PDA

View Full Version : Generation line continues! Sky Shadow + Junkheap!

KillinSpoon
5th July 2011, 05:51 PM
Courtesy of Seibertron;

Seibertron.com member Ominious Prime-Evil has sent us an e-mail with two new listings for the Generations line.

Black Shadow Listed as TRA DLX GEN BLCKSHAD upc 65356969552
Junkion listed as TRA DLX GEN JUNKION upc 65356969554

Price $11.88

These have been expected ever-since scans of the instructions for Generations Thunderwing and Reveal the Shield Wreck-Gar had surfaced which showed off their remolded parts.

Original post here (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/transformers-generations-listings-at-walmart-black-shadow-junkion/22229/).

In the main thread this is present;

However, take this with a grain of salt, since someone had once before pretended to be a member and given us made-up listings.

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/3189/12953570830011295345826.jpg

1AZRAEL1
5th July 2011, 05:54 PM
Been waiting for these. I was BS to help bolster the Con ranks on my shelves. And the Junkion will just be another addition to my junkions to make 3 :D

UltraMagnus
5th July 2011, 06:00 PM
I think the "$11.88" will be the part of the post Australians shouldnt get excited about. Expect $25 plus for the same toy

Current exchange rate suggests the toy should be $11 AUD.

I heard today will be RRP of $119HKD ($14 AUD)

Wave to include Warpath, Black Shadow, Junkion and 1 other.

Zippo
5th July 2011, 06:10 PM
Oh!! YAY for more Generations!

Jaisun
5th July 2011, 06:45 PM
Lol, I literally just got my last Gen figure today for a set, but these will be welcome additions =o) Aren't we supposed to be getting a mass release Skywarp aswell?

DELTAprime
5th July 2011, 07:09 PM
I think the "$11.88" will be the part of the post Australians shouldnt get excited about. Expect $25 plus for the same toy

Current exchange rate suggests the toy should be $11 AUD.

I heard today will be RRP of $119HKD ($14 AUD)

Wave to include Warpath, Black Shadow, Junkion and 1 other.

You know I'm so fed up with the service, or rather lack of service at Big W and Kmart I'm going to order a Deluxe Topspin and Voyager Shockwave from US eBay sellers. Even with postage they still come out cheaper than Hasbro Australia's price. I'd love to pay $11 for a Junkion, haven't seen Black Shadow yet so I'll reserve judgement.

tinyJazz
5th July 2011, 07:23 PM
So what's the likelihood of seeing these in Aus? Considering the fate of Universe Ratchet and Hot shot, and retailers like Big W no longer having Generations even in the computer system, seems unlikely to me. :/

Perhaps pfter the movie line dies down? If it ever dies? :D

Don't get me wrong though, can't wait for pics of these two! :p

Lol, I literally just got my last Gen figure today for a set, but these will be welcome additions =o) Aren't we supposed to be getting a mass release Skywarp aswell?

We already diiiid (http://www.tfu.info/2006/Decepticon/ClassicsSkywarp/skywarp.htm). ;_; A rerelease wouldn't hurt though!

Jaisun
5th July 2011, 08:00 PM
We already diiiid (http://www.tfu.info/2006/Decepticon/ClassicsSkywarp/skywarp.htm). ;_; A rerelease wouldn't hurt though!

I mean a proper stand-alone mass release, not the two pack. I read about it somewhere about 2-3 months ago as being part of Generations, but the line seems pretty up in the air at the moment...

griffin
5th July 2011, 09:04 PM
Generations was supposed to continue throughout the year, but I guess there is a 4-6 month pause while stores clear out their Movie stock.

i_amtrunks
5th July 2011, 10:18 PM
Generations was supposed to continue throughout the year, but I guess there is a 4-6 month pause while stores clear out their Movie stock.

Which may take some time, with the amount of wave 1 figures still on shelves now!

Good news that we may get generations on the shelves again (after christmas?) seeing how quickly most generations figures flew off the shelves (bar Darkmount).

5FDP
6th July 2011, 01:50 PM
I mean a proper stand-alone mass release, not the two pack. I read about it somewhere about 2-3 months ago as being part of Generations, but the line seems pretty up in the air at the moment...

Yeah, I read that too. I passed on the two-pack because I had no need / desire for Magnus so I'm hoping a separate release will eventuate (I heard approx. September '11). Skywarp is the only classics seeker I need.

1AZRAEL1
6th July 2011, 02:01 PM
I can't remember how I got my Skywarp, think I picked it up at a Parra Fair. Magnus I got from trunks a while back as well. I never saw the 2 pack at any store I went to.

I hope for a rerelease as well, would be good considering how much a pain he is to locate, I would buy another one just for kicks.

UltraMagnus
6th July 2011, 02:18 PM

Re-release is planned but Hasbro is doing some rejigging of the line.

Warpath, Black Shadow, Junkion amongst others will also be released in Japan I believe under the United umbrella.

1AZRAEL1
6th July 2011, 02:22 PM
Warpath, Black Shadow, Junkion amongst others will also be released in Japan I believe under the United umbrella.

Will Black Shadow and Junkion be released under Hasbro as well though?

UltraMagnus
7th July 2011, 10:55 AM
Will Black Shadow and Junkion be released under Hasbro as well though?

They will be released by Hasbro first (generations) then as united. I have heard they may be changing the name, but given the success of united, I highly doubt it.

1AZRAEL1
7th July 2011, 11:15 AM
They will be released by Hasbro first (generations) then as united. I have heard they may be changing the name, but given the success of united, I highly doubt it.

Awesome news. Can't wait to get my greedy little hands. Wonder if these new figures will be included with the Collection... :D

UltraMagnus
7th July 2011, 11:25 AM
Awesome news. Can't wait to get my greedy little hands. Wonder if these new figures will be included with the Collection... :D

Yes they will (as long as Hasbro are good to us).

Speaking of which... gotta finish it! HD and I are working like workhorses on this... gotta get it done!

1AZRAEL1
7th July 2011, 11:31 AM
Yes they will (as long as Hasbro are good to us).

Speaking of which... gotta finish it! HD and I are working like workhorses on this... gotta get it done!

*Squells like a school girl*

Cannot wait, I will buy the Hasbro release and the collections release. Can't wait to hear more from you guys on that.

Hursticon
7th July 2011, 01:32 PM
but I guess there is a 4-6 month pause while stores clear out their Movie stock.

Which may take some time, with the amount of wave 1 figures still on shelves now!

For those in the Illawarra, you may want to add another 6-8 months on top of that, or in the case of Uncle Pete's Toys - 7 additional years at full price... :rolleyes:

Whilst I'm not in any need of a Skywarp, as I bought that Magnus/Skywarp 2 pack when it was on-shelf :cool:, I am glad to hear that they're pushing on with Generations even though it's just a couple of retool/repaints. :)
I hope we hear some news of completely new molds in the not too distant future, but Black Shadow will be an excellent addition to the Decepticon Classicsverse ranks. ;):D

jaydisc
20th July 2011, 07:42 PM
Wave 9 assortment:

1 x Kup
2 x Wheeljack
1 x Warpath
2 x Blackshadow (retooling of thunderwing)
2 x Junkion (retooling of wreckgar)

Ships in Hong Kong in November.

Lint
20th July 2011, 08:11 PM
only 2 'new' molds this wave? dissapointing! Nah i'm chuffed that it's continuing as expected. :)

Any word as to whether this is the final wave? I can't remember if there were any more expected generations retools. I think this is he last of them.

Zippo
20th July 2011, 08:24 PM
Sounds like a revision case, featuring some old toys (like Kup - this is his 4th wave!), but good news on Generations continuing.

Any word on a Wave 10?

Krayt
20th July 2011, 09:36 PM
Scourge has a new head i don't think anyone's worked out yet, warpath has a hardhead-ish head, and perceptor is supposed to become Reflector

KaRNiV8L PRiME
20th July 2011, 09:47 PM
Scourge has a new head i don't think anyone's worked out yet, warpath has a hardhead-ish head, and perceptor is supposed to become Reflector

I love the custom Soundwave from the perceptor mold

Hursticon
20th July 2011, 09:50 PM

I think I remember seeing a pic of that and if my memory is correct, it looked really good too! :D
Very glad to here that the line is continuing as we thought it would but also with the harder to acquire end run figures - Really looking forward to grabbing BlackShadow and Junkion! :eek::cool:

KillinSpoon
20th July 2011, 10:22 PM

I think I remember seeing a pic of that and if my memory is correct, it looked really good too! :D
Very glad to here that the line is continuing as we thought it would but also with the harder to acquire end run figures - Really looking forward to grabbing BlackShadow and Junkion! :eek::cool:

You mean Jin's one?
http://www.angelfire.com/mech/jinsaotome/JinsDangerousToys/SoundwaveGen.html

Hursticon
20th July 2011, 10:24 PM
You mean Jin's one?
http://www.angelfire.com/mech/jinsaotome/JinsDangerousToys/SoundwaveGen.html

Hell yeah KS, that's damn the one! :eek::D:cool:

mentok27
20th July 2011, 10:50 PM
Scourge and kup have alt heads in instructions, leozack and gears by reconing but a few other names have been put to the faces. G2 primes head was odd... Could just be an awkward angle or a retool, either way im sure we'll get a scourge/nemesis or (cross fingers)toxitron eventually.

TFCC are doing SG drift and classics runamuck/runabout from a retool of generations wheeljack for there 2012 figs so judging by that I'd think 2012 botcon might make use of RTS/Generations molds as well....

5FDP
21st July 2011, 10:02 AM
A little disappointed with the assortment for this wave, but as others have said, I'm glad to see the line continuing. I would've loved to see Skywarp included.

Fonecrusher
22nd July 2011, 10:16 AM
There's a million custom Soundwaves from Perceptor now, it's almost like he's the unofficial remold for Soundwave lol, Hasbro should just take a hint! ;)

Robzy
22nd July 2011, 08:46 PM
Might pick up a Junkion, but that's all. Hope we get more characters in the near future...

kup
22nd July 2011, 09:00 PM
There's a million custom Soundwaves from Perceptor now, it's almost like he's the unofficial remold for Soundwave lol, Hasbro should just take a hint! ;)

I think that this will be the logical remold for a future wave.

Decepticon
23rd July 2011, 09:07 AM
Just looked at that Perceptor/Soundwave custom. Think I just wet myself!!!!!!!

Paulbot
23rd July 2011, 02:15 PM
There's pics of Sky Shadow and Junkheap on TFormers.com (http://tformers.com/transformers-sdcc-2011-hasbro-transformers-panel/16264/news.html)

griffin
23rd July 2011, 06:22 PM
Changed title to reflect names Hasbro gave at SDCC - Sky Shadow & Junkheap.

Defcon
23rd July 2011, 09:13 PM
These appear to be the last releases of the year for Generations. Im saying because on the promo images from SDCC it states this will the last wave of 2011. Hasbro must be focusing on Transformers Prime, and Generations will start up again next year? Hopefully Takara will just carry on and give us a few new releases in United.

griffin
23rd July 2011, 10:00 PM
I don't think they needed to mention that, as it's a November release, so there isn't any time left in the year for another wave after that. And they couldn't have the wave come out any earlier because the movie season would have been their primary focus from May to October.

liegeprime
23rd July 2011, 10:09 PM
Hmmm I wonder if Hasbro will release their own version of the Rumble/Frenzy 2 pack along with these?

autobreadticon
23rd July 2011, 10:42 PM
Really appreciate that Sky Shadow gets an additional mod to the chest piece faithful to the G1 toy, hope it gets released in the United line with a black glossy finish :)

jaydisc
24th July 2011, 07:29 PM
Hmmm I wonder if Hasbro will release their own version of the Rumble/Frenzy 2 pack along with these?

Definitely not, as Generations is only deluxes… unless they stick them in Cyberverse Commander packaging.