PDA

View Full Version : Encores Soundblaster and Twincast

Hursticon
22nd June 2011, 08:22 PM
Courtesy of Kapow-Toys (http://www.fullmetalhero.com/content/transformers-encore-continues-next-release-s-set-twincast-soundblaster-1060/), via Seibertron.com (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/transformers-encore-returns-twincast-soundblaster/22069/), the next figures in the Encore line after Devastator will be Twincast and Soundblaster. :eek:

jaydisc
22nd June 2011, 08:32 PM
Followed by Dino cassettes! :D

(i'm kidding)

gamblor916
22nd June 2011, 08:40 PM
Courtesy of Kapow-Toys (http://www.fullmetalhero.com/content/transformers-encore-continues-next-release-s-set-twincast-soundblaster-1060/), via Seibertron.com (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/transformers-encore-returns-twincast-soundblaster/22069/), the next figures in the Encore line after Devastator will be Twincast and Soundblaster. :eek:

*add to shopping list*

New cassettes would be nice hmmm...

Hursticon
22nd June 2011, 08:40 PM
Followed by Dino cassettes! :D

(i'm kidding)

Man, those things would sell ridiculously well I reckon. :p

kup
22nd June 2011, 09:09 PM
Twincast?

AWESOME! I have been wanting one for ages!

valkyrie_76
22nd June 2011, 09:17 PM
Interesting.....already have original ones so I may get these and as someone else said 'would be nice if they came with some new cassettes' :D

Tetsuwan Convoy
22nd June 2011, 09:22 PM
Meh, have both... TFC Soundblaster and Ehobby Twin cast. I wonder what cassette Twin cast will come with? E Hobby one had Flip sides.

What did original TC come with?

valkyrie_76
22nd June 2011, 09:32 PM
Meh, have both... TFC Soundblaster and Ehobby Twin cast. I wonder what cassette Twin cast will come with? E Hobby one had Flip sides.

He came with Steeljaw, who was given new decals.

Robzy
22nd June 2011, 10:05 PM
Brilliant news! It's also great to see that the Encore line is continuing!

Hursticon
22nd June 2011, 10:09 PM
I'm fairly tempted to pick up Soundblaster, if he's at a good price - what did this line originally retail for if I may ask? :o

LordCyrusOmega
22nd June 2011, 10:10 PM
Thats great news! Soundblaster would look good next to Soundwave

optimus1
22nd June 2011, 10:23 PM
Great news!
Hopefully I can get an affordable Soundblaster

GoktimusPrime
22nd June 2011, 11:27 PM
More reissues of toys that have already been reissued? Gah... I was hoping that they'd reissue more toys that haven't been reissued before.

Although Twincast was a limited eHobby, so a retail reissue for him is good. And the Encore box will probably look a helluva lot nicer than eHobby Twincast's too if they fashion it after the original G1 box. :) Still not gonna get a second Twincast just for the box though. But great news for those who don't have it.

I'm fairly tempted to pick up Soundblaster, if he's at a good price - what did this line originally retail for if I may ask?
The original G1 Soundblaster (1987) retailed for 2980JPY and the TFC reissue Soundblaster (2005) retailed for 5500JPY.

Ya know, the clever thing for TOMY to do to rope in more potential buyers would be to reissue cassettes that have never been reissued before -- and yeah, especially the Japanese dino cassettes. I'd easily get a second Twincast for a reissue of them! :D

Hursticon
23rd June 2011, 12:59 AM
The original G1 Soundblaster (1987) retailed for 2980JPY and the TFC reissue Soundblaster (2005) retailed for 5500JPY.

So between $35.00 and $65.00?
That's not too bad I guess, it'd definitely be a fraction of the cost of a MISB original - That's for sure. :)

UltraMagnus
23rd June 2011, 02:07 AM
The information I heard was correct after all. It seems they will go to #25 and see how the line goes.

#21 and #22 are good choices (and easy cause they have the mould).

I am expecting some very good announcements later this year and next year for Encore.
So happy they are continuing the line.
Would be lovely to have the entire line reissued :)

Hursticon
23rd June 2011, 02:14 AM
I am expecting some very good announcements later this year and next year for Encore.

Ooh... I wanna ask what you know but I know you can't say anything. :o
I just hope that the molds they choose to use in the mean time are ones that are going to sell, creating a good firm base to work off of when looking to reissue more sought after and, dare I say it, bigger figures. :D

Paulbot
23rd June 2011, 03:44 AM
More Encore news! Great stuff!

I find it a little odd to see Twincast when there wasn't an Encore Blaster (although it's been reissued by Hasbro). Was there one planned that Takara got cold feet on and Hasbro took up (just a theory) for the exclusive.

However: you've got an Autobot toy that holds two cassettes and a Decepticon toy that holds two cassettes. Surely these toys should come with Grand Slam, Raindance, Beastbox and Squawktalk, right? It's a no brainer!

sideswipes brother
23rd June 2011, 06:24 AM
HHmmmm...bit disappointed by this. I already have a Soundblaster and 3 Soundwaves and 2 Blasters. Was really hoping for something different.:(

1AZRAEL1
23rd June 2011, 08:57 AM
Mad. I will be buying these. Always wanted them, and wasn't really prepared to pay the prices they are these days.

1orion2many
23rd June 2011, 12:07 PM

Typical, I chase these down and then get shafted:rolleyes:

liegeprime
23rd June 2011, 01:20 PM
Typical, I chase these down and then get shafted:rolleyes:

Story of your wallet old man:p:p. Well I want these two figures as well. coz Encore line is way cheaper. I might consider getting the Devastator set as well so I can display them in altmode;) (which would be set 3 fopr me, if ever):D

Gibbzy
23rd June 2011, 02:40 PM
So these will be available in retail stores or will they need to ordered online?
I would love to get the encore Soundblaster :)

Skullcruncher
23rd June 2011, 02:48 PM
Even though I need a twincast I won't be getting them, simply as the couple of encores I had previously didn't quite feel right :D

GoktimusPrime
23rd June 2011, 02:51 PM
I find it a little odd to see Twincast when there wasn't an Encore Blaster (although it's been reissued by Hasbro). Was there one planned that Takara got cold feet on and Hasbro took up (just a theory) for the exclusive.
Blaster was also reissued in retail by Takara as part of TFC. Came with Steeljaw.

However: you've got an Autobot toy that holds two cassettes and a Decepticon toy that holds two cassettes. Surely these toys should come with Grand Slam, Raindance, Beastbox and Squawktalk, right? It's a no brainer!
+1. Assuming they still have these moulds. It would also hold greater appeal to their target Japanese market because Slamdance and Squawkbox were never released in Japan during G1 too!

So these will be available in retail stores or will they need to ordered online?
They will be available in retail stores in Japan. Some independent import stores in Australia might sell them, but they'd be really expensive because of Australian import tax/duties/levies. Best bet is to either get it directly from Japan - but if you can't, ordering online would still be a LOT cheaper than buying from an import store here.

Although the advantage of buying from an import store here is that you can physically inspect the condition of the toy and packaging for yourself, and of course as soon as you buy the toy you can crack it open and start playing with it! :D

Rampage
25th June 2011, 10:23 AM
Yay more encore :)

Was thinking the other day of how crappy my original Soundwave looks next to his encore minions. Soundblaster will do quite nicely

Sky Shadow
25th June 2011, 10:30 AM

They would sell so many more Soundblasters and Twincasts if they did this.

bowspearer
25th June 2011, 03:34 PM
The information I heard was correct after all. It seems they will go to #25 and see how the line goes.

#21 and #22 are good choices (and easy cause they have the mould).

I'd put even money on one of them being Fort/Grand Max, possibly #25 to take the line out with a bang.

Jay-Tron
30th June 2011, 01:11 PM
Another reissue of the soundwave and Blaster mold doesn't do much for me as I already have them. But it is cool to see the Encore line still going strong.

reillyd
30th June 2011, 05:45 PM
I would love to get the encore Soundblaster :)

No you won't find the Encore line at retail, unless you live in Asia.

kup
5th March 2012, 07:12 PM
Got my Twincast today.

It is 'ok' but I must say that this is a 'lesser' version than the Ehobby release. It is clear that the quality of manufacturing materials used (plastic) are less than the ehobby and previous 'book' reissue Blaster. However it is still decent enough so nothing to be angry about.

It is nothing to do with mold degradation, just a bit lacking in manufacturing standards as the plastic feels 'cheaper' and there are several minor faults on the surface specially on the back like scratches and other small defects. Nothing to warrant it as defective but clearly a 'lesser' release than the former.

I am still happy that I got it anyways :)

griffin
5th March 2012, 08:57 PM
Seibertron has posted up some pics (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/new-toy-galleries-enemy-am-radio-and-voice-changer/24180/) of the original Enemy "items"... not really released as a toy before, just as merchandise.

kup
5th March 2012, 09:41 PM
Seibertron has posted up some pics (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/new-toy-galleries-enemy-am-radio-and-voice-changer/24180/) of the original Enemy "items"... not really released as a toy before, just as merchandise.

I have the purple radio version of Enemy. It's exactly the same as the Seibertron pics with Enemy being red but only that the radio is purple.