PDA

View Full Version : TF Animated Ep21 - Velocity

Pulse
11th May 2008, 11:13 AM
This was so obviously a filler episode :(.

Honestly, what was the point of this episode? If that blue sportscar was supposed to be Blurr, how were you supposed to know? It seemed as though the BB Vs Blitzwing confrontation became the focus of the episode instead of the underground racing :confused:. Maybe I read it wrong... :confused:

This episode just didn't seem to be good enough (Was the symbol on the side of the satellite truck supposed to be a throwback to the Maximal Insignia?)

6 out of 10 (at best)

griffin
11th May 2008, 12:03 PM
Now you mention it, the race guy's insignia is very Maximal looking.
I probably wouldn't have though it was Blurr though, if you hadn't mentioned it. Still not familiar with the vehicle mode, but I guess enough hints were thrown in that if it was a Transformer, it would probably be Blurr. Since there is a Voice actor for Blurr, it means we will see it again before the season ends.
And it was more than just a filler episode, as it will make sense later having Blurr show up, plus, this was the episode we finally got rid of the confusion over Fanzone's car and Bumblebee (unless he gets another one exactly the same).
And even if it was just a filler episode, who cares, when you get so much screen time and dialogue from the most interesting Decepticon we've had in years. :)

kup
11th May 2008, 05:32 PM
The quality of the episodes have indeed improved. Filler or not it was still decent enough to watch unlike most episodes of the first season.

autobreadticon
11th May 2008, 07:46 PM
One of the worst episodes so far, it had a darker feel that lack flow. The slapstick comedy wasnt funny, i personally dont like it when one of them has a punch line and the brief pause goes for too long or doesn't connect to the next sequence. The characters were fun in this episode tho.

goro
12th May 2008, 10:36 AM
episode was ok... and yes that was a maximal signal on a g2 laser hero prime truck (fan wanks again.. lol)...

my only dissapointment was a lack of blurr bot.. although i did like the blurr 'antenna' they gave him in vehicle mode, which leads me to beleive the toy will have a simple transformation sequence similar to G1 blurr

Robzy
12th May 2008, 12:23 PM
This episode was obviously laying down the foundations for a future episode... with Blurr! It was just a bit frustrating that it didn't really go anywhere (reminds me of the Maggie sub-plot in the Live action Movie :rolleyes:)

Overall, not a very good episode IMO. But certainly not one of the worst!

i_amtrunks
12th May 2008, 01:23 PM
I liked the episode, but it was so obviously filler that it kinda made me think the episode was more 'meh'.

Blitzwing was enjoyable and a good pick as a stand in singular villain after Lugnutz last week, but Fanzone was my pick of the episode, and Bulkhead being the more "grown up" of the "fun bots" was amusing, and I think it suited him too. He isnt the dumb large brute stereotype anymore.

Not the best episode, but still very good considering it was only filler.

Why Blurr did not transform I have no idea.

MV75
12th May 2008, 03:41 PM
I liked speed racer blurr. :)

There's potential for him to come back later once he's enjoyed his freedom some more and gotten over it. I do wonder if he was allspark shard created too, like the device was.
________
Essential Vaaapp Vaporizer (http://essentialvaaappvaporizer.com)

Paulbot
7th June 2008, 04:23 PM
Yep go Speedracer! Is there a Blurr toy announced?

STL
13th June 2008, 09:26 AM
The quality of the episodes have indeed improved. Filler or not it was still decent enough to watch unlike most episodes of the first season.

I agree. I think it was enjoyable w/out being fantastic. The Blurr not appearing issue was probably it's biggest let down. Apart from that, I found myself enjoying it.

I liked the development w/ Bulkhead there. It gives a him a degree of grounding.

The Maximal sign seemed outta place though. I couldn't figure why it was on the bad guy's G2 truck.

SilverDragon
13th June 2008, 06:30 PM
Yep go Speedracer! Is there a Blurr toy announced?

Some UPC codes got leaked which confirmed that Blurr will be getting a Deluxe-class toy.