PDA

View Full Version : Captain America- The First Avenger Toys are out

Tallestblue
25th June 2011, 09:37 PM
Hey guys, at Toyworld at Australia Fair (In Queensland) I found the first series of Comic themed Captain america Toys. There's a regular Comic Cap, Ultimate Cap, WWII Ultimate Cap and Winter Soldier (which I snagged) all for the bargain price of 17.99 per figure. :mad:

KaRNiV8L PRiME
25th June 2011, 09:40 PM
I have seen captain America super hero squad pack a few weeks ago at toys r us also

Zippo
28th June 2011, 07:33 PM
Oh, thanks for the heads up.
Maybe they will be stocking Wave 2/3/4 by the time I arrive in August (somewhere in Brisbane) so I dont have to import and can look at paint apps.

Mechbiter
4th July 2011, 10:42 AM
Found them locally in Big W (Bendigo) for ~$16.64. I bought 2 Caps, will go back for the other 2 this week.

Fonecrusher
2nd August 2011, 03:43 PM
Saw these today at Big W there was a Winter Soldier, 2 Ultimate Caps and a Heavy Artillery Cap but unfortunately no Battlefield Caps which is the one figure I really want. Winter Soldier looks very nice, much better than the MU version, might pick him if I see him again.

Zippo
2nd August 2011, 04:58 PM
How much are they at Target.

Wish they would appear in New Zealand, but we didn't get Thor toys this year after the poor sales of Iron Man 2

Fonecrusher
2nd August 2011, 05:25 PM
Sorry my bad, meant Big W but I also saw them at Toys R'Us too. At Big W I think they were around the $12-13 mark and TRU had them for $18. Both just had Wave 1 stuff.

Mechbiter
3rd August 2011, 08:15 PM
I keep expecting to see them pop up in Target but no sign here yet. I'd expect them to be around $18. Our Big W has already sold out of all thier Cap figures. I'm kinda hoping they restock.

Zippo
3rd August 2011, 08:44 PM
Well, $12/$13 figures would make me purchase them if I see them on my travels (Battlefield Captain first) otherwise if they are more expensive, BBTS will get my $ (that is, if I don't spend it all on holiday)

Fonecrusher
4th August 2011, 01:21 PM
Picked up Battlefield Cap today at Toys R'Us and they just got the Deluxe Mission Packs in (no price tag up). I was gonna pick up the one and only Dark Threat Hydra Soldier they had but the QC was horrendous, he had white blotches of paint all over his legs. Despite this guy being kinda hard to find, I thought I would take my chances on ebay or BBTS and find a better painted one.

Zippo
4th August 2011, 01:46 PM
Sweet good news about the Deluxes arriving. I want that Hydra.

Fonecrusher
4th August 2011, 02:06 PM
Sweet good news about the Deluxes arriving. I want that Hydra.

Same here, partly why I was so pissed about the only one they had having such bad QC. :( I hope this at least means other stores with Cap stuff will also start getting in the Deluxe packs.

Zippo
4th August 2011, 02:14 PM
And here I was thinking that I wouldn't have much to hunt for while on my holiday in Australia!

Tallestblue
5th August 2011, 09:20 AM
just to clarify is Battlefield Cap the Movie version or is he the standard classic Captain America?

Meangreen
5th August 2011, 12:51 PM
just to clarify is Battlefield Cap the Movie version or is he the standard classic Captain America?

Battlefield Cap is a repaint of the WWII Ultimate Universe Captain America that was a SDCC exclusive a few years back. At least I think so, off the top of my head.

Fonecrusher
5th August 2011, 05:41 PM
^Yep your right, he's the one with the helmet, machine gun and different shaped shield.

Pretty cool figure if I do say so myself.

Zippo
7th August 2011, 12:57 PM
Wave one regular figures and deluxes at toys r us pacific fair. Decided to pick up the hydra soldiers since trying to get them cheap from bbts would mean getting a set or case with other unwanted items.

Mechbiter
8th August 2011, 10:20 AM
I didn't think the Hydra guys were in wave 1?

Fonecrusher
8th August 2011, 10:54 AM
They aren't, the 3 Caps and Bucky are first wave. Hydra are 2nd wave IIRC.

Zippo
8th August 2011, 01:40 PM
Sorry, its the deluxe Hydra that I saw and got
Basic Hydra solider in wave three and a variant in wave four.

Fonecrusher
8th August 2011, 10:49 PM
Check out the new Hot Toys 12" Cap figure WOW :eek:

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=901384&affiliate=toyark

Zippo
16th August 2011, 07:05 PM
On my travels of Australia, I saw all of the Wave 1 and the Deluxe Wave 2, picking up a couple of the Deluxe Hydra sets at $25. Bit expensive, but after seeing the other deluxes in person it was better paying more than buying a case and ending up with crap.

And no one loves Winter Soldier.

Mechbiter
17th August 2011, 12:56 AM
I don't think the kiddies know who he is.