PDA

View Full Version : Indiana Jones Toys sightings

Paulbot
8th May 2008, 01:52 PM
Target stores have started to stock the Indiana Jones toys.

The regular action figures are $15 which is very pricey compared to the size and play value of a same priced Basic/Scout Transformer.

The Lego has also appeared in Target and K-Mart.

So far in the action figures only the first wave of toys has appeared. I've got an eye out for the jacket-less Shia LeBouef figure from a later wave (so I can have a Sam Witwicky toy :D ).

MV75
8th May 2008, 03:58 PM
The lego has been around at every toy store for the last month or so. ;) It's pretty cool.
________
OREGON DISPENSARY (http://oregon.dispensaries.org/)

NEMESIS PRIME
8th May 2008, 04:13 PM
The lego has been around at every toy store for the last month or so. ;) It's pretty cool.

I thought it was like 2 months ago....... i already have the 2 Indy Lego sets i want :)

MV75
8th May 2008, 04:30 PM
It probably was. :) I noticed a few newer ones lately though in the last few weeks. :) The bike one and the whole "temple scene" look cool.
________
Toyota sv-3 specifications (http://www.toyota-wiki.com/wiki/Toyota_SV-3)

Robzy
8th May 2008, 04:44 PM
Yeah, I saw these yesterday. I like them, but I wish the Indy figure looked more like Harrison Ford (like the VOTC Han Solo did). But I'll probably pick up one or two when they're on sale!

(After seeing Iron Man the other day - I really loved it - I'm thinking of picking up a few of those figs too! My TF collecting may suffer a little)

:)

Pulse
8th May 2008, 05:41 PM
Man, This Indy promotion has gone into overdrive!

TRU Liverpool has a massive display dedicated to Indy figures, Lego, Robot Heroes as well as that sound-effects whip. :eek:

TRU Liverpool was also the first time I've seen this Indy with Horse on the shelves:

http://pics.livejournal.com/shortpacked/pic/0014xz4z/s640x480

roller
8th May 2008, 07:38 PM
i was gonna start the same thread

anyone in WA seen any Dr Jones toys? I haven't been shopping for ages

Kyle
8th May 2008, 10:19 PM
I've got an eye out for the jacket-less Shia LeBouef figure from a later wave (so I can have a Sam Witwicky toy :D ).

Didn't think of that! :p

I saw the figures at Target this morning when I went to buy Wii Fit.

Only toy I'd get (and I have bought) is the Lego Motorcycle Chase. It's lovely.

kup
9th May 2008, 07:42 PM
The early reviews have begun for the movie and they are not positive. I can't say that I am surprised.

The criticisms are that its very formulaic, has way over the top cartoony action and filled with so much CGI that its almost like the Star Wars prequels all over again. Basically your typical 21st Century Hollywood movie more motivated by marketing trends than telling a good story.

There is also something else that fully rubbed me the wrong way...I was going to post but I edited out, its too much of a spoiler even if its horrible.

Robzy
9th May 2008, 09:49 PM
The early reviews have begun for the movie and they are not positive. I can't say that I am surprised.
Damn! :(

roller
9th May 2008, 10:54 PM
you sure Kup? I thought the rule about Dr Jones films was that they wanted to keep it real, with no cgi etc, all stuntmen

Anyway, if anyone buys a Dr Jones and Shia LaBouef figures could you please review em, or can anyone suggest which figures i should look for, like most movie acccurate and for Labouef more tf movie accurate

ta

kup
9th May 2008, 11:40 PM
you sure Kup? I thought the rule about Dr Jones films was that they wanted to keep it real, with no cgi etc, all stuntmen

Anyway, if anyone buys a Dr Jones and Shia LaBouef figures could you please review em, or can anyone suggest which figures i should look for, like most movie acccurate and for Labouef more tf movie accurate

ta

That's what the review said. We also have to keep in mind that Loco Lucas also has a heavy hand in it and we all know how he is when it comes to CGI.

Paulbot
9th May 2008, 11:47 PM
We saw the figures at the Melbourne Toy Fair. The jacket-less one looks more like Sam, and both are very good likeness to Shia (more so than the Harrison Ford likeness). This size of action figure should also match well with the AllSpark Cube sold with the Japanese toys.

The jacket-less one is in the back of this picture Griffin took (click to enlarge it)

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2137/2477635331_691ef86c60.jpg (http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2137/2477635331_691ef86c60_b.jpg)

Pulse
9th May 2008, 11:53 PM
Couldn't they have given Shia's character a better name than "Mutt Williams"? :rolleyes:

kup
10th May 2008, 12:13 AM
Couldn't they have given Shia's character a better name than "Mutt Williams"? :rolleyes:

I am pretty sure that Lucas came up with that one :rolleyes:

roller
10th May 2008, 12:14 AM
still better then Jar Jar

Kyle
10th May 2008, 01:25 AM
We also have to keep in mind that Loco Lucas also has a heavy hand in it

I'm in tears now... :(

Robzy
10th May 2008, 11:34 AM
Yeah, that's what I thought too... I think I even remember Sir Steven saying something along those lines when he announced the new film...:confused:

roller
10th May 2008, 12:05 PM
maybe he thought "hehehehe i can give myself a bigger paycheck if i make it all CGI and include some stormtroopers over here and another rolling rock"

MV75
16th May 2008, 04:49 PM
I saw some more of the lego today. They had specific sets from the new movie, (they have the new movie name on the bottom of the box while the lego scenes from the orginal 3 movies don't), and yea, one of them was some sort of nazi looking tank that had speed racer type big saw blades on the front. Er yea, if that's an indication of the movie......... :p

And they also had what looked pretty cool, it was a camping scene with a tent, spiders, fire, indy with whip, and yea, pretty cool looking little set. I'm sure there was something else too, I just can't recall right now.
________
BUY CANNABIS SEEDS (http://marijuanaseeds.org/)

Robzy
16th May 2008, 06:23 PM
I grabbed the new Indiana Jones fig from 'Raiders of the Lost Ark' (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?p=22783#post22783)

I think I'll be getting a few more too... but I'll be "selective" ;)

kup
16th May 2008, 07:03 PM
maybe he thought "hehehehe i can give myself a bigger paycheck if i make it all CGI and include some stormtroopers over here and another rolling rock"

From what I heard, you are not far off. I hope these early reviews are wrong as it sounds too predictable and formulaic, even for 21st Century Hollywood.

Paulbot
16th May 2008, 09:33 PM
From what I heard, you are not far off. I hope these early reviews are wrong as it sounds too predictable and formulaic, even for 21st Century Hollywood.
But aren't the Indiana Jones films supposed to be predictable and forumalic like 1940s films (or at least an older era)? I thought that was part of their appeal was that they had a Saturday matinee style?? I've never actually watched any of the films completely.

kup
16th May 2008, 10:13 PM
But aren't the Indiana Jones films supposed to be predictable and forumalic like 1940s films (or at least an older era)? I thought that was part of their appeal was that they had a Saturday matinee style?? I've never actually watched any of the films completely.

Its not Indiana Jones formulaic its Hollywood Formulaic. As in over done CGI, plot twists that don't make sense, bad and obvious rehashes, suspension of believe braking direction and action, etc. But most of all, no heart but commercial.

Again this is second hand information as I got it from a brief 'reaction' review bad it doesn't sound good but my hope is that its wrong (although something tells me its right).

Robzy
16th May 2008, 10:25 PM
Paulbot - if you only ever watch one, you HAVE to watch Raiders of the Lost Ark!

I like this one because it's basically a series of cliffhangers! The others were too, but Raiders did it best! :)

Pulse
16th May 2008, 11:30 PM
Paulbot - if you only ever watch one, you HAVE to watch Raiders of the Lost Ark!

I like this one because it's basically a series of cliffhangers! The others were too, but Raiders did it best! :)

I'm ashamed to admit that I haven't watched any of the 3 Indy movies from start to finish :(

On this Indy talk, have any of you guys watched this (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Young_Indiana_Jones_Chronicles)?

roller
17th May 2008, 12:15 AM
i have, channel 10 showed young indiana jones ages ago

i think i saw the dvd boxset recently

kup
17th May 2008, 01:50 AM
I have seen Young Indiana Jones on TV years ago. I didn't like it that much and the tone and style was radically different from the movies to the point that it felt like something else entirely.

Robzy
17th May 2008, 03:12 PM
I never really got into the TV show either!

iceburn
17th May 2008, 03:18 PM
the last crusade was on TV on wed (this week)...and tonight, there will be Air Force One..

in terms of figurines, why isn't or can't hasbro produce any figures of the Transformers movie???

Robzy
17th May 2008, 03:24 PM
I asked the same question when the movie came out! :(

I guess it sucks to be in a TF movie... you don't get a figure made of your character! :p

Still, as others have said, there's always the Indy "Mutt" figure to use as Sam! :) ... Or do you just want to play with a Megan Fox figure? ;)

iceburn
17th May 2008, 03:36 PM
the latter of course *ahahhaa*
or even with the army guys...

Pulse
17th May 2008, 03:36 PM
There most definitely should have been Sam & Mikaela figures (so that we could make a diorama of the last scene in the movie :D)

Paulbot
17th May 2008, 05:36 PM
Mutt will work.

But the toys (other than Lego) seem to only be in Target stores? I haven't seem them at Big W, Myer or K-Mart yet, and the movie starts this week, whereas there's Speed Racer toys appearing more often despite the movie being a while off. Seems like Target have got a head start on this franchise (and the new Hulk movie too)

iceburn
17th May 2008, 06:06 PM
but Mutt is in the "indiana" outfit... abit disappointing if we were to get him that way. was this question ever raised to Hasbro Australia when you guys were at the Toy fair???

Paulbot
17th May 2008, 06:19 PM
The Mutt toy without the leather jacket, just a grey tshirt and jeans, can pass as Sam.

Maybe one of the 'accessory' companies will knock up a Sam Witwicky jacket to go on the figure :P

iceburn
18th May 2008, 12:20 AM
has that figure been spotted as yet???

NEMESIS PRIME
18th May 2008, 07:45 AM
LOL. Yea that new lego "tank" is the Jungle Cutter
And i've seen the IJ lego sets at Mr.Toys Toy World like weeks ago
Here are the set pics (i knew about them AGES ago ;) )

http://brickset.com/detail.aspx?Set=7626-1

http://brickset.com/search.aspx?Theme=Indiana%20Jones

I realy like this set (probable buy 2 mainly for cool pieces)
(I think its like $20 or something)
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c289/Shawdowtrooper17/7624-1.jpg

roller
18th May 2008, 12:36 PM
no sam/mutt figures found yesterday in WA, yep i said my location

Pulse
18th May 2008, 02:01 PM
has that figure been spotted as yet???

Not yet I'm afraid :(

Paulbot
18th May 2008, 08:53 PM
So far only the first wave / "Raiders of the Lost Ark" figures have been seen (at Toys R Us and Target). With the movie out this week I hope the other waves flow on quickly.

jaydisc
22nd May 2008, 11:57 AM
Big W has the less Deluxe Deluxes on sale for $11.44 each (usually $14.74)

http://lasoo.com.au/portal/offerdetails/indiana_jones_action_figures/1185926419777?CatalogueID=1185926183594&source=catalogueoffer

Kyle
24th May 2008, 11:23 PM
Watched the new movie last night. The Last Crusade is far superior and still remains my favourite.

roller
26th May 2008, 12:32 AM
Any WA peoples see the Mutt/Sam toy yet?

Paulbot
26th May 2008, 09:01 AM
I've only found "Crystal Skull" toys at Toy Kingdom. The usual shops still only have "Raiders" toys.

Paulbot
26th May 2008, 05:17 PM
Also from Robzy:

Today at TRU and Toyworld Rundle Mall, I spotted heaps of "Mutt" Williams figures from the new Indiana Jones line!

Now, while it's not strictly a TF figure, I thought I'd post this here because some people have indicated that they want to use this figure to display as Sam from the TF movie! :)

Pulse
27th May 2008, 01:52 PM
Spotted "Crystal Skull" wave of figures in Uncle Pete's Castle Towers today.

I gave the T-shirted Mutt Williams a look over & put him back on the shelf. :)