PDA

View Full Version : IGN: Optimus Prime: A Transformers Visual History

Tober
28th July 2011, 04:45 PM
A visual history of Optimus Prime in video games. Were a few in there I was unaware of. Several games are missing tho.

http://au.xbox360.ign.com/articles/118/1182098p1.html

Tetsuwan Convoy
28th July 2011, 05:02 PM
Some pretty half assed research in that article. Optimus is on convoy no Nazo? No, that's Ultra Magnus...

This bit from the Animated game page
Much like the show, he wasn't very memorable.
Fine the game wasn't THAT crash hot, but the show was more than memorable.

Plus they are missing the first movie game for a start, and despite the fact they manage to have Dreamix TV and Convoy no nazo, they fogrget about others, such as BW Neo on Gameboy (although that had Primal in it, but hey they included Transmetals).

All in all, lazy fluff piece.

Gutsman Heavy
28th July 2011, 09:36 PM
That's ign for you.
Incompetent Gournalism Network.

Jaisun
29th July 2011, 11:55 AM
Wow... That was really quite lame... Even without googling I can think of 4 games they missed (DotM, that Japanese G1 PS2 game, Movie 1 (as TC mentioned), and BW on PC/PSX), and such useless information too. It kinda screams "I was forced to this while Jerry on level 4 got to cover the history of Halo & Gears of War, sadface, QQ"

SkyWarp91
29th July 2011, 06:20 PM
That's ign for you.

+1,000,000,000

Seraphim Prime
1st August 2011, 03:44 PM
That's ign for you.

Plus, the "journalist" was a clear GEEWUNNER - "TRUCK NOT MONKEY!" Anyone?

Tetsuwan Convoy
2nd August 2011, 12:45 AM

Well they did say they are looking at Prime and not Primal. But that didn't stop them from loking at Transmetals.

(but then they also included Ultra Magnus in that list too...):rolleyes:

Ultra Mackness
2nd August 2011, 05:26 AM
Go Commodore 64 Optimus Block!! :)

Tetsuwan Convoy
2nd August 2011, 05:17 PM
Go Commodore 64 Optimus Block!! :)

Hell yes, I still play that game every now and then. Shame I am not too sure what I am supposed to be doing. All I know is hate those damn cassette-cons who run under my laser... The only way to kill them is to ram them.

UltraMarginal
3rd August 2011, 12:46 PM
That's ign for you.

haha, I see what you did there:D

I think that comment was related to the lazy gournalism, the writer just googled Prime and found some stuff, and noticed that statement, and thought of throwing it in.

I really didn't think the Playstation game was all that good myself, and like the rest of you, I'm disappointed they didn't actually go to the effort of researcing all the transformers computer games. . .

anyway meh, other stuff to look at now.