PDA

View Full Version : Ozformers on Facebook

iceburn
12th January 2008, 11:14 PM
As most facebook fans may know, jaydisc has recently (a few days ago) upgraded the Ozformers group to the new feature.

However, it will now be moved to: Ozformers official facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ozformers/214419758596750)

Rules:
There are no rules in this Ozformers facebook page but please respect each and every fan that likes the page if NOT you will be banned.

It's OPEN to the public (for now) too so whether you are already a official member here in the forum, it doesn't matter.

The old Ozformers Group is now known as the Ozformers Group Chat (https://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_7620189148)as voted by many existing facebook fans.;I would like fans to post in the main page first if it's of everyone's interest.

The Admins seen in the facebook are mostly mods here in the forum, so if you have any questions, please seek any of us. :D

At the meantime, stay cool and happy chatting there

As discussed, Ozformers facebook page will now be "closed" till further notice. The Group Chat will still be visible to existing "like" facebook fans

Kyle
16th January 2008, 11:44 AM
Just joined the ozformers facebook group. :p

kup
16th January 2008, 05:30 PM
I have joint Ozformers face book. What do I do now?
________
MEDICAL MARIJUANA PATIENT (http://mmjp.org)

Paulbot
16th January 2008, 09:02 PM
Kup, try Sofaman's quiz

iceburn
16th January 2008, 09:04 PM
kup....say what you want, no mods around!! *haha*

Soundwarp
16th January 2008, 11:05 PM
Yes speak easy :D

Soundwarp
24th June 2008, 02:44 PM
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=7620189148

The little page

Burn
24th June 2008, 03:36 PM
Do I get anything for joining?

'cause I did ...

Bartrim
25th June 2008, 09:09 PM
Do I get anything for joining?

'cause I did ...

You can get my friendship if you want:D

Robzy
26th June 2008, 12:00 AM
Cool! I just joined too! Didn't even know it existed! :D

roller
26th June 2008, 12:05 AM
i might actually get a facebook account now, that and to deface my enemies reputations

Burn
26th June 2008, 04:06 PM
You can get my friendship if you want:D

... can I get a refund? :p

k.wong23
2nd July 2008, 11:25 PM
Joined it the other day :D

blackie
2nd August 2009, 02:17 PM
im there somewhere :)

rateeg
2nd August 2009, 02:20 PM
do we have an ozformers group at FB?

blackie
2nd August 2009, 02:52 PM
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/group.php?gid=7620189148&ref=ts

1AZRAEL1
2nd August 2009, 02:55 PM
Ha, I didnt know that.
Well looks like when I get home I will look it up.
(Stupid work not letting me use many internet sites :mad:)

2nd August 2009, 03:05 PM
oh how cool is that you guys have a group, i was gonna do a transformers search on facebook the other day..

rateeg
2nd August 2009, 06:09 PM
thanks for the link.

but how do we know who is who?
maybe if we put our username here and real name on facebook..
that will make sense :)

blackie
2nd August 2009, 06:40 PM
most of the usernames are under our names on the righthand side :)

GoktimusPrime
2nd August 2009, 08:46 PM
My Facebook name _is_ my username. :) But I get confused by people's mundane names - so if you want me to add you please include a message with it that tells me your board handle!

loophole
2nd August 2009, 10:19 PM
more people to trade Transformers using crappy applications muawahahahaha!!!!!

blackie
2nd August 2009, 10:24 PM

LOL
so true

iceburn
3rd August 2009, 12:42 AM
could the rest of the "non-members" in FB just msg me their nicknames? sorry....

rateeg
3rd August 2009, 04:47 AM

muawahahahaha!!!!!!

am i a retard or what?

Ode to a Grasshopper
3rd August 2009, 02:11 PM
Joined.:)

Burn
3rd August 2009, 07:14 PM
Well now I know where those Bobby and Ben blokes found me.

I have less than 50 friends on my Facebook and sit there wondering who half of them are at times.
And if people are curious i'm the one with the Homer brain.

1orion2many
4th August 2009, 09:18 PM
:)I'm to pretty to go on face book, I'll have all the girls chasing me and making Roller jealous:p:D

Borgeman
6th August 2009, 02:58 AM
facebook is lame :)

George

SentinelPrime
6th August 2009, 08:16 AM
:)I'm to pretty to go on face book, I'll have all the girls chasing me and making Roller jealous:p:D

ditto

valkyrie_76
6th August 2009, 10:39 AM
Pfft Facebook........waste of time or is it 'time waster at work' as my friends call it :D

SentinelPrime
7th August 2009, 06:50 PM
Pfft Facebook........waste of time or is it 'time waster at work' as my friends call it :D

+1

Tabias Prime
7th August 2009, 09:08 PM
Joined..:D:D:D, didnt know there was a group of facebook..

TheDirtyDigger
7th August 2009, 10:35 PM
Who is Man Mak?

hotaru_oz
10th August 2009, 05:35 PM
I've just joined

blackie
10th August 2009, 05:36 PM
Who is Man Mak?

some guy that works for/owns tf-toys.com i believe

Bartrim
12th August 2009, 08:57 AM
Well now I know where those Bobby and Ben blokes found me.

I have less than 50 friends on my Facebook and sit there wondering who half of them are at times.
And if people are curious i'm the one with the Homer brain.

The ozformers thing is just a front I'm actually stalking you Burn:p

WARNING TO EVERYONE THAT JOINED THE GROUP: I am what is collective known on facebook as a friend whore so expect friend requests from me okay:p

iceburn
12th August 2009, 09:36 AM
guys, please refresh my memories of your "nick" at Ozformers plz

Paulbot
12th August 2009, 09:41 AM
Iceburn, privacy privacy... most people might not want their full names published here!

PS I can PM you some of them

iceburn
12th August 2009, 09:46 AM
Iceburn, privacy privacy... most people might not want their full names published here!

PS I can PM you some of them

DONE! I forgot..thanks for the kind reminder

Ode to a Grasshopper
12th August 2009, 09:59 AM
I'm the guy with the Badtz-Maru (bad-tempered cartoon penguin reading a book) profile pic if that helps...

iceburn
12th August 2009, 10:03 AM
lol...i was referring to those whom just or joined but has not been placed as an officer yet with their nicks for easy identification.

Paulbot
12th August 2009, 10:29 AM
I generally like Facebook but I need to be a more selective about who I accept Friend requests from and/or what content I let them see.

People I went to school with over 10 years ago and was never actually friends with should not be seeing everything I want current friends to see. Same with the division between what my current and former coworkers.

Kyle
12th August 2009, 11:04 AM
I generally like Facebook but I need to be a more selective about who I accept Friend requests from and/or what content I let them see.

People I went to school with over 10 years ago and was never actually friends with should not be seeing everything I want current friends to see. Same with the division between what my current and former coworkers.

You can put your friends into different groups and filter what photos each group can/cannot see, so I believe you should be able to do the same for comments/status as well. It does get quite confusing and complex, and you have to remember to assign each new friend into a group whenever you add a new one.

Paulbot
12th August 2009, 11:10 AM
Yes that's what I meant. I've started doing it. I sometimes think what I post on Facebook is not helping me as people read it and see through the disguise I wear in public.

yukitora
18th August 2009, 07:40 PM
i just made a group file called ozformers. but that doesnt help, because i can't write down anyones ozformer name. and not one single bugger has given me feedback on my art from this group. can't draw transformers if i don't know how my drafts are going:(

facebook is annoying... cause now everyone knows my real name! i was an invincible god there for a while! but then, jihaxus told everyone anyway:rolleyes:

and who are all those people who join the ozformers group that arnt members? or are they members?

Sky Shadow
18th August 2009, 09:01 PM
guys, please refresh my memories of your "nick" at Ozformers plz

Hey Icy, I've just joined - my initials are J.M. and my name rhymes with "boredom Horace". ;)

loophole
18th August 2009, 09:15 PM
i just made a group file called ozformers. but that doesnt help, because i can't write down anyones ozformer name. and not one single bugger has given me feedback on my art from this group. can't draw transformers if i don't know how my drafts are going:(

where would one find this? i couldnt see anything under the ozformers group :confused:

GoktimusPrime
10th February 2010, 08:47 PM
Hey... just a small request. When asking to be added to friends lists, could people please also include a brief message including your screen name. Because sometimes I get members here asking to be added, but I have no idea who you are because all I see is your photo (which doesn't mean much if I've never met you before IRL) and your mundane name, which also doesn't help me identify you. :)

I don't mind people sending requests, but yeah, it'd just be useful if you also told me your screen name. (^_^) For anyone thinking that I'm ignoring their request, it's because I've been trying to find out who you.

Obviously if I've already met your IRL then it's not essential. (:

BTW, I found 3 threads on this board about Facebook. Any chance they can be merged?

Burn
14th February 2010, 05:02 PM
Hey... just a small request. When asking to be added to friends lists, could people please also include a brief message including your screen name. Because sometimes I get members here asking to be added, but I have no idea who you are because all I see is your photo (which doesn't mean much if I've never met you before IRL) and your mundane name, which also doesn't help me identify you. :)

I second this request.

I had some guy (i'm assuming he's from Seibertron.com) wanting to add me as a friend, I had no idea who he was, so I pressed ignore. He tried again and sent the message "don't you want to be friends with me Burn?" ... I pressed ignore again.

yukitora
11th April 2010, 09:56 AM
please guys, if you add me as a friend, is it so hard to talk to me? if you don't want me, don't add me. if your in it for the art, tell me. i'm under emma hourigan- townsville. my id icon is the same as here.

Mr Ed
11th April 2010, 07:32 PM
I got hood winked into joining FB by my Ex GF about 4 years ago.

I have it on my iPhone.

What I hate are people from the past or stalkers from work wanting to be my
'friend'.

I just hit 'IGNORE'.

GoktimusPrime
11th April 2010, 10:56 PM
Hey could be worse. For my post-graduate studies I enrolled at a university that was farther away from home to be with my gf, who then dumped me shortly after! :p On the plus side I did meet a lot of good friends there. :)

What I hate are people from the past or stalkers from work wanting to be my
'friend'.

I just hit 'IGNORE'.
+1

jaydisc
21st June 2011, 11:45 AM
Can someone refresh my memory as to the purpose of the OzFormers Facebook Group? More specifically in the context of why membership to it has to be approved?

iceburn
21st June 2011, 02:14 PM
i've no idea too when it was first created... well, there are several admins now so i guess we can set this as "open" and let anyone join

1AZRAEL1
21st June 2011, 02:42 PM
I have no idea either. I only just rediscovered it :p

I reckon it should be open though, that way people could also find their way here.

jaydisc
21st June 2011, 04:55 PM
Well, i posted in there too basically saying if we can't remember why it's closed, let's just open it up. Let's give it a few days for someone to remind us. Who created it anyway?

iceburn
21st June 2011, 05:12 PM
Who created it anyway?

i did...

Bartrim
21st June 2011, 05:20 PM
Well the group chat was fun:D

1AZRAEL1
21st June 2011, 05:21 PM
Still going haha.

I think that is great, because I remember people asking for a live chat on here, at least on there doesn't have board costs :)

loophole
21st June 2011, 05:23 PM
Well the group chat was fun:D

crazy fun, hard to keep up with a bit though

Ode to a Grasshopper
21st June 2011, 05:26 PM
I'd assume it'd be because we had that serial pest who pops up every now and then and purportedly causes trouble - I've never come across him/them myself, by the time I hear about it it's usually been taken care of.
I forget the name (Sean something) and never found out any details besides some general harassment, but then I stay out of the board/fandom politics side of things so it hasn't really impacted on me.

So yeah, you might want to ask Griff before making it an open group, Ozformers is his baby after all.

jaydisc
21st June 2011, 09:32 PM
Looks like someone opened it up. Suspect any serial pest can be blocked there like they are here. It's probably a bit more difficult to keep setting up FB accounts, and FB will help police that anyway.

The group chat is like having an OTCA IRC channel. Neat.

KillinSpoon
21st June 2011, 10:24 PM
Looks like someone opened it up. Suspect any serial pest can be blocked there like they are here. It's probably a bit more difficult to keep setting up FB accounts, and FB will help police that anyway.

The group chat is like having an OTCA IRC channel. Neat.

An OTCA IRC channel that you can't close out of or ignore because it keeps popping up every 2 seconds while you're on facebook :P

Ode to a Grasshopper
22nd June 2011, 02:05 AM
An OTCA IRC channel that you can't close out of or ignore because it keeps popping up every 2 seconds while you're on facebook :PYou can turn that off in the Edit Settings button at the top.
I did, much as I like the community here I have too much stuff to do for non-stop chat or repeated cleaning of my inbox.

griffin
23rd June 2011, 11:15 AM
Moved these posts to the Info section.
I'll get Iceburn to edit the first post (which is his) with details, like the direct link, and any membership requirements or 'rules/behaviour requirements'.

I'm happy to have it operate as an open link between Facebook and here, and can continue existing independently by whomever is currently administrating it.

Is it possible to have it publicly viewable/accessible, like the Jayjays or AUS TFs movie facebook page, or is there privacy issues with ours? Or is it a different format to those 'business' type pages?

(yes, I'm not on facebook, so not too familiar with how it all operates)

JuzMel
23rd June 2011, 11:43 AM
i did...
You know you missssss us... :D

Bartrim
5th July 2011, 04:52 PM
Is it just me or has the chat window really slowed down?:(

Guess the novelty wore off pretty quick. Shame it was heaps fun

iceburn
5th July 2011, 05:01 PM
Is it just me or has the chat window really slowed down?:(

Guess the novelty wore off pretty quick. Shame it was heaps fun

i guess facebook is having some problems. it was lagging when i tried accessing my own profile page eariler today

1AZRAEL1
5th July 2011, 05:13 PM
I still wanna chat, its just a complete fubar of a day/week/month I am having at work.

Autocon
5th July 2011, 07:06 PM
what happened to yukitora? :confused:

KillinSpoon
5th July 2011, 07:11 PM
What do you mean?

Autocon
5th July 2011, 07:58 PM
her account is dead:(

griffin
5th July 2011, 08:45 PM
I think there is meant to be a "generic" Australian Transformers Fans group on facebook now, as this one was using our name but not the rules that protected our public image.
Some suggestions were made, and I've asked if the group be renamed to something generic/public, or set up a new group for all fans, which would later require the ozformers group to be closed up so that it doesn't compete with the 'public' group. I've been told that the Ozformers group was already closed up though, so hopefully that means the generic group was already instigated to minimise disruption. Can someone post the link here to the new group, for others to get onto it?

jaydisc
6th July 2011, 03:41 PM
The group has not been renamed.

iceburn
6th July 2011, 04:14 PM
Clarification:
1. Ozformers page has been restricted to "Admins" only now; public attempting to gain access will be redirected back to their facebook page.

I can't rename it (i think) especially the URL link which is fixed to www.facebook.com/ozformers (http://www.facebook.com/ozformers)

2. Ozformers Group Chat has now been set as "Closed" restricted only to members for posting; do we need to rename this group?

3. I've done a search but unable to locate any Australian Transformers group as yet. What is it called if there's one available?

KillinSpoon
6th July 2011, 06:37 PM
Do you mean this one?
http://www.facebook.com/TransformersAU?ref=ts

jaydisc
6th July 2011, 08:32 PM
I think there's some confusion here.

OzFormers started as a Facebook "Group". Group's have a chat feature, and this became a bit popular.

OzFormers also has a Facebook "Page". Pages are meant for entities, like artists, clubs, businesses and more. Facebook Pages do not have a chat function. The Page has reserved itself a nice URL that shouldn't be given up: http://www.facebook.com/ozformers. I don't think it hurts to have the Page, as it's just a page that can be "liked" by "fans" of "OTCA". There's no chat that would need to be moderated and if necessary, it can be set so only admins can post on the wall. This ensures that the OzFormers brand can live on Facebook untarnished, ready to be used by Griffin, when and how he sees fit.

I recommend you keep the Page, ditch the Group.

Bartrim
6th July 2011, 09:13 PM
But what's wrong with the chat group if it is closed for ozformers only and if anyone is caught misbehaving they can be removed?

griffin
7th July 2011, 12:08 AM
The Page was closed up because it can't have it's name changed - but can the Group be renamed then, to something generic? Then it can be the responsibility of whomever 'owns' it.
Facebook is a huge social concept at the moment, so I'd be wanting to have some sort of established AUS Transformers fans feature on there to cater for the partial & 'short lived' fans, plus act as a catalyst at getting the more committed fans to join up here.
I did suggest having the new group set up before anything was done to the Ozformers one, to avoid disrupting the current users, but since it has already been closed up, can someone create a generic one as soon as possible (if one doesn't already exist)?
Otherwise, I may need to sign up to Facebook just to see first-hand what it really is all about, and what we need to set up for all AUS TFs fans to be able to use, not just Ozformers members.

jaydisc
7th July 2011, 12:09 PM
But what's wrong with the chat group if it is closed for ozformers only and if anyone is caught misbehaving they can be removed?

OzFormers, the entity, owned by Griffin, did not create and does not manage that group. However, any issues with it would come back to Griffin, which hardly seems appropriate when Griffin isn't even a Facebook user. Moderating, removing, assessing misbehaving all seems completely unnecessary and problematic, when the considerably simpler alternative is renaming it.

What's wrong with a group chat under a different name?

I've said all I'm going to say on the topic. It's not my brand or entity, so it's not really my problem and in the end, it won't affect me. I'm also no longer an admin in that group, so I can't affect change anyway.

Burn
7th July 2011, 08:02 PM
Can this forum support a "shout box"?

griffin
8th July 2011, 12:06 AM
I looked into having one when it was raised about a year or two ago... and if it happened, I'd set it up is a chat feature/window, for registered members only to use so that it remains spam free.

iceburn
8th July 2011, 12:37 AM
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150224740462967&set=a.10150220162217967.313390.28353547966&type=1&theater (http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150224740462967&set=a.10150220162217967.313390.28353547966&type=1&theater)

You need to "like" Warner Music Singapore first (i apologise), then
Please vote by clicking "Like" for me - Entry #10!

Thank you

jaydisc
8th July 2011, 11:19 AM
Done. FYI, you can unlike Warner after Liking the photo, and the Like of the photo remains. Good luck Icey.

SkyWarp91
8th July 2011, 07:09 PM
So is chat disabled or is it just inactive tonight?

jaydisc
8th July 2011, 07:14 PM
Inactive

GoktimusPrime
10th July 2011, 11:30 PM
It's inactive a lot of the time. Gah... it's reminding me of the old IRC channel where people would just idle there for hours (or days/weeks) ... only with Facebook chat there doesn't appear to have an option of putting yourself on AFK or Away mode. Even if there was that option, a lot of people don't use it (-_-) The old IRC channel eventually died because people just kept squatting there idle and eventually people just lost interest and stopped going there. Except for @ChanOP... she never left. :p

KillinSpoon
11th July 2011, 12:12 AM
When it says I'm there, I'm there.
Except now I've been banned from FB chat for a bit, so I can't talk anyway.... :/

iceburn
11th July 2011, 12:54 AM
Done. FYI, you can unlike Warner after Liking the photo, and the Like of the photo remains. Good luck Icey.

thanks, thats something i like to know too :)

much nicer pics of other collectors posted today.. amazing stuff

SkyWarp91
11th July 2011, 01:46 AM
i think it can stay active, so long as people can post a comment in the chat feed whenever they can, doesn't have when others are actively there talking, but it could help keep the flow of the mood.

Burn
16th July 2011, 11:47 AM
Iwith Facebook chat there doesn't appear to have an option of putting yourself on AFK or Away mode.

There use to be. But it looks like with their new update and chat sidebar it's been taken away. Now you just choose whether you're available to chat or not.

The latest MSN allows you to access the Facebook chat without actually being on Facebook, and it let's you set your status, though i'm not sure how it would show up on another person's screen if they're just on FB.

jaydisc
24th July 2011, 07:56 PM
You can use the Jabber protocol to connect to Facebook chat too. I've been using it for well over six months like that. Doesn't work for group chat though.