PDA

View Full Version : A MONSTER PLANET THAT DEVOURS EVERYTHING IN ITS PATH!!

compute146
5th August 2011, 09:14 AM
hi guys,
hers a clue to my new transformer related project,

jazz-where'd that come from?

cliffjumper-who cares, im more worried about where its going!

Spike-a gigantic moon has shown up in the suburbs of cybertron!

bumblebee-and its attacking moon base one!

Galvatron- Unicron, cybertron and all its moons belong to me!

Scourge- remember, we belong to him!!

Galvatron- I belong to nobody!

Galvatron- Unicron my MASTER! with this, I shall make you my slave!!!

UNICRON- RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

all the best
colin

LordCyrusOmega
5th August 2011, 09:23 AM
Very nice. Unicron is my all time favourite so I can't wait to see more.

rampagesss
5th August 2011, 09:47 AM
Oh hell yes! Ill be watching this very closely! :D
Also since Prime was 7ft tall how big is Unicron going to be?

UltraMarginal
5th August 2011, 11:07 AM
Oh hell yes! Ill be watching this very closely! :D
Also since Prime was 7ft tall how big is Unicron going to be?

Wow, I know nothing of your previous work and this is very interesting.
do you have a link to somewhere showing off the prime you speak of?

TF76
5th August 2011, 12:57 PM
Wow seriously? 7ft...

rampagesss
5th August 2011, 01:54 PM
Wow, I know nothing of your previous work and this is very interesting.
do you have a link to somewhere showing off the prime you speak of?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDKhSdWYQiY&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqCJTX8Sk5Q&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qvD4gtKaGg&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_k7Xet83Dw&feature=related

1AZRAEL1
5th August 2011, 02:03 PM
Wow, so you are the fella who made that awesome Matrix? I seen that a while ago on TFW, hadn't realised you made a Prime to go with it :p

Amazing stuff mate, can't wait to see the massive Unicron built.

RageOnTheRoads
6th August 2011, 11:02 AM
WOAH!!!!!!! :eek: awesome!

Hursticon
6th August 2011, 10:50 PM
Oh man, this is an ambitious target but a ridiculously drool worthy one! :eek::D:cool:
As like the others Colin, I'll be watching this one closely as we'll finally see what a to scale Unicron would look like compared to a G1 or WST figure! :D

jena
7th August 2011, 10:48 AM
I was unfamiliar with your 7ft Optimus Prime as well, but I just had a look and your videos and photos and wow... I'm incredibly impressed. I just showed your pictures to my father and informed him he has a new project... too bad he told me I'm dreaming. I'd love my very own 7ft Optimus! Unicron looks incredible, the detail is insane. I'm looking forward to see the progress of this one! Amazing work.

ChlorHex
13th August 2011, 10:32 PM
I'm so looking forward to this project of your's!
Unicron's one of my favorite bots and if you're making one that's going to be that huge... seriously, that's awesome :)

compute146
28th August 2011, 03:28 AM
guys, thank you all for your kind words and support

hi guys

sorry about the delay in the update, been a hectic few weeks,but finally been able to knuckle down and get loads done, right where to start, well the big thing for me with unicron is he has to look imposing, sfter all he's a planet/moon transformer, now the only other imposing moon i know of is the death star from star wars, after a good look at the way the panels are on the death star , i set about giving unicron the detail he truely deserves, horns were done first, and layed too, both horns are different too, then the side parts of unicrons head, again i made sure each panel was different, for the dome part of his head a used a dremel and engrsved the panels on, then i started to layer my styrene on, small bits here and there, some raised,some indented, some tiny, there a few shots of unicron ive added without the sprsy over the top, so you can see all the little parts added, finally got round to bringing out his face to, and again added little details to keep it in line with the rest of him, also done a mock up of what his eyes will look like lit up, attached the horns using double ended screws, so as you can see ive been busy busy busy, one question for you all, in many pics of unicron he has a gem type thing on his crown part, shall i go for this or would you prefer to see a vent or something similar. thoughts please
all the best
colin

AJ_Prime
29th August 2011, 11:39 AM
Just checked out your OP project, :eek: holy crap that's amazing!

The Unicron is coming along very well, can't wait to see the finished product, your attention to detail is brilliant!

Hursticon
29th August 2011, 05:16 PM
Colin, that is absolutely incredible mate! :eek::eek::eek:
The sheer level of detail you've managed to work into just the face is truly insane!, a bloody excellent update dude! :D:cool:

As for the diamond you refer to in the centre of his forehead...
I think it breaks up what is an otherwise dome-like section of his head and it suitably dresses it up quite effectively IMO. ;):)

Hursticon
19th September 2011, 11:30 AM
Glad to see/hear from you again Colin and with quite an update no less. :eek:

Indeed, it would seem that the layering process is quite time tasking but it certainly pays dividends man as the detailing continues to look amazing. ;)
The effort you've put into the neck especially looks cool, as it has the look of actually serving purpose being that not only does it look like a support for a robots head, but it also looks like a conduit of resources along with the copper/brass tubing being rather akin to a form of Heat-Sink for dispersing High Temperatures. :cool:

As a bust; this looks stunning. but the fact this will also encompass a full body is incredible! :eek:

Keep up the excellent work mate, I look forward to your next update! ;):cool:

UltraMarginal
19th September 2011, 01:23 PM
What Hurst said.

The detail in the layering gives a great sense of scale. lovely work.

compute146
19th September 2011, 04:49 PM
Glad to see/hear from you again Colin and with quite an update no less. :eek:

Indeed, it would seem that the layering process is quite time tasking but it certainly pays dividends man as the detailing continues to look amazing. ;)
The effort you've put into the neck especially looks cool, as it has the look of actually serving purpose being that not only does it look like a support for a robots head, but it also looks like a conduit of resources along with the copper/brass tubing being rather akin to a form of Heat-Sink for dispersing High Temperatures. :cool:

As a bust; this looks stunning. but the fact this will also encompass a full body is incredible! :eek:

Keep up the excellent work mate, I look forward to your next update! ;):cool:

thanks my friend, and as always your support is awesome, yes its time consuming, but so worth it with the styrene, the trick is to walk away, have a break, then come back to it, thanks for the comments on the neck, thats exactly what i was trying to achieve, i could of simply put a block in,as you hardly see the neck, but i want this unicron to have detail pouring out of him, after all he's a planet thats transformed, ive always imagine he'd have the same sort of detail as the death star from star wars, theres still a bit more piping to do from the left and righton the neck, but i ran out of epoxy! lol. he'll also look better once in primer too.
again thanks my friend

What Hurst said.

The detail in the layering gives a great sense of scale. lovely work.

thank you so much, its a long slow process, but once in colour, i can pick bits out here and there , weathering panels, and giving unicron a sense of huge scale, like a planet thats actually transformed,
again thanks for the kind words

UltraMarginal
19th September 2011, 06:04 PM
thanks my friend, and as always your support is awesome, yes its time consuming, but so worth it with the styrene, the trick is to walk away, have a break, then come back to it, thanks for the comments on the neck, thats exactly what i was trying to achieve, i could of simply put a block in,as you hardly see the neck, but i want this unicron to have detail pouring out of him, after all he's a planet thats transformed, ive always imagine he'd have the same sort of detail as the death star from star wars, theres still a bit more piping to do from the left and righton the neck, but i ran out of epoxy! lol. he'll also look better once in primer too.
again thanks my friend

thank you so much, its a long slow process, but once in colour, i can pick bits out here and there , weathering panels, and giving unicron a sense of huge scale, like a planet thats actually transformed,
again thanks for the kind words

Credit where credit is due:D:cool:

Hursticon
19th September 2011, 11:37 PM
Credit where credit is due:D:cool:

Totally agree with UM. ;):cool:

Robzy
23rd September 2011, 10:57 AM
Unreal! Looks fantastic!!

rampagesss
23rd September 2011, 01:39 PM
Have to admit at first i thought it looked a little off, just couldn't put my finger on it. But now It's defiantly Unicron! looks spot on perfect! Your work never fails to impress everyone! looking forward to the next update :D

compute146
23rd September 2011, 04:56 PM
Unreal! Looks fantastic!!

thanks mate, hope to do him some justice.

Have to admit at first i thought it looked a little off, just couldn't put my finger on it. But now It's defiantly Unicron! looks spot on perfect! Your work never fails to impress everyone! looking forward to the next update :D

your right mate, its always hard when you post work in progress pics, as the vision you have in your head,might not always show in pics, but you have to take the rough with the smooth, and i like to show my progress pics, as it helps all those who look, see whats been done,where im going, etc,
yeah he gave me goosebumps with these pics, just the inside of the head to tidy up, before i start thinking ahead towards the first part of his body.
again thanks for your kind words and support

all the best

colin

gamblor916
23rd September 2011, 08:56 PM
Fantastic work, I really like the detailing you've put onto the surfaces.

Hursticon
26th September 2011, 01:13 PM
Yep, this is definitely stunning work Colin and the finished neck looks absolutely perfect! :eek:
As has been said before and to echo what Rampagesss was saying: your work never ceases to impress and we're very much looking forward to further updates. ;):cool:

Hursticon
30th September 2011, 09:49 PM
Ooh! - Now that is certainly an interesting detail to add and one that certainly makes good use of what I would assume is otherwise unused space. :eek::cool:
I'd also like to say that your use of everyday bits and pieces is quite resourceful and ingenious Colin. :)

Looking forward to your further efforts as always, but a parting question; are you looking to add any form of lighting to him? as I think at this scale his eyes just have to light up! :D

UltraMarginal
4th October 2011, 04:12 PM
this just keeps getting better and better. without scale in the first couple pics I thought it was good, but maybe a bit chunky, then I saw the picture with your hand for scale and ... WOW. that is really cool:eek::cool:

ChlorHex
11th October 2011, 04:34 AM
guys, thank you all for your support and kind words, you guys are awesome!

been busy on unicrons neck and head, now i want to do unicron so his head can be lifted of to reveal his brain, tv screens, its something i didnt need to do, but i feel, to do him justice,then all these little details should be added.
the struts that support the ball also support the head when its back on, the ball started out as a xmas dec, the little tv screens were leftover scraps from my 7ft optimus base, and as nod and wink to the movie i copyed the screen caps of when Magnus is given the Matrix, pc parts, wires ,beads, even nails all form part of this mock up, theres more paint work to do on it, but wanted to keep you all up to date with progress.
all the best
colin

Now that is cool!
Looking forward to the completed project :)

RageOnTheRoads
15th October 2011, 08:16 PM
Shazam! This is too extreme for words! The level of detail and work going into this...Very nice, very nice indeed.

compute146
21st October 2011, 01:29 AM
IM BACK!!! sorry its been so long, been really busy with unicron, so heres the update.
First off i completely rebuilt his brain, i was really pleased with the first one, but i looked at and thought i could do a little better, the new improved one lights up, has 3 modes, slow flash,fast flash and permenent on. also added energon crystals, flowing to his brain, feeding him, so to speak. The crystals were made from a light up ghost i tore to pieces, taking out the flashing leds, LOL!
Right collar was done in ford graphite grey, then weathered in a silver, picking out the panels i'd done, the dirty yellow colour was acheived by using a primer filler, in mustard yellow, then the panels and grooves were picked out in a matt orange, finally a clear coat to seal and give a slight gloss finish.
This same process wa repeated on his head, and inbetween the grooves of the horns i used a copper colour, also rebuilt his goaty beard and bought it out more, also building a lump just under his teeth, making his face more outwards.
His neck had a final piece of piping added, before going into black,and weathered in silver and copper, and orange piping feeding his neck pipes, I will use this same piping in his boby at some stage.
His whole head swivels on the neck, so once i get further ahead he'll start to really take shape.
Bought myself a titanuim Galvatron, repainted certain sections to make him more g1, but as a little nod to the movie, made the tinyest matrix and put it on a chain round his neck. Took ages to build. as it was small blimming small!!!LOL!!
Anyway enjoy the pics,
all the best
colin

Hursticon
25th October 2011, 03:54 PM
Colin, this build continues to astound; even on a minuscule level with that 'lil Matrix - your skills are extraordinary! :eek::cool:
The modifications you've made to Unicron's brain look superb with the lights, as do the additions of the 'flowing' energon crystals and finer details around the neck, collar and head. :D

Keep up the excellent work dude and do keep us posted on your progress, when and where you're able to. ;):)