PDA

View Full Version : Toys stores in the US

rocman12
3rd July 2011, 06:55 PM
Hi All, i'm off to the states in a month, besides the online toy stores, does anyone know any good toy shops i could visit in the following areas:
-Los Angeles/Anaheim
-San Fran
-Vegas
-NY City

loophole
3rd July 2011, 07:07 PM
theres a comic store in anaheim thats pretty cool and has quite a few toys/collectibles that may interest you, i cant remeber the name of the place but they had an optimus prime painted on the side of the building and a massive hulk statue in the store itself

UltraMarginal
3rd July 2011, 07:49 PM
WalMart, Target and Toys R us, in that order. if your looking for any DOTM stuff, it's soo cheap there, especially with the Aussie Dollar so high at the moment.
Walmart tends to be a little cheaper, just like Big W here.

On occasion you can come across a store that is throwing stuff out cheap that they haven't been able to move that saw very little if any exposure here which is also good.

griffin
3rd July 2011, 08:31 PM
Best to do internet searches of each of those chains (look up their website and go to their store locator page). As for smaller stores, try a google search... or go to where you are staying on the Google-Maps and then search for things like 'comics', 'toys', 'walmart', 'cheeseburgers'... um, sorry... and it will show you the nearest matching locations to that point on the map.

rocman12
4th July 2011, 11:49 AM
Thanks for your help guys! I was more after second hand dealers who have g1 stuff. Or maybe some Takara Masterpiece sets

griffin
4th July 2011, 12:01 PM
The google maps search for 'toys' should help with that.