PDA

View Full Version : Ozformers Forum - a really friendly place

griffin
7th June 2011, 12:32 PM
Talking to a number of people at BotCon, whom had either been members here or had browsed our forum, the feedback I got was a consistent 'the friendliest forum with great people'... making us one of the most inviting fan forums for Transformers.

Thanks Guys. Keep it up. :D

1AZRAEL1
7th June 2011, 01:17 PM
That's good to hear. But as they say, I find it the friendliest I visit as well :)

optimus1
7th June 2011, 02:31 PM
Also great news from all of us in Australia (and a select few from overseas) :cool:

SkyWarp91
7th June 2011, 02:33 PM
Whoa I didn't know many people outside the US visited our site? We should be thanking you Griffin for keeping this site up and going.

liegeprime
7th June 2011, 03:00 PM
Whoa I didn't know many people outside the US visited our site? We should be thanking you Griffin for keeping this site up and going.

Indeed!! Oh and Skywarp91 - just look at the bottom of the general forum overview screen, you'll see the number XX active members and XX guests listed above the list of member names online... you wouldn't believe how many guests we have early morning when no one ( well almost non one) of the regular members are online :D:D

Verno
7th June 2011, 03:24 PM
I'm a bit worried about the number of spam-bots that have joined in recent months. Looking at the most recent member to join, their name is 'best weight loss pills 9', and I've been concerned about a many number of other recent ones. Something to look into Griff?

SkyWarp91
7th June 2011, 03:26 PM
I'm a bit worried about the number of spam-bots that have joined in recent months. Looking at the most recent member to join, their name is 'best weight loss pills 9', and I've been concerned about a many number of other recent ones. Something to look into Griff?

Is there even a way to deter spam-bots?

Tetsuwan Convoy
7th June 2011, 03:52 PM
Is there even a way to deter spam-bots?

Yep, you gotta tell them

"00110100101010101001011111011010011!:mad:"

and that should do the trick!:D

Sorry, couldn't help myself!

Iacon's Demise
7th June 2011, 05:08 PM
I have made a Banner for the forums because i like this place alot...where would i show it ?

Thanks

SkyWarp91
7th June 2011, 05:49 PM
I have made a Banner for the forums because i like this place alot...where would i show it ?

Thanks

Send Griffin a Private Message about that

griffin
7th June 2011, 08:20 PM

It's been a noticeable problem in the last couple months. Most have an identical entry in their registration, but some have too much info added to their bios for it to be automated spam... which if true, would make it impossible to prevent.

GoktimusPrime
7th June 2011, 08:47 PM
Congratulations on all the positive feedback! :D

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/avatars/jaam_yum.gifhttp://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/avatars/imsohappy3aq.gif

And I would totally agree with them - this is the friendliest and most civilised active on-topic TF forum I've ever been on! :D

Hursticon
7th June 2011, 09:56 PM
Talking to a number of people at BotCon, whom had either been members here or had browsed our forum, the feedback I got was a consistent 'the friendliest forum with great people'... making us one of the most inviting fan forums for Transformers.

Thanks Guys. Keep it up. :D

Thank you Griffin for providing a place to be proud of. ;):)

you wouldn't believe how many guests we have early morning when no one ( well almost non one) of the regular members are online :D:D

Do-dodo-dodo... :rolleyes::p

Yep, you gotta tell them

"00110100101010101001011111011010011!:mad:"

and that should do the trick!:D

Sorry, couldn't help myself!

LOL! :p:D

LordCyrusOmega
7th June 2011, 11:59 PM
I have to say I've registered on a couple of other sites but never use them. The only one I look at is Transformers Archive and that's only because I like their toy section. I don't even know which sites I'm registered to until my birthday and I get messages from them.
What was I saying? Sure I had a point. Oh that's it -
Congratuations guys! this really is the friendliest forum. I was nervous about posting at first but you really are free to express your opinion without getting flamed for it. I'm on here every day and don't know what I'd do without it.

kristofferrer
8th June 2011, 12:42 AM
yeah man - it's brilliant here!

in fact this has got to THE FRIENDLIEST FORUM for me :)

AX83
8th June 2011, 08:44 AM
I only joined last week and I love this place. :)

I have nothing against Spam-bots, as long as they have a cool Alt Mode :D

5FDP
8th June 2011, 09:59 AM
I've expressed my appreciation previously, but for those that missed it...

http://www.clacksweb.org.uk/images/gallery/569.jpg

Fonecrusher
8th June 2011, 09:59 AM
Yeah this forum IMO is way more friendly and easy going then say TFW or Allspark, it's the reason I joined. :D

theheretic
8th June 2011, 02:09 PM
To tell you the truth I only joined up so I could read some of the stuff people had posted that interested me at the time. Then I kept reading...and reading and then I started posting and found out this place is awesome! I never join forums but this place has so much to offer and everyone is so nice and helpful. That's why I'll be staying active on here in the future (and present). I've only been on here a month but otca has helped me with my questions, taught me more about transformers and given me more direction in what I want to collect. I think Hasbro should be paying you to keep this site going so well!

Bartrim
8th June 2011, 02:57 PM
I've expressed my appreciation previously, but for those that missed it...

http://www.clacksweb.org.uk/images/gallery/569.jpg

and I'll tell you again... Dude you have to cut back on the drinks and start working out.:p

liegeprime
8th June 2011, 05:13 PM
I only joined last week and I love this place. :)

I have nothing against Spam-bots, as long as they have a cool Alt Mode :D

They transform into a can of "meat" - or somehow meatlike stuff in a can, there's also the lite version :p:D;) Rank - 5, Firepower - 6.

Prowl
10th June 2011, 06:45 PM
This is the only TF forum I am a member of & I like this place. At least I don't get shot down here for opening all my toys :)

Great community to be a member of. Hopefully I can contribute more in the future.