PDA

View Full Version : Android forum bug

bowspearer
22nd July 2011, 07:48 PM
Discovered a bug with the forum when trying to access it on my Android smartphone. When I try logging into the forum to access it, it appears to have accepted my password, but then loads up a logged out version of the forum. I can access other forums without this issue so there could be something in the forum coding.

Might be a handy thing to look into for board members who access the board on the go.

valkyrie_76
22nd July 2011, 08:41 PM
I haven't had a problem logging in on the android phone.

UltraMarginal
22nd July 2011, 08:43 PM
I'm not having any issues with that? though i can't see what i'm typing as i type it.im just using native browser though no third party apps.

kurdt_the_goat
22nd July 2011, 11:39 PM
I think Jaydisc has mentioned this problem to me before; watch the URL you're going to because if you switch between www. and no www. versions there's some scenario where you're logged into one and not the other.

bowspearer
23rd July 2011, 08:10 AM
I think Jaydisc has mentioned this problem to me before; watch the URL you're going to because if you switch between www. and no www. versions there's some scenario where you're logged into one and not the other.

Thanks for that Kurdt, that seems to have resolved it.

Sleeve
8th August 2011, 10:26 PM

+1. Used to do it on my laptop, and still does occasionally, but it's easily resolved with a URL fix.