PDA

View Full Version : Toys'R'Us 20% Off Coupon ( 11-13 June )

Tober
10th June 2011, 05:47 PM
Toys'R'Us are offering a 20% discount coupon for this long weekend.

You can view and print it here (http://view.ed4.net/v/AMT65VX/IQRM/HYVVDHV/9ZSFE/??utm_source=eDM&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=[Wk20_1306_ODTW]).

I can't see anything about state or store restrictions. There are restrictions for electronics etc.

Mr Ed
10th June 2011, 07:23 PM
Isnt some DOTM stuff on sale now at TRU?

Do we get another 20% off or is this on RRP

I am going to buy the 4 pack of Legends - Cybertronian ....

$24 is nice!

christalcase
11th June 2011, 02:32 PM
Isnt some DOTM stuff on sale now at TRU?

Do we get another 20% off or is this on RRP

nope, the coupon the doesn't work (I tried), since they're on sale in the system and when the coupon is scanned at the register, it rejects it

Tober
11th June 2011, 05:04 PM
States quite clearly that the discount isn't available in conjunction with any other offer.

Some of their Transformers line are already on special, some isn't. So the coupon is for if you want the latter.

Fungal Infection
12th June 2011, 01:25 AM
The coupon is a crock - you cannot use it on any items featured in their current catalogue even if there are no special prices applied to it. For example, I tried to get some of the smaller cyberverse playsets (shown in their catalogue at $29.99 - full regular retail) but the system rejects the coupon because the item is considered an "offer" in their catalogue and according to the terms of the coupon, it cannot be used in conjunction with any other "offer". I could have argued it, but I really was in no mood to do so as I was running late anyway.

Mr Ed
13th June 2011, 09:20 AM
So if I want that 4 pack Legends Cybertron pack at RRP of $30 I cant get the discount? :mad:

Mr Ed
13th June 2011, 09:21 AM
The coupon is a crock - you cannot use it on any items featured in their current catalogue even if there are no special prices applied to it. For example, I tried to get some of the smaller cyberverse playsets (shown in their catalogue at $29.99 - full regular retail) but the system rejects the coupon because the item is considered an "offer" in their catalogue and according to the terms of the coupon, it cannot be used in conjunction with any other "offer". I could have argued it, but I really was in no mood to do so as I was running late anyway.

Just got to Big W or Kmart and pay $23.70, 40 cents cheaper and its their RRP.

Fungal Infection
13th June 2011, 11:40 AM
Just got to Big W or Kmart and pay $23.70, 40 cents cheaper and its their RRP.

Yeah, but Big W doesn't have Megatron or Optimus in stock yet. Doesn't matter, got them earlier this morning using an older Big W catalogue which advertised them with "EVERYDAY LOW PRICE".

Fungal Infection
13th June 2011, 11:45 AM
So if I want that 4 pack Legends Cybertron pack at RRP of $30 I cant get the discount? :mad:

You can certainly try - when I got to the registers, the girl was puzzled as to why the duiscount didn't apply and was going to manually override it, but then contacted another operator who also told her to manually override it. Then her supervisor walked by, checked the item on the system to see if it was full priced, then checked the catalogue to see if it was advertised. After confirming it was in the catalogue, she told the regi op that it "couldn't be used inconjunction with any other offer" as stipulated on the coupon. :rolleyes:

Mr Ed
13th June 2011, 11:48 AM
Yeah, but Big W doesn't have Megatron or Optimus in stock yet. Doesn't matter, got them earlier this morning using an older Big W catalogue which advertised them with "EVERYDAY LOW PRICE".

When I got my price match from TRU the chickie didnt care what Waves they were, she just asked Big W for their price.

I want to buy the Cybertron 4 pack so I will go to TRU today and see if they will 20% off it and try and make a point?

Mr Ed
13th June 2011, 05:00 PM
You can certainly try - when I got to the registers, the girl was puzzled as to why the duiscount didn't apply and was going to manually override it, but then contacted another operator who also told her to manually override it. Then her supervisor walked by, checked the item on the system to see if it was full priced, then checked the catalogue to see if it was advertised. After confirming it was in the catalogue, she told the regi op that it "couldn't be used inconjunction with any other offer" as stipulated on the coupon. :rolleyes:

When she scanned the coupon it didnt work. I said this is a full priced item. She checked catalogue and then did a manual override.

Got my $6 discount :)

Fungal Infection
13th June 2011, 06:03 PM
When she scanned the coupon it didnt work. I said this is a full priced item. She checked catalogue and then did a manual override.

Got my $6 discount :)

Well, glad it worked for someone. I still got my discount in the end even if I had to do it the hard way.

Mr Ed
14th June 2011, 08:26 AM
Good to see everything worked out.

I think it is strange to exclude full priced items in the catalogue unless they think they will sell out!

The word 'Offer' can be construed as anything. Heck a wide interpretation of 'Offer' can also mean TRU the offering to sell their stock in the shop

griffin
14th June 2011, 09:39 AM
It's probably just a computer thing, in which everything in the current catalogue is automatically excluded in case it is a sale price.
It could also be like a Movie 'no free list', in which TRU didn't want to discount all of the DotM toys at this time (or any other new, non-discount item being promoted in the current catalogue).