PDA

View Full Version : New place to source my Transformers paper addiction

UltraMarginal
27th July 2011, 12:20 PM
Hey Kids,
so I used to get my comics from PhantomZone in Chatswood, but they have now closed down.

I can get to Kings in the City every second thursday at a stretch after going in to donate blood at Town Hall, but it's difficult and I don't always make it in, for several reasons.

Does anyone know of a good reputable Comics retailer where I can get my fix, I live in lane Cove and I work at Bankstown Airport.

I am quite the Transformers comic Junkie, I have tried looking in Target but I am yet to see the trades in any target I have visited. I have also tried the Bookdepository.co.uk but wht I did get form there was so mangled I refused to read it, and I've not purchsed from them since.

(on a side note, I have a mangled Drift Trade that's free to a good home if I ever find it)

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

5FDP
27th July 2011, 12:36 PM
If you're in Bankstown for work, how about The Comic Shop in Liverpool (http://www.thecomicshop.net/)?

griffin
27th July 2011, 02:09 PM
See if there is something on here (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=11615) near you.

UltraMarginal
27th July 2011, 02:40 PM
thanks for the help fellas, it looks like the one in liverpool is the closest, though the Phantom Zone in Parramatta is kind of on the way home... sort of.

with a 30 minute lunch break a 20 minute drive each way is probalby pushing the friendship for the Comic Shop.

i_amtrunks
27th July 2011, 06:18 PM
Could you order from Kings online site?

Not surprised PZ Chatswood shut down, they had a pretty terrible location, But with it being so easy to get digital copies and cheaper to wait and buy the trades from bookstores, it wont be long until all but Kings will be gone in the Sydney metro area.

UltraMarginal
27th July 2011, 09:44 PM
Could you order from Kings online site?

Not surprised PZ Chatswood shut down, they had a pretty terrible location, But with it being so easy to get digital copies and cheaper to wait and buy the trades from bookstores, it wont be long until all but Kings will be gone in the Sydney metro area.

I loved it, it was sooo convenient for me to get to on the way home on a Thursday night. I'd duck through TRU, Target and Kmart and on the way from one to the other I'd always stop through there to pick stuff up, if there was anything new.