PDA

View Full Version : New Member Intro

FailedManic
6th August 2011, 06:24 PM
Hi, or rather Bah-weep-Graaaaagnah wheep ni ni bong.

A bit about myself: I'm from Sydney, I'm 20 and I've been a TF fan since I was 6. I grew up during the beast era. To this day Beast Wars remains my favourite series, but I think that Animated would have to be my fave toyline. Favourite characters include most of the beast wars cast, Blurr and Hot Rod.

As you might have guessed, my collection revolves mostly around Beast Wars and Animated, with a few good figures from the movie, classics and other lines. And (although it probably pales in comparison to most of your collections) I like the figures that I have and am in the process of expanding.

Anyway, it's good to see a dedicated Australian Transformers community, and look forward being part of the community.

loophole
6th August 2011, 06:46 PM
welcome aboard.

Beast Wars and Animated is a great place to start collecting and great shows too,
and all of us are in the process of expanding our collections no matter how big or small they are

Darthprimus
6th August 2011, 06:56 PM
welcome to ozformers mate.

LordCyrusOmega
6th August 2011, 09:36 PM
Welcome to the board. Beast Wars is good but Animated is by far my favourite.
Expanding your collection is always good and you'll find plenty of great sellers here to do just that.

liegeprime
6th August 2011, 11:18 PM
Mabuhay and welcome to the forum!!:D:D We love loooking at co members collections so when you get the chance do post pics of them up in the Grapple's section. Doesnt matter big or small.:D:D

Verno
7th August 2011, 12:02 AM
Welcome aboard Mate!

Good to have another BW fan in the ranks.

Let me know if you need any BW toys, I'll take care of you :cool:

Hursticon
7th August 2011, 02:23 AM
http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Webpics/6.gif

Greetings and Welcome to OZformers! :D

Hell yeah man, another BW fan! ;):cool:
I too share much love for Beast Wars but I ask you sir: Are you a wimpy Maximal or an awesome Predacon? :p

http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Webpics/DecepticonsForever.png

As Liege has mentioned, we love perusing the collections of others so please do consider posting some pics. :)

Tell me though, who's your favourite BW character?

Iacon's Demise
7th August 2011, 09:42 AM
Welcome to the forums !

So do you Maximize or Terrorize ? also, out of the Beast Wars era...any favourite Episodes ? Mine has to be The Agenda's...so many G1 robots in Stasis...

FailedManic
7th August 2011, 10:42 AM
http://tfwiki.net/w2/images2/3/33/Maximal_symbol.png

Maximal All the way!:D

I find it hard to pick just one favourite character from Beast Wars, but it would probably be Optimus Primal. Inferno, Dinobot, Waspinator and Cheetor would be close behind.

As for my favourite episode: Transmutate. Others which I think are really good include The Spark, Maximal No more, Code of Hero, The Agenda and Nemesis.

Hursticon
7th August 2011, 12:15 PM
*snip*

Maximal All the way!:D

I find it hard to pick just one favourite character from Beast Wars, but it would probably be Optimus Primal. Inferno, Dinobot, Waspinator and Cheetor would be close behind.

As for my favourite episode: Transmutate. Others which I think are really good include The Spark, Maximal No more, Code of Hero, The Agenda and Nemesis.

"Damn! another missed Protoform! :mad: - You may of won this battle, Maximal, but you will not win the war; No!..." :D

It is indeed hard to pic a favourite eh?, it gets harder when you have to pic a favourite figure too!... :p

Hmm... Transmutate? - Interesting. :cool:
It is definitely a very memorable episode that's for sure, such very foreign narrative territory for a kids cartoon of any time but with incredible character driven performance and progression - Susan Blu did an excellent job for the few lines she had in the show/episode too. ;):)

It's got to be asked, which is your favourite figure?

1AZRAEL1
7th August 2011, 12:53 PM
G'day and welcome to the boards.

Transmutate is a good episode, very touching I thought for a kids cartoon.

FailedManic
7th August 2011, 01:11 PM
You may of won this battle, Maximal, but you will not win the war

"Finish the quote, Megatron. 'Nor would we surrender!'"
(Quoted from entirely different episodes, but oh well :p).

It's got to be asked, which is your favourite figure?

From Beast Wars, Silverbolt is my favourite figure. The feather/fur detail, the wolf head's sculpt, wing paint apps and transformation scheme are all really well done. I think that it's overall just an awesome figure. Plus it's show accurate too. :cool:
The only real let down for me is his backpack/wing assembly in robot mode, but I can easily over look that considering the rest of the figure.

What about you, obviously a pred fan, but favourite episode, character or figure?
Or anyone else for that matter who feels like sharing their faves.

1AZRAEL1
7th August 2011, 01:16 PM
My fav character would have to Inferno :D

Hursticon
7th August 2011, 01:40 PM
"Finish the quote, Megatron. 'Nor would we surrender!'"
(Quoted from entirely different episodes, but oh well :p).

"Blast that scheming spider! Again he defies me!" :D

From Beast Wars, Silverbolt is my favourite figure. The feather/fur detail, the wolf head's sculpt, wing paint apps and transformation scheme are all really well done. I think that it's overall just an awesome figure. Plus it's show accurate too. :cool:
The only real let down for me is his backpack/wing assembly in robot mode, but I can easily over look that considering the rest of the figure.

He is an extraordinary figure isn't he?, his range of weapons, aesthetics and show accuracy are all awesome. :D
I can see what you mean about the back kibble, but it's got to be said that the engineers did an incredible job for their time - Makes a good candidate for a Classicsverse update huh? ;):cool:

What about you, obviously a pred fan, but favourite episode, character or figure?
Or anyone else for that matter who feels like sharing their faves.

Oh yeah, I'm a Predacon/Decepticon as I just always liked the bad guys more. :D

For me, my favourites are:

Episode: Feral Scream Part 1 & 2, I love these episodes for so many reasons but namely - The narrative was an excellent way of introducing the new toyline gimmick with an added Cloning-come-Frankenstein slant and it also introduced a very intriguing Macguffin: The Transmetal Driver (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Transmetal_driver). (Discussed here (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=11216&highlight=transmetal+driver) actually)
Character: Hmm... It would have to be Tarantulas very, very closely followed by Inferno and Dinobot/II.
Figure: Now this is very hard as it seems to change from time to time... I'd have to say... On a pure toy basis, Gorilla Optimus Primal which is very closely followed by Transmetal Tarantulas, Inferno and Dinobot II.

Verno
7th August 2011, 02:09 PM
I think the important question is: What's missing from your BW collection?

*Sniggers in the corner*

FailedManic
7th August 2011, 06:37 PM
I think the important question is: What's missing from your BW collection?

*Sniggers in the corner*

I'm ashamed to say that I still don't have a Dinobot. Even though I'm a fan of the character, I didn't really like the original figure. I've been thinking of getting the henkei version, but I've never gotten around to it. :(
I'm hoping to post some photos of my collection tomorrow.

Verno
7th August 2011, 07:57 PM
I'm ashamed to say that I still don't have a Dinobot. Even though I'm a fan of the character, I didn't really like the original figure. I've been thinking of getting the henkei version, but I've never gotten around to it. :(
I'm hoping to post some photos of my collection tomorrow.

I've thought about getting Henkei Dinobot and Cheetor myself. Cheetor seems easy, and cheap, enough to find, but Dinobot is impossible to track down for a decent price :mad:

Sam
7th August 2011, 11:08 PM
Welcome to the forum!

janda the red
8th August 2011, 12:44 PM
hey manic...

this is the place to be if your into tf's, welcome aboard!

janda :)

5FDP
16th August 2011, 11:15 AM
http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/6158/drunkprime.jpg

optimus1
5th September 2011, 01:31 AM
Welcome to the boards! Great another Sydneysider :)

optimus1
5th September 2011, 01:32 AM
Welcome to the boards!

Sam
5th September 2011, 08:16 PM
Welcome to the forum, great to see another Sydney TF fan. :)

GoktimusPrime
24th September 2011, 11:14 AM
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/avatars/wb_bw2.jpg