PDA

View Full Version : Transformers Prime S01E16 Operation Breakdown

The_Damned
20th June 2011, 06:26 PM
hope there isnt a thread for this one
so the new episode is out. very cool episode, what is everyone thoughts on it?

Bartrim
21st June 2011, 07:39 AM
Like the rest of the series I found this episode very... boring.

I just can't get into this series no matter how hard I try:(

Wheel-J
21st June 2011, 07:58 AM
Interesting to see what the Mech syndicate is up to which is the sole highlight of this ep.

SMHFConvoy
21st June 2011, 07:41 PM
where did you find it on the net? all i found was a terribly pixelated crunchy version on youtube

KillinSpoon
21st June 2011, 07:46 PM
I've been waiting for this for weeks now!
Downloading and will give thoughts when it's done :D

SMHF, I'm getting the eps from DarkPrime's encodes on TFW.
I'd post the link but I'm unsure as to whether I can.

i_amtrunks
21st June 2011, 08:04 PM
It is a shame that a show that has such a stunning visual aesthetic can be so boring to watch, and tries to pack in twist after twist after twist, all of which are predictable and trite.

I really want to like this show, and I think had it been aired before animated I would have thought it a nice change from the A/E/C stories, but it just lacks soul. There is no "fun" in this series, it looks great but has no impact in storytelling or character development.

4 more episodes this series and bar some one liners from Ratchet (who is a watered down Animated Ratchet anyway) there is nothing of this series I truly remember or think could be considered original and different from previous series.

KillinSpoon
21st June 2011, 08:24 PM
Yeah... this episode is pretty boring.
You can tell from the first minute alone that it will be. Bulkhead... I am disappoint.

It is pretty much a two minute episode, with 20 minutes of talking... :/
*Spoilers*
The decepticon rescue mission was unexpected though and I did enjoy watching Starscream talk to Breakdown in alt mode, it looked pretty funny having a hovering jet (plus, when he flew off he span around a couple of times and left a pretty sweet stream :P)

I don't really understand how Bulkhead was weakened by bullets also, he's supposed to be bulky... These things are just richocheting off him but they weaken him? What the hell.
I don't really like Mech... They seem a lot like a weaker, worse version of the Quintessons and/or the Collector from g1...

kaiden
21st June 2011, 10:43 PM
I got bored of the series after Wheeljack/Drift left.

basically i put the show on while im browsing on the internet and look over when something interesting happens.

i pretty much just watch to keep up to date with new characters as the toy designs are pretty good - megatron and arcee.

The_Damned
22nd June 2011, 08:44 PM
i thought bulkhead had lots of character development being able to rise above it and actually go and rescue breakdown and i like how starscream is slowly getting the rest of the decepticon in his pocket

Blurrprimecoolboz2008
22nd June 2011, 10:47 PM
I think the next few episodes will be interesting :)

GoktimusPrime
25th June 2011, 04:53 PM
i thought bulkhead had lots of character development being able to rise above it and actually go and rescue breakdown and i like how starscream is slowly getting the rest of the decepticon in his pocket
I generally agree, although I would be hesitant in saying his development was a "lot". But it was certainly present. :) It was interesting to also see Miko contribute as the catalyst to Bulkhead's development too. It's not too often that we see Miko do anything constructive, but it was good to see her instilling Bulkhead with a "warrior's conscience". I like how Miko helped Bulkhead to rationalise that while he hated Breakdown with a passion, he at least deserved to die a warrior's death... at Bulkhead's hands. ;)
It was kinda reminiscent of relationships between rivals that we've seen before, e.g.:
+ Cyclonus & Ultra Magnus
+ Carnivac
+ Bludgeon
+ Dinobot
...etc.
Although the difference being that Bulkhead's warrior ethics were externally motivated, whereas with those other Transformers listed above have a more intrinsic sense of warrior ethics. And it's arguable that Bulkhead's warrior ethics was fairly shallow anyway, because at the end he still gloated about how his one-upmanship over Breakdown... :o

But it was also interesting to see moral conflict in Breakdown too - particularly after the Decepticons came to the rescue and Starscream ordered Breakdown to destroy Bulkhead. Even when Breakdown chose to follow orders, he didn't do it with the same personal relish that he normally does - his line of "Tough break" indicated some level of regret in having to execute his duty.

And I know some people don't like MECH, but I do like the idea of having an organisation of humans as antagonists. My reasons include:
+ Gives the Autobots an alternate form of complication other than just Decepticons. And they're also a threat to the Decepticons too.
+ Why shouldn't humans be able to pose a threat to Transformers? The Transformers aren't Gods. While humans are physically fragile compared to Transformers, their intellect makes them capable foes, especially if they can upgrade their technology with Cybertronian tech. We've had human antagonists before in Transformers, e.g. III/RAAT, Lord Chumley, The Mechanic, Circuit Breaker, the Road Jammers, COBRA, Sector 7, The Headmaster, SUV etc. -- and IMHO as far as human antagonists go, I much prefer MECHA over _any_ of those super-lame human villains from Animated! <shudder>

Oilspill
27th June 2011, 07:19 PM
I've been trying to get into this show too, but more and more it has just been feeling like a chore to watch. I'm a fan of Adam Baldwin, but even he couldn't make this episode enjoyable for me.

And man, they have still not worked out how to write Optimus Prime. Prime's Prime has got to be one of the least interesting characters ever.

Graphics are good, animation is good (as in the movement of the characters), and the designs are pretty good. But it just lacks soul.

bassbot
28th June 2011, 03:16 PM

I agree with ya there.

Although, it is often lacking in depth or heart - but this ep got me with Bulkhead.

RageOnTheRoads
30th June 2011, 03:03 PM
What GoktimusPrime said. :D

It's nice to see little branches in the character trees, and with Starscream "employing" more cons it's going to be interesting to see how this pans out.

The build up is a little slow but I am beginning to think more and more that there is potential here.