PDA

View Full Version : I was hit by a car

roller
16th May 2008, 11:00 AM
man i was hit by a car

this is he 4th consecutive friday ive been late because of the bike, first 2 weeks the tyres popped, then last week the gears died

and now ive been hit by a car

Im not surre whos fault it was, das car was coming out ofthe shopping centre driveway and i was sure it stopped but then i got hit.

My front wheel is mangled and i just have a scratched hand.

The woman got my details and i got hers, then she said ' i dont know what to do in this situation' she asked how i was and then gave me 30 dollars for repairs.

Now, what im primarily concerned about is, will this type of thing go to court?

Her car got a small scratch and one of the side vents flew out of the car, to me it looked like it would just slot back in. I also left some blood on her car

Then she claimed shre couldnt see me cause of a hedge.

If this goes to court i want Tiby to be my lawyer:)

I hope she lets the matter drop and i dont have to pay for anything,the bike repairs are actually 50 dollars

i_amtrunks
16th May 2008, 11:10 AM
Glad to hear you only have a scratched hand, I guess the low speed limit in car parks helped you out a bit there.

I doubt it would go to court, the damage sounded minimal to say the least, if any repairs are needed to be done, the insurance company should work it all out.

I'm no longer sure about the rules, but pedestrians and cyclists used to always be in the right, no matter what, if a person suddenly ran out onto the street and was hit by a car, it was the drivers fault.

Pulse
16th May 2008, 11:11 AM
You're ok & She's ok - so that's the main thing.

She only gave you $30? (trying to buy you off, Ay :rolleyes:)

Did you give a fake name? :D

STL
16th May 2008, 11:27 AM
Glad to hear you're okay, man. It shouldn't go to court unless she is litigious (ie. righteous) b/c it'll cost her way more that way. If she has insurance, you should press her hard for damages as i_amtrunks points out, the law is on your side.

Kyle
16th May 2008, 11:28 AM
Let's start a "Give Roller a fake name" contest... :D

iceburn
16th May 2008, 11:33 AM
glad you're alright.
did you exchange details?

1. if there's a contact number, call her and let her know about the exact cost
2. ask your insurance to claim the exact cost i guess (minus the $30?)

since she admitted it's her fault that she didn't see you and situation is that she has a blind spot, so its truly her fault and you're not to be blamed.
for such matters, no court cases will be involved or necessary....

kup
16th May 2008, 12:08 PM
Good to hear that your injury was minor, sorry about the bike.

Chances are that you won't hear from this lady ever again as it sounds that she is accepting the blame. Court is highly unlikely as the court and the law will favor the pedestrian/bike rider as Trunks said.

Don't loose sleep over it but you will need a new bike wheel :)

Robzy
16th May 2008, 01:22 PM
Geez... that was lucky! Glad to hear you're okay as well!

This is, unfortunately, all too common. I had a mate who got hit at 2 in the morning, when he was riding his bike home from work. It was a hit and run (Prick:mad:)... he hit him from behind, sent my mate flying in the air, and he came down and landed on his front teeth!