PDA

View Full Version : Trailer for new X-Men cartoon

STL
7th May 2008, 09:08 AM
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=16313

I want!

For me X-Men animated was the last thing I watched before I "matured". It's what got me into comics and probably kept me to Transformers once the G1 comics started hitting the shelves. This looks just as good as the original cartoon. I never quite got into Evolution but this seems more in line w/ the original X-Men cartoon.

roller
7th May 2008, 09:19 AM
NAh the only X-Men cartoon that was great was the one with that cool intro

with the electric guitar and all the characters names flashing up

STL
7th May 2008, 09:23 AM
NAh the only X-Men cartoon that was great was the one with that cool intro

with the electric guitar and all the characters names flashing up

Yup, that's my favourite. Very epic stuff.

i_amtrunks
7th May 2008, 10:10 AM
If it is anywhere near as good as the old Xmen cartoon that aired in the 90's I'll be very happy.

Hell I'm happy enough just knowing Beast is in the series.

Hope this becomes another Marvel must get for me, like Spectacular Spiderman.

Pulse
7th May 2008, 10:38 AM
That style of drawing/animation looks familiar - but I can't put my finger on where I've seen it before? :confused:

If it is anywhere near as good as the old Xmen cartoon that aired in the 90's I'll be very happy.

I think I remember that series (didn't it air from the early to mid 90's on Channel 10's "Cheese TV"?)

& on a side note, did we see the Incredible Hulk for a moment?

i_amtrunks
7th May 2008, 10:53 AM
I think I remember that series (didn't it air from the early to mid 90's on Channel 10's "Cheese TV"?)

It certainly was. I missed most of it the first time round, but caught up a little later on when friends gave me episodes they had taped off Foxtel.

& on a side note, did we see the Incredible Hulk for a moment?

Sure did. Wonder if we will get any other crossovers?

liegeprime
8th May 2008, 07:54 PM
Its more like an age of apocalypse/alternate universe type approach this time. More grim than the evolution series. I like it coz it features more characters you never get to see in the past cartoon incarnations.... Emma Frost hmmmm like in the ultimate series.... queen b$#@*! demeanor hehehehe, I like it. Wish rogue has the Miss Marvel power though not just the vampiric one she normally has. The little pic shows Collosus as well but didnt see him in the trailer.. guess he's gonna join much later then.

Paulbot
8th May 2008, 08:05 PM
It looks like a continuation of Evolution to me. Most of the character models look the same, except Rogue who is more comic-like. But there's some odd choices of characters in there, like who remembers who Maverick is (other than diehard fans)? Still it looks interesting and I'd watch it if it can find a regular timeslot which Evolution never seemed to manage.

liegeprime
8th May 2008, 08:12 PM
Um Maverick hmmmm, nope doesnt ring any bells . where is he anyways in the trailer? I only know some of them, some not even their codenames at times only their look and power. Like that wolf girl that got shot - shes from X-factor with the green haired magnetic powered girl. Hmmm angel's back to semi normal too, wish they retained the metal wings, as archangel he's more useful in a fight with those blade babies.

Paulbot
8th May 2008, 08:33 PM
Angel's been all normal in the comics for a couple of years now, and has had the feathered wings back since the 90s. Same with Rogue who lost the Ms Marvel powers in the comic back around 2002/03 and now has Sunfire's fire powers as her permament stolen power. [/ X-Men comic fan mode]

Maverick appears about 3:23, after Pyro's shooting fire out of the helicopter. He's probably the most obscure character in the ad.

STL
8th May 2008, 09:02 PM
It looks like a continuation of Evolution to me. Most of the character models look the same, except Rogue who is more comic-like. But there's some odd choices of characters in there, like who remembers who Maverick is (other than diehard fans)? Still it looks interesting and I'd watch it if it can find a regular timeslot which Evolution never seemed to manage.

Don't dis Maverick! He rocks!

Paulbot
8th May 2008, 09:05 PM
*cough*Cable rip-off*cough* :P

STL
8th May 2008, 09:16 PM
*cough*Cable rip-off*cough* :P

... :o ... he was different! :rolleyes:;):cool: