PDA

View Full Version : It's never over.

STL
7th May 2008, 02:59 PM
Been going through Graduate job applications and after the lengthy process have gotten a few offers. It's all so relieving and gratifying but now that that's all over, my life returns to uni and I've got a %&# of an 2400 word research assignment due Friday that I don't even know what to write about! I am in the so totally screwed department atm.

When I got the offers over the past week, I was like hell yeah! But boy does life knock you back down real fast.

1orion2many
7th May 2008, 03:29 PM
:)The smart people stay lying on the ground and relax instead of getting up to get pounded down again:D. Only joking, if you don't keep trying what's the point of being around. Life is full of challenges and it's how you bounce back each time you get knocked down which determines who you are. You'll think of something for your research assignment, either that or grovel for an extension;).

i_amtrunks
7th May 2008, 03:58 PM
My gf is doing the same thing, weeks of nothing but interviews, then weeks of just nothing. At least she had the smarts not to go back to uni after finishing! :p

It took me nearly a full year to find a full-time permanent job after I finished Uni, but I'm sure you'll find something decent sooner than you think.

As for your assignment, it's times like these you need to select something at random quicksmart.

Saintly
7th May 2008, 04:48 PM
how about research on how robots do the birds and the bees thing? :) only kidding!!

I do hope you find something interesting to research on! SOON!

Pulse
7th May 2008, 05:00 PM
I know first hand just how much the job-hunting thing sucks :(. After I got my first 2 pieces of paper, I did some 6 years of casual primary teaching & I knew I was meant to do something else :rolleyes:. So first semester last year, I got my Post-Grad certificate in TESOL. But it seems as though I don't have enough experience in TESOL for what they're after (I would get some experience if they gave me a chance :mad:).

So I've put the TESOL-jobhunting on the backburner for now & recently I've been applying for quite a few positions in the field of "Learning/Training & Development" as well as "Recruitment". I'm currently waiting on quite a few positive leads so... hopefully something will come of it :).

Even though I was making excellent money as a casual primary teacher (I'm not kidding when I tell you I was making Public $240 & Catholic $300 a day after tax), Some of those kids are the devil re-incarnated! Primary Teaching can bite me!

STL, You should be used to the pointless assignments by now :D. You must be getting to the end of the semester - Keep to your spirits up Mate! Don't you know, as soon as you finish this assignment - there'll be another one to do just around the corner... :)

Kyle
7th May 2008, 06:35 PM
2400 word assignment is nothing man. I have to complete a 100+ page thesis... :(

roller
7th May 2008, 07:50 PM
yeah you gots it easy, ive got a maths assignment and i dont know how to do it

also both bikes chains died withing 2 days, so now ive got to waste money getting them fixed

Pulse
7th May 2008, 07:56 PM
also both bikes chains died withing 2 days, so now ive got to waste money getting them fixed

Easy fix - take piggy back rides everywhere! :D

liegeprime
7th May 2008, 08:01 PM
Re: your assignment, is it a topic anything under the sun type? IF IT IS the best to go about selecting a topic would be watch the news or issues type of shows (e.g. 60 minutes) then you can get issues or topics from that and expound from it, pretty soon youll be reaching even beyond the 2000++ words you need. Like try that news a few days ago about " making the Citizenship test harder" coz as per my impression of the words from the "full blooded true blue old timer, Im born here, raised here, I have an impt degree and standing and well known person Aussies" that were interviewed, IT was too darn easy. Remember that sample test we did the other thread before... yep apparently its TOO DARN EASY coz there was a 95% result of passing. Now thats one issue you can expound on - for or against. You'll get an idea soon. Cheers

STL
8th May 2008, 02:38 AM
It's a legal ethics research assignment. I've chosen my topic and now just doing the "intense" research and trying to get it written up by Friday 4pm. After that it's a long straight to exams and after that I'll be able to spend more times with my lonely little TFs. Oh how they've missed me. :)

It is kinda good though. Having job offers on the table and being able to choose is kinda a curse b/c you have to make a tough choice but it's heaven b/c now you know your marks no longer matter. All you need to remember to do is Pass :D