PDA

View Full Version : Hi all, new member intro

Reflector
7th June 2011, 06:57 PM
Hi guys/girls, My names Jordan and i live near Lithgow NSW, ive been a transfan since i was little and i have been collecting g1 transformers and anything related for about 15 years. Although i havent added anything new for around 5 years ive recently started browsing for new additions and ive decided to focus on G1 decoys.

Im in the process of moving house at the moment and once ive got my toys all set up again ill post some pics so you guys can tell me what you think. Im also a big fan of keeping business local so ill be checking the forums regularly for any G1's you guys might have for sale before i buy from overseas.

I just ate subway for dinner...beef wagyu!

Iacon's Demise
7th June 2011, 07:24 PM
Greetings fellow Transfan ! Do you have a favourite Character ?

Reflector
7th June 2011, 07:40 PM
I think i have two...ive always had a soft spot for Soundwave and Perceptor, i love the way they transform and they both look so excellent in both forms. Now that im back in the swing of collecting ill be looking for the two best boxed examples of both, ive convinced my girlfriend that only AFA graded transformers are worth buying so ive opened up that path. What about you?

5FDP
7th June 2011, 08:26 PM
http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/6158/drunkprime.jpg

Iacon's Demise
7th June 2011, 08:28 PM
@Reflector: Soundwave is my all time favourite...his voice...his command...his Loyalty to Megatron...oh and the Cassettes are awesome ! Lazerbeak is my favourite "tape"

liegeprime
7th June 2011, 08:47 PM
Mabuhay! Welcome to OTCA! :D:D

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb313/liegeprime/Othercollectibles061-1-1.jpg

GoktimusPrime
7th June 2011, 08:52 PM
http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/avatars/wb1.jpg
Who's your favourite member of Reflector?
Mine's Spectro. :)

Although in my toy-reenacted adaptation of Transformers The Movie Spectro gets shot! :p
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers/Photocomic%20Transformers%20The%20Movie/photocomic_tftm0008.jpg

Hursticon
7th June 2011, 10:15 PM
(Insert Greetings Pic Here) - Can't remember Photobucket Username/Password :o

Greetings and Welcome to OZformers! :D

Lithgow huh? - That's a lovely area dude as I used to often go up to a friend of the family's property out at Little Heartly up that way, as well as Black Heath and Lithgow was a frequent point of visitation. ;):cool:

Another Soundwave fan? - Awesome!, he is Superior after all and Perceptor is pretty cool too. :)
We love to see pics of other members collections dude, so if you're keen? - please consider posting some. ;):D

Skullcruncher
7th June 2011, 10:21 PM
Welcome to the boards! Decoys are awesome I cant get enough of the little guys either :D Looking forward to the collection pics :)

Verno
7th June 2011, 10:45 PM
G'Day Jordan,

If you ever need any Beast Wars figures mate, just let me know!

Welcome aboard!

LordCyrusOmega
7th June 2011, 11:18 PM
Verno you are shameless :)

Welcome to the board Reflector. Feeling the love for Soundwave tonight, he is also one of my favourites and all his minions.
Are you primarily a G1 fan or do you have others as well? I'm in an Animated craze at the moment.

Fonecrusher
8th June 2011, 10:01 AM
Welcome Reflector! Great name btw, Reflector is one of my favourite Decepticons lol.
I actually went up to Lithgow a couple of times for soccer, seems like a nice place. :) Enjoy your time here!

1AZRAEL1
8th June 2011, 10:19 AM
G'day and welcome mate.

Great to see that yet another person loves Soundwave :D

Lithgow, must be friggin freezing up there now, I know coz it is friggin freezing for me, and I only live in Penrith lol :p

You a fan of the new movies?

Verno
8th June 2011, 01:03 PM
Verno you are shameless :)

Guilty ;)

Reflector
8th June 2011, 04:55 PM
ok wow thanks for the welcome didnt expect so many replies, ill have a crack at some of the questions...

Goktimusprime - Im down with Spectro myself, a very solid figure. His shot to the chest in your pic looks like it hurt lol, took his knees out anyway ;)

Hursticon - Lithgow is a nice little town thanks mate :) im familiar with little hartley its a beautiful old place with lots of history in this area. Give me a couple of weeks for the collection pics. To my disgust my toys have been given a low priority rating by my girlfriend for the move, but ill get them asap.

Verno - ill keep you in mind when i get to BW, however i cant see my G1 collection ever being complete enough to move on :( i really enjoyed the TF animated series its a shame its not around anymore.

LordCyrusOmega - Primarily G1 at the moment anyway, i am however starting to regret not getting some of the more recent figures over the years. I can now see myself buying them all at much higher prices.

1AZREAL1 - Lithgow is rediculously cold at the moment. Im not a huge fan of crazy heat though so im not complaining (yet). Id imagine Penrith is a bit warmer but probably not much. Gotta admit im not a fan of the new movies, i think the Transformers themselves are way overdone, and the story is also a bit iffy, the first one was bearable. the second one wasnt... i am a bit old school though so im sure not everyone will agree with me on that one

Thanks to everyone again ill be floating around these forums a lot

1AZRAEL1
9th June 2011, 10:21 AM
1AZREAL1 - Lithgow is rediculously cold at the moment. Im not a huge fan of crazy heat though so im not complaining (yet). Id imagine Penrith is a bit warmer but probably not much. Gotta admit im not a fan of the new movies, i think the Transformers themselves are way overdone, and the story is also a bit iffy, the first one was bearable. the second one wasnt... i am a bit old school though so im sure not everyone will agree with me on that one

Been freezing all week down here, so up your way I know it has to be worse.

Yea the new movies aren't everyone's cup of tea, but enjoyable enough I thought. I too am an old school fan as well, been buying mostly G1 as well, but I too have a long way to go to complete it. Look forward to seeing what pictures you take when you can get around to setting them up. Very tedious to do it after you move ay? :p

1orion2many
9th June 2011, 11:48 PM
:)Welcome to the funny farm:D

Autocon
10th June 2011, 02:24 AM
yes....go the beef waygu:cool:

Vector Prime
10th June 2011, 10:02 AM
http://i954.photobucket.com/albums/ae21/phuynh1979/CG-VectorPrime.jpg

janda the red
10th June 2011, 12:46 PM
welcome aboard jordan....

i love how your already laying the foundations with your girl for spending way too much on toys! awesome... lol

hope ya have fun around here

janda :)

theheretic
10th June 2011, 03:05 PM
Welcome mate! Your doing well to get your GF on board with the AFA graded figures. I think my wife would bury me in the backyard if I tried buying those, haha.

You've got great taste, Soundwave and Perceptor are someone my favourites with the inclusion of Blaster and Blitzwing.

I can't wait to see your collection

Reflector
10th June 2011, 03:41 PM
welcome aboard jordan....

i love how your already laying the foundations with your girl for spending way too much on toys! awesome... lol

hope ya have fun around here

janda :)
haha yeah its all a matter of how you go about things that opens doors ;)

Prowl
10th June 2011, 06:59 PM
Welcome to the board.

Good luck with the AFA stuff. My missus said I was out of control & I only got her to pick up one package from the PO today. How little she knows ;) since I have another 10 or so coming from members on here alone.

Reflector
10th June 2011, 10:49 PM
Welcome to the board.

Good luck with the AFA stuff. My missus said I was out of control & I only got her to pick up one package from the PO today. How little she knows ;) since I have another 10 or so coming from members on here alone.
haha out of control! best not mention the incoming packages, nothing beats a nice surprise ;)

1AZRAEL1
10th June 2011, 10:53 PM
haha out of control! best not mention the incoming packages, nothing beats a nice surprise ;)

I did that, got me in even more trouble not telling her haha. There was a time i was getting a package every day. Kinda ground to a halt now :p

Reflector
11th June 2011, 01:48 AM
i was like that a few years ago things were coming in that i had no idea id even purchased. Im kinda hoping that starts to happen again now.

Being new to the forums i should probably ask this now, is this forum a good place to look to buy good quality G1's or is ebay better? Ive only ever really looked on ebay because i have no idea where else to get them.

1AZRAEL1
13th June 2011, 03:55 PM
Being new to the forums i should probably ask this now, is this forum a good place to look to buy good quality G1's or is ebay better? Ive only ever really looked on ebay because i have no idea where else to get them.

You can buy quite a number of G1 toys on here, you just have to be quick sometimes to get them. Alot of the more desirable pieces get sold pretty quick. Most, if not all, people who sell on here are good people to deal with as well.

Deceptic_Optic
5th July 2011, 02:15 AM
http://i831.photobucket.com/albums/zz231/Deceptic_Optics_2010/08add66a.jpg