PDA

View Full Version : Don't ya hate having to choose interesting gifts for family members?

Pulse
9th May 2008, 07:25 PM
For me, it seems to be only family members that I can't pick the right gifts for, & it happens everytime it's one of their Birthday's/Christmas/Mother's-Father's Day. :(

Everyone knows what day it is in 2 days time & I always think to myself "What can I get her that she'll really enjoy & that's different from the last gift I got her?" and I draw a blank :confused:. As Mum's a big fan of Dr Lewinn's Skincare products, I'll probably get her a 3 pack or something. A couple of years ago, I used to get her gift vouchers at Beauty Treatment Clinics but I needed to get her something different.

I'm sure it's not just me who's always scratching their head over this time of the year :D

roller
9th May 2008, 07:30 PM
being the youngest i dont buy my parents or sister gifts

mothers day is just another excuse made up courtesy of the greeting card companies to relieve you of your money

Sam
9th May 2008, 08:48 PM
My folks don't really care about gifts, so I usually just pay for their dinner. Works for me. :)

1orion2many
9th May 2008, 09:11 PM
being the youngest i dont buy my parents or sister gifts

mothers day is just another excuse made up courtesy of the greeting card companies to relieve you of your money

:eek:Your poor Mother putting all that effort into bringing you into this world and your to tight to buy her a present, Hang your head in shame young Roller:o:p:D.

Tetsuwan Convoy
9th May 2008, 10:05 PM

Well said there young roller! Hold your head up high:p

Along with Fathers day and Valentines day

roller
9th May 2008, 10:51 PM
:eek:Your poor Mother putting all that effort into bringing you into this world and your to tight to buy her a present, Hang your head in shame young Roller:o:p:D.

Hey i show my appreciation! I eat all the meals she cooks for me:D Then i let her do the washing up, if anything im too generous:D

1orion2many
9th May 2008, 11:57 PM
:eek:May you all have horrible children like you:p:D.

Pulse
10th May 2008, 02:09 PM
Thanks for your help guys :D

Well, Hopefully she'll appreciate these (& they're guaranteed to be used :))

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn204/Pulse_Warrior/Random/DrLewinns.jpg

Hey i show my appreciation! I eat all the meals she cooks for me:D Then i let her do the washing up, if anything im too generous:D

How nice of you Roller! :D

Tetsuwan Convoy
11th May 2008, 09:03 PM
Thanks for your help guys :D

ROFL! Yeh, we are a bunch of helpful friends hey?:p:D

iceburn
11th May 2008, 10:23 PM
i order a bunch of flowers (white roses and purple carnations) for my mum in Singapore :P

she was pretty surprised when she returned home from church in the afternoon today

roller
11th May 2008, 10:50 PM
if my mum was in singapore and i was the kind of person to go along with 'mothers day' then i woulda got Gurmit singh or Tan ah teck/Joesph Lim to do some manner of comedic sketch

or you could have tea with honourable Lee Kwon yiew

iceburn
11th May 2008, 10:53 PM
if my mum was in singapore and i was the kind of person to go along with 'mothers day' then i woulda got Gurmit singh or Tan ah teck/Joesph Lim to do some manner of comedic sketch

or you could have tea with honourable Lee Kwon yiew

hahahaha, wish i could have tea with the Lee :)

roller
11th May 2008, 10:59 PM
i have his address, you just gotta be careful about the security guards-those guys shoot on sight

Ask your mum to send over some 'Under one roof' dvds and 'Durian King' dvds
man that show rocked

I used to pick fights in Gey lan and then spent the rest of the day in Lt. Price's cells only to have to bail myself out and eventually ending up in the Raffles hotel, room no.236

Kyle
11th May 2008, 11:02 PM
Chuck Norris does not celebrate Mother's Day...