PDA

View Full Version : Madman's Transformers: Victory

i_amtrunks
13th May 2008, 03:57 PM
Official Press Release:

MADMAN PRESENTS THE FINAL CHAPTER OF TRANSFORMERS GENERATION 1

TRANSFORMERS: VICTORY (http://www.madman.com.au/actions/catalogue.do?releaseId=9038&method=view) completes the trilogy of Japanese exclusive Transformers series’. Originally aired in Japan in 1989, Victory follows the events of the previously released HEADMASTERS (http://www.madman.com.au/actions/catalogue.do?releaseId=8932&method=view) and SUPER GOD MASTERFORCE (http://www.madman.com.au/actions/catalogue.do?releaseId=9037&method=view), which in turn directly continue from the original Transformers G1 cartoon!

Set in 2025 A.D., VICTORY introduces Star Saber, the mightiest Autobot warrior and greatest swordsman in the galaxy. The Decepticons continue to invade planets, so the Autobots and humans form the Space Defense Force, with Star Saber as its leader. Leading the Decepticons is Deathzaras, who has targeted Earth as the next planet to plunder.

Each Transformers set contains fan favourite special features such as character art, toy galleries, and exclusive cover artwork by the Transformers artists at IDW comics. VICTORY includes the rarely seen TRANSFORMERS: ZONE, the last ever episode of Generation 1. A MUST-HAVE for Transformers fans!

The pinnacle of the original Japanese series, VICTORY features fantastic animation and action that both Transformers and giant robot anime fans will enjoy. Now is the perfect time to discover the unique and amazing tales previously only told in Japan , a must for the army of Transformers fans looking to discover what happened next.

For more information on the unmissable range of Transformers DVDs, including the worlds-best TRANSFORMERS: GENERATION 1 COMPLETE COLLECTION, TRANSFORMERS THE MOVIE and BEAST WARS Seasons 1-3, plus our ultra cool Transformers apparel ranges, toys and statues, free downloads and more, visit the freshly updated Transformers minisite:

http://www.madman.com.au/transformers

TRANSFORMERS: VICTORY – DVD Specs and Features:

REGION FREE
English and Japanese Dialogue
4 disc set with all 32 episodes

Introductory booklet with episode guide
Includes RARE final Transformers episode: TRANSFORMERS: ZONE
All-new cover by IDW Transformers artist EJ Su
Toy gallery
Character art gallery
Japanese toy ads
Japanese toy catalogues
DVD ROM Content - the story continued in Manga

dirge
13th May 2008, 04:24 PM
Yay!

Kyle
13th May 2008, 04:28 PM
I went to JB Hi-Fi on Saturday to preorder this. The guy said it'll be out on 14th/15th and didn't ask for any deposit. I did have the Metrodome version but this would complete my Aussie TF DVD collection. Can't wait for the phone call to come~

Pulse
13th May 2008, 04:33 PM
I pre-ordered this 3 months ago... :o

kup
13th May 2008, 04:42 PM
Awesome! However I am pretty sure that it will be exactly the same as the Metrodome release in content but with updated DVD menus.

Paulbot
13th May 2008, 05:02 PM
One of the overseas TF news sites had a story about this being a Region-Free release too.

I was heading to JB tomorrow to get a copy, although I'm still only halfway through Masterforce.

Kyle
13th May 2008, 05:03 PM
Awesome! However I am pretty sure that it will be exactly the same as the Metrodome release in content but with updated DVD menus.

Thanks. That's good to know. I was selling my Metrodome sets (Headmaster, Masterforce and Victory) but never really have time to check whether the Aussie versions are different. Now I can sell the Metrodome ones with more peace of mind.

Kyle
13th May 2008, 05:24 PM
What timing! Just received a phone message from JB saying my Victory set has arrived~ :)

liegeprime
13th May 2008, 05:35 PM
nice I can go buy from JB then this sunday after the fair , after the meetup. :D

Kyle
13th May 2008, 08:02 PM
One of the overseas TF news sites had a story about this being a Region-Free release too.

I was heading to JB tomorrow to get a copy, although I'm still only halfway through Masterforce.

Just got mine from JB~ :)

I never noticed the Madman Headmasters and Masterforce were region-free as well. :eek: Very nice~ :)

roller
13th May 2008, 08:13 PM
someone in

WA must let me come over and watch Zone:D

the jap series dont interst me, is this Victory anime style or g1 animation style?

Kyle
13th May 2008, 08:20 PM
someone in

WA must let me come over and watch Zone:D

the jap series dont interst me, is this Victory anime style or g1 animation style?

Zone was supposed to be the 4th Japanese series (after Victory), introducing the Mircomasters and Japanese exclusive base robots. Only one episode was made for video release, with the rest of the story continuing in magazines.

Victory is in G1 animation style.

MV75
13th May 2008, 10:02 PM
$$$$$ How muchy? $$$$$
________
Grape ape marijuana strain (http://trichomes.org/marijuana-strains/grape-ape)

roller
13th May 2008, 11:17 PM
im guessing 50 dollarydo's

Tropisetron
13th May 2008, 11:20 PM
How is the video quality like?

I've seen some on youtube... but didn't really warrant my interest to get it if the quality is as bad....

STL
14th May 2008, 12:00 AM
I keep meaning to get the Metrodome version. From all accounts the translations are much better which is probably the most important part to me though the cover art does look pretty sweet.

Kyle
14th May 2008, 04:12 AM
$$$$$ How muchy? $$$$$

im guessing 50 dollarydo's

Yep, $49.98 from JB. I think it could be up to $60 from elsewhere.

How is the video quality like?

I've seen some on youtube... but didn't really warrant my interest to get it if the quality is as bad....

I keep meaning to get the Metrodome version. From all accounts the translations are much better which is probably the most important part to me though the cover art does look pretty sweet.

I really gotta find time to sit down and compare the 2 versions of the 3 boxsets... :/

i_amtrunks
14th May 2008, 10:26 AM
Yep, $49.98 from JB. I think it could be up to $60 from elsewhere.

I think Madman themselves are selling it for $59.99.

The Complete G1 collection from Madman is also region free.

roller
14th May 2008, 10:52 AM
jb hi fi are having a sale at the moment if thats any help

Paulbot
14th May 2008, 11:50 AM
The Recommend Retail of each set Headmasters/Masterforce/Victory has been $60 but JB has sold each at $50

FFN
14th May 2008, 02:51 PM
The Complete G1 collection from Madman is also region free. No it isn't. It says Region 4 right on the box.

kup
14th May 2008, 03:04 PM
No it isn't. It says Region 4 right on the box.

I have noticed that the case jacket/box isn't always accurate when it comes to region free discs. The best way to do it is to test it on a PC DVD drive.

i_amtrunks
14th May 2008, 03:49 PM
No it isn't. It says Region 4 right on the box.

hrmmm, well the Madman site says that it is all regions..
clicky (http://www.madman.com.au/actions/catalogue.do?releaseId=8075&method=view)

Format: DVD, All Regions (PAL)

Kyle
14th May 2008, 04:00 PM
I also have the individual Madman G1 volumes as well as the tin boxset (bought it for the tin box... :o). Have never opened the tin set to confirm whether the actual discs inside are identical to those of the individual volumes. But the discs in the individual volumes were definitely locked to region 4, they didn't play in a region 1 DVD drive.

i_amtrunks
14th May 2008, 04:02 PM
Yeah the individual G1 sets are most certainly region 4 only, same with the Beast Wars sets.

kurdt_the_goat
14th May 2008, 07:14 PM
Just thought i'd mention, you can get the UK/Metrodome set (all 3 in one box) if you don't already have it, on special for around $55 AU shipped from Amazon UK!
If i hadn't blown my budget on toys i'd be getting it!

dirge
14th May 2008, 09:22 PM
I grabbed the UK set a while ago - before Madman released Headmasters. Cost me about $90 shipped. It's nice, but for anyone who has Madman's Headmasters & Masterforce, a bit redundant now.

Sam
15th May 2008, 10:46 AM
Thanks to this thread I grabbed a copy of TF Victory from JB yesterday! :)

lcz128
16th May 2008, 10:04 PM
I just got my copy today! :D Victory was my personal favourite growing up! :D So yeah- it was an awesome treat to get it! :D Even better was that they had the continuation: Zone!!! :D That was the 1st time ever that I saw it (watched it with my bro who I grew up watching the same stuff :D) and so yeah- Zone was bizarre, but it was great to be able to watch it after all this time. There were MANY spelling errors throughout the episode, but damn- that was funny and good to watch after so long. :D Am looking forward to going back through the whole thing-

Have to say that one of my favourite things throughout watching headmasters to victory (I've yet to pick up a masterforce box set actually ^^; ) is the continuity between the series, like how god jinrai turns up in victory and the progression from there too :D
(Zone had LOTS of continuation - it kind of felt like just the next ep after the ending of Victory cause of the re-use of music and some of the hero theme songs :b All that said, I am looking forward to all the extras included too. :) Awesome work from madman for including all that stuff :D WOO!

1orion2many
16th May 2008, 11:00 PM
:(Sniffle, i'm broke:(.

kup
19th May 2008, 09:56 AM
I also have the Metrodome set and have seen it all. Its fantastic, I loved Masterforce and Victory (although at first I thought I wouldn't like Vic).

I thought getting the Madman releases was a bit redundant now that I have Metrodome as they appear to be very similar in content.

The one thing I wish Madman would release is Beast Wars II and Neo. I guess that after releasing all the Japanese G1 series, Japanese BW is a distinct possibility.

i_amtrunks
19th May 2008, 12:03 PM
The one thing I wish Madman would release is Beast Wars II and Neo. I guess that after releasing all the Japanese G1 series, Japanese BW is a distinct possibility.

As yet they do not have the rights, but they are looking into it. You arent the only one who hopes they get the rights, I'd love to watch a decent quality version of the cartoons.

Kyle
19th May 2008, 01:22 PM
Fingers crossed~

Tropisetron
20th May 2008, 12:43 AM
Got mine today at JB hifi for 50 bucks....

liegeprime
20th May 2008, 11:01 PM
Woohooo JB Hifi Blacktown Has it on Sale - got mine for $25 only!:D:D

Fungal Infection
22nd May 2008, 04:01 PM
Thanks to Liege I picked this up yesterday along with Headmasters and Masterforce at half price. Lucky too, cause as of today Victory is on the exceptions list of Madman items not discounted. So anyone yet to get this should check their local JB ASAP and snap it up if it is yet to be included on the exceptions list.

lcz128
22nd May 2008, 06:45 PM
Half price!??! damn... I don't have masterforce yet- Either of you willing to buy it then mail it to me here in Melbourne? :) (I'll put up cash up front if you want! :D)

STL
22nd May 2008, 10:20 PM
I went to JB HiFi today at the risk of seeming downright freaky to my friend, and chased up the guy about the deal. He knew absolutely nothing about it and made me look like a doofus. Can anyone confirm this sale as being beyond NSW.

Paulbot
22nd May 2008, 10:26 PM
I think Sifun can (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showpost.php?p=23452&postcount=237)

sifun
22nd May 2008, 10:43 PM
yup got it for 25 bucks. JB hifi in the city says in a big sign on top of the anime section.

STL
22nd May 2008, 11:06 PM
I'll try another one tmrw then. :(