PDA

View Full Version : JP Jetwing Optimus toy now out in AUS

griffin
11th June 2011, 06:00 PM
Another world first for us here in Australia it seems.

The winged toy version of Optimus Prime (http://bbs.actoys.net/read.php?tid-639173.html) that appears to be most movie accurate in TF3 is not expected to be released by Hasbro, so unless you live in Japan, HK or Australia, importing it would be the only way to get it.

So for most members here, lucky you live in Australia... because it is out here now under an exclusive arrangement between Hasbro AUS and TakaraTomy.

And even better, it appears to be out here before it was even released in Japan.

This is a regular release item in Australia, so any store chain here that wanted it, will be stocking it.

So far known:
ToysRUs $150 (unconfirmed price and not yet released)
BigW $148 (not yet released)
Myer $169 (now out)

Alexicon
12th June 2011, 01:24 AM
Wow wow wow!
I will most certainly Go on a hunt for him. The joys of living in this great land :D

Paul Agnew
12th June 2011, 09:31 AM
And so there was much rejoycing from the fandom. Their bank accounts? Not so much.

Nevertheless, this is excellent news. Thanks for the heads-up Griffin.

SkyWarp91
13th June 2011, 04:49 PM
has anyone reviewed this figure yet? It could be a WORLD-premiere on Youtube!

STL
13th June 2011, 04:57 PM
has anyone reviewed this figure yet? It could be a WORLD-premiere on Youtube!

I've just picked it up.

Going to review it tonight but doubt I'll do YouTube. Set up of account and all plus all I would use would be my ipad to record which isn't that great..

ITZTRU
13th June 2011, 05:05 PM
I've just picked it up.

Going to review it tonight but doubt I'll do YouTube. Set up of account and all plus all I would use would be my ipad to record which isn't that great..

Where'd u get it from? Many left?

SkyWarp91
13th June 2011, 05:41 PM
I've just picked it up.

can't wait for your review then. I do want the figure too because it looks badass but want to see what else they've done to the mold...

KaRNiV8L PRiME
13th June 2011, 05:51 PM
I will wait the week or 2 for Big W to get it for only $148 minus staff discount

DELTAprime
13th June 2011, 05:57 PM
Any idea when Big W is supposed to have it on shelves?

KaRNiV8L PRiME
13th June 2011, 06:01 PM
Any idea when Big W is supposed to have it on shelves?

Not exactly. It has a status of NLT (No later than) 26/6. This leads me to think it will be in the Toy Brochure. This date is never spot on though

DELTAprime
13th June 2011, 06:47 PM
Not exactly. It has a status of NLT (No later than) 26/6. This leads me to think it will be in the Toy Brochure. This date is never spot on though

Hope that means they will be on the shelf before the toy sale. I seriously doubt Takara will have supplied Big W with very many of them. There never seem to have Takara TFs in large numbers when Australian stores get a hold of them.

GoktimusPrime
13th June 2011, 08:02 PM
Hopefully I can find this at Big W... don't want to pay too much for this if the core robot is a redeco/retool of RotF Leader Prime which I already have (-_-)

FFN
13th June 2011, 10:15 PM
Can somebody take photos if they see them? Because currently, to the outside world the only proof is our word (which is not as exciting as photos :p)

Fonecrusher
13th June 2011, 11:23 PM
Well it looks like being an Aussie does have it's perks every once and awhile, do want this! :D

GoktimusPrime
13th June 2011, 11:27 PM
Jetwing Prime at Myer. Photo by JuzMel.
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers/jetwingprime.jpg

STL
14th June 2011, 12:21 AM
Where'd u get it from? Many left?

Myer Southland. There were 4 left. I wouldn't worry. At that price tag, most fans won't be able to grab them quickly.

Big W will be $20 cheaper though if you're nice, Myer will match after the fact too.

Edit: since there's international interest, pics and review here (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showpost.php?p=247716&postcount=1).

FFN
14th June 2011, 05:51 AM
Thanks for the pics and info guys :)

jaydisc
14th June 2011, 11:30 AM
My girl at Myer says it'll be part of the catalog which starts on the 23rd.

gekisou
14th June 2011, 12:20 PM
Sorry, silly question but is the core Prime just the RoTF Leader Prime?

Doubledealer
14th June 2011, 12:42 PM
Sorry, silly question but is the core Prime just the RoTF Leader Prime?

I could be wrong but it looks like the RotF Leader Prime with some minor retooling (new abs, missing blades). Damn those gatling guns are sooo badass :D

Hursticon
14th June 2011, 03:23 PM
I could be wrong but it looks like the RotF Leader Prime with some minor retooling (new abs, missing blades). Damn those gatling guns are sooo badass :D

Everything I've read leads me to believe you are spot-on there dude - I agree though, Dual-Wielded Chainguns = Pure Awesomesauce! :eek::cool:
(A distinct reminder of Wolfenstein 3D's 3rd Episode End Boss comes to mind! :D)

STL
14th June 2011, 03:31 PM

Yup plus a few mechtech ports on forearms.

And yes, those gatling guns are utter awesomeness.

1AZRAEL1
14th June 2011, 03:33 PM
(A distinct reminder of Wolfenstein 3D's 3rd Episode End Boss comes to mind! :D)

How dare you compare one of the greatest leaders to one of the most biggest evils this world has ever known :p

But yes, he does look badass with the dual miniguns. A figure I may actually pick up if it's cheap.

Hursticon
14th June 2011, 03:56 PM
How dare you compare one of the greatest leaders to one of the most biggest evils this world has ever known :p

Good & Evil are completely subjective Human Inventions, besides, have you seen Movie Prime in action? :p:D

Doubledealer
14th June 2011, 04:09 PM
Prime is going to have to be a pretty good shot to not utterly annihilate half the population while using these little pop guns. :p

mharry
22nd June 2011, 05:15 PM
He's in the BigW toy catalogue, no prices on it yet though

http://catalogues.bigw.com.au/portal/dynamiccatalogue?CatalogueID=13074927791632&pageview=two

Hursticon
22nd June 2011, 06:01 PM
He's in the BigW toy catalogue, no prices on it yet though

http://catalogues.bigw.com.au/portal/dynamiccatalogue?CatalogueID=13074927791632&pageview=two

Cheers for the heads up dude! ;):cool:

Nemesis21
11th July 2011, 07:14 PM
I got mine off Myer Robina.. apparently some stores don't showcase it as kids might damage the box.. so give them a ring if you are desperately looking for one.. I know Myer, BigW and Target Robina still have them

tron07
12th July 2011, 04:46 PM
Saw it at Target as well.... if the toy sale got 20% off, then I will get it at Target and refund the BigW one.

UltraMarginal
12th July 2011, 05:26 PM
Not convinced, I have the extra shiny rotf prime, If I could just get the jet pack and it would work on my prime, I'd be getting that, but I don't need another movie leader prime, especially for that price

Deonasis
14th July 2011, 08:32 PM
I spotted this high above the stock shelves at Mr Toys Jindalee. I didn't want them to try get it down and i didn't want to ask the price (had numb mouth from a dentist visit).

Edit: Actually I was mistaken. Just saw the proper box at Target which is not what i glimpsed at Mr Toys. Carry on..

tron07
15th July 2011, 08:44 AM
Not convinced, I have the extra shiny rotf prime, If I could just get the jet pack and it would work on my prime, I'd be getting that, but I don't need another movie leader prime, especially for that price

I have the same issue as well.... but in the end craved in cause its takara and couldnt resist the jet pack

GoktimusPrime
15th July 2011, 11:14 AM
those of you w/ Buster Prime could sell off the Jetwing Prime cab-robot... I'm sure someone will buy it. <shrugs> Did Buster Prime have the retooled torso though? The retooled torso seriously makes the toy easier to transform (it's still a pain in the bum to transform though, but it makes it marginally less painful :p)

Deonasis
15th July 2011, 11:34 AM
those of you w/ Buster Prime could sell off the Jetwing Prime cab-robot... I'm sure someone will buy it. <shrugs> Did Buster Prime have the retooled torso though? The retooled torso seriously makes the toy easier to transform (it's still a pain in the bum to transform though, but it makes it marginally less painful :p)

Also, for those peeps with both ..consider a torso swap? I'm not sure if it would work and look good though.

tron07
15th July 2011, 12:00 PM
my buster is still misb... heck even the jetfire leader is still misb, need to open it up one of these days to remove the batteries

UltraMarginal
15th July 2011, 01:37 PM
My leader prime was in the 2pack with jetfire both still mib . so i have no idea if it's a retooled torso or not. it will eventually come out just a study carrot that i haven't earned yet.

M-bot
16th July 2011, 03:31 PM
My leader prime was in the 2pack with jetfire both still mib . so i have no idea if it's a retooled torso or not. it will eventually come out just a study carrot that i haven't earned yet.

Hehe... mines waiting for a birthday in September. They start talking to you from the dark depths of the wardrobe after a while, don't they? :p

Paulbot
16th July 2011, 04:25 PM
A few questions from someone who's been away:
Did this come out at Big W? (been to two and haven't seen it)
Is the sale price at Target known?

christalcase
16th July 2011, 04:30 PM
A few questions from someone who's been away:
Did this come out at Big W? (been to two and haven't seen it)
Is the sale price at Target known?

Yes, seen at Big W for $148. Target's price is $149 from next Thursday

Paulbot
16th July 2011, 06:49 PM
Cool. Might not bother running around Big W stores then and just wait for Target's sale.

Fungal Infection
16th July 2011, 09:44 PM
If you've subscribed to TRU's email notifications, then you'll have received a voucher which entitles you to 20% off every full priced item this weekend. This brings Jetwing Prime down to $136, a very good saving methinks.

UltraMarginal
16th July 2011, 09:57 PM
Hehe... mines waiting for a birthday in September. They start talking to you from the dark depths of the wardrobe after a while, don't they? :p

it's a veritable chorus of voices coming from there at the moment.:eek:

griffin
16th July 2011, 10:33 PM
If you've subscribed to TRU's email notifications, then you'll have received a voucher which entitles you to 20% off every full priced item this weekend. This brings Jetwing Prime down to $136, a very good saving methinks.

If only it was released in TRU already. (unless someone has found it at TRU?)

Fungal Infection
16th July 2011, 10:39 PM
If only it was released in TRU already. (unless someone has found it at TRU?)

Several TRUs in Sydney have it already. Got one today actually with the voucher.

griffin
17th July 2011, 02:12 AM
I haven't seen any sightings posted of it being at TRU - only BigW, Target & Myer. Until someone reports a first sighting (a new toy, or a new store), I'm not able to tell others about it through this site, or even our twitter feed.

k.wong23
17th July 2011, 10:44 AM
Neither have I come across any Jetwing Primes at TRU in Melbourne either :S

uteiki
17th July 2011, 11:15 AM
There were 3 at chadstone TRU yesterday :)

k.wong23
17th July 2011, 02:22 PM
can anyone post a link to the coupon?

Paulbot
17th July 2011, 03:09 PM
can anyone post a link to the coupon?

Link (http://link.toysrus.com.au/r/DWGCXZY/OJJY2/9KAHG/6MB8C/WB32/KJ/h?a=http://view.ed4.net/v/DWGCXZY/QP9G/C4885PT/CIM8O/&b=%5BWk24_1407_PROMO%5D)

STL
17th July 2011, 08:41 PM
Damned! Totally missed this.

k.wong23
17th July 2011, 10:41 PM
Called up Chadstone TRU today and they had sold out. Oh well!

Either will pick it up at Target, but 15% off Myer (friend staff) appears to work out cheaper.

Nemesis21
25th July 2011, 12:05 PM
As of today there's 9 boxes left for 149 in target PAC fair and roughly the same number in target helensvale QLD

k.wong23
25th July 2011, 08:45 PM
seems they will shelf warm for a while. Will wait for a lower price.

janda the red
27th July 2011, 07:37 AM
caved and got one last night...

was gonna wait for a price drop.... but being a misb collector, now's the time to choose one with a really nice box.

janda :)

5FDP
27th July 2011, 08:52 AM
caved and got one last night...

was gonna wait for a price drop.... but being a misb collector, now's the time to choose one with a really nice box.

I was thinking the same thing yesterday when I came across a pile of them at my nearest Target. So tempting...

JuzMel
27th July 2011, 02:57 PM
I stared at the Jet Wing Primes lined up at my local Big W and Target at the recent toy sales and compared it to my Takara Buster Prime & Jetfire Two-Pack at home, the colours on Jetwing Prime just doesn't appeal to me. :o

Plus I would really like to get the Ultimate version with the trailer (even though Jetwing Prime does look better than it...) and don't want to land up with yet another prime. :rolleyes:

Target Forest Hill had about 8-10 of them lined up on the shelves last Thu.

STL
27th July 2011, 06:20 PM
It is shelfwarming and I've returned my duplicates. Will pick up later at a cheaper price I'm sure given that Myer, Big W and Target have all carried overstock.

Even Myers save $20 for every $75 you spend didn't entice me

Jetfire
27th July 2011, 10:33 PM
This thing is hideous! :eek:

tron07
28th July 2011, 04:38 PM
shelf warmer?? I think not... the whole pile about 12 of them in BigW.... all gone

griffin
28th July 2011, 08:34 PM
I think the Ultimate Optimus is gonna shelfwarm now, at least in this country. It not only has lost the peak movie buying period, but kids and parents (and many collectors) have bought the Jetwing Optimus... and won't see the need for another big expensive figure for the line, that represents the Autobot Leader in the movie.

janda the red
28th July 2011, 09:06 PM
shelf warmer?? I think not... the whole pile about 12 of them in BigW.... all gone

when i got mine tuesday, the lady at my local Big W was taking all the stock and putting it out the back.
while i was choosing which one i wanted, i asked why she was putting them away? she just said that the manager had asked her to do it.
there was about a dozen of them too.

Deonasis
29th July 2011, 12:24 AM
I think the Ultimate Optimus is gonna shelfwarm now, at least in this country. It not only has lost the peak movie buying period, but kids and parents (and many collectors) have bought the Jetwing Optimus... and won't see the need for another big expensive figure for the line, that represents the Autobot Leader in the movie.

Very true. There should be some good bargains for both versions as the months go by. I cannot bring myself to buy Jetwing Prime, when I look at it I think about the black, angular look of the ROTF Prime jetpack (like on the unreleased voyager) and I wish for that.

Aqua Prime
29th July 2011, 01:17 AM

I personally won't be buying Dragonfly Prime. I only barely bought Jetwing myself. I couldn't stand the overall cheap unfinished look of him but then remembered I have "a thing" for "Powerup Primes". If he was painted up like Buster then I'd have grabbed him in a heartbeat, since I missed out (at the time saving for European holiday) on the Buster/ Jetfire 2 Pack.

I still have a ROTF Prime MISB I hadn't gotten around to opening him due to a lack of display space so Jetwing was a great comprimise. I'm glad I got him, he displays well and looks totally f'ing badass :)

k.wong23
30th July 2011, 12:47 PM
Got mine for $114 with 20% +15% staff at Myer today ! excited to open him up later :)

jena
31st July 2011, 03:22 PM
I decided to put one on Christmas layby at Target today (so my bank account didn't suffer too much) and there was still a massive pile of them.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b190/boneyards/ccc4956e.jpg

The little kid nagging his mum for one looked quite jealous when I picked up one and wandered off with it. Oh yeah :cool:

Mr Ed
31st July 2011, 10:07 PM
I decided to put one on Christmas layby at Target today (so my bank account didn't suffer too much) and there was still a massive pile of them.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b190/boneyards/ccc4956e.jpg

The little kid nagging his mum for one looked quite jealous when I picked up one and wandered off with it. Oh yeah :cool:

Haha - the little kid would have trouble transforming it and give up. Then the mum would be frustrated and give up too!!!!Modern TFs are much more difficult than G1s

TF76
31st July 2011, 10:18 PM
For me I like it but the price is pretty high even on sale. I got the normal rotf leader prime and it isn't different enough to buy again. Granted it is a huge jet pack but still hard to justify at the price.

Maybe at 120ish but not anymore, I'm glad we are getting stuff like that here.

jena
1st August 2011, 07:08 AM
Haha - the little kid would have trouble transforming it and give up. Then the mum would be frustrated and give up too!!!!Modern TFs are much more difficult than G1s

No kidding! I can't even get my voyager Ironhide all the way into vehicle mode, I get 90% done and then it all goes pearshaped and I give up.

tron07
8th September 2011, 08:44 PM
should I grab a Ultimate prime now at $89?

Mr Ed
8th September 2011, 08:46 PM
should I grab a Ultimate prime now at $89?

$85 AT kMART

kaiden
8th September 2011, 09:05 PM
so how much is jetwing prime during the target sale?

Mr Ed
8th September 2011, 09:43 PM
Jetwing is priced at $169 RRP, so after deducting 20% off, I assume it will be $135.20

tron07
16th September 2011, 03:30 PM
$85 AT kMART

I got it for $89 at Kmart, time to do a refund to get back $10 due to the sales.

Alpha Supreme
8th December 2011, 06:44 PM
Anyone notice the differences between the Japanese release and the Australian release? Was watching some youtube videos and they Japanese one comes with a coin... also noticed it doesn't have the autobot insignia on the left grey panel above the windscreen???