PDA

View Full Version : Maketoys

Pages : 1 [2] 3

liegeprime
17th July 2012, 10:01 PM
Hmmm wonder why the change of heads? Kinda plain looking compared to previous. But it still looks impressive. Can't wait! :)

kup
17th July 2012, 10:15 PM
Hmmm wonder why the change of heads? Kinda plain looking compared to previous. But it still looks impressive. Can't wait! :)

The old head is still included. You get an extra ugly head for some reason. There was a huge backlash about it too but things calmed down when people realized it was just an extra head.

liegeprime
17th July 2012, 10:23 PM
Ah ok. At least you can select which one is your preferred. I guess that's quite acceptable, conciderigng its price

SuspectimusPrime
17th July 2012, 11:20 PM

Perhaps to give Giant a more brutish look?

The nose on the new head rises to be about 1/2 way up the face/head. They might have done this to give the face more of an impact, and making the toy seem more in character.

Whereas the original yellow head rises to only 1/3 way up, making it look as though yellow Giant has a larger cranium to a smaller face (more intelligent-looking, and also more Anime-like). I prefer the idea of combiners housing the collective intelligences of the team but cannot control itself and end up lashing out like Frankenstein.

SuspectimusPrime
17th July 2012, 11:29 PM
Ah ok. At least you can select which one is your preferred. I guess that's quite acceptable, conciderigng its price

Hopefully this stops (but more probably won't stop) Dr. Wu from riding on MakeToy's sales with more $10 head sculpts!

Lord_Zed
18th July 2012, 09:04 PM
I don't see a problem with $10 alternate heads, the only problem is Dr Wu have yet to sculpt anything even vaguely interesting.

liegeprime
19th July 2012, 06:24 AM
I don't see a problem with $10 alternate heads, the only problem is Dr Wu have yet to sculpt anything even vaguely interesting.

oooooh nasteeee heheheh:D:p

SuspectimusPrime
19th July 2012, 06:18 PM

$400 on Giant is a definite must, but $10 on one of Dr Wu's add-on's of third parties is just too hard to ask :p

KaRNiV8L PRiME
23rd July 2012, 09:53 PM
I have TFC Hercules but starting to really like this one

Hursticon
23rd July 2012, 10:39 PM

@KaRNiV8L: Those photos are jaw-droppingly awesome man - Thanks for sharing! :eek::cool:
That back-of-the-box shot reminds me so much of the packaging art of the original Power Rangers Megazords! :D

SuspectimusPrime
23rd July 2012, 11:25 PM

Thanks for sharing dude! Have they started to ship these out already?

It's really awesome that they've kept the better head as the official one on the display box, but strange how they've kept the 'Saw'-head on the actual product? Oh well, it should only take seconds to correct that :)

kup
23rd July 2012, 11:51 PM
Thanks for sharing dude! Have they started to ship these out already?

It's really awesome that they've kept the better head as the official one on the display box, but strange how they've kept the 'Saw'-head on the actual product? Oh well, it should only take seconds to correct that :)

I think the one on the display is the saw head.

KaRNiV8L PRiME
23rd July 2012, 11:58 PM
TFW (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/3rd-party-unlicensed-41/maketoys-green-giant-boxed-and-in-hand-images-175546/)

Lord_Zed
24th July 2012, 12:09 AM
Ohhh looking good, Nice packaging too.

the smiley head is still weird though, looks a bit like the sort of weird face Roche might draw.

Sam
24th July 2012, 07:40 PM
Wow, nice. Can't wait to get it.

Bidoofdude
27th July 2012, 07:24 PM
Looking good, really considering this instead of TFC. This will look great holding some minicons and legends class figs in his hands. Now, 6 robots displayed? or one big one.
Tough Choice..

kup
31st July 2012, 04:54 PM
Despite the in-package pictures and Maketoys selling it at TFCon, it seems that Green Giant has been delayed until late August :(

TFSource has updated the website with the new release 'estimate'.

http://tfsource.com/products/view/product_id/4328

Hursticon
31st July 2012, 05:29 PM
Despite the in-package pictures and Maketoys selling it at TFCon, it seems that Green Giant has been delayed until late August :(

TFSource has updated the website with the new release 'estimate'.

http://tfsource.com/products/view/product_id/4328

Hmm...
About the only good thing to come out of this is that it gives people like myself more time to save up the funds to purchase the beast :D; That said I can understand those disappointed by yet another delay. :o

Trent
31st July 2012, 07:43 PM
$&%#!!

Damn you MT picking up iGears bad habits!!

SuspectimusPrime
31st July 2012, 09:25 PM
Hmm...
About the only good thing to come out of this is that it gives people like myself more time to save up the funds to purchase the beast :D; That said I can understand those disappointed by yet another delay. :o

I'd be looking forward for a 'breather' space in between third-party releases :p Both for the ol' funds departments and also a bit more time to slowly appreciate the new acquisition.

SuspectimusPrime
1st August 2012, 01:34 PM
A very interesting response from eHobbyBase this morning...

http://i1263.photobucket.com/albums/ii640/Suspectimus/Interesting.jpg

Product page. (http://www.ehobbybaseshop.com/?p=6&lang=en&ev=&id=283)

There's also a $20 off coupon (code: facebook20, via here (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/ehobbybaseshop-newsletter-7-30-2012/25500/)) until the end of the month :) Final total cost is slightly dearer than RK.

kup
1st August 2012, 04:30 PM
Very interesting indeed. Maybe only TFsource is the one who needs to wait until the end of the month?

Trent
1st August 2012, 04:51 PM
Robot kingdom has them as delayed until August as well.

Perhaps they found an issue after they had started shipping them to retailers?

SuspectimusPrime
1st August 2012, 05:58 PM
Robot kingdom has them as delayed until August as well.

Perhaps they found an issue after they had started shipping them to retailers?

Hmm.. if there was an issue, why wouldn't MakeToys recall them from all online retailers?

Maybe because eHobbyBase ordered in a smaller shipment from the others and got it first?

Sutton
6th August 2012, 10:32 AM
Peaugh's review mentioned that it's simply a case of the shipment being on it's way by boat, and that transit time is about 3 weeks.

I bought through TFSource simply because I had the option to pay upfront when the exchange rate was good, rather than being at the mercy of whatever it is at the time it arrives - it can make a big difference.

Little bit pissed about this delay though now that it turns out that other sites are getting theirs. Did TFSource maybe cheap out on their wholesale delivery options? Probably decided there was no need to race to have it in stock first since this thing will sell out pretty quickly everywhere anywhere. If that's the case, then it'll be the first and last time I buy through them - back to Robotkingdom from now on...

nofacej
9th August 2012, 07:37 AM
Just caved in and pre-ordered Green Giant from TF Source. It was a toss up between this and FP Bruticus, but I figured if I didn't get one new then the resale price on ebay and the like would go through the roof once it sells out everywhere.

theheretic
9th August 2012, 08:38 AM
Tried so hard to resist 3rd party toys... Oops I clicked the add to cart. Darn it now I clicked confirm and accidentally entered my password and pressed enter. Oh well, I can't cancel green giant now, that wouldn't be fair to get his hopes up and then let him down :-)

SuspectimusPrime
9th August 2012, 09:38 AM
Just caved in and pre-ordered Green Giant from TF Source. It was a toss up between this and FP Bruticus, but I figured if I didn't get one new then the resale price on ebay and the like would go through the roof once it sells out everywhere.

Not a bad time to be buying a heap US Dollars :)

Just curious though, wouldn't it have been slightly cheaper to grab Green Giant from RK?

canofwhoopass_87
9th August 2012, 11:05 AM

Oh you know it man. FP Bruticus could've been picked up (as a complete set with Bruticus Maximus in retail) for $150 when it first came out. They're going for triple that amount now

Not a bad time to be buying a heap US Dollars :)

Just curious though, wouldn't it have been slightly cheaper to grab Green Giant from RK?

Some people prefer to pay a little more for better service and peace of mind, which is prob why they've opted for tfsource and BBTS.

theheretic
9th August 2012, 11:17 AM
^ That's why I order all my stuff from BBTS, especially more expensive pieces.

SuspectimusPrime
9th August 2012, 09:28 PM
Oh you know it man. FP Bruticus could've been picked up (as a complete set with Bruticus Maximus in retail) for $150 when it first came out. They're going for triple that amount now

FP Bruticus' secondary market price has not moved in the last 9 or so months (stuck on about $450), so it's probably unlikely to budge anytime soon.

Some people prefer to pay a little more for better service and peace of mind, which is prob why they've opted for tfsource and BBTS.

Good point, thanks for that. I've had a pretty good run of luck with RK thus far so haven't had to go elsewhere yet :)

nofacej
9th August 2012, 10:35 PM
FP Bruticus' secondary market price has not moved in the last 9 or so months (stuck on about $450), so it's probably unlikely to budge anytime soon.

I think he's agreeing with my decision to get Green Giant first in light of the fact FP Bruticus' price has skyrocketed and that he expects Green Giant to follow suit once it is no longer available from retailers. I'm counting on Bruticus' price remaining more or less static.

Trent
10th August 2012, 02:33 PM
Just got a shipping notice from RK!! Green Giant is on his way!!!

Woo Hoo!:D

Sutton
10th August 2012, 02:39 PM
In stock at BBTS too. Looks like I backed the wrong horse this time, lol.

Hopefully it's only a difference of days and not weeks. I've had my order in and paid for since the end of April, enough with the waiting!

kup
10th August 2012, 03:17 PM
Got the shipping notice from RK too! :D

Sam
10th August 2012, 08:10 PM

+1

Sutton
11th August 2012, 07:50 AM
From TFSource...

"All of our Preorders are part of the first run as we have not received those yet. Generally the distributors closest to the Manufacturer’s plant tend to get them first as the travel distance for shipping is not as great as shipping to the US. But, it is encouraging that Robotkingdom has theirs - could very well mean ours could be on the boat soon! As soon as we hear for certain, it will be posted on the site as well as Facebook and Twitter. Hope you have a great afternoon! Thank You and Best Regards,
Nicole"

Sad face :(

theheretic
11th August 2012, 06:34 PM
BBTS still says preorder. Are you sure they had him in stock? I only ordered mine last week so maybe I missed out on first run.

Hursticon
11th August 2012, 08:53 PM
Just got a shipping notice from RK!! Green Giant is on his way!!!

Woo Hoo!:D

Man, I hope there is still some around at RK by the time I've saved up the funds in a couple of weeks; Massive congrats guys, expecting plenty of pics & details on the set when they arrive! :D

Sutton
12th August 2012, 07:52 AM
BBTS still says preorder. Are you sure they had him in stock? I only ordered mine last week so maybe I missed out on first run.

Seems that way. It appears they only received a small-ish initial shipment.

kup
16th August 2012, 06:51 PM
More Giant:

http://kupscigar.com/collection2012/Giant/giant7.JPG

Hursticon
16th August 2012, 07:28 PM
More Giant:

*snip*

AWWW!!! :eek:
You've no idea how incredibly jealous I am at the moment Kup, congrats though dude. :D

Trent
18th August 2012, 02:12 PM
MT vs FP in… Kitchen Table Wars!!!

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc88/Wrxus/DSC_0080.jpg

Hursticon
18th August 2012, 02:25 PM
MT vs FP in… Kitchen Table Wars!!!

*snip*

Hehe, that's cool! :D

kup
20th August 2012, 08:37 PM
For people who don't know where the weapons go in vehicle mode, here are some pics (you need to scroll down):

http://www.toyboxcollection.com/reviews/maketoys_crane_dump/
http://www.toyboxcollection.com/reviews/maketoys_excavator_bulldozer/
http://www.toyboxcollection.com/reviews/maketoys_loader_mixer/

Strangely, Green Giant's instructions does not clearly say what to do with the weapons in vehicle mode but apparently the yellow version does :confused:

Trent
20th August 2012, 09:50 PM
For people who don't know where the weapons go in vehicle mode, here are some pics (you need to scroll down):

http://www.toyboxcollection.com/reviews/maketoys_crane_dump/
http://www.toyboxcollection.com/reviews/maketoys_excavator_bulldozer/
http://www.toyboxcollection.com/reviews/maketoys_loader_mixer/

Strangely, Green Giant's instructions does not clearly say what to do with the weapons in vehicle mode but apparently the yellow version does :confused:

Cheers for that. Amazingly enough about an hour ago I had them all in alt mode and was trying to figure out where all the weapons go. Especially the chest piece.

liegeprime
20th August 2012, 11:32 PM
Today I tried to convert all to individual robot and vehicle mode. It kinda frustrated me abit especially when I was trying to figure out what the instructions were trying to show. I got them all in robot mode - hmmm shouldve taken a pic. Then got a few in vehicle mode but decided, meh I'll just go straight to combiner part mode instead. It was quite tiring actually:(:( sigh, so I decided I'll keep em in combined mode instead... The individual bots are quite tall bots and really not easy to transform. The transformation process for each bot is complex it was making me tired LOL

kup
20th August 2012, 11:44 PM
Today I tried to convert all to individual robot and vehicle mode. It kinda frustrated me abit especially when I was trying to figure out what the instructions were trying to show. I got them all in robot mode - hmmm shouldve taken a pic. Then got a few in vehicle mode but decided, meh I'll just go straight to combiner part mode instead. It was quite tiring actually:(:( sigh, so I decided I'll keep em in combined mode instead... The individual bots are quite tall bots and really not easy to transform. The transformation process for each bot is complex it was making me tired LOL

I just had a go myself this afternoon. I was able to transform each in about two minutes, once you know what you are doing it's easy. I don't find them any different in complexity to a 'traditional' Classics deluxe mold but it is different.

However the instructions are crap in the sense that they skip steps!

liegeprime
21st August 2012, 01:00 AM
I guess im just rusty coz Im so used to just transforming Cyberverse/legends/WSTs figures nowadays:p - and yeah the instructions are a bit confusing for me- juuust a bit but enough.

Sutton
21st August 2012, 09:21 AM
Just watch the youtube reviews.

Off topic but related, I still think that Hasbro should have started including instructional DVDs, or at least website links to instructional videos, a loooong time ago.

kup
21st August 2012, 10:20 AM
Just watch the youtube reviews.

Off topic but related, I still think that Hasbro should have started including instructional DVDs, or at least website links to instructional videos, a loooong time ago.

Doesn't benefit Walmart so they won't do it.

Sutton
21st August 2012, 11:05 AM
Doesn't benefit Walmart so they won't do it.

Seriously, how much would it really cost to post up quick and dirty videos of someone stepping you through a transformation? They've calmed down a little with the Prime line but some of the movie TF's are way too hard for kids. Mixmaster and Leader Prime come to mind.

kup
21st August 2012, 12:02 PM
Seriously, how much would it really cost to post up quick and dirty videos of someone stepping you through a transformation? They've calmed down a little with the Prime line but some of the movie TF's are way too hard for kids. Mixmaster and Leader Prime come to mind.

It is actually a very good customer service/Entertainment/promotion thing they could do but they won't because it takes too much effort and it only benefits the end consumer directly. We are not really Hasbro's customer base - They sell to retailers in particular Walmart so we are actually the resellers/retailer's customers not Hasbro's.

Lord_Zed
21st August 2012, 11:30 PM

Just to be different I've tried it the other way around and have not yet built the giant, but have transformed both Crane and Bulldozer back and forth a few times to get a feel for each of the components. I found once I got used to them the transfromations are quite simple but satisfying. You have to be careful with cranes arms to pull the hinge out a bit before you rotate. Anyway now that I understand the transformation is pretty easy, better than the FP insecticons even.

liegeprime
21st August 2012, 11:41 PM
The figures that I found easy was the cement mixer, bulldozer and Crane, but for some reason the rest I just blank out, especially when I was trying to bring back from robot mode back to vehicle mode, ah well I guess I need more practice. As for now they're in combined mode to stay :D

Trent
22nd August 2012, 12:57 PM
Yeah can't say I'm a fan of Scrappers transformation. Those shoulder hinges freak me out.

King Atlas
22nd August 2012, 04:44 PM
Looks like there is a KO coming out this November. Can't say I'm not tempted, considering the price....

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-3rd-party-discussion/643756-knock-off-green-giant.html

Trent
22nd August 2012, 06:52 PM
Be careful. There are a few parts on them that if made of inferior plastic could make you very sad indeed.

SuspectimusPrime
22nd August 2012, 07:25 PM
That's quite unfortunate, especially so quickly after Green Giant's official release :( I wonder if they had the chance to KO since Yellow Giant, or if they just wanted to KO Green Giant from the beginning.

Battle Tanker had pretty much been sold out on most online retailers when it got KO'ed. RK is currently still showing some pretty big stock numbers of Green Giant atm - currently at about 140 - I've been checking almost everyday since I still have not ordered mine yet. Suppose I should put in my order soon, otherwise if the official one gets sold out and I have to start looking at the secondary market, it may get tricky to differentiate the real deal.

Hursticon
22nd August 2012, 07:32 PM
Battle Tanker had pretty much been sold out on most online retailers when it got KO'ed. RK is currently still showing some pretty big stock numbers of Green Giant atm - currently at about 140 - I've been checking almost everyday since I still have not ordered mine yet. Suppose I should put in my order soon, otherwise if the official one gets sold out and I have to start looking at the secondary market, it may get tricky to differentiate the real deal.

I'm literally in the very same boat as yourself dude, I'm having to wait until Tuesday next week in order to place my order for this beautiful set with RobotKingdom - I'm also crossing everything that I can humanly cross that stock will last until then. :o

Sutton
22nd August 2012, 07:58 PM
Meanwhile, TFSource has delayed release till September now...still no explanation as to the hold up considering they were on the boat to the US 3 weeks ago... :confused:

Hursticon
22nd August 2012, 08:13 PM
Meanwhile, TFSource has delayed release till September now...still no explanation as to the hold up considering they were on the boat to the US 3 weeks ago... :confused:

Apparently, according to TFW2005's Megathread, the reason is due to BBTS & TFSource's initial shipments having wet instruction manuals or something? - Apparently MakeToys is remedying this (Hence the delay), I couldn't make heads or tails of it myself but it seems to be the majority consensus over there. :confused:

liegeprime
23rd August 2012, 01:24 AM
Wet instruction manuals? but the manuals are IN the box with the toys? does it mean that all the toys got wet? Weird. :confused::confused::confused::confused:?????

Trent
23rd August 2012, 07:38 AM
Yeah my instructions had a few pages stick together :eek: Obviously someone found it interesting reading…

liegeprime
23rd August 2012, 09:53 AM
Yeah my instructions had a few pages stick together :eek: Obviously someone found it interesting reading…

a bit of fanboy w%#$.... eeeeew:p:p

1orion2many
23rd August 2012, 02:38 PM
Wet ink I would think:confused:

kup
23rd August 2012, 02:43 PM
Odd that it only seems to have happened to TFSource. I agree that if it was something that happened in transit, it would have affected more than just the instructions which is already sealed inside a plastic bag.

Trent
23rd August 2012, 06:04 PM
Odd that it only seems to have happened to TFSource. I agree that if it was something that happened in transit, it would have affected more than just the instructions which is already sealed inside a plastic bag.

Got mine from RK

kup
23rd August 2012, 06:53 PM
Got mine from RK

Wet or just pages stuck together? Pages stuck together is a faitly common occurrence, I have seen it in comics and TPBs for example.

Trent
23rd August 2012, 07:28 PM
I know what your talking about with TPB pages sticking together, but this is definately some sort of water damage. It's not too bad, though I might contact RK too see if they'll replace the book.

Curious to know how it happened.

SuspectimusPrime
23rd August 2012, 07:43 PM
I know what your talking about with TPB pages sticking together, but this is definately some sort of water damage. It's not too bad, though I might contact RK too see if they'll replace the book.

Sounds like it would've happened at the factory where they printed the instructions, and before it was sealed in a plastic bag? :confused:

Trent
23rd August 2012, 08:17 PM
Sounds like it would've happened at the factory where they printed the instructions, and before it was sealed in a plastic bag? :confused:

Yeah but was it an automated process that someone spilled their drink in? Or was it manual process and the new guy was putting them in a puddle accidently and didn't notice until he'd done 100 or so, and thought no one would notice?

kup
23rd August 2012, 09:18 PM

Yeah it is super strange as if it was an accident, why just the instructions?

kup
23rd August 2012, 11:34 PM
It's comparison time!

Devastators!

http://kupscigar.com/collection2012/Giant/g1giant01.JPG

Hasbro's aberration :p

http://kupscigar.com/collection2012/Giant/g1giant14.JPG

Scavenger

http://kupscigar.com/collection2012/Giant/g1giant02.JPG

http://kupscigar.com/collection2012/Giant/g1giant08.JPG

Bonecrusher

http://kupscigar.com/collection2012/Giant/g1giant03.JPG

http://kupscigar.com/collection2012/Giant/g1giant09.JPG

Hook

http://kupscigar.com/collection2012/Giant/g1giant04.JPG

http://kupscigar.com/collection2012/Giant/g1giant12.JPG

Scrapper

http://kupscigar.com/collection2012/Giant/g1giant05.JPG

http://kupscigar.com/collection2012/Giant/g1giant10.JPG

Mixmaster

http://kupscigar.com/collection2012/Giant/g1giant06.JPG

http://kupscigar.com/collection2012/Giant/g1giant11.JPG

Long Haul

http://kupscigar.com/collection2012/Giant/g1giant07.JPG

http://kupscigar.com/collection2012/Giant/g1giant13.JPG

Sutton
24th August 2012, 10:03 AM
I'm really hoping that it's a different QC issue that's caused the delay, something that actually affects the toy, because I really couldn't care less if the book is soggy - plenty of online resources that show how to transform these guys.

Sutton
24th August 2012, 11:26 AM
It's comparison time!

Those are some really nice pics, Predacon. Er, I mean, Kup. :o

Sky Shadow
24th August 2012, 11:36 AM
I love what they've done with Long Haul.

Sutton
24th August 2012, 12:17 PM
I love what they've done with Long Haul.

Yep. It's exactly half G1 / half Bayverse. The truckbed legs would have been impossible to update and make cool. Big strong arms for carrying stuff, and doesn't look like the sharpest tool on the rack - which he isn't.

liegeprime
25th August 2012, 09:43 AM
Hmmm Well not all are happy in liegeverse with Giant's arrival. He managed to tick off a few already.....

Give me your lunch money!!!:p
http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb313/liegeprime/DSC02102.jpg

Give me your dinner cash!!
http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb313/liegeprime/DSC02076.jpg:p

theheretic
7th September 2012, 11:34 AM
Finally GREEN GIANT is in my Pile of Loot! BBTS must have got a new shipment. Now just waiting in a couple of figures that are supposed to be in this month and I'll be able to ship it. WooHoo!

Hursticon
14th September 2012, 01:28 PM
Bloody awesome photos Kup & Liege, I've bought and paid for my own Green Giant from RobotKingdom but am still awaiting them to actually receive their stock... Which I thought they had but it turns out wasn't the case, it was just a PreOrder for the 2nd batch... :rolleyes::p

Up yours waiting game! :D

SuspectimusPrime
14th September 2012, 03:35 PM
Bloody awesome photos Kup & Liege, I've bought and paid for my own Green Giant from RobotKingdom but am still awaiting them to actually receive their stock... Which I thought they had but it turns out wasn't the case, it was just a PreOrder for the 2nd batch... :rolleyes::p

Up yours waiting game! :D

Argh, me too! Just got an update email from their customer service saying no updates so far :p They also mentioned that there's some unknown delay with the producer so no ETA. Hopefully it comes in before Xmas :o

Hursticon
14th September 2012, 05:02 PM
Argh, me too! Just got an update email from their customer service saying no updates so far :p They also mentioned that there's some unknown delay with the producer so no ETA. Hopefully it comes in before Xmas :o

And here is TFsource stating over twitter that they should have their shipment in by the end of the month... Bloody hel, it took me forever to save up for that bloody set. :(

theheretic
15th September 2012, 05:15 PM
I find it odd that you guys can't get your orders. I literally ordered mine from BBTS last minute and mine is just waiting for me to press 'ship now' so I can't see why I can have mine but your still waiting. Doesn't seem fair.

SuspectimusPrime
15th September 2012, 06:29 PM
I find it odd that you guys can't get your orders. I literally ordered mine from BBTS last minute and mine is just waiting for me to press 'ship now' so I can't see why I can have mine but your still waiting. Doesn't seem fair.

Before selling out RK and some other HK-based resellers were the first ones to receive shipment, so perhaps the producer is aiming at satisfying all the websites before going back to RK again. It would have been good/fair for RK to put up a notice indicating that they only had pre-orders for their second batch - I might have just ordered from eHobbyBaseShop instead.

Hursticon
26th September 2012, 11:35 AM
Before selling out RK and some other HK-based resellers were the first ones to receive shipment, so perhaps the producer is aiming at satisfying all the websites before going back to RK again. It would have been good/fair for RK to put up a notice indicating that they only had pre-orders for their second batch - I might have just ordered from eHobbyBaseShop instead.

I agree with you here, as when I paid for my set it was under the impression that I was purchasing something that was actually in-stock - A couple of days or a week later, I find out that I had apparently placed a Pre-Order for a set drawn from a future 2nd batch. :(

I put it down to a site maintenance issue, but I'm finding myself increasingly drawn to the camp calling for RK to update their Website infrastructure; Sure, what they have currently works better than FunPub's ever did but I'm certain that RK could benefit greatly from a more contemporary website. :o

As it stands now, it looks like I wont get my own set until late October... Seems most of my big purchases this year will be arriving in the last 3 months of the year & I don't know whether I'm happy or not with this. :confused:

Sutton
28th September 2012, 06:11 PM
I agree with you here, as when I paid for my set it was under the impression that I was purchasing something that was actually in-stock - A couple of days or a week later, I find out that I had apparently placed a Pre-Order for a set drawn from a future 2nd batch. :(

I put it down to a site maintenance issue, but I'm finding myself increasingly drawn to the camp calling for RK to update their Website infrastructure; Sure, what they have currently works better than FunPub's ever did but I'm certain that RK could benefit greatly from a more contemporary website. :o

As it stands now, it looks like I wont get my own set until late October... Seems most of my big purchases this year will be arriving in the last 3 months of the year & I don't know whether I'm happy or not with this. :confused:

I put my order in with TFS on 26/04 and I'm still waiting, despite 2 shipments coming and going at BBTS. Not that I blame TFS, it's really MT's fault for not shipping in a fair and orderly way.

kup
28th September 2012, 10:28 PM
RK unfortunately has always had 'Instock' for items that are opened for Pre-order rather than readily available. It is something that has long been an issue and yet to be rectified although it would be very easy to do so.

Trent
29th September 2012, 12:04 AM
It appears as though TFSource has Green Giant in stock now.

http://tfsource.com/products/view/product_id/4328/

theheretic
29th September 2012, 01:51 PM
Thought I posted this earlier but it hasn't seemed to work
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l483/theheretic17/HFTD/FAD6E59D-EFD5-41B2-8FBD-F4D1260A34B4-11840-000014CE2D89646C.jpg

Trent
29th September 2012, 05:09 PM
^Isn't he just the swellest!:cool:

nofacej
3rd October 2012, 08:29 AM
TFsource have finally shipped my Giant. The next stage of waiting begins! It was supposed to be a birthday present to myself back in August... at least I chose express postage so it shouldn't be too long now.

SuspectimusPrime
3rd October 2012, 09:09 AM
Lol Yes, Green Giant will be my birthday present to myself... from May! Let's hope RK gets an update soon...

Hursticon
7th October 2012, 01:38 PM
Lol Yes, Green Giant will be my birthday present to myself... from May! Let's hope RK gets an update soon...

Hehe, same for me but for June. :o
Congrats for receiving yours though @TheHeretic! ;):cool:

theheretic
7th October 2012, 02:37 PM
Hehe, same for me but for June. :o
Congrats for receiving yours though @TheHeretic! ;):cool:

Thanks mate. Funnily enough it is also part of my birthday present from August :-) Along with a new glass display cabinet

Hursticon
24th October 2012, 09:38 PM
Oh F*** Yeah!!! :D:D:D

Just got a postage notification from RobotKingdom Re: Maketoys Green Giant! - That mean green team is on its way, so check your inboxes boys; hopefully you'll find some similarly good news! ;):cool:

theheretic
24th October 2012, 10:35 PM

Just got a postage notification from RobotKingdom Re: Maketoys Green Giant! - That mean green team is on its way, so check your inboxes boys; hopefully you'll find some similarly good news! ;):cool:

Great news mate! Your gonna love those mean 'cons!

Trent
25th October 2012, 07:23 AM

Awesome news Hursty!! You will be impressed with these guys.

SuspectimusPrime
25th October 2012, 08:01 AM

A much belated birthday present indeed :D:p

Hursticon
25th October 2012, 02:17 PM
Great news mate! Your gonna love those mean 'cons!

Awesome news Hursty!! You will be impressed with these guys.

Hehe, cheers guys - Expect a plethora of photos once they arrive... and once I've finished mucking around with them. :D

A much belated birthday present indeed :D:p

Too true, too true - I hope you've received your notice man, we can celebrate delayed B'day gifts together! :p

Ode to a Grasshopper
26th October 2012, 08:51 AM
New Battle Tanker for SG Ultra Magnus and SG Optimus Prime (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/3rd-party-unlicensed-41/maketoys-battle-tanker-shattered-glass-editions-176190/).

SuspectimusPrime
26th October 2012, 11:55 AM
New Battle Tanker for SG Ultra Magnus and SG Optimus Prime (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/3rd-party-unlicensed-41/maketoys-battle-tanker-shattered-glass-editions-176190/).

I've got SG Ultra Magnus but have been waiting around for a decent priced SG Optimus Prime - guess that's totally out of the window now :rolleyes::p

Since they've done one for these two, does that mean they're going to do one for TFCC Scourge?

Hursticon
26th October 2012, 03:53 PM
Since they've done one for these two, does that mean they're going to do one for TFCC Scourge?

I'd be willing to guarantee you that they are going to release one, I'd go so far to say that the kit was always intended to be used for Scourge but said Scourge just took too long to eventuate. ;):cool:

SuspectimusPrime
26th October 2012, 05:47 PM
I'd be willing to guarantee you that they are going to release one, I'd go so far to say that the kit was always intended to be used for Scourge but said Scourge just took too long to eventuate. ;):cool:

If not scourge, then they really should cash in on Combat Hero Prime (http://www.amazon.com/Transformers-Generations-Ultimate-Gift-Set/dp/B0085ULMLS) ;)

Hursticon
26th October 2012, 05:49 PM
If not scourge, then they really should cash in on Combat Hero Prime (http://www.amazon.com/Transformers-Generations-Ultimate-Gift-Set/dp/B0085ULMLS) ;)

Well, I guess he's a suitable substitute for a SG Magnus if anyone wanted to get that version of the kit anyway. ;):cool:

VGMStudios
11th November 2012, 08:36 PM
Wow that mt-02b is very very pretty! Can't wait till he is released.

Vgm out...

nofacej
27th November 2012, 08:20 PM
Here's a sloppy photoshop I made to illustrate what the Magnus set should look like on United Prime:

http://i46.tinypic.com/2dhzalv.jpg

I actually prefer it.

Sam
27th November 2012, 10:22 PM
Here's a sloppy photoshop I made to illustrate what the Magnus set should look like on United Prime:

I actually prefer it.

I do not understand how you would consider this effort sloppy? :)

Trent
27th November 2012, 11:06 PM
First set of reprolabels for green giant is up at TFW (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/3rd-party-unlicensed-41/reprolabelscom-november-2012-update-176386/). It's for Wheel Loader and Mixer. Looks like they have the sticker to make the windows purple like so many have wished for. And also is a few big ones to make the agitator on Mixer almost completely purple. Don't know what I think of that. Can't say I'm a fan now but it may grow on me once I see the whole lot in combined mode.

nofacej
28th November 2012, 09:39 AM
I do not understand how you would consider this effort sloppy? :)

I didn't change colour of the back kibble, the colours in general could be more accurate, the legs are only approximately correct in scale/rotation with his left leg being particularly poorly done (should have found a better source image), and the kneecaps should be solid red instead of the lazy hue shift I did on the patterned Botcon kneecaps.

It gives the general idea though.

SuspectimusPrime
28th November 2012, 02:53 PM
First set of reprolabels for green giant is up at TFW (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/3rd-party-unlicensed-41/reprolabelscom-november-2012-update-176386/). It's for Wheel Loader and Mixer. Looks like they have the sticker to make the windows purple like so many have wished for. And also is a few big ones to make the agitator on Mixer almost completely purple. Don't know what I think of that. Can't say I'm a fan now but it may grow on me once I see the whole lot in combined mode.

Would be waiting for final combined mode pics as well, the existing combined mode is very satisfactory to me. Plus because the Maketoys transformation is different from Hasbro's (much tighter in some areas), the stickers might get damaged.

I didn't change colour of the back kibble, the colours in general could be more accurate, the legs are only approximately correct in scale/rotation with his left leg being particularly poorly done (should have found a better source image), and the kneecaps should be solid red instead of the lazy hue shift I did on the patterned Botcon kneecaps.

It gives the general idea though.

I wonder if Maketoys will do a secondary head for SG Magnus-Tanker with the skull face at the last minute? :) Similar to their revision of the original and the last minute head change with Green Giant.

Hursticon
28th November 2012, 03:41 PM

I'm very tempted to move on these myself, I might hold off though until sets for all 6 bots are available & then have a stickering marathon! :D

Lord_Zed
28th November 2012, 06:38 PM
Those stickers have no appeal for me, other than the insignia ones. Sometimes less is more.

Magnus armour on United Prime looks decent though, good photoshop or not.

kup
29th November 2012, 09:55 AM
Those stickers have no appeal for me, other than the insignia ones. Sometimes less is more.

Magnus armour on United Prime looks decent though, good photoshop or not.

Yeah I agree. These new stickers do very little for me and whatever appeal there is can be easily accomplished by just an insignia.

I haven't seen Reprolabel upgrades for a very long time that I would regard as appealing.

SuspectimusPrime
29th November 2012, 07:48 PM
Nice one BBTS - restock on Botcon 2012 set (http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/search.aspx?search=2012%20-%20Transformers%20Timelines) and pricing the individually sold SG Magnus at $200.

Sky Shadow
29th November 2012, 09:27 PM
Nice one BBTS - restock on Botcon 2012 set (http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/search.aspx?search=2012%20-%20Transformers%20Timelines) and pricing the individually sold SG Magnus at $200.

That's just a rip-off. If people are just going to put armour on it, why not just get this (http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HAS22183&mode=retail) for a fifth of the price and three free bonus toys? If anyone wants to pay $200 shipped for my Shattered Glass Magnus, let me know!

Ploughmans Lunch
5th December 2012, 08:26 AM
That's just a rip-off. If people are just going to put armour on it, why not just get this (http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HAS22183&mode=retail) for a fifth of the price and three free bonus toys?

Bbb..bb- but m...mm-my purity! My terrible c-ccc-ccanon!

Paulbot
9th January 2013, 10:22 PM
Strongly considering ordering Green Giant now. The more I look at the pictures of it the more I like it. :o Doesn't need those reprolabels though. I definitely prefer it to Hercules.

SuspectimusPrime
10th January 2013, 12:10 AM
Strongly considering ordering Green Giant now. The more I look at the pictures of it the more I like it. :o Doesn't need those reprolabels though. I definitely prefer it to Hercules.

Maybe just one good sheet of variously sized Decepticon insignias :)

King Atlas
17th February 2013, 10:21 PM
Is BBTS and TFsource the only places you can order the Magnus or SG Battle Tankers? Really steep prices, plus their shipping is too much imo....

Hursticon
17th February 2013, 10:24 PM
Is BBTS and TFsource the only places you can order the Magnus or SG Battle Tankers? Really steep prices, plus their shipping is too much imo....

Have a look here (http://www.upgradecommander.com/), pretty sure they've got 'em. ;)

SuspectimusPrime
17th February 2013, 11:46 PM
Have a look here (http://www.upgradecommander.com/), pretty sure they've got 'em. ;)

Wish I knew how to read Japanese, ordered mine from BBTS earlier :p

Chimungmung (http://chimungmung.com/product_info.php?products_id=1014&osCsid=c29c7edbd73f1802a57b6c85bcbc1105) also has them, $140 + $15 shipping from HK.

Hursticon
18th February 2013, 12:19 AM
Wish I knew how to read Japanese...

I hear you! :p

They do provide a link to a page that gives you a step-by-step guide on what to click in order to purchase (http://www.maketoys.jp/Upgradehowto.html) through them, it's pretty straight forward if you take it slowly; I've preordered Chaos Paladin through them. :cool:

If/when I receive the figure, I'll post here (Or somewhere relevant :p) on how my transaction & dealings with them went, as it's interesting to note that Maketoys has them on the top of their list of (Official) resellers; makes me think that Maketoys might actually be operating out Japan actually. :eek:

VGMStudios
18th February 2013, 04:44 AM
I really really like that piece. Wish I could get both and Chaos.
No idea where to get the main not though plus it would probably kill my wallet.

Gasaraki
3rd April 2013, 01:45 PM
Hi guys, anyone know if any of the online stores (or anywhere) still have Green Giant in stock or coming in soon? I have placed a pre-order at ToyArena but it's predicted to come in 30th June - maybe I'm just impatient!

Any insight or new info would be appreciated! :)

SuspectimusPrime
3rd April 2013, 03:06 PM
Hi guys, anyone know if any of the online stores (or anywhere) still have Green Giant in stock or coming in soon? I have placed a pre-order at ToyArena but it's predicted to come in 30th June - maybe I'm just impatient!

Any insight or new info would be appreciated! :)

eHobbyBaseShop seems to still have it in stock: http://ehobbybaseshop.com/?sp=&p=6&cat2=65&cat1=5&cat0=3&id=283&cat1=5&cat0=3&new=&more=&lang=en

I've only purchased items from them in-person (they're HK based) and not yet via their website. Shipping costs for Giant was the same as RK when I last checked mid last year. Try emailing them to verify if its still in stock, they're quite responsive.

Gasaraki
3rd April 2013, 09:02 PM
eHobbyBaseShop seems to still have it in stock: http://ehobbybaseshop.com/?sp=&p=6&cat2=65&cat1=5&cat0=3&id=283&cat1=5&cat0=3&new=&more=&lang=en

I've only purchased items from them in-person (they're HK based) and not yet via their website. Shipping costs for Giant was the same as RK when I last checked mid last year. Try emailing them to verify if its still in stock, they're quite responsive.

You're a legend mate! That's twice you've helped me this week - you must be an internet savant!

Addit: I think you may well have spotted the last Green Giant available at retail price... they only had 1 in stock and no more at present after I snapped it up. $50 for EMS postage sounds very fair, and they pay via PayPal so worse case I'm still protected :)

SuspectimusPrime
4th April 2013, 12:38 PM
You're a legend mate! That's twice you've helped me this week - you must be an internet savant!

I'm going for the record here ;)

Addit: I think you may well have spotted the last Green Giant available at retail price... they only had 1 in stock and no more at present after I snapped it up. $50 for EMS postage sounds very fair, and they pay via PayPal so worse case I'm still protected :)

Congrats!! I didn't realise that the stock everywhere is exhausted (even on evilBay :eek:) until I did that search for you.

Gasaraki
4th April 2013, 02:03 PM
I'm going for the record here ;)

Congrats!! I didn't realise that the stock everywhere is exhausted (even on evilBay :eek:) until I did that search for you.

Just checked EhobbyBaseShop again... interestingly it looks like they've now listed another 3 in stock. That's cunning - they probably make it look like things are running out quickly so buyers are tempted to grab. Still, no where else has Green Giant in stock that I know of.

SuspectimusPrime
4th April 2013, 03:21 PM
Just checked EhobbyBaseShop again... interestingly it looks like they've now listed another 3 in stock. That's cunning - they probably make it look like things are running out quickly so buyers are tempted to grab. Still, no where else has Green Giant in stock that I know of.

It seems like they're still a much smaller operation without fixed systems for price adjustment yet. I previously inquired about their GDO Voyagers and when they realised they were selling a box of 4 for $120, they quickly readjusted to $160 (rough market value after price stabilised due to GDO's being sold in US/Canada). Whereas RK might see activity spike up for a pre-order and quickly adjust prices in a matter of days.

The prices they have on their website are actually the same as their retail offerings. After visiting their shop in HK, the next day I ran into the owner at In's Point snooping out the competition lol

Gasaraki
9th April 2013, 01:19 AM
Got my Green Giant today!! Initial impressions:

1. EMS shipping is AWESOME - item was posted on Friday and arrived today (Monday)!! I was in doubt whether the extra $20 was worth it... I doubt no longer. Also, www.ehobbybaseshop.com has my backing!

2. The box gives off an aura of quality. OK, so it's not as solid as, say, Platinum Omega Supreme, but it's very nicely done, and has a whole separate card box inside the colour printed exterior.

3. The box is big. I was pleasantly surprised with a package that was bigger than I expected... but this may be because the recent PE Assault Force I got was smaller than expected, so maybe I was mentally bracing (FYI Assault Force box measures 18x14x3cm). Green Giant's box measures 41x29x12cm... that's about 2cm bigger in most dimensions than a large Master Grade Gundam box.

4. The figures also give off an aura of quality. The plastic does feel somewhat soft, but this is no different to the latest Hasbro FOC Deluxes, as an example. The TFC figures are consistently rated to be more robust, so they must be really quite good!

5. The figures are also larger than I expected, which is another very nice surprise. With all the comparisons of Giant being smaller than Hercules, I was expecting something like scout size, but these are definitely closer to deluxe size.

Gonna have to link my reviews thread to this forum when I get round to this guy! I thought for a long time about splurging out for Giant... still not sure I can wholehearted recommend him (need to spend more time first), but $360 is really about 2.5x what it would cost to buy 6 Hasbro deluxe figures at local retail (less than 2.5x if say you buy from Myer) - that's not bad at all for a good third party product.

sifun
9th April 2013, 10:56 AM
great. now i want to buy maketoys green giant

must find it cheap

Sam
9th April 2013, 10:35 PM
Price wise Giant is a bit on the high side, especially when I consider that one of my friends got SOC God Mars for around the 250 mark, but I don't regret having bought Giant at all, I think the quality is very nice and it has a great G1-esque vibe to it. In fact had I not bought it I probably would have regretted it now.

CBratron
9th April 2013, 10:58 PM
Better not mention 'that other 3rd party Devastator" then.

Gasaraki
9th April 2013, 11:35 PM
Better not mention 'that other 3rd party Devastator" then.

Well I did mention Hercules in the earlier post... it was really really interesting choice for me actually, as you can now get Hercules for ~$450 postage included (Giant cost me $410 total with postage). Many of the previous comparisons had mentioned how Giant was a much cheaper alternative, but now that the price is quite close, it truly came down to a preference of aesthetic (as well as scale for me) +/- if you prefer more robust/harder plastic which Hercules seems to be made of.

I don't own a Hercules, so until the day I decide to splurge out on him as well, guess I'm inevitably going to be somewhat biased towards Giant.

sifun
12th April 2013, 02:22 PM
lol ehobbybaseshop just raised the price- yeahhhh!!! :(

Gasaraki
12th April 2013, 06:06 PM
lol ehobbybaseshop just raised the price- yeahhhh!!! :(

You mean US$369.99? That's what I ended paying actually (US$422 with postage, so it ended being something like AUD$412)... yeah, more expensive than $355 offered elsewhere, but no where else I know of has Green Giant in stock. It's a bit of a toss up whether $15 more is worth it to get him now.

Started a 3rd party thread (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?p=350490#post350490)for my reviews now... not-Scrapper is first up :)

Hursticon
28th May 2013, 02:26 PM
WHOOO!!! :D

Yesterday afternoon I received my postage notification from MechCommander.com (http://www.upgradecommander.com/) for MakeToys' Chaos Paladin! :eek:
(Only delayed by 3 months but who's counting? :p)

canofwhoopass_87
31st May 2013, 05:34 PM
G2 Yellow Giant in stock if anyone is keen

http://tfsource.com/maketoys/yellowgiant/

Slag
31st May 2013, 08:41 PM

Damn I wish I had 400 to spend:(

Hursticon
1st June 2013, 05:42 AM
http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/2013%20Acquisitions/DSCI0142_zps89e2919c.jpg

Head over here (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?p=357491#post357491) for more pics & thoughts guys. ;):cool:

Gasaraki
2nd June 2013, 02:59 AM

That's been there for quite a while actually... doesn't seem to be moving super quick. From what I've heard/read, I think Green version is definitely the way to go... Yellow was almost a prototype test. There are several fixes on Green including longer forearm joints, waist guards that flip up to allow more leg movement, as well as all the part fixes that were implemented on the later sets of Yellow Giant. Not to mention the crane arm is removeable in Green but not in Yellow AFAIK. And there's a second head that can be swapped in.

Apart from all these things, the one most important factor for me was still simply the G1 Green.

maxirod
19th July 2013, 03:12 PM
If anyone is still looking for this but at a much cheaper price and dont mind KO

http://www.toymoda.com/category.php?id=75&price_min=0&price_max=0&page=3&sort=goods_id&order=ASC

Trent
31st July 2013, 07:58 AM
With regard to Computron, Peaugh said on TFW that the limb bots will be released in pairs, similar to the Yellow Giant set, with a Scattershot pack as the last release. First set is slated for a November release.

SuspectimusPrime
31st July 2013, 09:57 AM
With regard to Computron, Peaugh said on TFW that the limb bots will be released in pairs, similar to the Yellow Giant set, with a Scattershot pack as the last release. First set is slated for a November release.

I wonder, like Giant, if MT will be re-releasing it in a big giftbox with awesome box art?

Trent
31st July 2013, 01:51 PM
I wonder, like Giant, if MT will be re-releasing it in a big giftbox with awesome box art?

I don't know. Remember though that the giftset was for Green Giant. It's not as though they released it separately then released the same thing in a box set, it was essentially releasing a different toy.

Hursticon
31st July 2013, 01:58 PM
I don't know. Remember though that the giftset was for Green Giant. It's not as though they released it separately then released the same thing in a box set, it was essentially releasing a different toy.

^Exactly; there is a possibility of a Giftset I reckon, if there's enough demand but absolutely nothing has been put forward to suggest this via "Official" channels. :)

Cheers for passing on the info from TFW's relevant threads, Trent ;):cool:, as I've grown to dislike going anywhere near their 3rd Party forum as the level of ridiculousness on display from various posters is absurd at times. :rolleyes::p

Trent
31st July 2013, 05:05 PM
Cheers for passing on the info from TFW's relevant threads, Trent ;):cool:, as I've grown to dislike going anywhere near their 3rd Party forum as the level of ridiculousness on display from various posters is absurd at times. :rolleyes::p

It is a joke sometimes. It started to get silly bycalling for pitchforks and torches because a certain toy didnt have ankle tilts, now the latest one is how TFC Predaking is superior in every way because MMC's uses a slightly different shade of red to G1. (Keep in mind that we haven't even seen colour shots of TFC's yet:rolleyes:) And don't even get me stated on the FP Menasor thread :mad:

That whole board is a giant facepalm sometimes :rolleyes:

Iriorne
31st July 2013, 05:22 PM
Yeah, it makes me sad sometimes. I'm pretty sure that most of the whinging on TFW is from a very vocal and self-entitled minority. I wouldn't say there were more than 20-30 people making a big stink about things.

In relation to a Quantron box set, Peaugh posted on TFW:

Not in front of me, but I know someone mentioned it to the FP rep and he seemed interested in hearing more about it.

I'm guessing he meant MT, not FP. :)

kup
31st July 2013, 06:59 PM
It is a joke sometimes. It started to get silly bycalling for pitchforks and torches because a certain toy didnt have ankle tilts, now the latest one is how TFC Predaking is superior in every way because MMC's uses a slightly different shade of red to G1. (Keep in mind that we haven't even seen colour shots of TFC's yet:rolleyes:) And don't even get me stated on the FP Menasor thread :mad:

That whole board is a giant facepalm sometimes :rolleyes:

It should be called TFW2500

http://www.performanceboats.com/gallery/data/500/2qv5vlt.jpg

VGMStudios
1st August 2013, 09:55 AM
Lol this is the main reason why I dont like going there.
They are all a bunch of retards. Fighting over the stupidest things.
Dare you call a character by a wrong name over there. They will rip you to shreds.
Its this kind of mentality that angers me the most.
But eh what can you do, they are only American after all. Haha

SuspectimusPrime
20th December 2013, 10:07 AM
BBTS pre-order for Green Giant due Jan 2014 (http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=MKT10005&mode=retail). Looks like a reissue?

Price is the same as its initial release, so far it doesn't seem to be up on the websites of the other two main players (RK and TFSource). Great chance for anyone who missed out on it the first time.

CBratron
20th December 2013, 10:32 AM
Just got an email saying TFSource will have stock in limited numbers.

Megatran
20th December 2013, 11:31 AM
BBTS pre-order for Green Giant due Jan 2014 (http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=MKT10005&mode=retail). Looks like a reissue?

Price is the same as its initial release, so far it doesn't seem to be up on the websites of the other two main players (RK and TFSource). Great chance for anyone who missed out on it the first time.

Just recently purchased the Yellow Giant. And this news comes out now for Green Giant at a competitive price. Talk about bad timing.

kup
20th December 2013, 11:35 AM
Just recently purchased the Yellow Giant. And this news comes out now for Green Giant at a competitive price. Talk about bad timing.

If you are a toy collector, this is an ever present risk. You never know when something will be re-released (or not) so you have to gamble it if you wish to go the extra and pay after market costs.

Megatran
20th December 2013, 11:49 AM
If you are a toy collector, this is an ever present risk. You never know when something will be re-released (or not) so you have to gamble it if you wish to go the extra and pay after market costs.

The little voice in side my head is telling me: Get the Green one as well. My precious ....... (OK, bad Golem impersonation).

Paulbot
20th December 2013, 12:20 PM
I am extremely tempted to add to my pile of loot. I have purchased some third party TFs in the past, but haven't opened or kept any. If I was going to get some, Green Giant does look like the 'must have'.

SuspectimusPrime
20th December 2013, 01:16 PM

At least you weren't the one of the twelve people who actually purchased this Green Giant (http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Transformers-MAKETOYS-Type-61-Giant-AKA-Green-Giant-DEVASTATOR-FULL-SET-/221213390585?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item33815876f9&_uhb=1) only to find out you could had both Green Giant (http://tfsource.com/maketoys/green-giant/) and Yellow Giant (http://tfsource.com/maketoys/yellowgiant/) for $100 more!

Gasaraki
21st December 2013, 03:38 AM

Good on MakeToys for doing this! I'm pretty sure the price was US$355 or 350 thereabouts for quite a while for the Green Giant giftset back in the day... but $380 is close enough as makes no real difference for those who missed out and really want this very excellent set.

Megatran
26th January 2014, 07:51 PM
http://tfsource.com/maketoys/green-giant/

Estimated release date has been delayed to February 2014 (was originally January) for Green Giant reissue at TFSource.

Myke
29th January 2014, 09:01 PM
Damn the weak AUD!!!!!

Megatran
30th January 2014, 01:22 PM
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=MKT10005&mode=retail

Following on from TFSource, BBTS have also updated the estimated release date for Green Giant reissue to February 2014 (was suppose to be this month).

It's the only item I'm waiting on before I ship my PoL.

ChlorHex
8th February 2014, 06:12 PM
Damn the weak AUD!!!!!

You got that right!

Megatran
15th February 2014, 05:24 PM
http://tfsource.com/maketoys/green-giant/

Green Giant is now in stock at TFSource!!!! :D

Mythirax
21st February 2014, 09:05 PM
Do want! (http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=MKT10010&mode=retail)

Found some better images from maketoys.jp (http://www.maketoys.jp/MCB-001.html) -- It gives him much more of a WFC/G1 look as well. By no means perfect, but it really improves the figure. And I already loved it how it was :D

http://i.imgur.com/sfr0zi9.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/paT6MGO.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/N0AE1Ww.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Shs7K5Y.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/aqDgo8P.jpg

Bidoofdude
21st February 2014, 10:39 PM
Do want! (http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=MKT10010&mode=retail)

Looks good, but not $114 good. I'll stick with my regular version thanks. ;)

Defcon
22nd February 2014, 09:55 AM
This omega add-on is just over doing it, as I don't believe many people would be prepared to spend much more adding to this mold. Spending 100+ dollars, sorry that's just overkill. If it was just the cannon to upgrade the arm to complement the claw arm, they could of kept the price down and had more buyers. Also they are late to the party, most of the hype has surely disappeared.

Megatran
22nd February 2014, 10:54 AM
Something is not quite right when the add-on cost more than the actual toy itself. YOTS Omega was priced at $98 at Big W.

Sky Shadow
22nd February 2014, 11:05 AM
Something is not quite right when the add-on cost more than the actual toy itself. YOTS Omega was priced at $98 at Big W.

FansProject City Commander was more expensive than Classics Ultra Magnus, BTS Toys' Mobile Command Base was more expensive tham Classics Optimus Prime, FansProject Protector was more expensive than Classics Rodimus, MakeToys Battle Tanker was more expensive than Reveal The Shield Optimus Prime (and so on). This is not a new thing. (And people were willing to spend, like, $400 on Planet X's Not-Omega-Supreme - even with buying both parts this set ends up being about half that price.)

Megatran
22nd February 2014, 11:57 AM
FansProject City Commander was more expensive than Classics Ultra Magnus, BTS Toys' Mobile Command Base was more expensive tham Classics Optimus Prime, FansProject Protector was more expensive than Classics Rodimus, MakeToys Battle Tanker was more expensive than Reveal The Shield Optimus Prime (and so on). This is not a new thing. (And people were willing to spend, like, $400 on Planet X's Not-Omega-Supreme - even with buying both parts this set ends up being about half that price.)

I'm one of those people who bought Planet X Genesis (not Omega Supreme). :p The head (face) add-on was only a fraction of the price of the toy.

Bidoofdude
22nd February 2014, 12:43 PM
This omega add-on is just over doing it, as I don't believe many people would be prepared to spend much more adding to this mold. Spending 100+ dollars, sorry that's just overkill. If it was just the cannon to upgrade the arm to complement the claw arm, they could of kept the price down and had more buyers. Also they are late to the party, most of the hype has surely disappeared.

Agreed. The alt mode looks great with all that stuff, but it goes basically nowhere in robot mode. The guns on the legs look a bit ugly, as does the big base on the back of the treads. The arm gun is pretty cool though, IMO. :) But not $114 cool.

Mythirax
22nd February 2014, 05:04 PM
3rd Party companies can never please everyone. It's expected to be expensive, and they're never meant to be for every ones tastes :D

Hursticon
24th February 2014, 09:15 PM
3rd Party companies can never please everyone. It's expected to be expensive, and they're never meant to be for every ones tastes :D

^This guy gets it ;)^

Mythirax
24th February 2014, 11:41 PM
^This guy gets it ;)^

*Takes a bow*

liegeprime
25th February 2014, 01:04 AM
Well, I have it on P.O. hopefully it's a god quality wise as it is in the pictures.... I only have Giant as a reference to Maketoys' QC, so hopefully....

Megatran
3rd March 2014, 08:26 AM
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=MKT10005&mode=retail

Green Giant is available at BBTS. US$379.99 + shipping.

Trent
5th March 2014, 01:00 PM
From a post on TFW (http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-3rd-party-discussion/883088-maketoys-quantron-not-computron-33.html#post10718121), rumour is that Quantron will be released in June as a box set at around $380.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Mythirax
5th March 2014, 02:07 PM
Boy I would love to get him :D

SuspectimusPrime
5th March 2014, 11:30 PM
So much awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Sky Shadow
5th March 2014, 11:54 PM
Once these are coloured, I think I'll love the look of this lot - the Technobots are my favourite Scramble City team.

Lord_Zed
8th March 2014, 12:49 AM
Wont someone think of the Terrorcons? :D

Hursticon
23rd March 2014, 05:16 PM
Wont someone think of the Terrorcons? :D

Still waiting on that bloody Like/Favourite button to be added! :D

autobreadticon
1st May 2014, 09:47 PM
new images of not-technobots

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-3rd-party-discussion/883088-maketoys-quantron-not-computron-155.html#post10961324

SuspectimusPrime
1st May 2014, 10:27 PM
Those designs look fantastic. I don't mind the big weapons that mount as external appendages as opposed to small weapons that are concealed during transformation; the weapons for FP's not-Stunticon's limb figures were too tiny!

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/attachments/transformers-3rd-party-discussion/27435663d1398937459-maketoys-quantron-not-computron-10286744_595824287181207_6628261045387418454_o.jpg
Pulled from the same Seibertron thread: http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/attachments/transformers-3rd-party-discussion/27435663d1398937459-maketoys-quantron-not-computron-10286744_595824287181207_6628261045387418454_o.jpg

autobreadticon
1st May 2014, 10:55 PM
The weapons ain't doing it for me, maybe I will get use to it

Lord_Zed
1st May 2014, 11:47 PM
I was wondering if the Maketoys Technobots were going to make their rumored release date this year, and maybe they will.

The designs look quite nice. At a glance the weapons seem an improvement over some of the Giant's separate guns, but It also depends on how they work when combined. Can't wait to see.

drahsrebu
2nd May 2014, 10:26 AM
Still waiting on that bloody Like/Favourite button to be added! :D

:D

CBratron
2nd May 2014, 10:46 AM
I'm not so keen on the clear energon weapons either. But the molds look solid and perhaps less fiddly than Intimidator. Time will tell.

ChlorHex
2nd May 2014, 12:35 PM
Strafe's the first TF combiner toy that I'd purchased with my own pocket money as a kid so seeing this updated version really makes we want this.
Would like to see a slight tilt downwards with the wing tips like the G1 toy.
That'll make this interpretation of Strafe perfect for me in jet mode.

Mythirax
2nd May 2014, 05:21 PM
Those look so awesome. So, so, awesome.

Sam
2nd May 2014, 06:40 PM
Don't mind if the weapons are bad as long as the figures are nice and solid. :)

Seraphim Prime
2nd May 2014, 07:11 PM
Wow! I was going to give this one a miss, but they look fantastic!

llamatron
3rd May 2014, 01:36 PM
Those look great. I try to avoid 3rd party combiners ($$$) but wow these are tempting.

Kapryiath
5th May 2014, 06:30 PM
i had decided i was over 3p combiners, but if this keeps looking good maybe i will have to snag it :s

Trent
5th May 2014, 09:14 PM
Just quietly:

Where are the damn preorders!!!!!!:mad::mad:

I'm keen for this incase you can't tell :o

Micktimus
6th May 2014, 01:14 PM
Guess I'll have to start saving up for this one, shaping up to be my biggest year yet for transformer collecting.

Hursticon
11th May 2014, 07:33 PM
I'm keen for this incase you can't tell :o

Really? - I thought it was quite subtle? :p

I'm with you dude, time to start saving the likely $300+ this lot is going to cost - Somewhere between ALL the MPs, Generations, Indy TF MPs... :eek::o

1AZRAEL1
11th May 2014, 10:14 PM
Looks nice. I want them if I can afford them.

But did anyone notice the G1 heads and the Powermaster?

Hursticon
11th May 2014, 10:17 PM
But did anyone notice the G1 heads and the Powermaster?

Yeah, there's Sharkies & that i-Gear Ratchet in the shot too. ;)

CBratron
21st May 2014, 05:54 PM
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5Oh-MPIQfxnUnJMLUJvOEp1STA/edit

A fantastic booklet with brief history of Maketoys, sneak peeks of Quantron and Utopia. Makes me wish I could get the printed catalog.

kaiden
21st May 2014, 06:31 PM
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5Oh-MPIQfxnUnJMLUJvOEp1STA/edit

A fantastic booklet with brief history of Maketoys, sneak peeks of Quantron and Utopia. Makes me wish I could get the printed catalog.

that was awesome.

Mythirax
21st May 2014, 06:53 PM
that was awesome.

Really awesome :D

Lord_Zed
21st May 2014, 06:53 PM
that was awesome.

Wow, I agree!

I can't wait till August and September now.

This does confirm however that their version of Metroplex will be significantly smaller than the official one at 40cm tall. Personally I think this is a good thing as it will make the toy easier to display and hopefully not suffer the floppiness issue that plagues the Hasbro toy. It also sets up a fine scale for a future Trypticon toy (at least as far as I'm concerned). I do dread the price though.

And as for Quantron, wow! Just wow.

autobreadticon
21st May 2014, 11:10 PM
http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/attachments/transformers-3rd-party-discussion/27440082d1400656218-maketoys-quantron-not-computron-p15-16_08.jpg

Damn the translucent weapons do work really well with the figure, I just hope some other picture reveal that the shoulder canons can be removed, shoulder disc can be moved, and the my fear the head is not to small is confirmed

CBratron
21st May 2014, 11:33 PM
Quantron's feet are very reminiscent of FP Intimidator's as is it's size. It may not mean anything.

SuspectimusPrime
21st May 2014, 11:49 PM
ATORASU!!! :eek:

SuspectimusPrime
21st May 2014, 11:54 PM
Quantron's feet are very reminiscent of FP Intimidator's as is it's size. It may not mean anything.

In the same spirit of possibilities, Celebritas' leg mode looks reminiscent of FP Last Chance's arm mode.

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/attachments/transformers-3rd-party-discussion/27380569d1375096776-fansproject-stunticons-menasor-aka-m3-intimidator-intimidator_arms.jpg
Via TFW: http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/attachments/transformers-3rd-party-discussion/27380569d1375096776-fansproject-stunticons-menasor-aka-m3-intimidator-intimidator_arms.jpg

kaiden
22nd May 2014, 12:17 AM
I originally passed on Giant (Devastator) and got TFC's Devastator but ended up getting FP's Menasor and MMC's Predaking. Jeez the the different scales are ruining me - I want to get Maketoy's Computron and Devastator now... :/

Is there anywhere cheaper than BBTS/TFSource's $380US for Giant?

ChlorHex
22nd May 2014, 12:43 AM
Wow... just wow :eek:
These 3P companies are doing a marvelous job.
The not-computron is a must have for me.

canofwhoopass_87
22nd May 2014, 01:13 AM
Looks alright, much better than the earlier pics. The head is too small though :p

Mythirax
22nd May 2014, 07:15 PM
Wow... just wow :eek:
These 3P companies are doing a marvelous job.
The not-computron is a must have for me.

Me too, I want so bad. But so much moolah!

Sky Shadow
22nd May 2014, 08:55 PM

Gesundheit.

Hursticon
22nd May 2014, 09:14 PM
Just thought I'd quickly check-in and leave these here for you guys. ;):)
(Sadly the site that I grabbed these from yesterday is down, a bugger as there were MANY more pics :()

http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Webpics/P15-16_08_zps4e321a58.jpg

http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Webpics/P15-16_011_zps636380c3.jpg http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Webpics/P15-16_021_zps8e80e551.jpg

http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Webpics/P17_04a_zpsce85795e.jpg

http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Webpics/P17_011_zpscca50ec7.jpg

http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Webpics/P17_08a_zps671a5792.jpg

http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Webpics/P17_051_zpsedaf1721.jpg

http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Webpics/P18_04a_zps4b38ef51.jpg

http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Webpics/P18_011_zps77220fbd.jpg

http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Webpics/P18_08a_zps1b963e47.jpg

http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Webpics/P18_051_zpsdaa3c491.jpg

http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Webpics/P19_081_zps03bc5e07.jpg

http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Webpics/P19_051_zpsecdc412c.jpg

http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Webpics/P19_091_zps0f44aee0.jpg

Tentatively slated for an August 2014 release.
To be sold as a Giftset (ala Giant/Giant Type-61).
Expected price to be akin to that of Giant, aka $250-$350.

Mythirax
22nd May 2014, 09:48 PM
Those are phenomenal :D

Sam
22nd May 2014, 10:12 PM
This is looking pretty good, and finally there's another Autobot combiner that's CHUG sized apart from Superion.

STL
22nd May 2014, 11:52 PM
This is looking pretty good, and finally there's another Autobot combiner that's CHUG sized apart from Superion.

U mean Uranus or FP Snowman. The latter comes closer but not perfect. The former tries really hard but is still pretty ordinary without the extra add on kit that TFC have milked.

This is awesome. Seeing these images yesterday was one of those "OMG I want that and want that now" moments I rarely get. This along with Metroplex will be some of the toys of the year!

fatbot
23rd May 2014, 03:37 PM
http://i370.photobucket.com/albums/oo146/fatbot/metro1_zps848aca9a.jpg (http://s370.photobucket.com/user/fatbot/media/metro1_zps848aca9a.jpg.html)
http://i370.photobucket.com/albums/oo146/fatbot/metro3_zps87ae075f.jpg (http://s370.photobucket.com/user/fatbot/media/metro3_zps87ae075f.jpg.html)
http://i370.photobucket.com/albums/oo146/fatbot/metro2_zpsc71c2372.jpg (http://s370.photobucket.com/user/fatbot/media/metro2_zpsc71c2372.jpg.html)
http://i370.photobucket.com/albums/oo146/fatbot/metro5_zps81292b0f.jpg (http://s370.photobucket.com/user/fatbot/media/metro5_zps81292b0f.jpg.html)

http://i370.photobucket.com/albums/oo146/fatbot/1964882_626532927432447_3106329075351304248_n_zps7 5613dbd.jpg (http://s370.photobucket.com/user/fatbot/media/1964882_626532927432447_3106329075351304248_n_zps7 5613dbd.jpg.html)

CBratron
23rd May 2014, 03:46 PM
edit: Damn. Ninja'd by Fatbot.

More Maketoys news. (http://maketoys.jp/products/pandinus/) The next Citybot after their Armageddon (Omega Supreme) add-on and Utopia (Metroplex) will be Pandinus (Scorponok). Only concept sketches so far. I don't think they've even started on a prototype yet.
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e175/cbrate/Teaser-MCB-03-04_zpsce71a349.jpg

Initial_G
23rd May 2014, 04:06 PM
can't wait til there's more details for Pandinus (Scorponok)

ChlorHex
23rd May 2014, 04:41 PM
Bl**dy h***!!!
I'm trying so hard to cut down on TFs but Maketoys have out done themselves.
I NEED to buy these things.
Argh.
This is absolutely crazy man.
My money... I can't hold onto it... Argh. .........

Mythirax
23rd May 2014, 04:57 PM
Bl**dy h***!!!
I'm trying so hard to cut down on TFs but Maketoys have out done themselves.
I NEED to buy these things.
Argh.
This is absolutely crazy man.
My money... I can't hold onto it... Argh. .........

It makes you feel like you work for Transformers... :D

Megatran
23rd May 2014, 05:21 PM
The words TOP SECRET on the top left hand corner of the image cracks me up. Either CBraton is a crack internet hacker or MakeToys security has more leaks than a sieve.

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e175/cbrate/Teaser-MCB-03-04_zpsce71a349.jpg

Hursticon
23rd May 2014, 06:58 PM
Concept images of a possible Dai Atlas named Atorasu?

http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Webpics/01-CCC-Ep1-Atorasu01_zpsc0ce43cb.jpg http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Webpics/03-CCC-Ep1-Atorasu03_zpse7720eae.jpg

http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Webpics/04-CCC-Ep1-Atorasu04_zps3ccb69ec.jpg

Trent
23rd May 2014, 07:14 PM
Less drawing, more injection moulding.

Hursticon
23rd May 2014, 07:39 PM
...and here's the other pictures of Quantron that I wasn't able to get yesterday :o:

http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Webpics/P15-16_03_zps1365720e.jpg

http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Webpics/P15-16_04_zps52ceb679.jpg

http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Webpics/P15-16_05_zps91b35731.jpg http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Webpics/P15-16_07_zps7c2d354c.jpg

http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Webpics/P15-16_06_zps03c625ba.jpg

http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Webpics/P17_02_zps45f6221e.jpg

http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Webpics/P17_03_zpsa15134e4.jpg http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Webpics/P17_04_zpsedf95eb7.jpg

http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Webpics/P17_06_zps5674d28f.jpg

http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Webpics/P17_08_zps3ec42def.jpg

http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Webpics/P17_07_zpsf921cd29.jpg

http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Webpics/P18_02_zps790c978f.jpg

http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Webpics/P18_04_zps37ff2410.jpg

http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Webpics/P18_03_zps34c18be3.jpg

http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Webpics/P18_06_zpsda21a6b9.jpg http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Webpics/P18_07_zps78e18e85.jpg

http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Webpics/P18_08_zpsd47b867c.jpg

http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Webpics/P19_06_zps09bf4d12.jpg

http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Webpics/P19_07_zpsac513ae8.jpg

CBratron
23rd May 2014, 07:40 PM
The words TOP SECRET on the top left hand corner of the image cracks me up. Either CBraton is a crack internet hacker or MakeToys security has more leaks than a sieve.

Be patient young grasshopper, for the mysteries of google-fu do not come easily.:D

Hursticon
23rd May 2014, 07:41 PM
Less drawing, more injection moulding.

They can take as much time as they need, dude, as I need as much time to save up for these bloody things as possible! - lol! :p:D

spiderken17
23rd May 2014, 08:24 PM
I. Am. Getting. (not) Computron.

Micktimus
23rd May 2014, 09:01 PM
Wow computron looks good, new display cabinet will have to be put on hold again.

gamblor916
23rd May 2014, 09:12 PM
That looks amazing. I wasn't sure about the clear orange parts but it works. Now to wait for pre-orders.

Tfiguy
23rd May 2014, 10:40 PM
Just thought I'd quickly check-in and leave these here for you guys. ;):)
(Sadly the site that I grabbed these from yesterday is down, a bugger as there were MANY more pics :()

http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Webpics/P15-16_08_zps4e321a58.jpg

http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Webpics/P15-16_011_zps636380c3.jpg http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Webpics/P15-16_021_zps8e80e551.jpg

http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Webpics/P17_04a_zpsce85795e.jpg

http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Webpics/P17_011_zpscca50ec7.jpg

http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Webpics/P17_08a_zps671a5792.jpg

http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Webpics/P17_051_zpsedaf1721.jpg

http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Webpics/P18_04a_zps4b38ef51.jpg

http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Webpics/P18_011_zps77220fbd.jpg

http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Webpics/P18_08a_zps1b963e47.jpg

http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Webpics/P18_051_zpsdaa3c491.jpg

http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Webpics/P19_081_zps03bc5e07.jpg

http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Webpics/P19_051_zpsecdc412c.jpg

http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Webpics/P19_091_zps0f44aee0.jpg

Tentatively slated for an August 2014 release.
To be sold as a Giftset (ala Giant/Giant Type-61).
Expected price to be akin to that of Giant, aka $250-$350.

Frothing over Computron...

SuspectimusPrime
24th May 2014, 04:11 PM

Concept images of a possible Dai Atlas named Atorasu?

*snip*

Sorry to be cryptic - Atorasu would be roughly Japanese Romaji (pronounciation) for Atlas (similar to how Deszaras is Deathsaurus).

kaiden
24th May 2014, 05:25 PM
This is probably the best combiner team ever made by any 3rd Party.

Each Autobot is so unique and looks good in both robot and alt mode - and look even more amazing in gestalt.

The weapons are all really cool and Scattershot's huge cannon can be used as a crossbow or giant bow. I was originally going to get Giant but decided I'd rather get their Computron.

So far I own, FP Superion, Bruticus & Menasor and TFC's Hercules and MMC's Predaking and this by far looks so much better - I would have liked to seen it in the larger scale.

Trent
24th May 2014, 05:33 PM
Just noticed that once again a MT/FP product has denied us a dedicated spot for faction symbols :(

Why do they torture us like this??

kaiden
24th May 2014, 11:44 PM
Just noticed that once again a MT/FP product has denied us a dedicated spot for faction symbols :(

Why do they torture us like this??

oh yeah I've been meaning to do that but haven't bought from reprolabels before. Should I go with clear faction symbols for 3P stuff?

Trent
25th May 2014, 10:07 AM
oh yeah I've been meaning to do that but haven't bought from reprolabels before. Should I go with clear faction symbols for 3P stuff?

Whatever tickles your fancy. I have a few different types and just see which will work best. But yeah, maybe clear for the Technobots.

VGMStudios
29th May 2014, 04:43 AM
Wow Hurtsi. Thanks for posting that. It looks fabulous! Love the tron style bike!!!!

Oberon Sexton
18th June 2014, 09:15 PM
Can anyone tell me how much Trash talk and Cogwheel pack costed when it first released? Was it about the same price we're seeing these days? Coz 50 bux for one tiny bot is kinda out of question.

STL
18th June 2014, 10:54 PM
Can anyone tell me how much Trash talk and Cogwheel pack costed when it first released? Was it about the same price we're seeing these days? Coz 50 bux for one tiny bot is kinda out of question.

It was $70. Don't know where it is $100 for the 2. BBTS maybe? Action Robo still has it for $70 I know for sure.

senzan
19th June 2014, 09:35 AM
Quantron looks phenomenal. I cannot wait to get this guy. Even the individual bots look amazing :eek:

Brilliant engineering too - such a simple, yet excellent, solution for eliminating the elbow gap plaguing 3p combiners lately.

VGMStudios
22nd June 2014, 04:45 AM
3p?

kaiden
22nd June 2014, 05:47 AM
3p?

3rd Party

Hursticon
22nd June 2014, 05:27 PM
3p?

:cool:

kaiden
25th June 2014, 03:33 AM
Computron preorders are up $400US release date August.

http://tfsource.com/make-toys/quantron/

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=MKT10016&mode=retail

1AZRAEL1
25th June 2014, 06:35 AM
BBTS says release date will be September. I think that seems more likely over August. Hope there is a cheaper source for this. Want it, but can't afford it just yet at that price.

VGMStudios
25th June 2014, 07:44 AM
I really want this guy but I don't have money for him. Sucks.
wish he wasn't so darn expensive.

Thanks for the explanation of 3p. Has it come to this were we are abbreviating "3rd party"?
Doesn't make to much sense to me.

SuspectimusPrime
25th June 2014, 10:12 AM
Pre-ordered.

I've been waiting for this guy since the initial pics came out. The price is slightly above what I was expecting - it's 10% more than the pre-shipping price for the full not-Menasor set (assuming it's a good measure as it's close to 1:1 in figure/parts count + level of quality).

Would still be looking out for RK, Chimungmung or eHobbybaseshop to see if they're any cheaper/same price but less shipping.

1AZRAEL1
25th June 2014, 10:18 AM
Would still be looking out for RK, Chimungmung or eHobbybaseshop to see if they're any cheaper/same price but less shipping.

I'm waiting for Chimungmung. I've used them for my last orders and was great. Shipping is fantasticly quick and his prices are way cheaper than most other stores.

Trent
25th June 2014, 11:42 AM
I'm waiting for Chimungmung. I've used them for my last orders and was great. Shipping is fantasticly quick and his prices are way cheaper than most other stores.

Depending on shipping I may so the same. I will more than likely have a few things in my POL at BBTS so it may work out cheaper that way.

And RK won't be getting this, or any MakeToys release for that matter. MakeToys doesn't like them.

kup
25th June 2014, 12:45 PM
I kind of wish this was broken up into 5 bots. Would have made it easier for a lot of people.