PDA

View Full Version : AX83's Beast Wars Collection

AX83
5th June 2011, 12:26 PM
Here are some pictures of my BW collection. I'll be trying to sell these soon to fund more masterpiece purchases.

http://i1212.photobucket.com/albums/cc460/sth360/Beast%20Wars/IMG_1851.jpg
http://i1212.photobucket.com/albums/cc460/sth360/Beast%20Wars/IMG_1845.jpg
http://i1212.photobucket.com/albums/cc460/sth360/Beast%20Wars/IMG_1852.jpg

kup
5th June 2011, 12:43 PM
That's very nice! I hope they get good homes.

KillinSpoon
5th June 2011, 02:02 PM
Dayummm, that Primal, Megs and Inferno would go down well!

Memories from my childhood and my now broken Megs :(
I don't remember the box, but looking at it seems vaguely familiar. :D
Nice man!

GoktimusPrime
5th June 2011, 02:07 PM
Can I call dibs on Silverbolt? ;)

Hursticon
5th June 2011, 02:44 PM
If I had the money and the space I would give those Boxed figure a home in a heart-beat! ;):cool:
A great collection AX83 :D, I still don't think you should sell them but I'm not their owner and they're going back towards TFs so... I guess that's cool. :o

GoktimusPrime
5th June 2011, 04:12 PM
Well I sure hope AX83 is positively sure about selling his Beast Wars collection and won't come to regret it later. I'm always disappointed to read stories about people who have at some stage, sold or given away their toys - only to later regret it then spend ridiculous amounts of money trying to "buy back" their toys; only that you're not really buying back your toys -- unless you're lucky enough to track down the person whom you originally sold/gave your toys to and convince them to sell/return them to you, the toy that you're buying most likely wasn't the one you had.

Having said that, if people are wanting to sell (or better yet, give away) their collections, I'm more than happy to receive them. :) Hey... better for these toys to go into the hands of collectors who'll appreciate them, right? :D

I've personally never given away or sold a toy that I wanted back later (anything I really want, I keep) - and I've never had someone who gave or sold me their toy say that they wish they had it back. So yeah... AX83, if you wanna offload your BW collection, then that's your choice. Just so long as you're absolutely sure about it and you're not gonna miss them later. :)

Speaking of which, there is a toy in my BW collection I've been thinking of selling (no, it's not Ravage :p)... keep your optics peeled on the sales section. ;)

Hursticon
5th June 2011, 05:24 PM
Speaking of which, there is a toy in my BW collection I've been thinking of selling (no, it's not Ravage :p)... keep your optics peeled on the sales section. ;)

ARGH!!! - X-9!!! :p

liegeprime
5th June 2011, 07:53 PM
Wow, nice collection there!!

Ive owned Rampaghe for quite some time now but honestly never put him in his tank mode ( dont have instructions hehehe). Chrome on those figs look nice, erm except for that rattrap tail hehehe, but then most of the BWTM figs chrome suffers flakiness at one point, still a very nice collection!

"snip"......... only to later regret it then spend ridiculous amounts of money trying to "buy back" their toys; only that you're not really buying back your toys -- unless you're lucky enough to track down the person whom you originally sold/gave your toys to and convince them to sell/return them to you, the toy that you're buying most likely wasn't the one you had. .....

"hack off the rest"

somehow this comes to mind....
http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb313/liegeprime/Miscellaneous/face-punch-1.jpg
Sorry to hack your thread AX83, :o:p

LordCyrusOmega
5th June 2011, 09:45 PM
Nice collection dude.
Damn, Gok beat me to Silverbolt. Others I'd buy would be Megatron, TM2 Blackarachnia, TM2 Dinobot and TM Tarantulus. I'm saying this to show you would have buyers here.
But Gok is right, Don't sell if you think you'd regret it later. I've never sold a toy and the couple I've given away, first to my nephews (which I now very much regret) and my son (who I don't regret). In the end it's your choice.
I've spent a bit tracking things down after passing them up at retail. Thats not really comparable though.

Love the collection though. I see you have majority Transmetal stuff. Any reason for that?

AX83
6th June 2011, 09:09 AM
Hey Guys,

More than happy to receive offers by PM. :)

I've decided that its time for a new continuity. I never got around to finishing the collection. I have mostly Transmetals as I started watching Beast Wars when Season 2 was on TV. All the original toys were long gone from the shops by then. I do remember seeing boxes of Scorponoks on clearance at K-Mart but I never picked one up as I thought he was an 'off screen' character as he never appeared in Season 2! :o

EDIT- I'll have to take more close up pics. Most of the Metals are in good conditiob but some have some fading or flaking. They have been on display or boxed for the last 10 years.

liegeprime
6th June 2011, 04:06 PM
Dude!! Scorponok fetches some considerable moolah these days ( not sure why). I was lucky enough to buy one reasonably priced 6 years ago. What new continuity are you going to invest into if I may ask? Tf: Prime or movie stuff, or Animated (it's a finished line though)?

AX83
6th June 2011, 10:03 PM
TF Prime. I'd like to get in on at least 1 continuity from Day 1!

KillinSpoon
6th June 2011, 10:13 PM
TF Prime. I'd like to get in on at least 1 continuity from Day 1!

I honestly don't see too big of a toyline appearing with Prime... there isn't enough characters (thus far) :/
Hopefully there will be a minion decepticon (vehicon??) release so that I can army build though!

Hursticon
6th June 2011, 10:56 PM
I honestly don't see too big of a toyline appearing with Prime... there isn't enough characters (thus far) :/
Hopefully there will be a minion decepticon (vehicon??) release so that I can army build though!

Neither did Beast Wars dude, but look at what happened. ;):cool:
Prime will be the 2012 line and hence why we've only been given tidbits but I too hope for an Eradicon toy as that would definitely get me in to army building. ;):D

AX83
7th June 2011, 08:04 AM
I think they announced the Vehicon Drone as part of 'wave 2' at Botcon. :D

liegeprime
7th June 2011, 10:59 AM
Did someone mentioned Army BUilding???:D:D:D

griffin
7th June 2011, 01:04 PM
A third season/year of TF:Prime has been confirmed at BotCon, so expect a lot of toys over the next 2 years at the very least.

Hursticon
7th June 2011, 10:37 PM
A third season/year of TF:Prime has been confirmed at BotCon, so expect a lot of toys over the next 2 years at the very least.

Really? oh Hell yeah! :D
So that's 2 seasons with a confirmed 26 episodes per season, for a total of 52, now with an added 3rd Season with hopefully another 26 episodes? - Hell yeah! :D:D:D