PDA

View Full Version : New Classics 2.0 Universe Bios

STL
17th May 2008, 08:57 AM
http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=177126

Interesting enough. The one bio that really excites me is Acid Rain. I would absolutely love to get a complete set of the Rainmakers. Damn them, but the seekers are infectious!

Paulbot
17th May 2008, 12:02 PM
Interesting, Blaster seems to have a G1 comic bio.

And Tankor supplies "high-octane".... capitalise the OCTANE please :)

Robzy
17th May 2008, 03:29 PM
Cool! :cool: Prowl's the "right hand man"... I hope they make the left one too! And by that I mean Jazz! :D

kup
17th May 2008, 03:36 PM
Blaster is indeed a bit interesting...Is this 'new' Blaster being portrayed as a Cybertronian (pre earth) Blaster??

If that's the case it will make a difference in my opinion and view of the toy.

Gutsman Heavy
18th May 2008, 12:11 PM
Blaster is indeed a bit interesting...Is this 'new' Blaster being portrayed as a Cybertronian (pre earth) Blaster??

If that's the case it will make a difference in my opinion and view of the toy.

seems to be, like 2-pack Ratbat is his cyb form

roller
18th May 2008, 12:39 PM
ACid storm is the best!!!!

Finally a rainmaker toy

looks like Hasbro are starting to think logically, now if only we could change Tankors name

optimus1
19th May 2008, 05:53 PM
Sorry to sound like a noob but who are the Rainmakers and what series are they from?

Robzy
19th May 2008, 06:10 PM
They're Cybertronian seekers from G1. This link (http://transformers.wikia.com/wiki/Rainmaker) explains it in more detail...

:)

Lord_Zed
19th May 2008, 07:02 PM
My god, a well thought out repaint, that's not Sunstorm.

What is the world comming to, maybe it's the 25th Anniversary effect kicking in, and we'll se similar competency to that show on the new GI Joes.

I rather like Galvatrons new profile myself, I like tha they chose to make him mysterious rather than just another reformat of Megatron.

kup
19th May 2008, 07:54 PM
Wait as second!

I just studied on Acid Storm: http://transformers.wikia.com/wiki/Acid_Storm

The character is NOT an Archer design but one of the nameless seekers that appeared in the G1 cartoon!

Then how come Archer in his interview clearly stated that the character was his own personal and unique creation? He made it seem as if the character was 100% his idea and not something with original G1 origins.

This revelation warms me up to the character side of the toy now although I don't particularly like the paint job, his legitimate G1 character origins make him a must buy.

Paulbot
19th May 2008, 08:23 PM
Nah, Archer came up with his own set of camo-colours for the seeker repaint and someone else probably tied it into the rainmaker characters to make it a legit G1 homage and non a makeup-gun recolour.

Given that the cartoon characters had no names and different colour schemes to what the toy will have, IMHO it's stretching things a bit to say it's one of them. But then so is the creation of the Sunstorm character I guess.

Gutsman Heavy
19th May 2008, 08:29 PM
Given that the cartoon characters had no names and different colour schemes to what the toy will have, IMHO it's stretching things a bit to say it's one of them. But then so is the creation of the Sunstorm character I guess.

bingo, this dude has just as much right to be a G1 character as the Creamsicle creamseeker.

kup
19th May 2008, 09:07 PM
Nah, Archer came up with his own set of camo-colours for the seeker repaint and someone else probably tied it into the rainmaker characters to make it a legit G1 homage and non a makeup-gun recolour.

Well whoever did the clever name slapping managed a sale. I would have otherwise continued to shun the figure if the bio had not tied him to G1.

I guess that is one of the flaws of being a character driven collector, I will buy a crappy figure if it successfully represents a character of a fictional universe that I enjoy.

Robzy
19th May 2008, 09:40 PM
I guess that is one of the flaws of being a character driven collector, I will buy a crappy figure if it successfully represents a character of a fictional universe that I enjoy.
Yeah... me too :o

I'm eyeing off that E-hobby City Guardian Omega repaint! ;)

roller
19th May 2008, 10:13 PM
i didnt know that Kup, so Archer das clown was trying something else and some clever undering managed to put the name to the green.

That person should be in charge

This is as close to the Rainmaker we are going to get, im pleased that one of them finally has a toy and some Bio.

Maybe he came to Earth in 2005 and scanned an earth plane, a reason as to why he doesnt look like he did in 'Divide and Conquer' :D

Lord_Zed
19th May 2008, 10:42 PM
I'm warming to him, as he has a fairly realistic paintjob for a seeker. Sure Bright green would have been show accurate, but also make him look like Kermit the Frog. Not that I got anything against Kermit but I don't think he'd make a good Decepticon.

Lastly Acid storm helps reinforce the Decepticon side for those of other who couldn't aquire/and or aford the botcon set. As without that set the Decepticon Classics are rather badly outnumbered.

Pulse
19th May 2008, 11:45 PM
Bio tying him to G1, Camouflage paint job etc...

It still hasn't worked on me. :rolleyes:

roller
20th May 2008, 12:01 AM
well

he was fluroscent green before, this new Earth mode of his was probably the closest he will get to his old 80s colours

Now if only we could have his fellow team members, BW Neo Thrust looks like the yellah one

Paulbot
20th May 2008, 08:32 AM
Sure Bright green would have been show accurate, but also make him look like Kermit the Frog. Not that I got anything against Kermit but I don't think he'd make a good Decepticon.

Muppet-inspired Transformers? I like that idea (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=1096) :)