PDA

View Full Version : TF: Prime S01E20 Partners

KaRNiV8L PRiME
24th July 2011, 12:40 PM
*SPOILERS*

Part 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZCp8Qvmgio)
Part 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfU3Smn4JiQ)

TFWiki (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Partners)

What a surprise. No Humans and the best Character (bot) driven episode yet! After the SDCC preview footage and this episode, I have restored faith in this series

Some Key Relationships were built on

Airachnid - Megatron
Airachnid - Starscream
Arcee - Airachnid
Arcee - Starscream
Starscream - Megatron

I am loving TF: Prime Starscream!

Tober
24th July 2011, 02:19 PM
Yeah, wasn't really till the end I noticed the absence of the kids (and parent). :)

Ah Starscream, you poor, wretched soul...

KillinSpoon
24th July 2011, 02:30 PM
This episode was really well done, the series is picking up!
Finally Starscream did what we have been wanting him to do all the long.

I found his trickery while fighting very smart and dirty. ;)

Great episode!

5FDP
25th July 2011, 09:23 AM
For some reason I can't seem to find this to download :confused:

KillinSpoon
25th July 2011, 09:45 AM
For some reason I can't seem to find this to download :confused:
*cough*
tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-prime-discussion/365036-transformers-prime-encodes-videos.html

5FDP
25th July 2011, 10:15 AM
Cheers dude :) There's been a bit of coughing going around this flu season. Better get that checked :p

Bartrim
25th July 2011, 05:54 PM
Probably the best episode of Prime so far to date. Like everyone here I liked the lack of humans and Starscream was portrayed beautifully. When he mistook who Arcee was talking about (Tailgate and Cliffjumper) I was laughing so hard.

"Who's Tailgate?":D

kaiden
25th July 2011, 08:13 PM
wow. i actually sat there and watched the whole episode. i couldn't even be distracted!

starscream was an absolute gem - so true to his nature i hope his voyager toy is awesome because he towers over arcee and black arachnia O_O

I like BA's various modes as well, spider mode and drill mode and hope they translate well to the toy but damn her copter mode is pure phail.

actually looking forward to the next episode now!

Firestorm
25th July 2011, 09:14 PM
Great Episode (once I actually found it)
I noticed pretty quickly that the kids weren’t around, and it was a pleasant change (even though I don’t find the kids that annoying personally)

Still not liking Airachnid as much as Blackarachnia, but she's growing on me

I was hoping Starscream would pal around with the Autobots a little longer (maybe till the end of season 1) before going solo, but when the episode started with Arcee swearing revenge on Cliff's killer I knew screamer wouldn’t be a bot for long

the fight between Arcee and Starscream was pretty cool, and having Bumblebee show up with that sad look on his face was a good way to end the fight (why does the silent one seem to have more character than some of the characters who can talk)

Anyone else notice that all the Autobots seemed to be scratched up from the start of the episode whilst the Dcepticons were all shiny and clean (except Airachnid's flying diamond of darkness mode which seems to have no detail)

Still wishing Soundwave would do more than stand around on the Nemesis, has he had a single fight during the whole series?

Looks like there’s gonna be another break now, wonder how long this one will be

King Atlas
25th July 2011, 11:44 PM
I really liked this episode. Some of the earlier episodes were not very good, so I hope this type quality continues. Not sure if I should go back and watch some of those skipped episodes :p

Gutsman Heavy
26th July 2011, 02:12 AM
The first genuinely good episode dense with character and plot development. I hope this is a sign of things to come, doubt it, but hope none the less.

The Fallen got mentioned, foreshadowing?

Cyberwing
26th July 2011, 06:34 PM
The first genuinely good episode dense with character and plot development. I hope this is a sign of things to come, doubt it, but hope none the less.

The Fallen got mentioned, foreshadowing?

The Fallen mention didn't seem much like foreshadowing but rather a reference.

Anyways I do agree with that opinion. At least it focused more on the 'bots and cons rather than the humans.

Tetsuwan Convoy
27th July 2011, 01:03 AM
Enjoyable. Now Airachnid's name makes more sense as well. The stealth chopper though.. Hmmm, wonder if it's based on a real vehicle?

Starscream was fantastic. I don't like Steve Blum's work so much, too many voices being the same, but he really impressed me with Stars in Prime.

Liked the Energon Seekers reference as well, I wonder now if Skywarp and buddies will show up?

So, when I first saw Airachnid, and she wasn't called Black Arachnia, I was disappointed. Now though I think I would be annoyed if she were, as the characters are (so far) quite different. What's evryone elses vews on that?

liegeprime
27th July 2011, 01:55 AM
I considered this Airachnid is a different character altogether after a few episodes of seeing her... she's unlike Blackarachnia of BW, BA wasn't bad in the first place - she just got re programmed but after a while her true self ( a good gal) came through. Though they've got the arachnid altform in common, Airachnid on the other hand is a bad girl through and through. Im really hoping she get a good toy, triple changer at that ... spider, bot and vehicle :):D...I just hope TFPrime doesn't end up like TFA wherein not all characters shown in the show gets a toy version... there's already quite only few bots in the cast as it is.

Gutsman Heavy
27th July 2011, 02:17 PM
The Fallen mention didn't seem much like foreshadowing but rather a reference.

Not in reference to direct plot, but makes me think its The Fallen in that promo.