PDA

View Full Version : 2 Possible NEW DOTM Leader Class Figures

KaRNiV8L PRiME
20th July 2011, 10:04 PM
Good news for those of you who have been disappointed by the lack of Leader Class Decepticons in the Transformers Dark of the Moon toy line. The latest word from our anonymous inside sources indicates that two Decepticons will be joining the Leader Class ranks in early 2012. Drum roll please........

Making this third Leader Class appearance in the movie franchise toy line

•Megatron

and making his Leader Class debut

•Shockwave

SOURCE (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/rumor-upcoming-dark-of-the-moon-leader-class-releases/22379/)

KillinSpoon
20th July 2011, 10:21 PM
Eep. I hope this is true, but at the same time hope that it isn't.

VERT
20th July 2011, 10:21 PM
Well I dont know if I would bother with Shockwave after how pointless he was in the movie. But a Leader DOTM Megatron is welcome :D

Hursticon
20th July 2011, 10:22 PM
Think I just had a Nerd-gasm... :eek::eek::eek:

Jaisun
20th July 2011, 10:23 PM
Think I just had a Nerd-gasm... :eek::eek::eek:

+1

Gutsman Heavy
20th July 2011, 11:04 PM
Shockwave? What a waste.

Paulbot
20th July 2011, 11:09 PM
Megatron looks great on screen and a leader sized toy would be welcome. The voyager doesn't cut it alongside the Leader class Optimus and Sentinel.

Tetsuwan Convoy
20th July 2011, 11:31 PM
Megatron looks great on screen and a leader sized toy would be welcome. The voyager doesn't cut it alongside the Leader class Optimus and Sentinel.

Yeh, hopefully complete with chains and shotgun! Although we all know they are going to jam it full of crappy sounds, which will make it a large turd of a toy.

Just like all the other Leader Movie Megatrons...

Still, I would like to have a lookkee

kaiden
20th July 2011, 11:50 PM
hopefully they improve on the articulation on both figures as bother voyager toys had some disappointing limitations.

Jaisun
20th July 2011, 11:57 PM
hopefully they improve on the articulation on both figures as bother voyager toys had some disappointing limitations.

Agreed. I held off on Megs in the hopes of a future Leader, and although I was surprised they made SW a Voyager, I got him anyway assuming they based the class on his screen time. But I am looking forward to both, because whether SW was well-portrayed or not or got enough deserved screen time is irrelevant if it's great figure.

doublespy
21st July 2011, 01:04 AM
awesome. now they get a chance to put out a more screen accurate dotm megs at the leader scale. hope they get megs' proportion right as well. the head on the voyager one looks way too small without the poncho and arms too scrawny.

shockwave? since he didn'd even transform in the movie, i hope they come up with a better alt form. imagine the cybertrionian tank in the leader size would definitely be the rotf megs disaster all over again. no matter how cool the tank looks, the transformation is almost bound to be too simple for a leader toy imo.

Sharky
21st July 2011, 07:34 AM
they should come with interchangable parts.. and battle damage after they both had a little chat with prime..(or atleast come with prime knucleduster and axe....)

Fonecrusher
22nd July 2011, 12:17 PM
Personally I would of preferred a Soundwave Leader to recreate his battle with BB and also so Deluxe Lazerbeak can perch on his arm.:D

Tallestblue
24th July 2011, 10:35 AM
WOOOOHOOOO! About durn time Hasbro!!

sifun
24th July 2011, 11:29 AM
didn't see anything announced sdcc, so i'm guessing this wont happen

jaydisc
24th July 2011, 08:42 PM
Boy, I hope so. We finally have a Megatron with a decent alt mode, but no proper toy.

As for Shockwave, I'm with Gutsman…. what a waste.

loophole
24th July 2011, 08:58 PM
yes!! i knew to patient for a leader Megs, now do i wait for a black and purple recolour ;)

Bumbleb33
25th July 2011, 12:43 PM
didn't see anything announced sdcc, so i'm guessing this wont happen

True, but remeber 2009 when it was only unofficial word that alerted us to the possibility of a Leader SS and a year or so later we got him.

blackoptimus
25th July 2011, 03:56 PM
This is good news, but it's kinda retarded to bring these two guys in the line so late. They should have originally been introduced as wave one.

Jaisun
25th July 2011, 04:13 PM
What are people basing a (possible) Leader SW being a waste on? The fact he wasn't in the movie much, or because you already know the toy is crap? Transformers is a toyline above all else, so shouldn't the actual toy be pinnacle in determining if it's a waste or not? If we start judging toys on their screen presence (or vice versa), the point is being missed, and the only ones that really miss out are those that judge a potentially cool toy before giving it a look. But even basing it on screen presence, Skyhammer isn't even in the movie and is a pretty decent Voyager, so a Leader SW, who was in the movie, isn't exactly a waste (this is, of course, if they improve on the Voyager SW and not just super-size him).

Even though I've been there from the beginning as a kid, I'm not exactly a veteran collector (they lost me with the fluros in G2), but I know that when there's news of a new large (theoretically better detailed/engineered) figure of a fan favorite, it's supposed to be a good thing. If these two figures eventuate, it will basically be a Leader of each 'promo character' (the ones plastered everywhere at cinemas, toy sections etc). Meh, anyway, that's my rant over, it just confuses me to judge the unseen based on factors that should have little to no relevance.

Gutsman Heavy
25th July 2011, 08:41 PM
Movie based cybetronian toys are crap. Look like crap, turn into crap. As simple as that.

jaydisc
26th July 2011, 01:32 AM
Yup. What he said.

SharkyMcShark
26th July 2011, 01:59 AM
Except Protoform Starscream and Optimus.

Otherwise yes.

Gutsman Heavy
26th July 2011, 02:09 AM
Proto Prime did have an awesome bot mode, that alt though...

LordCyrusOmega
26th July 2011, 07:42 AM
Don't know about this. I'm happy with the voyager class already. Megatron would e good but Shockwave would be a repeat of ROTF Megatron.
Leader Class Soundwave would be much better.

Maxiewolf
26th July 2011, 08:41 AM
yes!! i knew to patient for a leader Megs, now do i wait for a black and purple recolour ;)

There needs to be a "Like" Function on here :p

Soooo stoked at a leader class megs. Ill actually be able to have a leader prime and megatron from the movie toyline AT the same time. never wasted the money on the other megatrons cos I hated the "alt mode" But this im really looking forward to! but whyyyyy 2012

Decepticon
26th July 2011, 08:46 AM
Movie based cybetronian toys are crap. Look like crap, turn into crap. As simple as that.

Have you ever been to Cybertron? You must expect them to look different coming from another planet. Deceptions coming to Earth probably refuse to choose an Earth alt mode as they probably think they are crap.

Decepticon
26th July 2011, 08:50 AM
Except Protoform Starscream and Optimus.

Otherwise yes.

Now THESE are the ones that turn into crap! I absolutely hate these two figures.

Shirokaze
26th July 2011, 12:36 PM
Have you ever been to Cybertron? You must expect them to look different coming from another planet. Deceptions coming to Earth probably refuse to choose an Earth alt mode as they probably think they are crap.

People hate on the Cybertronian movie modes because they all give off the vibe that not a lot of effort was put into creating an actual transformation. They are usually a case of folding a robot into something that remotely resembles a tank and calling it "Cybertronian Tank" and again for a "Cybertronian Jet".

kaiden
26th July 2011, 02:19 PM
People hate on the Cybertronian movie modes because they all give off the vibe that not a lot of effort was put into creating an actual transformation. They are usually a case of folding a robot into something that remotely resembles a tank and calling it "Cybertronian Tank" and again for a "Cybertronian Jet".

i wish hasbro had gone further with WFC. those were all cybertronian and some of the best designs ever.

I mostly wanted toys for warpath, jazz, shockwave, air raid, arcee and slipstream.

Gutsman Heavy
26th July 2011, 04:21 PM

There have been plenty of good cyb mode toys, just none from the movie-verse. WFC is a great example, G1 Cyclonus and Sweeps are also very nice. Or War Within and the IDW Cyb modes. Heaps are well done, and made very nice toys.

http://tformers.net/i/reviews/GD03amode1.jpg

VS.

http://tfcore.com/main/d/5227-1/Deluxe+Class+Decepticon+Starscream+_Movie+Preview_ +Protoform+Mode.png

No Contest.

Quickstrike
26th July 2011, 08:56 PM
The Voyager Megatron from Revenge of the Fallen rules. I wish this got released. (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Image:ROTF_UniteforUniverse_Megatron_toy.jpg)

JuzMel
27th July 2011, 10:50 AM
i wish hasbro had gone further with WFC. those were all cybertronian and some of the best designs ever.

Yeah me too. The WFC TFs had one of the best robot designs. Though in the new cartoon TF: Prime, the robots look pretty awesome as well.

Not sure that I need a DOTM Leader Shockwave, but would like Leader Megs as I kinda like that half covered sinister face with a cowl. Plus whenever there's a leader Prime, there will always be a leader Megs. They are like birds of a feather. :D

roberteeeee
27th July 2011, 08:49 PM
Agreed. I held off on Megs in the hopes of a future Leader, and although I was surprised they made SW a Voyager, I got him anyway assuming they based the class on his screen time. But I am looking forward to both, because whether SW was well-portrayed or not or got enough deserved screen time is irrelevant if it's great figure.

And here are the images for Shockwave leader class

http://www.sector70.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=27795&mpage=1

....Only Kidding but nicely done though ;-)