PDA

View Full Version : Mortal Kombat Thread

SkyWarp91
26th July 2011, 10:48 PM
Considering that there is quite of few of us who love our fatalities and Mileenas and Scorpions I've decided to startup a thread that's all about MK, for MK lovers. A couple of threads regarding this franchise exist but they're just about certain events.

So in most recent views, the final episode of Legacy came out. I thought it was amazing, the series as a whole was satisfactory but I think the last episode should have been a closer where it merged all those individual storylines together.

KaRNiV8L PRiME
26th July 2011, 10:57 PM
i heard there is a second season that might do that

WIKI (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mortal_Kombat:_Legacy)

On April 9, 2011, Tancharoen revealed to Hadoken.net that both Liu Kang and Kung Lao would appear in a potential second season.[27] In a May 10, 2011 interview with Tancharoen, Movieweb revealed that Kabal and Goro are also planned for season 2.[27] Goro's brother, Durak, has been rumored to appear in the series.[28][29] Stunt coordinator Larnell Stovall also expressed interest in including Kenshi and Nightwolf in the second season.[30]
[edit]

5FDP
27th July 2011, 08:33 AM
I was very satisfied with MK Legacy. I thought it was an interesting take on all the characters giving them a sense of realism by explaining (for the most part) their real-world origins.

Apparently there were a lot of long-time fans that did not like the series simply because it strayed away from previously established mythology. They missed the point. Legacy was always about re-imagining the MK universe; that's why the Rebirth 'pilot' was so popular - it was different and fresh.

I have been a fan since the beginning and have all versions of MK for the SNES, PS1, PS2, and PS3 and I haven't felt this excited about MK since dropping a coin in the arcade machines.

Speaking of arcade machines, MKII was pretty much my sole source of income back in the early 90's. I used to hang-out at Zone 3 at Knox City Shopping Center (not sure if it's still there) because that was the only machine local that had fatalities enabled and we'd place bets on two player contests. Since I was unemployed at the time, I had nothing better to do than play the game when I wasn't sleeping :p Good times!

yoshi594
27th July 2011, 06:56 PM
Legacy was ok...

the last episode was only good cos they used the cgi models for cyrax and sektor from the latest game.

I dunno what to think about the series...it's meant to be "legacy" but wasn't the latest MK meant to reboot the series therefore the legacy series should have been based on that? if that's the case then the series has failed because it differs soo much from the story of the latest game.

But that aside, it had it's up and downs like most series would have. My favourites would have to be the johnny cage episode and the 2-part sub zero/scorpion episode (gotta love kazuya playing as scorpion! aka Ian anthony dale).

Worst episodes for me would have to be the mileena/kitana 2-part episodes. Baraka looked like crap (I guess all their budget went into perfectly displaying Sektor and Cyrax's MK9 designs), Mileena and Kitana not being identical twins, and the fact that most of the episode was a cartoon...

5FDP
27th July 2011, 09:33 PM
Baraka looked like crap

That would be my biggest disappointment as well. They completely strayed from what was set-up in Rebirth with Baraka being a failed plastic surgeon.

SkyWarp91
27th July 2011, 09:34 PM
That would be my biggest disappointment as well. They completely strayed from what was set-up in Rebirth with Baraka being a failed plastic surgeon.

Ugly people always get screwed over, even in Mortal Kombat :(

yoshi594
27th July 2011, 10:17 PM
Ugly people always get screwed over, even in Mortal Kombat :(

how will goro look like in season 2? will he be cgi or will they reuse the first mortal kombat movie's rendition of goro? or will they butcher him like they did with baraka?

5FDP
1st September 2011, 03:52 PM
MK Arcade Kollection has been released (not sure about here) and the initial opinions haven't been that great...

http://diehardgamefan.com/2011/08/30/10-thoughts-on-mortal-kombat-arcade-kollection-sony-ps3/
http://www.trmk.org/forums/showthread.php/24978-Problems-with-MKAK

This is really disappointing considering Ed Boon stated only days ago that it was an 'arcade perfect port'. Looks like I'll be sticking to my other versions... speaking of which, does anyone know much about MAME? I hear that's the closest version of MK available.

SkyWarp91
1st September 2011, 03:56 PM
MK Arcade Kollection has been released (not sure about here) and the initial opinions haven't been that great...

http://diehardgamefan.com/2011/08/30/10-thoughts-on-mortal-kombat-arcade-kollection-sony-ps3/

This is really disappointing considering Ed Boon stated only days ago that it was an 'arcade perfect port'. Looks like I'll be sticking to my other versions... speaking of which, does anyone know much about MAME? I hear that's the closest version of MK available.

MAME is like an emulator for arcade games, for the first 3 Mortal Kombats (including UMK3) they are basically rips which means you ARE running the arcade version. Arcade gaming enthusiasts can make full arcade machines using MAME as their core program (I used to be subscribed to someone on Youtube that made an MAME-based arcade machine dedicated to mortal Kombat)

Bartrim
1st September 2011, 04:38 PM

I don't really care. I'm totally captivated with MK9 and can't see myself going back to play other variations of the game.

gantz
1st September 2011, 04:51 PM
I recently picked up from my local CBS the Sub-Zero and Scorpion figures by Jakks :)

Gutsman Heavy
1st September 2011, 07:49 PM
MAME is like an emulator for arcade games, for the first 3 Mortal Kombats (including UMK3) they are basically rips which means you ARE running the arcade version. Arcade gaming enthusiasts can make full arcade machines using MAME as their core program (I used to be subs:cool:cribed to someone on Youtube that made an MAME-based arcade machine dedicated to mortal Kombat)

MAME rocks, but it is just an emulator and being a multiple hardware emulator means it does cheat (dropping frames, minor graphical omissions etc) You probably won't notice, few do, but it is the best bet short of buying an actual cabinet.

Burn
13th October 2011, 10:37 PM
Okay so what is the run down with Mortal Kombat?

Is it illegal to import? Is it just illegal to own?

Has anyone dealt with this place? (http://www.ozgameshop.com/ps3-games/mortal-kombat-game-ps3) If they're Australian based and I get it through them is it then legal for me to own it in Qld?

SkyWarp91
14th October 2011, 03:33 AM
Okay so what is the run down with Mortal Kombat?

Is it illegal to import? Is it just illegal to own?

Has anyone dealt with this place? (http://www.ozgameshop.com/ps3-games/mortal-kombat-game-ps3) If they're Australian based and I get it through them is it then legal for me to own it in Qld?

MK9 (the newest one) is banned in Australia. You could import it, but have to do it through certain stores/channels. Ask the folks over in the computer / pc gaming thread in this non-toy section that have this game how they got theirs.

Gutsman Heavy
14th October 2011, 04:28 PM
Illegal to import, legal to own. Got mine from ozgameshop.com, they are not local though, uk based.

Bartrim
14th October 2011, 05:08 PM
So what opponents do you guys have trouble beating? For some reason, no matter the difficulty I always struggle against Mileena, Quan Chi and Ermac... Oh and Shoa Kahn of course.

loophole
14th October 2011, 06:25 PM
So what opponents do you guys have trouble beating? For some reason, no matter the difficulty I always struggle against Mileena, Quan Chi and Ermac... Oh and Shoa Kahn of course.

I havent had much trouble with scorpion, but I have found with shoa kahn the best way to defeat him is with projectiles from a distance and dont give him a chance to fight back or teleport hit him a couple of times jump away and then repeat

5FDP
14th October 2011, 10:00 PM
Illegal to import, legal to own. Got mine from ozgameshop.com, they are not local though, uk based.

Just to add, it's illegal to own for WA residents. 360games is ozgameshop's sister site which is where I bought my copy from.

None, I'm just that good :D ;) :rolleyes:

On a slightly unrelated topic but still on-topic, a movie (http://www.trmk.org/news/25522/creator_of_mortal_kombat_legacy_to_develop_mk_movi e.html) has been green-lit after the success of Mortal Kombat: Legacy. I sure hope this gets the treatment it deserves.

Hursticon
14th October 2011, 10:03 PM
None, I'm just that good :D ;) :rolleyes:

I actually get the feeling there is some truth to those words ;), sadly I'm a damn shadow of my former Kombatant self. :o

On a slightly unrelated topic but still on topic, a movie (http://www.trmk.org/news/25522/creator_of_mortal_kombat_legacy_to_develop_mk_movi e.html) has been green-lit after the success of Mortal Kombat: Legacy. I sure hope this gets the treatment it deserves.

How F***ing awesome is that huh? :D:cool:

SkyWarp91
15th October 2011, 03:16 AM
Yeah let's hope that Warner don't butcher this greenlit movie by making it as patronising and corny as possible (though my guilty pleasures are watching both the old Mortal Kombat movies lol - 'Mother, you're alive!' 'Too bad! You will die!' XD

Bartrim
15th October 2011, 08:25 AM
I actually get the feeling there is some truth to those words ;), sadly I'm a damn shadow of my former Kombatant self. :o
:

Same. In high school I used to be that good that I would deliberately use Johnny Cage just to prove I could win with the worst character.

SkyWarp91
11th December 2011, 06:49 PM
So I've been quite absent from the boards recently, absent meaning not posting so much as usual because I have recently acquired a PS3 and have been playing heaps of Lego Batman and decided the next game to get is... ...MORTAL KOMBAT 9.

What site would my fellow kombatants recommend to getting this game, or shall I just use eBay which lists the game near $100, a price I would be willing to pay as I do love MK.

Thanks,

Skywarp.

Quickstrike
11th December 2011, 07:46 PM
28 bucks. (http://www.ozgameshop.com/ps3-games/mortal-kombat-game-ps3) OR maybe wait because they're probably releasing a version of the game with all of the downloadable characters and costumes soon.

5FDP
13th December 2011, 09:16 AM
@ SkyWarp91 - As Quickstrike mentioned, there will be a 'game of the year version' coming out Feb '12 with all downloadable content already on disc e.g. Klassic Kostumes, Freddy Krueger, Skarlet etc. You're better off waiting for a couple of months. You never know, it might actually be legal by then :eek:

5FDP
3rd January 2012, 11:01 PM
http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/9425/85605591.jpg

Gutsman Heavy
4th January 2012, 12:41 PM
I might re-buy if the price is right

Hursticon
4th January 2012, 01:41 PM
@5FDP: Sweet! :D

Jay-Tron
5th January 2012, 01:41 PM
The original arcade version of MK1 is still my favourite, although I always preferred the music from the PC version, it seemed to have more bass. Played to death the Sega Mega Drive MK2 game when I first got it. It was the first game I bought for the Mega Drive when I upgraded from the old Sega Master System back in the mid 90's. lol ahh memories :P

Hursticon
5th January 2012, 01:52 PM
The original arcade version of MK1 is still my favourite, although I always preverd the music from the PC version, it seemed to have more bass. Played to death the Sega Mega Drive MK2 game when I first got it. It was the first game I bought for the Mega Drive when I upgraded from the old Sega Master System back in the mid 90's. lol ahh memories :P

I hear you dude, I must've gone through about 3 controllers just trying to pull of Baraka's Fatalities... :p

SkyWarp91
5th January 2012, 09:58 PM
Well I ordered the standard edition from ozgameshop before I saw the post about the newer edition (I'll probably order that one too when it comes out), hoping that it'll come in time here before I go back to studying.

I ordered it on the 13th December, was told I would not get it in time for Christmas. Fair enough, but it's the 5th now and I'm hoping that Customs hasn't seized it. They better not have :mad::mad:

Time's running out and the longer it takes to get this game, the more likely I'm going to bicycle kick someone.

Gutsman Heavy
6th January 2012, 12:09 PM
I'm still awaiting on a copy I've ordered for someone too :/

Tetsuwan Convoy
6th January 2012, 10:15 PM
I think a lot of stuff has gotten stuck up in the christmas postal shenanagins. I have some stuff that got posted out on the 3rd (ish)of December which is only just beginning to show its face now.

Blasted Christmas too much work for a couple of days if you aske me.

On an MK note, I nabbed the Freddy Krueger DLC pack just coz I had 5 bucks hanging about on my US store account. He fits into the game quite nicely. Now I just have to work out how to get him into the Krypt Kollection thing...

5FDP
10th January 2012, 12:45 PM
I got my order from ozgameshop yesterday (Skyrim) which I ordered early December so packages are taking a while to arrive. I'm sure you'll get your copy of MK guys.

While I was waiting for my game to arrive, I decided to purchase the Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection which includes MK, MKII, and Ultimate MK3. For just under 15 bucks, it was well worth it. When it was initially released, the game was buggy as all hell, but with the release of patch 1.02, it plays very smoothly.

Accel
10th January 2012, 05:25 PM
Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition finally officially revealed

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2012/01/mortal-kombat-komplete-edition-announced-but-not-for-australia/

I didn't get the original so time to get this from ozgameshop :D

Quickstrike
10th January 2012, 11:13 PM
Syndicate was refused Classification?! Bloody hell. I was going to import it anyway but still.

SkyWarp91
11th January 2012, 12:37 AM
Finally got my copy, tried to get the DLC. Turns out we can't access it. Damn.

Ah well, looks like I'm going to get the Komplete Kollection too. Does anyone know when the Preorder will be available?

Quickstrike
11th January 2012, 01:54 AM
Xbox or PS3? If it's the Xbox version you just have to make a UK Live account to download everything (you will need UK MS points to buy stuff) then you can play it on your Australian account like normal. Easy peasy. I don't know if it's as easy on the PS3 version because I don't have one!

5FDP
11th January 2012, 09:07 AM
Here's (http://www.trmk.org/forums/showthread.php/15189-MK-Australia-Banning-Discussion?p=369734&viewfull=1#post369734) a guide on getting DLC for PS3. Hope that helps.

For anyone interested, I might be selling a copy of MK. It's brand new and never used. I'm only offering it to Sydney residents though as I am unwilling to ship it across the country.

Accel
11th January 2012, 11:57 AM
Here's (http://www.trmk.org/forums/showthread.php/15189-MK-Australia-Banning-Discussion?p=369734&viewfull=1#post369734) a guide on getting DLC for PS3. Hope that helps.

For anyone interested, I might be selling a copy of MK. It's brand new and never used. I'm only offering it to Sydney residents though as I am unwilling to ship it across the country.

what if we pay for a CD labeling kit and an unrelated DVD case for it? ;D

SkyWarp91
11th January 2012, 12:28 PM

THanks man, but does DLC cost money? I only found this out the other day as I don't really get DLC at all, if so I might as well just wait for the Komplete Edition to come out

Gutsman Heavy
11th January 2012, 12:42 PM
Yes DLC costs money.

5FDP
11th January 2012, 12:49 PM
what if we pay for a CD labeling kit and an unrelated DVD case for it? ;D

Lemme think about it.... ahhhh, no :p

THanks man, but does DLC cost money? I only found this out the other day as I don't really get DLC at all, if so I might as well just wait for the Komplete Edition to come out

DLC does cost money because it's new content. Alternate costumes were selling on eBay when the game was first released for more than $100 because these were retailer exclusives. Fortunately the developers have made these available as DLC for a lot less.

The benefit of buying the Komplete Edition is that they're all on disc instead of saved to your hard drive.

SkyWarp91
13th January 2012, 02:44 AM
Shame that DLC costs money but oh well, can't get everything you want lol

Well I finally got time to sit down and play MK and well, as I never paid huge attention to any Youtube videos or gameplay footage of this game before I bought it I am really impressed with it. I love the story-mode, so good but since I've been out of Mk for so long I've really lost touch with my moves!

Looks like it's time to get back into the game!

5FDP
13th January 2012, 10:33 AM
MK9 is an awesome game and has won many 'fighting game of the year' awards.

On a side note, I'm going to be posting pictures of my Mortal Kombat collection soon. Watch this space :D

Bartrim
13th January 2012, 12:35 PM
MK9 is an awesome game and has won many 'fighting game of the year' awards.

On a side note, I'm going to be posting pictures of my Mortal Kombat collection soon. Watch this space :D

Ooh I can't wait. Since getting MK9 I've been getting back into it. Reading alot of stuff on the wiki etc. Not really collecting anything as I'm poor though.

Gutsman Heavy
13th January 2012, 05:26 PM
Funny that a fighting game would have such a rich mythology.

Hursticon
14th January 2012, 11:48 AM

Ooh I can't wait.

Neither can I man, I'm very intrigued to see what items may lie within - Especially if 5FDP's TF Comic and figure collection is anything to go by. ;):D

I think that was a major contributing factor for me with the game as I had it explained to me by a mate, way back in year 1 :p, and it just sounded awesome and then when I actually got to see the game...

Well, the rest is history. :D:cool:

SkyWarp91
15th January 2012, 05:48 PM
Finished the Story Mode, damn Sindel whooped so much ass.

As for the last stage, damn I hate Shao Kahn.

Is there anything worthy of unlocking in the Krypt apart from Alt costumes?

Quickstrike
15th January 2012, 07:20 PM
Nah, the rest of it is concept art and stuff you can just look up online. Fatalities and Kombat Kodes and such.

5FDP
16th January 2012, 10:07 AM
Neither can I man, I'm very intrigued to see what items may lie within - Especially if 5FDP's TF Comic and figure collection is anything to go by. ;):D

Geez, talk about pressure :o :p

Just in the process of digging everything up and taking photos. I have more stuff than I first thought :D

5FDP
18th January 2012, 08:33 AM
Pictures of my Mortal Kombat collection here (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?p=281861#post281861). It's all I could find for now (I'm sure I have some collector cards as well) but I'll add to it if I find more stuff.

Slag
18th January 2012, 05:03 PM

For me , It's similar to my transformer addiction. I remember all the older kids down the video shop kicking my ass on SF2. When MK came down ( i was at that impressionable age) and i saw Raiden blow someones head off (Guile and his Golden Stance, Who gives a $#!+), I knew I had to get good at this game. Sure enough, a few hundred dollar coins later, I was burning ,ripping and knocking off double heads from all the challengers.... best damn days of my life.. Same with number 2. Lost a bit of interest in MK3..... Then MK9. wtf. although my only criticism is some of the endings.
John Cage, a god!. (not to me:mad:) . lui kang, bad?:confused: . Raiden, a pansy?:(. Sheeva, Australia??? by boat no less. Good luck!

O.G. Scorpion all the way!. It's a tragic story and i really feel for the guy..
F*&^ing lin kuei...

Hursticon
18th January 2012, 08:05 PM
O.G. Scorpion all the way!. It's a tragic story and i really feel for the guy..
F*&^ing lin kuei...

Totally agree here man. :D

As a kid, we had there Arcade cabinets and man did they get an absolute flogging! :eek:
I wasn't afforded pocket money often as a kid, wheat little I did get went on trying to acquire 2nd hand TFs :o, but man I enjoyed watching the older blokes destroy each other from MK I to 3. :)

It made it all the more enjoyable when me and my mate hired them for his Megadrive and we'd go gang busters but man were so many controllers replaced due to those bloody Fatalities! :p
MK I was fine, MK II was a mongrel and 3? - forget about it!, 1 button fatality codes FTW! :p:D

Slag
18th January 2012, 08:25 PM
Totally agree here man. :D

As a kid, we had there Arcade cabinets and man did they get an absolute flogging! :eek:
I wasn't afforded pocket money often as a kid, wheat little I did get went on trying to acquire 2nd hand TFs :o, but man I enjoyed watching the older blokes destroy each other from MK I to 3. :)

It made it all the more enjoyable when me and my mate hired them for his Megadrive and we'd go gang busters but man were so many controllers replaced due to those bloody Fatalities! :p
MK I was fine, MK II was a mongrel and 3? - forget about it!, 1 button fatality codes FTW! :p:D

They were the days:D:D (staying up all night to play video games) I had nintendo so our fatalities were a little more.... umm... extremely lame:( but still.. I find MK9 is great when your having a good night But really frustrating if your just a bit off. (especially when my mates go into button mashing mode:mad:) Some nights unstoppable. some nights.. not so much

are there any such codes for mk9??

Gutsman Heavy
18th January 2012, 10:38 PM
Not that I know of, but I've found the fatalities to be rather forgiving, hell I can even pull them off when I've been drinking (most of the time :p)

Slag
19th January 2012, 05:09 PM
Not that I know of, but I've found the fatalities to be rather forgiving, hell I can even pull them off when I've been drinking (most of the time :p)

Ha. A bit of a drink probably helps... Loosens up the digits and reduces stage fright at that critical moment , Nice, natural, fluid movement.. Now <>>< Y and drive them into the ground and kick their head off!! (not the right combo for that fatality (no down arrow key) but you get the idea).

SkyWarp91
3rd February 2012, 03:50 AM
So, anyone got MK: Komplete Edition on Pre-Order?

I'm getting it.

5FDP
3rd February 2012, 09:52 AM
So, anyone got MK: Komplete Edition on Pre-Order?

I'm getting it.

I'm thinking about it and most online stores have it cheap. Depends if I sell-off my spare copy of MK9 as well; I don't really need 3 copies of pretty much the same game.

SkyWarp91
5th February 2012, 06:48 PM
Steam has Mortal Kombat Arcade Collection for <$10. But requires 3GB HD space and Windows Vista?

B!tch I have MAME :D:D:D

Hursticon
6th February 2012, 02:23 AM
Steam has Mortal Kombat Arcade Collection for <$10. But requires 3GB HD space and Windows Vista?

Umm... What!?! :confused:

SkyWarp91
6th February 2012, 06:03 AM
Umm... What!?! :confused:

Apparently that's the case with this Arcade Collection on Steam, those are the MINIMUM Requirements.

Didn't know adding on a background card for widescreen monitors and online multiplayer was worth that amount of resources!!!

Hursticon
6th February 2012, 04:14 PM
Didn't know adding on a background card for widescreen monitors and online multiplayer was worth that amount of resources!!!

Exactly! - That's just simply absurd; whoever is doing their ports is bloating the hell out of them and really needs to go back to the books and learn a thing or 2. :rolleyes:
(Seriously, how do you go from a 20Mb ROM to a 3Gb ROM!?! :confused:)

Gutsman Heavy
6th February 2012, 06:58 PM
Some of it would have to do with them now running in 720/1080p as opposed to 320x240 or what ever the original ran in.

5FDP
6th February 2012, 07:39 PM
The Arcade Kollection was originally to be the HD Arcade Kollection however the project never fully got off the ground. There are a couple of improvements that were left in, such as the monks clapping in MK1 (courtyard), which was re-recorded for the game.

Quickstrike
6th February 2012, 09:09 PM
It must be a mistake. The Xbox version is 200mb or something.

SkyWarp91
7th February 2012, 03:57 AM
It must be a mistake. The Xbox version is 200mb or something.

Maybe something to do with Steam-software? I dunno.

But check here (http://store.steampowered.com/app/205350) for the spec requirements.

5FDP
13th February 2012, 03:18 PM
There are some new figures being released by Jazwares that were recently shown at the 2012 Toy Fair. Click here (http://i.toynewsi.com/g/index.php?mode=album&album=2012_Toy_Fair%2FJazwares&dispsize=800&start=0) for images.

Of note, Quan Chi is finally getting a toy, and the 20th anniversary 3-pack for Scorpion and Sub-Zero which includes a new mold for each. Goro and Shao Kahn are also receiving updated figures.

Glad to see that they're continuing with the MK brand as they have done it justice when compared to Hasbro's attempts back in the 90's.

SkyWarp91
13th February 2012, 03:56 PM
Damn I can't wait for those new toys to come out, so want a Shao Kahn, Goro and the ninjas through time set.

Hursticon
14th February 2012, 12:30 PM
@5FDP: ARGH!!! - This devalues my SDCC Exclusive Goro, this is the worst thing to ever hit the fandom!!! :mad:... :p:D

This is excellent news :cool:, especially for those who weren't able to get a hold of a Goro figure (I missed out on the Kintaro figure :o) and I'm glad that there are many more figures on their way too :D - But having cardboard cut outs on the packages is a damn cop-out though. :confused::rolleyes:

I'm very much intrigued by those 20th Anniversary Sub-Zero & Scorpion box-sets too, very interested indeed. :eek::cool:

SkyWarp91
25th February 2012, 01:46 PM
Got Mortal Kombat, Mortal Kombat: Annihilation and Mortal Kombat Legacy on Blu-Ray recently through Amazon. Mortal Kombat on Blu-Ray was just AMAZING, though it makes some of the special effects really stand out as a 90's film (for e.g. Scorpion's CGI spear and how it is digitally added is MUCH MORE obvious than on VHS). I won't say anything for Annihlation but as for Legacy, I'm disappointed it didn't include Rebirth on it since that was the inspiring short-film for the series.

5FDP
25th February 2012, 09:50 PM
I won't say anything for Annihlation but as for Legacy, I'm disappointed it didn't include Rebirth on it since that was the inspiring short-film for the series.

I agree with you but I can also understand why it's not included because it would clash with the Legacy plot-line e.g. Baraka being a failed plastic surgeon as opposed to being a Tarkatan warrior.

5FDP
27th February 2012, 11:50 AM
Mortal Kombat - Komplete Edition (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jn3VT5w1XJU) now released! Good luck importing it.

SkyWarp91
14th March 2012, 06:22 PM
Today I received my two copies of Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition AND a figure of Raiden. And Adelaide starts to have thundershowers. Jeez Raiden keep your powers in the fictional world :rolleyes:

Hursticon
14th March 2012, 11:34 PM
Today I received my two copies of Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition AND a figure of Raiden. And Adelaide starts to have thundershowers. Jeez Raiden keep your powers in the fictional world :rolleyes:

I saw that storm via the BOM - Damn! :eek:
Congrats on the acquisitions dude, many hurdles in obtaining such jewels? ;)

SkyWarp91
15th March 2012, 04:43 AM
I saw that storm via the BOM - Damn! :eek:
Congrats on the acquisitions dude, many hurdles in obtaining such jewels? ;)

Nope, all went well :)

5FDP
15th March 2012, 10:30 AM
Congrats SkyWarp91. Makes me think if they even care anymore with the impending introduction of an R rating for games... not that I had any troubles getting my copy through a year ago. Would love to hear your thoughts on the game after you have given it a play-through.

SkyWarp91
28th March 2012, 03:37 PM
http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff245/gc_xiahou_nguyen/mortal-kombat-friends.jpg

Gutsman Heavy
28th March 2012, 09:32 PM
to awesome!

5FDP
29th March 2012, 08:43 AM
HA! That's great :D

Someone sent me this pic yesterday...

http://bleedingedgegaming.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/mortal-kombat-band.jpg

Bartrim
29th March 2012, 10:15 AM
So thats what they do when they aren't fighting:D

SkyWarp91
29th March 2012, 10:16 PM
LOL who knew Reptile was so vocal haha.

I was on a MK fansite and spotted this out-of-place ad LOL

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff245/gc_xiahou_nguyen/mkfanstiefail.jpg

SkyWarp91
13th April 2012, 01:51 AM
So my brother started playing MK9 : Komplete Edition (I haven't even opened my copies yet) and he says that the new characters are very easy to use, Rain and Freddy especially with their apparently overpowered moves (he was able to beat Shao Kahn in arcade mode without losing a single round on his first try).

SkyWarp91
13th April 2012, 01:51 AM
So my brother started playing MK9 : Komplete Edition (I haven't even opened my copies yet) and he says that the new characters are very easy to use, Rain and Freddy especially with their apparently overpowered moves (he was able to beat Shao Kahn in arcade mode without losing a single round on his first try as Freddy who has superfast attacks).

5FDP
13th April 2012, 01:58 PM
That's impressive. Tell him to have a crack at the Challenge Tower and see if he can go all the way to 300. It's been done a couple (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3G4g5uL1ars&feature=player_embedded) of times (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxiZOtzwXQU&annotation_id=annotation_380264&src_vid=3G4g5uL1ars&feature=iv) and by the same guy. Not even I can do that :o

Bartrim
13th April 2012, 03:22 PM
That's impressive. Tell him to have a crack at the Challenge Tower and see if he can go all the way to 300. It's been done a couple (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3G4g5uL1ars&feature=player_embedded) of times (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxiZOtzwXQU&annotation_id=annotation_380264&src_vid=3G4g5uL1ars&feature=iv) and by the same guy. Not even I can do that :o

I haven't gone back to the challenge tower in a while. I think I'm up to around 140-145. I'd have to find some way to get UFC undisputed 3 out of my PS3 first however:o

SkyWarp91
27th April 2012, 02:53 PM
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/images/products/in/large/SYC10012.jpg

Sonya is now an exclusive at BBTS (http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=SYC10012&mode=retail&picture=in), there's something about her in this model that I really like!

KalEl
29th April 2012, 05:33 PM
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/images/products/in/large/SYC10012.jpg

Sonya is now an exclusive at BBTS (http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=SYC10012&mode=retail&picture=in), there's something about her in this model that I really like!

;)

5FDP
30th April 2012, 10:36 AM
Give me Kitana (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wR64EVy6JDU) over Sonia any day.

SkyWarp91
30th April 2012, 11:39 AM
That video... oh man Sonya is so tight.... .oh....

Hursticon
30th April 2012, 12:42 PM
Give me Kitana (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wR64EVy6JDU) over Sonia any day.

Yep, have to agree with 5FDP on that one. :cool::D

5FDP
29th May 2012, 03:11 PM
GameSpot's Mortal Kombat 20th Anniversary Retrospective (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32szzRbFYKE)

Provides a good background story into the creation of the first Mortal Kombat game. Enjoy!

SkyWarp91
31st May 2012, 11:20 PM
COOLEST MK SCENE EVER: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RLq37t-uCI

Gutsman Heavy
31st May 2012, 11:58 PM
And it was all a bad dream.

If it got another season, otherwise a badass ending :)

5FDP
1st June 2012, 10:36 AM
I actually like Conquest :o I'll admit though, it has a lot to do with the female cast :D

Hursticon
6th June 2012, 04:32 PM
I actually like Conquest :o I'll admit though, it has a lot to do with the female cast :D

Agreed! :D

SkyWarp91
6th June 2012, 08:11 PM

+1

Angelica Bridges, oh man she makes my anatomy turn Jax-arm-hard.

But I do love Bruce Locke and Jeffrey Meek for their awesome acting. Gotta love Shang Tsung, Raiden and Shao Kahn in this series. I really despised the 'heroes' though, bunch of useless twats.

SkyWarp91
22nd August 2012, 02:35 PM
So I got that new 7-inch Shao Kahn figure today and er... why is his nipples black and he looks sad as opposed to menacing?!!??

Gutsman Heavy
22nd August 2012, 08:25 PM
Because Jazwares

Hursticon
22nd August 2012, 09:06 PM
Because Jazwares

Yep, sadly I have to agree. :(
They should never of been re-handed the license. :rolleyes::mad:

SkyWarp91
23rd August 2012, 02:41 AM
Because Jazwares

Yep, sadly I have to agree. :(
They should never of been re-handed the license. :rolleyes::mad:

It's like as if they went OUT of their way to give Shao Kahn nipples and make him look sad. Well if I get time this weekend I might do a paint up job on good ol Kahn.

5FDP
23rd August 2012, 09:56 AM
Yeah, figures by Jazwares are pretty hit and miss but having said that few toy companies before them have done MK justice.

gantz
23rd August 2012, 10:55 AM
And they were given the Street Fighter license too!

From greats like SOTA to bottom of the barrel.

5FDP
4th December 2012, 08:18 AM
Nothing is sacred anymore :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWsBIQicYtE

SkyWarp91
4th December 2012, 10:28 AM
Nothing is sacred anymore :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWsBIQicYtE

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UU :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Kazza
5th December 2012, 11:32 AM
Bah...there will be more gangnam style of other things, anyways I'm just looking forward and hoping that the Mortal Kombat game which was banned will be released as R18+ next yr, as the classification has been approved.

5FDP
5th December 2012, 11:42 AM
Bah...there will be more gangnam style of other things, anyways I'm just looking forward and hoping that the Mortal Kombat game which was banned will be released as R18+ next yr, as the classification has been approved.

Unlikely as the game would have been out for almost two years by then. WB have already made two submissions to the Classification Board and they went on the record to state that it would be too costly for a third submission. The annoying thing is that even when the new rating comes into effect, Mortal Kombat 9 will still be refused importation as it never passed classification. The first R-rated MK game we will see here will be MK 10.

Kazza
5th December 2012, 12:52 PM
Unlikely as the game would have been out for almost two years by then. WB have already made two submissions to the Classification Board and they went on the record to state that it would be too costly for a third submission. The annoying thing is that even when the new rating comes into effect, Mortal Kombat 9 will still be refused importation as it never passed classification. The first R-rated MK game we will see here will be MK 10.

Darn it, i want to play as Kratos:mad:

5FDP
23rd December 2012, 04:43 PM
Given all the gun violence in the US lately, this was bound to happen... again!

NRA speech visits past, takes swipe at … Mortal Kombat? (http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/compost/wp/2012/12/21/nra-speech-visits-past-takes-swipe-at-mortal-kombat/)

This is the end result of what happens when the ill-informed start searching for answers instead of understanding the actual problem or deflecting people away from those answers when they know the solution is not in their best interests.

Tetsuwan Convoy
23rd December 2012, 05:28 PM
Given all the gun violence in the US lately, this was bound to happen... again!

NRA speech visits past, takes swipe at … Mortal Kombat? (http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/compost/wp/2012/12/21/nra-speech-visits-past-takes-swipe-at-mortal-kombat/)

This is the end result of what happens when the ill-informed start searching for answers instead of understanding the actual problem or deflecting people away from those answers when they know the solution is not in their best interests.

Oh the NRA... It would be laughable if they weren't so powerful...

kurdt_the_goat
23rd December 2012, 08:11 PM
I was playing Mortal Kombat on Vita today actually... 170 odd levels into the challenge tower... can confirm it made me want to to kill the Vita!

5FDP
28th December 2012, 11:42 PM
Write this down in your diaries MK fans - a sneak peak of MK Legacy series 2 will be shown on Feb 17th through Machinima's youtube channel. The series itself will make its debut sometime in April / May. Oh, and if you didn't know already, Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa will be reprising his role as Shang Tsung :cool: :cool: :cool: Yes, that's right, the original actor to play Shang Tsung in the 1995 Mortal Kombat movie. Get ready for kombat!

Gutsman Heavy
29th December 2012, 01:28 AM
Aww yeah.

Hursticon
6th January 2013, 12:25 AM
I cannot wait for this! :D:cool:

5FDP
8th January 2013, 10:38 AM
MK Fun Fact Of The Day -

John Turk (Sub-Zero, Shang Tsung, Classic Sub-Zero, Scorpion, Reptile, Smoke, Rain, Ermac, Noob Saibot, and Chameleon) and Richard Divizio (Kano, Baraka, Kabal, and Quan Chi) both appeared in the movie The Dark Knight as a bodyguard and thug respectively.

SkyWarp91
8th January 2013, 10:24 PM
MK Fun Fact Of The Day -

John Turk (Sub-Zero, Shang Tsung, Classic Sub-Zero, Scorpion, Reptile, Smoke, Rain, Ermac, Noob Saibot, and Chameleon) and Richard Divizio (Kano, Baraka, Kabal, and Quan Chi) both appeared in the movie The Dark Knight as a bodyguard and thug respectively.

Makes my imagination think that MK vs DC was somehow responsible or linked to this coincidence!

5FDP
9th January 2013, 10:12 AM
MK Fun Fact Of The Day -

In the development stage of Mortal Kombat 3, Cyrax and Sektor were referred to as "Mustard and Ketchup" before their names were finalized.

SkyWarp91
11th January 2013, 01:19 PM
Who's your favourite Cyborg?

Mine's Sektor. Red like a FERRARI!!!

5FDP
11th January 2013, 02:05 PM
MK Fun Fact Of The Day -

Kerri Hoskins who played Sonya Blade in MK3, UMK3, MKT, and MK4 trained in Tang Soo Do, a Korean martial art, and was also Playboy Playmate and posed nude for the magazine between 1992 and 1995.

I bet you're all thinking of her Scissor Split move now ;) :p

Who's your favourite Cyborg?

Mine's Sektor. Red like a FERRARI!!!

Sektor was also my favourite when I played in the arcade. His moves were fairly easy to execute (and that's saying something for MK3), and I could complete the game with him using a single dollar. I'd fill up the screen with homing missiles :D

kurdt_the_goat
11th January 2013, 04:06 PM
MK Fun Fact Of The Day -

Kerri Hoskins who played Sonya Blade in MK3, UMK3, MKT, and MK4 trained in Tang Soo Do, a Korean martial art, and was also Playboy Playmate and posed nude for the magazine between 1992 and 1995.

I bet you're all thinking of her Scissor Split move now ;) :p

Nah i bet everyone who didn't already back in the 90's, is Google imaging that shit! And maybe even those who did, again for good measure!

5FDP
14th January 2013, 11:58 AM
Found this (http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Mortal-Kombat-2-Unlimited-Sega-Mega-Drive-RARE-/300845252125?pt=AU_PC_Video_Games_Games&hash=item460bc63e1d) on eBay. Personally, I wouldn't pay $80 for it but it is kinda cool. See here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gXNNovf9_A) for a video demonstration.

SkyWarp91
22nd January 2013, 12:28 AM
Found this (http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Mortal-Kombat-2-Unlimited-Sega-Mega-Drive-RARE-/300845252125?pt=AU_PC_Video_Games_Games&hash=item460bc63e1d) on eBay. Personally, I wouldn't pay $80 for it but it is kinda cool. See here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gXNNovf9_A) for a video demonstration.

Looks Kool but isn't that kind of illegal?

Hursticon
23rd January 2013, 04:55 PM
Looks Kool but isn't that kind of illegal?

Indeed, that's what I would've thought. :o

5FDP
23rd January 2013, 10:29 PM
If you think that looks cool, you should check out this project (http://www.trmk.org/forums/showthread.php/25235-Mortal-Kombat-HD-Remix-with-MUGEN) ;)

Kazza
17th February 2013, 06:05 AM
Mortal Kombat R18+ video game to be sold in EB Games throughout australia except QLD.

https://ebgames.com.au/ps3-152325-Mortal-Kombat-Komplete-Edition-Non-QLD-only-PlayStation-3

KaRNiV8L PRiME
17th February 2013, 10:11 AM
Mortal Kombat R18+ video game to be sold in EB Games throughout australia except QLD.

https://ebgames.com.au/ps3-152325-Mortal-Kombat-Komplete-Edition-Non-QLD-only-PlayStation-3

We just got our new signs at work (big w) about R18+ video games

Kazza
17th February 2013, 01:02 PM
We just got our new signs at work (big w) about R18+ video games

Awesome, about time australia lets us adults play games that are catered to us. I noticed on eb games that god of war ascension has also been given an R18 classification.

Tetsuwan Convoy
17th February 2013, 02:17 PM
Ninja Gaiden ont he Wiiu has been rated R18+ as well. Good to see that the rating is working so far. I was concerned that MA games would just be classed as R and nothing would change, but with the appearance of Mortal Kombat, this isn't the case.

I wonder if the one I imported when it came out is still illegal ? :p

Hursticon
17th February 2013, 03:43 PM
Finally adult gamers have been recognised in this often 'Behind the times' country of ours; It's awesome that now Australian adults can finally own & play a game like Mortal Kombat: Komplete Edition without fear of legal repercussions but more importantly, parents can finally make a proper informed decision with the sorts of games they purchase for their children. :cool:

Now maybe, just maybe (But however unlikely :p), we'll have less under 10s playing games they shouldn't be & firing off curse words like a Chaingun with Parkinsons! :o

Quickstrike
17th February 2013, 04:41 PM

Wow, I didn't think they'd bother after this long. But ahaha at EB's price. Since it's not illegal to import it anymore, you can get it for $30 from Ozgameshop.

Oh man, I need to start playing again! :D

5FDP
17th February 2013, 04:53 PM
I'm shocked that WB would have resubmitted to the Classification Board for a game that it is nearly 2 years old; technically 1 year for the Komplete Edition but it's the same game with all the downloadable content. I'm even more shocked that the RRP is $78!!! :eek: *cough* scalpers *cough* (but then I remembered this is EB).

Well, good news I guess for those that have yet to experience the game for themselves and a win for common sense ;) :)

5FDP
18th February 2013, 10:28 AM
Write this down in your diaries MK fans - a sneak peak of MK Legacy series 2 will be shown on Feb 17th through Machinima's youtube channel. The series itself will make its debut sometime in April / May. Oh, and if you didn't know already, Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa will be reprising his role as Shang Tsung :cool: :cool: :cool: Yes, that's right, the original actor to play Shang Tsung in the 1995 Mortal Kombat movie. Get ready for kombat!

A reminder that this should be airing TODAY :cool: :D Stay tuned to Machinima's youtube channel (http://www.youtube.com/user/machinima).

Hursticon
18th February 2013, 04:15 PM
A reminder that this should be airing TODAY :cool: :D Stay tuned to Machinima's youtube channel (http://www.youtube.com/user/machinima).

Indeed it did air & holy Krap! does it look to be friggin' awesome, having the correct actor playing Shang Tsung too helps immensely. ;):D

5FDP
19th February 2013, 08:52 AM
Indeed it did air & holy Krap! does it look to be friggin' awesome, having the correct actor playing Shang Tsung too helps immensely. ;):D

How good was it eh :cool: :cool: :cool: Here's (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5l3jrR5XMSU) a direct link to the vid for anyone else that wants to watch it. It's going to be real interesting to see which direction they take this in. I hope they stick to the gritty realism of the first season rather than going completely fantasy. Time will tell I guess.

Hursticon
19th February 2013, 07:06 PM
How good was it eh :cool: :cool: :cool:

Dude, that mask on Scorpion looks friggin' badass! :cool::D

Kazza
19th March 2013, 12:12 AM
I'm shocked that WB would have resubmitted to the Classification Board for a game that it is nearly 2 years old; technically 1 year for the Komplete Edition but it's the same game with all the downloadable content. I'm even more shocked that the RRP is $78!!! :eek: *cough* scalpers *cough* (but then I remembered this is EB).

Well, good news I guess for those that have yet to experience the game for themselves and a win for common sense ;) :)

EB Games have updated the price to $48. Makes it more bareable to buy.

5FDP
19th March 2013, 08:10 AM
EB Games have updated the price to $48. Makes it more bareable to buy.

Still about $20 above RRP but a lot better than $78 that's for sure. I may even pick up another copy.

Quickstrike
19th March 2013, 09:02 PM
I might buy another copy since it's the Komplete Edition. Then I can delete the DLC characters off my hard drive.

Maybe.

5FDP
20th March 2013, 08:55 AM
There's a Mortal Kombat GOTY PC edition coming mid-year as well.

Kazza
8th April 2013, 08:00 PM
There's been another price cut. ($38 eb) ($34 jb)

https://ebgames.com.au/ps3-152325-Mortal-Kombat-Komplete-Edition-PlayStation-3

gamblor916
27th July 2013, 09:07 PM
Nauts Sub Zero. (http://www.hlj.com/product/nau49438/Act) Holy cow this guy looks awesome. With a price tag to match!

5FDP
2nd October 2013, 08:03 AM
For those that are interested, Mortal Kombat Legacy Season II was put up on Machinima (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydfGuagKcYM) last Friday. Yes, the entire season has been posted so you can watch it in its entirety without having to wait weeks. Enjoy!

lancalot
2nd October 2013, 02:35 PM
For those that are interested, Mortal Kombat Legacy Season II was put up on Machinima (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydfGuagKcYM) last Friday. Yes, the entire season has been posted so you can watch it in its entirety without having to wait weeks. Enjoy!

that cool to know ...:) i love the first season

Hursticon
2nd October 2013, 09:17 PM

Was so friggin' good to see THE Shang Tsung back in the role he made famous. :D

5FDP
15th July 2014, 08:54 AM
A bit late with this news, however better late than never :o

Mortal Kombat X Announcement Trailer (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ci6lMQNLKZU)

SkyWarp91
15th July 2014, 10:14 AM
A bit late with this news, however better late than never :o

Mortal Kombat X Announcement Trailer (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ci6lMQNLKZU)

I've been keeping an eye on this for a while now and the series looks like it's going in a very interesting direction now that the story has been rebooted. Can't wait to pick this game up on release but have a feeling that I should wait it out for a 'Komplete Edition' to come out with all the DLC.

5FDP
15th July 2014, 02:36 PM
I've been keeping an eye on this for a while now and the series looks like it's going in a very interesting direction now that the story has been rebooted. Can't wait to pick this game up on release but have a feeling that I should wait it out for a 'Komplete Edition' to come out with all the DLC.

Hopefully by the time the Komplete Edition comes out, I'll be in a position to afford a PS4 :o

Tfiguy
16th July 2014, 12:51 AM
They announced Raiden the other day. There are vids of him fighting Kotal Karn... Is that Kotal Karn related to Shao Karn? I sort of get the notion that he is a sun god? After Raiden quotes something about thunder putting out the sunlight...

SkyWarp91
16th July 2014, 09:39 AM
They announced Raiden the other day. There are vids of him fighting Kotal Karn... Is that Kotal Karn related to Shao Karn? I sort of get the notion that he is a sun god? After Raiden quotes something about thunder putting out the sunlight...

Don't think it's been confirmed but most likely implied Shao and Kotal are related. I've always liked Shao better because of how ridiculous he looks yet the amount of power he holds

5FDP
7th April 2015, 11:07 AM
Only 1 week to go until Mortal Kombat X is released!! :cool: :D

For the first time though, I'm thinking I may wait for the inevitable Komplete Edition. Can't be bothered downloading all the content :o

Gutsman Heavy
10th April 2015, 02:22 PM
I got the game+pass for $70, probably the most I'll pay for a PC game in a long time, but I'm a MK tragic.

Get the Steam Code from ozgameshop ($35) if you're unsure you want the whole package

BigTransformerTrev
10th April 2015, 10:54 PM
I remember being so obsessed with the MK games that waaaay back in the day a mate and I figured out how to hook the N64 into the VCR so I could perform and record every single Fatality, Animality, Babality etc I did from Ultimate Mortal Combat 3 (wow! how much did I just date myself! :eek::p).

Sad to say I don't get to play Video Games much these days (espeically since my 2-year old jammed a Hi-5 DVD in the PS3 :rolleyes:) but I did enjoy taking my students to Youth Inc (a kid outreach place) once a week last year and on their Xbox360 using Jade to kick the crap out of teenager after teenager who thought they were hot sh*t at MK9 :cool:.

MKX is something I will follow with interest but sadly doubt I will often get to play :o.

dsphatlite
10th April 2015, 11:02 PM
Sad to say I don't get to play Video Games much these days (espeically since my 2-year old jammed a Hi-5 DVD in the PS3 :rolleyes:) but I did enjoy taking my students to Youth Inc (a kid outreach place) once a week last year and on their Xbox360 using Jade to kick the crap out of teenager after teenager who thought they were hot sh*t at MK9 :cool:.

MKX is something I will follow with interest but sadly doubt I will often get to play :o.

Don't you just love doing that... beating the crap out of teenager who think they are hot shi*. I did that quite often with Street Fighter 4 at the local youth centre when I was volunteering. Once you know the combo systems it all comes rushing back to your fingers. Harder these days now though since you need to remember all the frame cancels etc. to be competitive.

Still remember the hacked SF2 machines where you could sonic boom in the air.

Anyways back to Mortal Kombat. I kinda lost interest after Mortal Kombat 2. To me that was the best in the series until 9 came out.

BigTransformerTrev
11th April 2015, 01:57 PM
I did enjoy taking my students to Youth Inc (a kid outreach place) once a week last year and on their Xbox360 using Jade to kick the crap out of teenager after teenager who thought they were hot sh*t at MK9 :cool:.

Don't you just love doing that... beating the crap out of teenager who think they are hot shi*. I did that quite often with Street Fighter 4 at the local youth centre when I was volunteering. Once you know the combo systems it all comes rushing back to your fingers.

Heh - the best take down of some teenagers at video games I did was when I actually lost. I was among my mates the champion of Goldeneye on the N64. Anyway, a mate from Uni's parents left for the weekend and him (20) and his little brother (15) decided to have a ton of mates over.

Anyway, I get on with these three 15 year olds and we are playing guided missiles and the 3 of them gang up so every time I respawn in about 2 seconds flat I get a missle to the face and die. They pounded me badly.

As the game finishes and they all laugh and jeer about beating a 20 year old who thought he was great I turn and say:

"You know, I got my beep bleeped last night. Twice. How about you boys?"

Just a sudden red-eared silence of a bunch of kids old enough to be embarrassed about being virgins.

I stand up, stretch and go "Yep, well, guess I'll leave you boys to your little game" and sauntered out.

Needless to say they didn't go on with their teasing - so though I lost I felt I had won :p

5FDP
14th April 2015, 01:46 PM
I remember being so obsessed with the MK games that waaaay back in the day a mate and I figured out how to hook the N64 into the VCR so I could perform and record every single Fatality, Animality, Babality etc I did from Ultimate Mortal Combat 3 (wow! how much did I just date myself! :eek::p).

LOL... yeah, I did the same thing with my Super Nintendo. Still have the tape actually :o

Anyways back to Mortal Kombat. I kinda lost interest after Mortal Kombat 2. To me that was the best in the series until 9 came out.

Same, although I do own every MK game released aside from MK Gold and the 32X version of MKII (which I did have but traded away a long time ago).

Facepunches
14th April 2015, 02:10 PM
I'm sure you are on top of it, but if by chance you need MKX a day early it seems EB have broken the street date and it is now available.

kurdt_the_goat
14th April 2015, 04:27 PM

Only MK Trilogy (which was basically an expanded UMK3 so probably the one you were thinking of) and MK4 were released on N64. And shame on you for using a C instead of a K! :D

BigTransformerTrev
15th April 2015, 09:32 AM
Only MK Trilogy (which was basically an expanded UMK3 so probably the one you were thinking of) and MK4 were released on N64. And shame on you for using a C instead of a K! :D

Yeah it probably was MK Trilogy come to think of it.

And at least I left the 3 C's and 2 K's out of post #153 to protect the younger ozformers :p;)

5FDP
16th April 2015, 01:49 PM
So, has anyone here bought the game yet? Keen to know peoples opinions, especially if you've played MK9 as well.

Gutsman Heavy
16th April 2015, 02:52 PM
So, has anyone here bought the game yet? Keen to know peoples opinions, especially if you've played MK9 as well.

Fighting feels smoother, mechanically a better game. Cosmetic damage has been toned way down, but fatalities/x-rays are even more violent. Story mode seems alright, hard to beat MK9's nostalgia trip though. Too many kid characters, makes the roster feel samey.

PC launch was a cock up, but it's running fine now (still has a retarded install system though). The microtransations are bullshit but completely optional, don't pay for them.

Brutalities rule, and bring back the sense of accomplishment that fatalities used to have.

A great game for MK fans, others would be best waiting for the inevitable komplete edition.

5FDP
14th September 2015, 11:04 AM
In case people didn't know, Mortal Kombat X for the PS3 and Xbox 360 has officially been CANCELLED :(

I am massively disappointed as I do not own any of the nex gen systems and cannot justify buying a PS4 for just one game. I haven't switched on my PS3 since January :o