and it's an officially endorsed Hasbro release (so therefore the figures and the items would be MISB from them).

I would not be prepared to purchase them if it's option 2 seeing as I would have to essentially purchase an empty box and then have to liberate one of my MISB toys simply so I could insert it into the box.

Obviously I have quite a few loose figures as well, but they're loose for a reason, so I don't see a need to purchase an empty box, no matter how great the design or artwork is (even if it's licensed by Hasbro).

As for the other inclusions (Spike in exo-suit, etc and parts for Autobot City) - they're of no value or importance to me.

Just my 2c.

UltraMagnus
28th May 2011, 01:02 PM
Here is an exclusive preview - box art of Jazz

http://www.spacepet.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/jz.png

Every item I see in my inbox from Dan, I begin to cry... they are that good!

Jazz in all his glory (color version soon...)

Sky Shadow
28th May 2011, 01:08 PM
There is 2 options for this project

1) The box, the original figure to be released (i.e in conjunction with Hasbro), extra accessories (i.e. Spike in exosuit), stand and a component of Autobot City

or

2) The box, the original figure is already in your collection, extra accessories (i.e. Spike in exosuit), stand, and a component of Autobot City

The first is entirely dependant on Hasbro's approval. If they say yes, then essentially we will be providing this idea and just letting hasbro take care of the rest.
If they say yes to #2, then we will have licence to use the brand, and produce it.

Right. So what if they say no to both (or say nothing)?

ITZTRU
28th May 2011, 01:15 PM
Dammit, UM.

I swear...I SWEAR we had this discussion not just even a few hours ago together about how I didn't want to get into collecting the Generations line for fear of being obsessed with collecting all of the classics.

This is really making me think twice.

If this all goes ahead man...I'm sold. 100%.

Fantastic work so far, man. Not a whole lot of people out there with your insight and ambition to accomplish projects like this for fear of failure. Even if it doesn't come out completely to fruition because Hasbro decline, it's still one HELL of an accomplishment. Props man. My hat's off to you :)

Hursticon
28th May 2011, 01:31 PM
Fantastic work so far, man. Not a whole lot of people out there with your insight and ambition to accomplish projects like this for fear of failure. Even if it doesn't come out completely to fruition because Hasbro decline, it's still one HELL of an accomplishment. Props man. My hat's off to you :)

+1 ;):cool:

I'd have to say from a financial point of view that I would have to go with option 2, mind you I would really, really like to go with option 1 though. :o

UltraMagnus
28th May 2011, 08:41 PM
Right. So what if they say no to both (or say nothing)?

We pay for licencing.

primatives
28th May 2011, 10:56 PM
Man those boxes look awesome!!! Will we Aussies get 1st pick when and if these go on the market????

1AZRAEL1
31st May 2011, 09:08 AM
Wow wow wow. For me, I'd go with either option. But where to display such a marvel that would be Autobot City, is a big question.

Either way, I will buy the entire set.

If you do get the go ahead for the figures as well, will they be exactly the same as the ones already released, or would they have some sort of repaint? As mush as I don't really care too much, but Jazz with painted back windows would be nice :p

UltraMagnus
31st May 2011, 12:17 PM
Man those boxes look awesome!!! Will we Aussies get 1st pick when and if these go on the market????

For Ozformers members yes, but for rest of Aus probably no.

UltraMagnus
31st May 2011, 12:21 PM

Thanks mate, much appreciated! I think the saying whatever doesnt kill you only makes you stronger is very relevant :)

1orion2many
31st May 2011, 01:57 PM
+1 ;):cool:

I'd have to say from a financial point of view that I would have to go with option 2, mind you I would really, really like to go with option 1 though. :o

I'd be up for this but I agree with Hurtsicon, I couldn't afford the lay out for the figures and boxes so I'd be looking at boxes and accs I guess:o

liegeprime
31st May 2011, 05:25 PM
Wow wow wow. For me, I'd go with either option. But where to display such a marvel that would be Autobot City, is a big question.

Either way, I will buy the entire set.

If you do get the go ahead for the figures as well, will they be exactly the same as the ones already released, or would they have some sort of repaint? As mush as I don't really care too much, but Jazz with painted back windows would be nice :p

MAKE THE SPACE MAN!!:D:D:D, Ive already cleared the middle of my collection room so in time Autobot city WILL be the centerpiece as well as the playset for all my TFs mwahahahahaahahahah!!!!:D:D:D:D

kup
1st June 2011, 10:42 AM
Option 2 or a choice between the two options would be best.

Most of us who would be interested already have the classics figures and in some case multiple of them. Some wouldn't mind buying it for MISB collecing but the Autobot city and extra accessories make you want to open it.

STL
1st June 2011, 02:24 PM
With that box art, I'm onboard.

And I say that as a guy with a minimum of 4 of of the Henkei/United lines and multiples of the Hasbro releases too. The artwork is gorgeous. Hell, I'd boy a book with that art alone.

That said, some practical considerations

- what will the cost be: I can't see this being cheap once you factor in quality figure, packaging (which I'm delighted by, mind you). admin costs, and the extra Autobot city part). Looking at OFTCC I would say it's quite costly to offer these figures up. Low production runs (1000) might mean very high per unit costs. I'm sure Fansproject handle more volume than that but even then it's very pricey.
- Most people already have these. With the financial climate being what it is, this is really a tough sell. Gorgeous packaging and Autobot City aside, why would most spend $100 (guessing) per figure that they already have and buy cheaply on eBay. You've greatly narrowed the target market alone with those considerations. Most would argue, why not straight just release the Autobot City parts. It seems an awfully roundabout way of getting that accessory which is the selling point to the rest of the collectors.
- licensing: Are Hasbro going to be conducive to this? I'm not sure they would be. The moment you even mention FP, alarm bells go off for me.
- manufacturing costs and quality: again ambiguous and a large risk to get right. Even if you use Hasbro/Takara's facilities. Geting the colours right again and so on might not be so easy i suspect. Might we end up with pink prime?

Not that I'm sure you haven't consider them but throwing them out there.

Personally, I would love this to happen. That Skyfire box art just makes me downright giddy.

jaydisc
1st June 2011, 07:26 PM
We pay for licencing.

I think the question is more along the lines of what if they so no to everything, including licensing.

STL
1st June 2011, 10:49 PM
And someone tell me why the current IDW comics don't look like this?

Seriously, who the hell do they think they're selling too? The flocks of new TF fans who view the quality Bayverse as the pinnacle of TF collecting?

Seriously pisses me off when this is the quality of work you guys are getting done as part of a initial proposal.

k.wong23
1st June 2011, 10:54 PM
I'll support this if it becomes a reality! Good work guys, fingers crossed Hasbro like the idea!

UltraMagnus
2nd June 2011, 12:08 AM
I think the question is more along the lines of what if they so no to everything, including licensing.

We will release the boxes as a collector only box, and require each person to join the membership of our transformers club. The fee will be the membership, but the boxes are free.

That is what the current law allows us to do.

Given the project is based in Hong Kong and China, the rules around what we can and can't do are very different to that of US/Australia.

But - we want to go by the book, less trouble that way.

tinyJazz
2nd June 2011, 09:38 PM
This sounds awesome guys! I'd support it. :) I love Dan's work too, he's a lovely guy.

Might we end up with pink prime?

Well I'd buy a pink prime. Just sayin' ;) and that's fuschia pink not coral pink mind you.

Autocon
2nd June 2011, 10:46 PM
wow. so which toy line are these from?

moar artwork! :D

kaiden
5th June 2011, 02:34 PM
sounds good.

i'd be going with option 2 as im not a misb collector and threw away the backing cards cause they weren't that pretty.

reillyd
6th June 2011, 02:46 PM
We will release the boxes as a collector only box, and require each person to join the membership of our transformers club. The fee will be the membership, but the boxes are free.

That is what the current law allows us to do.

Given the project is based in Hong Kong and China, the rules around what we can and can't do are very different to that of US/Australia.

But - we want to go by the book, less trouble that way.

Starting a "club" that would sell exclusive transformer content sounds like it would overlap with the existing official one..... Have you though about contacting Takara, rather than Hasbro, if they are reluctant to license. I am thinking of all the limited run licensed Takara garage kits that are produced and how Takara seem to be more flexible

SkyWarp91
6th June 2011, 04:36 PM
Holy Crap it was only a couple of days ago I got my net speeds back up and finally got to see the photos on first page (as they didn't load on slow capped speeds) and whoa, I'm speechless at those box designs.

THEY ARE BLOODY AMAZING!!!!!!!!!! If this project did go through with the approval of Hasbro these sets would sell like HOTCAKES

heroic_decepticon
7th June 2011, 12:06 AM
Been looking and keeping quiet for all this time, but really happy to see the positive reactions here.

Gotta say that right now, UM is the main man running the show! :p

Like UM says, we really want to be doing by the book, but we also wish to have enough material and an amount of fan support as ammunition when we talk to the big boys. It cannot just be 'another idea', but should be an work thought out proposal with traction.

On my end, I'm looking at the legal options to make this work for us, for Hasbro and all involved.

Cheers! :D

SharkyMcShark
7th June 2011, 01:57 AM
I'd be interested in a more expanded list of new weapons/parts. I'm not a mint in sealed box man at all but I suppose I like some of my Classics figures enough to get them some new parts.

Well just Mirage really. And Galvatron.

the quality Bayverse as the pinnacle of TF collecting?

:confused: What's wrong with that?

kaiden
7th June 2011, 02:15 PM
I'd be interested in a more expanded list of new weapons/parts. I'm not a mint in sealed box man at all but I suppose I like some of my Classics figures enough to get them some new parts.

I like this idea. The one complaint I have across my collection is the weapon/accessories. I did get the g3 trailer for henkei prime which came with a few weapons but i didn't like the one for hound.

for example - united/rts perceptor. he has the shoulder cannon thingy but he's missing a handgun which just feels weird to me.

blackie
7th June 2011, 02:17 PM
for example - united/rts perceptor. he has the shoulder cannon thingy but he's missing a handgun which just feels weird to me.

i gave mine a sniper rifle i stole from a gundam :P

UltraMagnus
8th June 2011, 11:55 AM
Gotta say that right now, UM is the main man running the show! :p

HD is too modest, there is currently alot of support for this. I was contacted by Hasbro Hong Kong about this project (without me contacting them). They are keen to discuss and see further.

There is some exciting developments on this project, and in mid July most information will be avaliable on the project's website and facebook page.

There is also some good fans for people who like a certain orange and green figure from G1 :) HD knows but he isnt allowed to say anything...

gdmetro
8th June 2011, 12:50 PM
HD is too modest, there is currently alot of support for this. I was contacted by Hasbro Hong Kong about this project (without me contacting them). They are keen to discuss and see further.

There is some exciting developments on this project, and in mid July most information will be avaliable on the project's website and facebook page.

There is also some good fans for people who like a certain orange and green figure from G1 :) HD knows but he isnt allowed to say anything...

Awesome! :D

Green and Orange... Roadbuster? :eek:

Sky Shadow
8th June 2011, 02:07 PM
Awesome! :D

Green and Orange... Roadbuster? :eek:

That'd be more interesting than Hoist. It's either them or Venom.

liegeprime
8th June 2011, 04:19 PM
@Kaiden, if you use a G1 Perceptor handgun for your Generations one - he can hold it well and it matches him quite nicely. My cousin pointed this out to me, I gave him my extra black e-hobby gun . For mine Im using the second handgun , it really suits him -plus it's still an official Hasbro item/accessory :D. I also use Pretender BUmblebee's innerbot gun for my Classics Bbee and it matches very nicely :D:D

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb313/liegeprime/Miscellaneous/Nanayphotos004.jpg

I can't wait to see this project come in fruition!! I can imagine that Autobse now spawled elegantly in the middle of my collection room, Sweeeeet!!:D:D

UltraMagnus
10th June 2011, 10:49 PM
A question has been raised by someone who is working on part of this project.

Would you all support an official Ultra Magnus toy (rather than fansproject one). Ie trailer and cab designed by the Hasbro team for Classics?

On a side note, we are looking for toy designers to be part of this team!

kup
11th June 2011, 01:25 AM

Would you all support an official Ultra Magnus toy (rather than fansproject one). Ie trailer and cab designed by the Hasbro team for Classics?

Not really, I would personally prefer something that has not been done before and would fill in a collection 'gap' such as Powermaster armor for Prime. A lot of people including myself already have the Ultra Magnus armor which is already pretty decent.

BTW, I would be happy to help in any way that I can. If there is anything that you think I can do, please let me know.

kaiden
11th June 2011, 01:45 AM
@liegeprime.

thanks for the suggestion but i have no intention of getting of g1 and im a misb collector (that opens them) anyway. plus i like updated weapons with a little throwback here and there.

I would support it as long as it was better than the Fansproject City Commander.

-better head sculpt
-better shoulder and arm articulation/clearance
-no useless oversized cannon launching thing

Sky Shadow
11th June 2011, 08:45 AM

Yes.

yoshi594
11th June 2011, 02:39 PM
Zomg...hopefully these aren't too pricey. Would love to get all 50! but mostly want ratchet and an ironhide without a blue face :cool:

UltraMagnus
12th June 2011, 06:17 PM
Here is the box art for Transformers #7 Jazz. We have another 6 on its way!

http://www.spacepet.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/jz.png

Alot has happened this week. HD has been hard at work on some very very exciting news for this project, and I have been chasing toy designers across the world for some very very very very amazing new designs.

In mid July we will launch the website, and ask all Ozformers members to promote this across all the transformers websites across the world. We want to be able to chat to Hasbro with enough support to have them instantly say yes!

Hursticon
12th June 2011, 06:34 PM
Sounds great UM, is there any chance of getting some Banners and Sigs made?

My thought was that the banners and sigs could be official promotional material for the project that would be linkable back to the official website. :)
That way, we could promote the project both visually and verbally but also to serve as an easy way for casual viewers of sites and forums to learn about the project. ;)

UltraMagnus
12th June 2011, 06:45 PM
Sounds great UM, is there any chance of getting some Banners and Sigs made?

My thought was that the banners and sigs could be official promotional material for the project that would be linkable back to the official website. :)
That way, we could promote the project both visually and verbally but also to serve as an easy way for casual viewers of sites and forums to learn about the project. ;)

What an excellent idea! Sure lets speak to our graphic designer, Dan, and the boxes guys and see what we can come up with!

Hursticon
12th June 2011, 07:50 PM
What an excellent idea! Sure lets speak to our graphic designer, Dan, and the boxes guys and see what we can come up with!

Awesome, glad you think so dude and I hope the proposal goes well with your fellow team members. :)

liegeprime
13th June 2011, 05:13 PM

Yes!!:)

1AZRAEL1
13th June 2011, 07:48 PM
I would buy an official UM for sure. I like the FP kit, but I would buy an official figure in a heartbeat. That is, if it looks really good :p

Deonasis
15th June 2011, 07:38 AM
I 100% would buy an official UM trailer/armour. As cool as the FP armour is, for me the asthetic is all wrong. He looks out of place with Classics as he is too blocky and the FP trailer mode looks nothing like UM's.

primatives
15th June 2011, 10:50 AM
awesome work UltraMagnus! Hmm I'm surprised these havent been posted on the TFW2005 and other boards. I have thought about it but i didn't know if you wanted to. They look awesome sounds what you got planned is going to be epic! Can't wait for more info! Keep it it up!!!

theheretic
15th June 2011, 11:24 AM
This project is fantastic! Especially for collectors who don't have the classics figures (like me). I would love to help in any way I can to get this into production and I'm sure many more members would be happy to help too!

EDIT: Was looking at Prime and admiring the beautiful work but he totally needs his G1 Ion blaster/laser rifle

UltraMagnus
15th June 2011, 05:16 PM
awesome work UltraMagnus! Hmm I'm surprised these havent been posted on the TFW2005 and other boards. I have thought about it but i didn't know if you wanted to. They look awesome sounds what you got planned is going to be epic! Can't wait for more info! Keep it it up!!!

I actually spoke with HD today about that very point. We will be releasing information next week once all members of the team confirm their involvement.

ITZTRU
15th June 2011, 09:19 PM
I would love to help in any way I can to get this into production and I'm sure many more members would be happy to help too!

I always considered lending a hand myself, especially after speaking to UM in person, as the project concept is fantastic! Although, I never really knew what it was I could actually bring to the table :confused:

so I never really put my hand up for anything...

jaydisc
15th June 2011, 09:55 PM

Yes

LordCyrusOmega
16th June 2011, 12:52 AM

Hell Yes!! Been after this for a while but could never find/afford it.
What I've seen so far is really impressive. Can't wait to hear/see more

The_Damned
16th June 2011, 08:27 AM
sounds very interesting to say the least and i must say the pics are very amazing :)

UltraMagnus
16th June 2011, 09:59 AM
Guys,

Firstly thank you from Heroic Decepticon and I regarding this project.

We are both working hard on it, and putting together the website, business case and setting up alot of things to make this a success.

Once we have finalised some major details in the next 2-3 weeks we will be asking all of you to help us support this in all the world forums. (i.e. once our website is done and rockin!

The ideas that have been coming our way are just awesome and for any G1 (or influenced) collector will love whats coming your way.

Autocon
21st June 2011, 01:17 AM
If theres anything I can do happy to help. Though probably cant do anything:o:(

heroic_decepticon
21st June 2011, 02:30 AM
Alot has happened this week. HD has been hard at work on some very very exciting news for this project, and I have been chasing toy designers across the world for some very very very very amazing new designs.

We have just got the in principle nod from one of our first choice writers to pen the 'tech specs' portions on the back of box!!!

Very excited and will have more news to announce when we work out further details with him.

Obviously, the first ones he (yes, its a he) will write are Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, Jazz and Jetfire.

Clue: He wrote one of the Transformers mini-series for IDW...

kup
21st June 2011, 08:26 AM
We have just got the in principle nod from one of our first choice writers to pen the 'tech specs' portions on the back of box!!!

Very excited and will have more news to announce when we work out further details with him.

Obviously, the first ones he (yes, its a he) will write are Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, Jazz and Jetfire.

If it's Roche I would go insane with happiness.

reillyd
21st June 2011, 03:25 PM
I don't think it will matter who writes them or what the bios say, the spectacular front artwork you have shown off is enough to buy it for anyway.

I just really, really, really hope this gets off the ground, and becomes real and not just ambition. I would still buy them as unofficial, but would much prefer to buy something licensed, even if it meant paying a lot more for that.

UltraMagnus
22nd June 2011, 01:26 AM
I just really, really, really hope this gets off the ground, and becomes real and not just ambition. I would still buy them as unofficial, but would much prefer to buy something licensed, even if it meant paying a lot more for that.

Thanks ReillyD. What HD and I have achieved in a short time is just the tip of the iceburg. I have never worked on a project with so many people rushing to assist.
HD and I have seen the next artwork and physical boxes and WOW is the only word I have for them! :)

We have a good feeling that this HK exclusive item will be allowed.

primatives
22nd June 2011, 10:08 AM
Hey Ultra Magnus can i ask if this project of yours is something you're doing as a personal goal/project or as a business?? reason i ask is I am VERY much liking what I see and my concern is what price range will you be putting these in?? Are you going to price them reasonably with a small profit for all involved or wanting a bigger profit margin.

With 1 being released per month my concern is I may not be able to buy them all. Obviously your project/business and what you do is your choice just wanted to ask. Man if this is an official product its gonna be so crazy of an already awesome project. !!!! Keep it up!!!

theheretic
22nd June 2011, 10:26 AM
I'm ready to give you my money now! LOL. I really hope this gets "the nod" of approval by Hasbro. Monthly is a good idea too as it'll give my wallet time to recover. If there's anything we can do to help just ask as I'm sure between us all someone will have that skill set. I would love to help but I just don't know what I could do for this project (besides preorder) as plumbing/gasfitting doesn't usually go hand in hand with toy concept production. LOL

UltraMagnus
22nd June 2011, 04:10 PM
Hey Ultra Magnus can i ask if this project of yours is something you're doing as a personal goal/project or as a business?? reason i ask is I am VERY much liking what I see and my concern is what price range will you be putting these in?? Are you going to price them reasonably with a small profit for all involved or wanting a bigger profit margin.

With 1 being released per month my concern is I may not be able to buy them all. Obviously your project/business and what you do is your choice just wanted to ask. Man if this is an official product its gonna be so crazy of an already awesome project. !!!! Keep it up!!!

Great question. HD and I are the principals on this. I started this as a personal goal, but since meeting HD we are very much heading in the same direction. We both love Transformers and want to make these successful.

I cant go into too much detail yet, because we want to have a big bang launch, but this is a project that involves all. Everyone can be part of it, and visit us!

All I will say is we are about to turn this project into a reality plus x20 things more. :) So excited, cant say much, HD will kill me!

UltraMagnus
22nd June 2011, 04:12 PM
I'm ready to give you my money now! LOL. I really hope this gets "the nod" of approval by Hasbro. Monthly is a good idea too as it'll give my wallet time to recover. If there's anything we can do to help just ask as I'm sure between us all someone will have that skill set. I would love to help but I just don't know what I could do for this project (besides preorder) as plumbing/gasfitting doesn't usually go hand in hand with toy concept production. LOL

Thanks for the support.
Plumbing/Gasfitting would be good, hopefully we can get an office in Syd/Mel or you can come visit us in HK :) We'd love airconditioners.

Helping with saying you support us is great to begin with, support and promoting the project mid next month is #1.

If everyone gets on board then its gonna be easy with Hasbro HK

LordCyrusOmega
22nd June 2011, 06:05 PM
Just point me in the right direction.

Hursticon
22nd June 2011, 06:24 PM
Just point me in the right direction.

Here, here! :cool:

bruticus
24th June 2011, 03:51 AM
I'm ready to give you my money now! LOL. I really hope this gets "the nod" of approval by Hasbro. Monthly is a good idea too as it'll give my wallet time to recover.
yep, im with theheretic too.
ready to sign up for the preorders whether you get the "nod of approval" or not :p
just fingers crossed that the prices wont be sky high :confused:

pls let us know more details RE pricing when you can. cheers,

bowspearer
24th June 2011, 04:11 AM
Count me in too. This is a brilliant idea.

RageOnTheRoads
30th June 2011, 10:50 AM
Count me in too. This is a brilliant idea.

This! :D

UltraMagnus
30th June 2011, 11:32 AM
We really love the support we are getting for this. All I can say is that we have so much more to show you all, but decided to launch it in the middle of next month.

You can all be very much part of this project, besides ambassadors, there will be an exclusive Ozformers items.

liegeprime
30th June 2011, 12:07 PM
I'm ready to give you my money now! LOL. I really hope this gets "the nod" of approval by Hasbro. Monthly is a good idea too as it'll give my wallet time to recover. .... LOL

wow. I must have the brand of your wallet, mine recovers so much slower :p

1AZRAEL1
30th June 2011, 01:45 PM
We really love the support we are getting for this. All I can say is that we have so much more to show you all, but decided to launch it in the middle of next month.

You can all be very much part of this project, besides ambassadors, there will be an exclusive Ozformers items.

I for one (and I know I am not the only one) highly anticipate what more you have to show us next month. And an exlusive item is a great idea, whatever it may be. I just hope we don't get an influx of people joining up just to get it :p

ITZTRU
30th June 2011, 07:17 PM
I reckon it should be exclusive to those who have joined the forum from a particular date then to prevent that from happening?

heroic_decepticon
1st July 2011, 12:53 AM
Thanks for all the positive support guys!

We have been and are still working hard on it. There is a plan going forward and we are starting to talk to more and more potential collaborators.

~ HD

kup
1st July 2011, 09:39 AM
Thanks for all the positive support guys!

We have been and are still working hard on it. There is a plan going forward and we are starting to talk to more and more potential collaborators.

~ HD

If you guys are doing stories and proper bios, I would be happy to contribute. I would also be happy to help with design, concept and engineering.

reillyd
1st July 2011, 11:49 AM

Ultra, there simply aren't enough members in this board to come even CLOSE to recouping the costs, and you would be much better off advertising or posting it on bigger sites like tfw2005 and seibertron

If you are going through Habro HK too, rather than US, you should be able to get stores like robot kingdom and bigbdtoystore interested in importing them, to maximize your volume.

Hursticon
1st July 2011, 12:02 PM
you would be much better off advertising or posting it on bigger sites like tfw2005 and seibertron

I believe that is their intention dude but that they are asking us to help in getting the word out not only on this and other forums, but other relevant sites and parties of interest too. ;):)

UltraMagnus
3rd July 2011, 05:53 PM
Ultra, there simply aren't enough members in this board to come even CLOSE to recouping the costs, and you would be much better off advertising or posting it on bigger sites like tfw2005 and seibertron

If you are going through Habro HK too, rather than US, you should be able to get stores like robot kingdom and bigbdtoystore interested in importing them, to maximize your volume.

Ozformers will have first dibs on exclusive items, but TFW, Seibertron, HKTF amongst others will be our first point of call.

STL
3rd July 2011, 06:01 PM

Whoa, this thread has progressed since.

yes, of course I would. Thats' despite owning like 4 City Commanders.

UltraMagnus
3rd July 2011, 06:23 PM
Whoa, this thread has progressed since.

yes, of course I would. Thats' despite owning like 4 City Commanders.

Lets just say Ultra Magnus should be Ultra Magnus and not box magnus. I should know, I am Ultra Magnus :)

Ultra Mackness
8th July 2011, 08:41 AM
Is it the middle of next month yet? I can't wait for more information! The whole idea is absolutely sensational! And the concept of an official magnus with trailer - I'm just excited and I want to know how I can support it more!

UltraMarginal
8th July 2011, 02:05 PM
I would be very interested in an official magnus trailer, especially if if actually looked like a car carrier in vehicle mode.

I think this is an amazingly ambitious project, I would love to get involved in working on officially licensed product.
I have significant experience using CATIA and some experience using SolidWorks, while I don't have any licences at home at the moment, I am thinking about it. I would be interested in doing some CAD work on some aspect of this project. Obviously it would also have to be in spare time as I am holding down a full time job as well. :D

I have been modelling addon's for my own classics figures.

cheers

TheFallen
9th July 2011, 09:05 AM
What a neat concept.

I fully support this so count me in as one of your future customers

King Atlas
9th July 2011, 10:19 AM
I would definitely support an official Ultra Magnus toy since I didn't get the FP one (too blocky).

TheFallen
17th July 2011, 07:04 AM
So is this going ahead?

There is a thread on tfw2005 about www.spacepet.com so it is now out there

Hursticon
17th July 2011, 12:20 PM
So is this going ahead?

There is a thread on tfw2005 about www.spacepet.com so it is now out there

Ughh... There's always someone who has to spoil things eh? :o:rolleyes:

The proposal is still ongoing TheFallen, but I would wait until we hear official word from UltraMagnus or Heroic_Decepticon on the matter. ;):cool:

Man, there are a lot of people in that thread casting all sorts of aspersions and showing stereotypical 'Gun-ho' attitudes without having read any information on the subject eh? :confused:

SharkyMcShark
17th July 2011, 12:26 PM
I see that as usual TFW2005 is taking this well.

Hursticon
17th July 2011, 12:37 PM

LOL :p:D

kup
17th July 2011, 12:38 PM
Yep, just noticed the 'front page' news of this at TFW2005. What a shame as all the idiots there are just throwing accusations without any basis.

I would suggest that an official person involved in this project to make a statement that this is intended as a proposal concept to take to Hasbro before things get more out of hand with mis-information.

This is why I don't post in those sites.

Sky Shadow
17th July 2011, 01:12 PM

That was a fun read. Actually, I'm surprised they responded like that - normally those threads seem to worship the backsides that third-party-knockoffy-mass-custom people sit on.

Hursticon
17th July 2011, 01:22 PM
That was a fun read. Actually, I'm surprised they responded like that - normally those threads seem to worship the backsides that third-party-knockoffy-mass-custom people sit on.

A good point but Sky Shadow, where is: La Face Cachée de la Lune? :confused::p

Also, is there a mod for the 3rd party section?

kup
17th July 2011, 01:24 PM

They are erroneously assuming that the art has been stolen from official sources and having an angry mob reaction against it :rolleyes:

Some people are trying to straighten things out but others believe what they want. Don't try to find logic there, there is none.

Sky Shadow
17th July 2011, 01:27 PM
A good point but Sky Shadow, where is: La Face Cachée de la Lune? :confused::p

It's on the side of the moon we never see (except in slightly nonsensical action movies.) ;)

Also, is there a mod for the 3rd party section?

Kup and I don't have third-party-section powers so we need to wait for a Global Mod...

UltraMagnus
17th July 2011, 01:29 PM
They are erroneously assuming that the art has been stolen from official sources and having an angry mob reaction against it :rolleyes:

Some people are trying to straighten things out but others believe what they want. Don't try to find logic there, there is none.

A few things:
1) Art is commissioned, paid and authorised by artists.
2) We are NOT a third party toy company

kup
17th July 2011, 01:42 PM
A few things:

It would probably be better to post that on TFW more than here. We all seem to understand the nature of the project but over there people are more 'shoot first ask questions later'.

Hursticon
17th July 2011, 01:45 PM

True, just a pity that some people these days are so willing to jump on things they know bugger all about eh?

It's on the side of the moon we never see (except in slightly nonsensical action movies.) ;)

Ah! - Gotcha. ;):p

Kup and I don't have third-party-section powers so we need to wait for a Global Mod...

That's cool, I was just curious as to whether or not a section mod existed for the 3rd party section, cheers for the clarification though. ;):)

A few things:

1. That has been my understanding all along. :cool:
2. Well, no not really eh as at the moment you're more like brokers. ;)
(Hopefully the beginnings of a Hasbro equivalent of Matty-Collector, but you guys have intelligence :D)

griffin
17th July 2011, 01:47 PM
I find it funny (the tfw comments) that people are appalled that a 3rd party could use official artwork, but are quite willing to support and buy Replicas and unlicensed figures based on characters currently in mass media (IDW comics and Gen1 cartoon are all currently on sale, so unlicensed toys based on characters currently in media release is like an unauthorised toy that looks like Superman with a different name, during the release of a Superman movie).
Uh, double standards much?

(topic kept where it started, for now)

Oilspill
17th July 2011, 06:22 PM
Bit of a shame it go front-paged on TFW at this early stage, before things are finalised and all the info is available. Hopefully the other sites don't post it.

liegeprime
17th July 2011, 06:42 PM
Oh let them rant and hate all they want. You just knowit's gonna blow in their faces anyways when this project gets official sanction. Then we'll see them clamoring to get one:p;):rolleyes::rolleyes:Once they see the autobot city bits it comes with Im so sure the jawdrop smilies will be flooding then all them haters are gonna get buried, terminated, shamed to the very soul, exposed as the turncoat, hogwash morons that they are:mad::mad: Ignore them, AustralAsia alone can get you set on business. You'll see they'd come begging

valkyrie_76
17th July 2011, 08:50 PM
Yeah I had a nice chuckle reading some of the posts. No doubt some of those with the negative comments would be the ones that would in an instant buy KO items such as the dinocassettes but yet argue and complain about some people trying to do something which they would have permission to do from said IP holders (Hasbro/Takara).

Now I was thinking about selling off most of my classics stuff but I think I might hold off for the time being :D

PrimulArchangel
18th July 2011, 05:07 AM
I been a long time member of TFW and it use to be a cool site, but its gotten stupid over there lately more drama then a soap opera. This project here is awesome and im excited as hell to be part of it. It's going to be killer thats for damn sure :D.

theheretic
18th July 2011, 07:42 AM
http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/3rd-party-unlicensed-41/new-3rd-party-company---spacepet-172876/

Anything to do with this project?

EDIT: Nevermind I just realised that was the website you were talking about. LOL sorry I missed that until I re-read all the posts here.

5FDP
18th July 2011, 08:10 AM
Why am I not surprised by the reactions over on TFW :rolleyes:

1AZRAEL1
18th July 2011, 08:18 AM
Can't help but laugh at some of the narrow-minded reactions though. I just hope none of the narrow-minded posts jeopardise what could be one of the best ideas put forward I have seen in a long while.

I wonder why I don't post much on there... :p

5FDP
18th July 2011, 08:37 AM
I wonder why I don't post much on there... :p

Probably for the same reasons as me :)

griffin
18th July 2011, 12:39 PM
Please refrain from criticising the fans/community of a fansite...

25 - Do not criticises another fansite, community, forum/board or it's members without proof. And even then, it is best to inform Staff and/or Admin first so that they can assess if it is warranted. Objective criticism of the content of a fan forum (eg. vulgar content, promoting KOs, full of spam or advertising, false news topics, etc) may be okay, within reason and depending on the context and purpose. We are all Transformers fans, so there is no sane reason why one would want to insult another over how they enjoy the same darn hobby. There is no such thing as rival forums if they are all Transformers Forums.As an example - I was recently critical of TFW, Allspark and The Official Club for them disrespecting Hasbro's Hall of Fame Awards, by way of them publicly pushing Erector to win after he was nominated. That criticism was not against the members or fans, but of the site's staff and admin promoting/encouraging it.

Hursticon
18th July 2011, 02:45 PM
TFW isn't too bad, we're not perfect either - If you wade through enough you can find some rather interesting constructive discussions there, if you're a fan of Beast Wars there is quite a bit of discussion on that topic! :D

Back on track, I myself really can't wait to see some of the finished products as their descriptions sound so delectable! :D:cool:

bowspearer
18th July 2011, 05:32 PM
It would probably be better to post that on TFW more than here. We all seem to understand the nature of the project but over there people are more 'shoot first ask questions later'.

Would it really make any difference? Those who made those comments will invariably have made up their minds and I highly doubt something like the facts are going to sway them. It's carrying on like that which is why I tend to have limited involvement with the fan community these days (which is a criticism of the type of conduct which was allowed to take place and more of a general comment on a subculture within the fandom these days rather than a specific attack on TFW2005 or any other forum for that matter).

Back on track, HD and UM, any updates in terms of negotiations? Hope it's going great for you guys- you deserve all the success in the world with this one. Don't let blind haters get you guys down.

kup
18th July 2011, 06:59 PM
Would it really make any difference? Those who made those comments will invariably have made up their minds and I highly doubt something like the facts are going to sway them. It's carrying on like that which is why I tend to have limited involvement with the fan community these days (which is a criticism of the type of conduct which was allowed to take place and more of a general comment on a subculture within the fandom these days rather than a specific attack on TFW2005 or any other forum for that matter).

I believe the situation has already been properly handled. The reason why I suggested a definitive statement was actually to stop people over there from speaking out of their butts not to change their minds. I am sure that the coming Spacepet official announcement will be more than able to do that.

bowspearer
18th July 2011, 09:12 PM
Considering the response of the staff member who posted it with regards to their lack of confirming facts, I'm not quite sure I agree. If there was more of a genuine apology there as opposed to blind defending of a mistake then my opinion would change (edit: what would have been better handling of the situation by them once the mistake had been realised would have been an alteration to the original post and article, linking not just to the projects's website, but this thread as well as linking to information quotes directly from the source, rather than trying to justify it).

kup
18th July 2011, 10:21 PM
Considering the response of the staff member who posted it with regards to their lack of confirming facts, I'm not quite sure I agree. If there was more of a genuine apology there as opposed to blind defending of a mistake then my opinion would change (edit: what would have been better handling of the situation by them once the mistake had been realised would have been an alteration to the original post and article, linking not just to the projects's website, but this thread as well as linking to information quotes directly from the source, rather than trying to justify it).

The best thing to do now is to let the situation die out which it mostly has and to look forward to a formal announcement. It's best to leave it be instead of creating a whirlwind where none exist.

bowspearer
18th July 2011, 10:38 PM
The best thing to do now is to let the situation die out which it mostly has and to look forward to a formal announcement. It's best to leave it be instead of creating a whirlwind where none exist.

Fair enough. Hopefully it's been a case of "lesson learned" for them. Either way, bring on the next announcement here :).

UltraMarginal
19th July 2011, 12:47 PM
Soooo, HD and UM, do we get a countdown clock to an official announcement yet? not that I'm excited or anything:p:D

1AZRAEL1
19th July 2011, 01:09 PM
Soooo, HD and UM, do we get a countdown clock to an official announcement yet? not that I'm excited or anything:p:D

Best not to I reckon, just in case the date changes.

Don't worry though, you're not the only one that is excited about this :D

UltraMarginal
19th July 2011, 04:38 PM
:D:eek::D:eek:

UltraMagnus
20th July 2011, 12:38 PM
Best not to I reckon, just in case the date changes.

Don't worry though, you're not the only one that is excited about this :D

So are we :)

heroic_decepticon
20th July 2011, 11:48 PM

Ditto!

bowspearer
21st July 2011, 12:03 AM

Ditto!
Yeah says the two people who are killing us with suspense here :p

Hursticon
21st July 2011, 12:27 AM
Yeah says the two people who are killing us with suspense here :p

They like seeing us all salivating I bet. ;):p

bowspearer
21st July 2011, 12:37 AM
They like seeing us all salivating I bet. ;):p

Tell me about it- damn sadists :D:p

heroic_decepticon
21st July 2011, 01:17 AM
Hursti, bowspherer, an update is here! :D

I am very, very, very delighted to announce that Eric Holmes, the very prolific writer of Megatron Origin, is onboard as a collaborator.

To my mind, Megatron Origin is one of the more prolific, if not the best mini-series' out there, definitely worthy to stand shoulder to shoulder with LSOTW and Infiltration/Escalation/Devastation/Revelation. Eric has been at the top of my mind, even ahead of Nick Roche (no disrespect meant). The amount of G1-ness that he put into Megatron Origin is just staggering and really summed up in the one line he made Megatron say... "I will create desolation and call it peace..." (I can write an essay on how much and how deep into Megatron's core this goes and how it shows that Eric really gets G1).

In fact, I have an entire series of articles on Megatron Origin... with the great quotes all here (http://heroicdecepticon.blogspot.com/2008/04/megatron-origin-quotes.html).

I have also just received his first written product.

Needless to say, I am very excited.

If you guys are doing stories and proper bios, I would be happy to contribute. I would also be happy to help with design, concept and engineering.

Ruben, will communicate with you soon!

Hursticon
21st July 2011, 01:31 AM
Man, this is some awesome news but really shows the sheer volume of TF Fiction I've got to catchup on. :p
(I've almost obtained all the Titan HC US G1 Marvel Reprints :o)

I think it is really awesome that you've managed to get a couple of people who have previously worked with the TF brand onboard and this speaks quite a bit of not only your own confidence but also that of theirs! :eek:

Well done guys, congratulations! :D

bowspearer
21st July 2011, 01:47 AM
Fantastic news HD. Can't wait for the next tidbit. Most of all (say it with me everyone)......

WE WANT VOLUME 1! WE WANT VOLUME 1! WE WANT VOLUME 1! WE WANT VOLUME 1! WE WANT VOLUME 1! WE WANT VOLUME 1! WE WANT VOLUME 1! WE WANT VOLUME 1! WE WANT VOLUME 1! WE WANT VOLUME 1! WE WANT VOLUME 1! WE WANT VOLUME 1! WE WANT VOLUME 1! WE WANT VOLUME 1! WE WANT VOLUME 1! WE WANT VOLUME 1! WE WANT VOLUME 1! WE WANT VOLUME 1! :D:p

kup
21st July 2011, 08:25 PM
Ruben, will communicate with you soon!

I look forward to it *salutes* :)

mentok27
24th July 2011, 04:04 PM
..okay just read the whole thread for the first time, may have skipped a few posts but yes..... yes i'm in!

I was looking at buying "atomic lasers" g1 tech spec sets and displaying all my classics with there g1 spec's but this looks a million miles above what that would have added to my wall of toys, the pics didnt load for me but i remember seeing a few on the TFW2005 rage thread.... I'm still not sure whats going on but im certainly keen.

theheretic
28th July 2011, 09:26 AM
AGH! August is taking so long to get here already! Need....more....information. LOL. I am so excited about this project and if it does go into production I will be definitely buying all 50 and probably some spares of a few of my favourite characters

PrimulArchangel
28th July 2011, 03:08 PM
It's worth the wait :P The boxes came out great, i'm pretty proud of them :D

1AZRAEL1
28th July 2011, 03:12 PM
It's worth the wait, but I don't want to wait any longer :p

theheretic
6th August 2011, 06:16 PM
Has there been any more news about this yet?

UltraMagnus
8th August 2011, 01:00 PM

Yes, there has we are about to launch beta later this week.

We have some excitin news coming and will (with the assistance of Griffin and co) publicly launch it here.

So much has happened, really really excitin stuff!

reillyd
8th August 2011, 02:03 PM

I do hope it's news of a Hasbro or Takara license. I am planning to buy all regardless, but there are quite a lot of vocal members who dislike third party products and would not purchase. Kind of curious to know if you are still going with the autobot city idea, as it sounded just an amazing concept

jena
8th August 2011, 03:48 PM
I only just found this thread, due to the fact that I'm a newbie around these parts, but I just need to say... WOW! This is incredible and I'm officially now listing myself as one of the people really excited about this. That will be one heck of an amazing thing to own.

theheretic
9th August 2011, 11:45 AM
I hope this means I can place my pre-order soon =^)

Yes, there has we are about to launch beta later this week.

We have some excitin news coming and will (with the assistance of Griffin and co) publicly launch it here.

So much has happened, really really excitin stuff!

reillyd
9th August 2011, 02:11 PM
There's something so special, almost magical, about an actual box for toys. Cards just can't compete, ad I used to love the TFC releases before encore. Still have everyone.

bowspearer
9th August 2011, 02:21 PM
There's something so special, almost magical, about an actual box for toys. Cards just can't compete, ad I used to love the TFC releases before encore. Still have everyone.

Actually it's interesting you bring that up. On one hand, if I had to choose between encore packaging and tfc packaging, I'd choose encore with G1 toys.

Yet it's like this project is taking the mediocre CHUG packaging and taking it to a totally different place.

There's a clear lesson in this for Hasbro moreso than Takara, one they've hopefully started to learn- give people packaging that boxth kids and adults will be blown away by (let's face it, the blister back is beyond old), or step out of the way for 3rd parties to do it for them as a secondary option.

UltraMarginal
9th August 2011, 02:37 PM
Actually it's interesting you bring that up. On one hand, if I had to choose between encore packaging and tfc packaging, I'd choose encore with G1 toys.

Yet it's like this project is taking the mediocre CHUG packaging and taking it to a totally different place.

There's a clear lesson in this for Hasbro moreso than Takara, one they've hopefully started to learn- give people packaging that boxth kids and adults will be blown away by (let's face it, the blister back is beyond old), or step out of the way for 3rd parties to do it for them as a secondary option.

I have to disagree for the mainstream, the blisters and bubble/plastic sealed packaging is as much there to protect the toy as anything else. Boutique packaging like this project would be quickly devalued by damage in a regular store. I think it is very much a collector only item. Not that young kids aren't collectors. It's just that at normal retail this packaging would go through too many uncaring hands.

PrimulArchangel
9th August 2011, 02:53 PM
I can not go into any details but the first 10 completed boxes came out really nice, I had alot of fun making them. A few things are going to be changed on them so im sure that will make them look even better. This whole project kicks some major A** and can not wait to get started on the improvements and next line up :D

theheretic
9th August 2011, 08:36 PM
Any word if this project is boxes only or toys too?

Deonasis
9th August 2011, 11:08 PM
Primul, have you ever had any of your work mass produced before? I imagine it would be a buzz for you. Same for all the other contributors too!

PrimulArchangel
10th August 2011, 04:10 PM
Primul, have you ever had any of your work mass produced before? I imagine it would be a buzz for you. Same for all the other contributors too!

I have had some but nothing massed produced in large numbers. It's pretty wild working on these and seeing new art that no one has seen yet :D

theheretic
12th August 2011, 07:04 AM
Sucks that you've gotta be on twitter to join the beta :-(

kup
12th August 2011, 03:22 PM

If that's the case then I guess that I will have to open an account...

UltraMagnus
12th August 2011, 05:09 PM

Twitter beta launch is in 3 weeks time. There are some members of Ozformers who have been invited.

Heretic, you'll get your chance :)

heroic_decepticon
12th August 2011, 05:27 PM

you don't need to be on Twitter to join the beta...! :D

bowspearer
12th August 2011, 06:48 PM
Just tweeted. Count me in :D.

theheretic
12th August 2011, 07:52 PM
I just wanna help out any way I can. I a so excited about the possibilities this project brings to collectors.

Hursticon
12th August 2011, 09:05 PM
I didn't think you had to be on Twitter to be apart of the Beta, which is good as I haven't the foggiest idea on how to use it! :o
I gave up on that MyBook/FaceSpace or whatever it's called. :p:D

Skullcruncher
12th August 2011, 09:31 PM
I didn't think you had to be on Twitter to be apart of the Beta, which is good as I haven't the foggiest idea on how to use it! :o
I gave up on that MyBook/FaceSpace or whatever it's called. :p:D

MyFace? :confused: :D

jena
13th August 2011, 12:28 AM
I'm confused, how does one become a part of the beta then?

PrimulArchangel
13th August 2011, 01:11 AM
I'm confused, how does one become a part of the beta then?

I believe you have to be invited

theheretic
13th August 2011, 09:37 AM
So you have to be one of the cool kids?

mentok27
13th August 2011, 11:33 AM
So you have to be one of the cool kids?

i wish i were cool...

reillyd
16th August 2011, 05:16 PM
I wish I was cool too. I even joined the 21th century and signed up for twitter.... No followers though.... sigh....

theheretic
20th August 2011, 09:37 PM
I wish I knew something more about this

Hursticon
20th August 2011, 09:48 PM
Not much has happened beyond the submittal for Beta process guys, both HD and UM are really busy at the moment so stay tuned. ;):)

UltraMagnus
20th August 2011, 11:34 PM
I wish I knew something more about this

Sorry about not communicating more, its funny just how much stuff there is needing to be done.

We have been exceptionally busy working on some projects above and beyond what we initially saw the project as.

Beta is starting this weekend, and can't wait to show the world what we have been up to!

bowspearer
21st August 2011, 11:18 AM
If @excitin is following you on twitter, are you a part of the Beta?

UltraMagnus
22nd August 2011, 06:18 PM
If @excitin is following you on twitter, are you a part of the Beta?

Hi Bowspearer, can you pm your email address and we will sign you up?

Thanks

jena
22nd August 2011, 07:05 PM
Hi Bowspearer, can you pm your email address and we will sign you up?

Thanks

Any chance that offer is open to others?

KillinSpoon
22nd August 2011, 08:53 PM
Sorry about not communicating more, its funny just how much stuff there is needing to be done.

We have been exceptionally busy working on some projects above and beyond what we initially saw the project as.

Beta is starting this weekend, and can't wait to show the world what we have been up to!

Can't wait :D

UltraMagnus
23rd August 2011, 12:42 PM
Any chance that offer is open to others?

Beta is closed to the first round of attendees in the first two weeks. In Sept we will be offering Beta round two that people can attend.

jena
23rd August 2011, 03:48 PM
Beta is closed to the first round of attendees in the first two weeks. In Sept we will be offering Beta round two that people can attend.

Awesome, thanks.

Hursticon
23rd August 2011, 06:46 PM
So, everyone participating in round 1 Beta testing should have their emails by now yes? :o

bowspearer
23rd August 2011, 07:10 PM
I was wondering the same thing.

UltraMagnus
23rd August 2011, 07:24 PM
So, everyone participating in round 1 Beta testing should have their emails by now yes? :o

Absolutely, the people who replied to the confidentiality agreement code will receive an email response asking them to sign up. Hurtsi, did you not recieve the invitation? tsk tsk

bowspearer
23rd August 2011, 07:55 PM
I still have yet to receive mine too.

Hursticon
23rd August 2011, 09:42 PM
Absolutely, the people who replied to the confidentiality agreement code will receive an email response asking them to sign up. Hurtsi, did you not recieve the invitation? tsk tsk

I'll have to check, but I think I did get the confidentiality agreement email but I wasn't sure that it had a link in it or anything? :confused: - I haven't seen it in quite a while as I've been quite busy, I'll have to have a look for it tomorrow UM and I'll get back to you. ;):)

KillinSpoon
23rd August 2011, 10:24 PM
I'll have to check, but I think I did get the confidentiality agreement email but I wasn't sure that it had a link in it or anything? :confused: - I haven't seen it in quite a while as I've been quite busy, I'll have to have a look for it tomorrow UM and I'll get back to you. ;):)

Just go to the site and sign up haha. UM will have your email down as someone who agreed to the email and let you in (Y)

liegeprime
23rd August 2011, 11:30 PM
Okay so I replied ok to the email sent to me, what now? How do i know what my username and password will be in the site itself?:o I went to the site itself but registering is disabled....:p

Hursticon
24th August 2011, 06:14 PM
Just go to the site and sign up haha. UM will have your email down as someone who agreed to the email and let you in (Y)

Okay so I replied ok to the email sent to me, what now? How do i know what my username and password will be in the site itself?:o I went to the site itself but registering is disabled....:p

I too have found the email and have replied to it, I'm waiting on a reply from The Space Captains before I attempt signing up at the site. ;):D

liegeprime
24th August 2011, 06:56 PM

Hursticon
24th August 2011, 07:21 PM

Alas, I am unable to do so as it says that: "User registrations is disabled in Joomla". :o
I think there may be some sort of back-end authentication that needs to be made or something... Anyway, I'll wait for a reply from our Space Captains. ;):)

heroic_decepticon
24th August 2011, 11:40 PM
Alas, I am unable to do so as it says that: "User registrations is disabled in Joomla". :o
I think there may be some sort of back-end authentication that needs to be made or something... Anyway, I'll wait for a reply from our Space Captains. ;):)

It's working now.

I see that Hursti and Leige are both on, thanks guys!

Hursticon
25th August 2011, 07:09 PM
It's working now.

Nah, thank you and UM, HD. :cool:
I hope you and E have been enjoying your holidays too. ;):)

tinyJazz
26th August 2011, 01:42 AM
It's working now.

It's still not working for me, getting the same joomla message. :S

Autocon
26th August 2011, 01:52 AM
Maybe its been said? When will we get a confirmation that hasbro taktom have or have not backed the project?

ispayks
26th August 2011, 09:43 PM
It's still not working for me, getting the same joomla message. :S
+1

Not working for me either.

bowspearer
28th August 2011, 10:52 AM
Still haven't received my NDA.

heroic_decepticon
28th August 2011, 11:27 AM
Nah, thank you and UM, HD. :cool:
I hope you and E have been enjoying your holidays too. ;):)

Thanks Hursti, holidays was good. Just back, lots to work through soon! ;)

bowspearer
28th August 2011, 05:55 PM
HD, did you get that pm I sent you? Have yet to receive a response.

bowspearer
4th October 2011, 06:05 AM
What's happening with Beta #2. I was sent a tweet from @Spacepet on Aug 28 saying "@bowspearer beta invitations for beta#2 will be sent in mid Sept. We have almost finished round #1 and will email shortly" but have yet to hear anything. What's happening on that front?