PDA

View Full Version : FansProject Heart Master

1AZRAEL1
3rd July 2011, 04:28 PM
Link to Seibertron (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/new-images-of-fansproject-heart-master/22208/)

Appears to be a homage to Powermaster figures. I am iffy on this until I see colour pictures. Though it does look to have high articulation.

autobreadticon
3rd July 2011, 04:47 PM
Am i the only one who thinks this is a Roadbuster homage?

Hursticon
3rd July 2011, 04:56 PM
The 1st one is supposedly meant to be a homage to that pre-G1 Dreamwave Grimlock, I can't remember the specific name of that line of comics though sorry. :o
I can see Roadbuster in the sculpt though in certain areas. ;):)

For Posterity:

http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Webpics/1309667700_DSC_0169.jpg

http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Webpics/1309667703_DSC_0186.jpg

STL
3rd July 2011, 05:00 PM
Man, this will ROCK

And it was from War Within, my favourite comic series ever.

Hursticon
3rd July 2011, 05:09 PM
And it was from War Within, my favourite comic series ever.

That's the bloody name of it! :rolleyes:
Cheers STL, that was buggin' the hell out of me. :p

kup
3rd July 2011, 05:54 PM
I honestly don't see this as a homage to anyone. It looks to be a completely new character. The only thing resembling War Within Grimlock is the pipes coming out of the shoulder - Take that out and he doesn't really resemble any existing character.

This looks very good but I need to see colored pics. It also looks like in these promo pics, the waist is mistransformed. The pictures shown at Botcon had the waist secured in place.

Hursticon
3rd July 2011, 05:57 PM
This looks very good but I need to see colored pics. It also looks like in these promo pics, the waist is mistransformed. The pictures shown at Botcon had the waist secured in place.

You make a fair point Kup, if the colour scheme is good though I'll be more than happy to retcon him into the Hurstyverse. ;):D
With his waist, could it be that it is trying to show off it's articulation? - As that is a terribly Japanese Mecha pose right there. ;)

Tallestblue
3rd July 2011, 06:13 PM
Hmmm not sold on this guy yet.

now...if it were a Combining Dreadwind/Darkwing homage....

STL
3rd July 2011, 06:16 PM
You make a fair point Kup, if the colour scheme is good though I'll be more than happy to retcon him into the Hurstyverse. ;):D

I don't think it's a one-for-one replica of WW Grimlock but it's a very strong homage if you look at it in both modes. Much like Generations aren't straight G1, this very much fits taht molld of release that FP have been going for.

With his waist, could it be that it is trying to show off it's articulation? - As that is a terribly Japanese Mecha pose right there. ;)

Agreed, that was my thought too and I am very, very pleased with the that level of articulation. Awesome.

Lord_Zed
3rd July 2011, 07:11 PM
I dunno about Grimlock, the face is wrong and bits of the vehicle and the robot head, make it look more like Optimus to me. Sure hope not though, as there are enough Optimi around.

UltraMagnus
3rd July 2011, 07:23 PM
From what I understand, Fansproject will be releasing more new non-transformers toys in the coming months/years to avoid an issue with Hasbro.
Its not the infringing of copyright thats the issue, but the thousands of fans bitching about Hasbro.
Seriously, why? Fans need to compare City Commander with Kup, Blurr, Jazz or Tracks and see which is better. Fansproject have just filled a void for collectors. Them running a new line will be very different.

I like to give Credit where credit is due.... Fansproject Bruticus add-on is easily one of the best classics pieces I own. I love it.

Hursticon
3rd July 2011, 08:20 PM
From what I understand, Fansproject will be releasing more new non-transformers toys in the coming months/years to avoid an issue with Hasbro.

This is both exciting and great news as I have always hoped that they'd grow and become their own force. :)

Its not the infringing of copyright thats the issue, but the thousands of fans bitching about Hasbro.
Seriously, why? Fans need to compare City Commander with Kup, Blurr, Jazz or Tracks and see which is better. Fansproject have just filled a void for collectors. Them running a new line will be very different.

Unfortunately, because they tread on that invisible line I think they're always going to have people end up doing that as they've obviously missed the point of what FP were trying to do in the 1st place - Which is as you say dude: Filling Voids. :cool:

I look forward to seeing what they do with they're own line as they've demonstrated on a number of occasions that not only can they adapt to pre-existed engineering and designs and compliment them, they can also create incredibly awesome original designs/engineering. ;):cool:

I like to give Credit where credit is due.... Fansproject Bruticus add-on is easily one of the best classics pieces I own. I love it.

Dido. :)