PDA

View Full Version : Importing and Shipping TF

ispayks
9th August 2011, 02:55 PM
Hi Guys

Not quite sure if there has been a thread about this. If there is please move or merge this with an existing one.

I have acquired 36 deluxe figures and counting from overseas and wondering how many can an individual import to Australia. All of them are new.

Just wanted to know everyone's experience etc.

How many figures shipped in one package/box/consignment?
How much tax if any?

The most I imported was 12 deluxe figures from HK no tax.

Looking forward to your reply.

Thanks!

UltraMarginal
9th August 2011, 02:58 PM
A long as the value is below 1k you're fine.

bowspearer
9th August 2011, 03:03 PM

Yes and no. Are any of the 36 any G1-esque versions of Megatron, Browning or Magnun Robo? If so, you might want to get in touch with Australian Customs and see what you need to do to safely be able to import them.

UltraMarginal
9th August 2011, 03:26 PM
Yes and no. Are any of the 36 any G1-esque versions of Megatron, Browning or Magnun Robo? If so, you might want to get in touch with Australian Customs and see what you need to do to safely be able to import them.

Oh yea, except for that.

SkyWarp91
9th August 2011, 05:09 PM

even if the value is over 1grand he can still get his toys though right? He would only just get taxed a bit?

ispayks
9th August 2011, 05:12 PM
Oh yea, except for that.

Cheers.

None of those g1 megatron types. Just thought the quantities would matter especially if there are 2 or more of the same figure. Purchase price is not even close to $500.

1orion2many
9th August 2011, 05:36 PM
FYI don't panic if things take longer sometimes, I had a box of items take an extra 2 weeks because customs wanted to give it a thorough inspection:eek::rolleyes::) I have imported a Fort Max for $250 Aus, yes a very long time ago:o and got charged an extra $150 tax to be able to get it from the postal service:(, Those bad old days have gone luckily and as stated above you need to break the 1K mark to get hit by the 10%.;)