PDA

View Full Version : Just wanted to say Hi

Aqua Prime
14th June 2011, 01:08 AM
I have no idea what's taken me so long to register here, but I've finally done it. I'm not sure what to say in my intro, so I'll try not to ramble on and I'll try not to bore you all.

I'm Chris from Perth, I've been around a few of the forums, if there's any former Damn Toys forum members you might remember me as sajica. I've been collecting TF's since around 2002-2003. I've been on again, off again since then. It gets time consuming and expensive and the last few years I've just been collecting/ buying the figures I really like (Classics, Classics 2.0, Generations)

I'm not sure how many bots I have in my collection, but they're currently going through "The Great Purge of 2011" in anticipation for the Nexus collectors fair. I have this crazy idea in my head that I have too many bots, this is made worse by the fact I have more in boxes then I have out on display.
Well I look forward to meeting you all and having fun on the forum and talking TF's especially as the anticipation rises for the next movie.

kristofferrer
14th June 2011, 06:11 AM
hey mate,
don't worry it took me a while before i introduced myself as well. Good to see you jumped into the board.

I have this crazy idea in my head that I have too many bots ...

...Well I look forward to meeting you all and having fun on the forum and talking TF's especially as the anticipation rises for the next movie.

well, you're in a forum of Transformers fans so "too much" is probably translated to "lots" ;) It does get expensive and i like that you're focusing on your the series you like. This is definitely a friendly place and if you're into the collecting biz, i recommend you look check out the following areas:

Members' Transformers Sales: help you find bargains on toys you're after.
Bumblebee the Toy Scout: help other members notify you if they find figures you're after
Megatron Meetups: maybe there's a perth meet up to watch the movie?

have fun.

LordCyrusOmega
14th June 2011, 07:48 AM
Welcome to the board.

Theres no such thing as having to many toys. It's a myth created by the media to create fear among the masses. Or am I confusing that with something else?

Anywho do you have a favourite TF line?

theheretic
14th June 2011, 08:19 AM
Hello and welcome.

Too many bots you say? We should swap collections as I don't seem to have enough. LOL.

Anywho do you have a favourite TF line? And to expand on that, do you have a favourite(s) figure from that line? And who is your favourite character(s)?

Verno
14th June 2011, 08:22 AM
Another Chris? Common as mud :p

Welcome aboard!

Aqua Prime
14th June 2011, 10:46 AM
Anywho do you have a favourite TF line?

VERY tough call. In a word no... I have favourite lines but no clear and single favourite. I'm such a fence sitter. I'm torn between
Classics, Classics 2.0, Generations/Reveal the Shield
Alternators/ Binaltech
Masterpiece

Hello and welcome.

Too many bots you say? We should swap collections as I don't seem to have enough. LOL.

And to expand on that, do you have a favourite(s) figure from that line? And who is your favourite character(s)?

Sure we can swap collections, I'll take your good stuff and you can have my crap :p

Favourite figures or figures from the above lines...... Well
Classics, Classics 2.0, Generations/Reveal the Shield. Does HotRod with the upgraded armour count? Silverstreak and Prowl
Alternators Wheeljack and Shockwave
Masterpiece, I love Prime, Grimlock and Starscream/ Ghost Starscream

I have a few extreme favourites... one is RID Prime, Big Convoy and Burning Beast Convoy, I also have a clear Beast Convoy somewhere. The first 2 are my favourite Prime figures (even over Masterpiece Prime) Yes I like Robots In Disguise Prime more then Masterpiece.

Another Chris? Common as mud :p

Welcome aboard!

Yep we're common as heck... I wouldn't expect you to remember me but I've bought a few Beasties off you ages ago,but I honestly don't remember which ones.

5FDP
14th June 2011, 11:26 AM
http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/6158/drunkprime.jpg

Verno
14th June 2011, 11:41 AM
Yep we're common as heck... I wouldn't expect you to remember me but I've bought a few Beasties off you ages ago,but I honestly don't remember which ones.

Sajica... From Damn Toys... It's ringing a bell :rolleyes:

Let me know if you're ever after any more BW figures anyway ;)

Hursticon
14th June 2011, 01:24 PM
http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Webpics/6.gif

Greetings and Welcome to OZformers! :D

I agree that no one can ever have enough bots but I do share the feeling that it sucks when one isn't able to display them all. :o

I'm glad to hear that you're a Beast Wars fan, especially ranking Big Convoy as one of your faves over MP Prime - I myself have recently just picked up this figure and I've got to admit that whilst he is a bit of a Shell-former that my only real gripe with him is his whopping great cannon that tends to be a bit cumbersome. :p
(But makes up for it by being obscenely cool! :D)

I normally don't like to do this, but should you decide to purge your collection of any Japanese Beast Wars II/Neo figures or any of the Beast Wars Mutant figures? - Then I'd definitely be interested. :)

Also, we like to peruse the collections of others so if you'd like? - please consider posting some pics here (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=15). ;):cool:

GoktimusPrime
14th June 2011, 02:33 PM
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/avatars/wb_dotmmeg.jpg

I'm not sure how many bots I have in my collection, but they're currently going through "The Great Purge of 2011" in anticipation for the Nexus collectors fair. I have this crazy idea in my head that I have too many bots,
As long as your hobby is still within affordable limits (i.e. you're not living off cup noodles cos you can't afford real food ;)) then go nuts!

this is made worse by the fact I have more in boxes then I have out on display.
Yeah, I refuse to keep any of my TFs in storage. Get more shelves dude. :) (metal tool shelves from Bunnings are cheap 'n nasty. I've been using 'em for years, but I'm in the slow process of replacing them with wooden bookcases ;))

Well I look forward to meeting you all and having fun on the forum and talking TF's especially as the anticipation rises for the next movie.
15 days to gooooo!
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/avatars/gif_movie-bumblebeedance.gifhttp://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/avatars/jaam_yum.gifhttp://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/avatars/imsohappy3aq.gif

1orion2many
14th June 2011, 02:58 PM
Welcome to Ozformers, I used to buy quite a few items off Damn toys when they had a store in Perth many moons ago:D. We do have a DOTM movie meet coming up for Perth members, one is the Midnight showing at 12:01am Wednesday morning the other is a Thursday showing with a Early morning meet at about 7:30am for brekkie and the 9:30am movie. I'm one of the ones that can't make the midnight movie as I have work Wednesday day so I'm a Thursday person as I organised the day off ;):). You don't have access to PM's do you so I can give you more details.

Aqua Prime
14th June 2011, 03:32 PM
Welcome to Ozformers, I used to buy quite a few items off Damn toys when they had a store in Perth many moons ago:D. We do have a DOTM movie meet coming up for Perth members, one is the Midnight showing at 12:01am Wednesday morning the other is a Thursday showing with a Early morning meet at about 7:30am for brekkie and the 9:30am movie. I'm one of the ones that can't make the midnight movie as I have work Wednesday day so I'm a Thursday person as I organised the day off ;):). You don't have access to PM's do you so I can give you more details.

Well I've already bought my tickets for the Wednesday morning screening 12:05am Carousel, it would be crazy if that was the same time/ place for the meetup. If that's the case if there's a pre movie meet, I'm there like a flies on a pack of prawns in the sun.

Collecting TF's gets pricey and space consuming when you don't have your own place and trying to save for your own place. I definately want to put some photos up of my collection. They're living in our "spare" room but are being evicted due to relatives coming to stay over *shakes fist* Seemed like a good time for a purge (specifically TF Energon and Cybertron toys) along with MISB items I never knew I had, but that's life I guess.

Thanks for the warm welcome btw guys, I'm going to love hanging out here and contributing to the "sightings" threads :)

1AZRAEL1
14th June 2011, 03:37 PM
G'day and welcome to the boards, do indeed post pics of your collection if you get the time. Something I have been meaning to update mine for a long time :p

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/avatars/wb_dotmmeg.jpg

Haha, check out the guy looking at Megatron on the sushi train lol.

1orion2many
14th June 2011, 05:35 PM
Well I've already bought my tickets for the Wednesday morning screening 12:05am Carousel, it would be crazy if that was the same time/ place for the meetup. If that's the case if there's a pre movie meet, I'm there like a flies on a pack of prawns in the sun.

Collecting TF's gets pricey and space consuming when you don't have your own place and trying to save for your own place. I definately want to put some photos up of my collection. They're living in our "spare" room but are being evicted due to relatives coming to stay over *shakes fist* Seemed like a good time for a purge (specifically TF Energon and Cybertron toys) along with MISB items I never knew I had, but that's life I guess.

Thanks for the warm welcome btw guys, I'm going to love hanging out here and contributing to the "sightings" threads :)

Sorry to say wrong cinemas, I never go to Carousel even though they are quite close(too pricey:o). We have an insider at Galleria, that and I'm happy with my Grand card for $9.00 tickets at Grand Cinemas:D

Reflector
14th June 2011, 05:38 PM
Hi mate, welcome :)

janda the red
14th June 2011, 06:43 PM
hi aqua... welcome aboard

hope you enjoy this place as much as i do

janda :)

Prowl
14th June 2011, 07:13 PM
Welcome aboard. This is a great forum that does not seem to sit in judgement on your Transformers likes & dislikes.

jazzcomp
14th June 2011, 09:45 PM
Welcome to the board! :)

I would be interested in the stuff you are going to offload :)

Aqua Prime
15th June 2011, 12:11 AM
Thank you once again guys for the very warm welcome. I feel home here already :)

As was suggested I've posted up some pics of some of my collection here (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?p=247998#post247998)

I'm glad to hear that you're a Beast Wars fan, especially ranking Big Convoy as one of your faves over MP Prime - I myself have recently just picked up this figure and I've got to admit that whilst he is a bit of a Shell-former that my only real gripe with him is his whopping great cannon that tends to be a bit cumbersome. :p
(But makes up for it by being obscenely cool! :D)

I normally don't like to do this, but should you decide to purge your collection of any Japanese Beast Wars II/Neo figures or any of the Beast Wars Mutant figures? - Then I'd definitely be interested. :)

I love Big Convoy, regardless of the fact he's a shell former, his huge big mega canon is awesome and one of my favourite things about him as a toy, along with his transparent chest, matrix, sculpt, and all round awesomeness. Definitely a standout Prime/ Convoy for me.

I don't really have much BW or Jap BW stuff. I have the convoy's (courtesy of an auction lot I won years ago) but I think the only Jap BW fig I have that's not a Convoy or his repaints is Longrack, but I might be mistaken.

Iacon's Demise
15th June 2011, 05:49 PM
Welcome to the forums !

liegeprime
15th June 2011, 08:16 PM
Mabuhay! Welcome to the forum!!:D:D

Ultra Mackness
20th June 2011, 05:24 AM
Welcome along!:)

k.wong23
20th June 2011, 08:10 PM
welcome

Deceptic_Optic
5th July 2011, 02:08 AM
http://i831.photobucket.com/albums/zz231/Deceptic_Optics_2010/08add66a.jpg

Sam
5th July 2011, 11:41 PM
Welcome to the forum, glad you could join us. :)