PDA

View Full Version : Just another G1 fan...

Roadbuster
29th May 2011, 01:39 PM
Greetings. Found this site through a local search and after checking it out further decided this is a pretty cool place to hang out. So, I signed up. I'm an avid G1 fan. Have been since '84 at the ripe 'ole age of 7 when the show first aired. Now I'm "really" old and loving just as much now it as I did back then. Sadly enough, I actually got rid of all my original transformers I had back when I was young and have only begun collecting them once again since the emergence of the live action movies back in '07. I'll be sure to post pics of my collection so far in the appropriate area. I'm also into G.I. Joe and MASK and collect those as well. Anyways...I hate doing introduction threads so I'm going to cut this one short by saying it's great to be here and I look forward to interacting with you all real soon.

1AZRAEL1
29th May 2011, 01:50 PM
G'day and welcome. Many of us got rid of our toys in our younger days, so we know the feeling :)

Roadbuster
29th May 2011, 02:16 PM
Yeah, I gave all of mine to a childhood friend when we were moving away to another town. Years later he finds me on Facebook but as it turns out the toys have been long gone.:(

jazzcomp
29th May 2011, 02:49 PM
Welcome to the boards. G1 fan myself but very little g1 left from childhood.

Vector Prime
29th May 2011, 03:24 PM
http://i954.photobucket.com/albums/ae21/phuynh1979/CG-VectorPrime.jpg

SkyWarp91
29th May 2011, 06:31 PM
Welcome to the boards Roadbuster! What do you think of your DOTM incarnation?

Prowl
29th May 2011, 06:44 PM
Welcome Roadbuster.

KillinSpoon
29th May 2011, 08:12 PM
What do you think of your DOTM incarnation?

You spelled abomination wrong :P
Haha, only kidding.

Seriously though, welcome to the board :D

Hursticon
29th May 2011, 09:56 PM
http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Webpics/6.gif

Greetings and Welcome to OZformers! :D

Pleasure to have you dude, I've just checked out your collection pics and man - A very impressive effort for just shy of 4 years worth of collecting indeed! :eek::cool:
As 1AZRAEL1 and Jazzcomp have expressed, long lost childhood toys are quite the pain on many peoples memories I believe, though I was very lucky to experience a very rare occurrence myself with regards to a G1 Ravage figure I lost when I was 7 that, 14 years later, was re-discovered when doing a bathroom renovation! :D

@KillingSpoon: LOL, nice! :p:D

Iacon's Demise
30th May 2011, 07:47 AM
Welcome fellow Transfan !

Omega Supreme
30th May 2011, 09:35 AM
Welcome to the board!

liegeprime
30th May 2011, 09:46 AM
Mabuhay and welcome to the forum, saw your collection thread, awesome!!:D

GoktimusPrime
30th May 2011, 10:43 AM
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/avatars/wb_blitzwinglowenbrau.jpg

G'day and welcome. Many of us got rid of our toys in our younger days, so we know the feeling :)
Thankfully not all of us. I'm glad I kept all my childhood TFs... makes it a helluva lot cheaper having a G1 collection when it was collected between 1984-93. Collecting current Transformers is bloody expensive enough as it is -- I would surely go broke if I tried tobuild a G1 collection nowadays! :eek:

But hey, if you can afford it, then good luck to you. And if you ever have excess money you're looking to unload, just remember your good buddy Goki. :D ;) :p (hey, it was worth a shot :p)

LordCyrusOmega
30th May 2011, 11:02 AM
Welcome to the board! As many have stated already there is a lot of regret for giving away childhood toys. I still have some of mine but a few of them are in terrible condition and living out their days on The Planet of Junk. Not sure which is worse

Jetfire in the sky
30th May 2011, 08:37 PM
Hey Roadbuster (One of my all time fave TF's BTW) I was lucky, I have a brother who is nine years younger than me so all my TF's got passed onto him and being an 80's kid he was given many awesome pressies, so together we still have our old school items. :) And while some nice minty pieces have passed us by, nothing tops those original toys we both played with having no regard for their future preservation and preparedness for their life on a display shelf :p

optimus1
30th May 2011, 10:18 PM
I know the feeling of letting your collection go. At the same age I gave away a majority of my collection - mostly figures I thought weren't that important (e.g. G1 Sunstreaker and Wheeljack, Action Maser Bombshell, etc.) Looking back now I was wrong :eek:

Oh well, now a little older and wiser as a collector.
Welcome to the Ozformers Boards :)

Ultra Mackness
31st May 2011, 05:42 AM
Welcome to the boards Roadbuster:D. I'm new myself but its a cool place to hang out. Very cool collection too. I also had that experience of having to let my tf's go at an early age and start rebuilding at an older age, but isn't it a sweet feeling obtaining a vintage tf to replace that which was lost:). And tell me, do I recognise your avatar from the tfl forum?

5FDP
31st May 2011, 09:38 AM
http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/6158/drunkprime.jpg

Deceptic_Optic
5th July 2011, 02:18 AM
http://i831.photobucket.com/albums/zz231/Deceptic_Optics_2010/08add66a.jpg

Sam
5th July 2011, 11:43 PM
G'day and welcome!