PDA

View Full Version : Action Man!

Paul Agnew
9th August 2011, 03:26 PM
It's clearly established to anyone who browses this board that G.I. Joe has quite the following amongst our community, myself included.

And while G.I. Joe is great, I have a rather shameful secret to share...

Am I the only member who enjoys/ed his British counterpart, Action Man?

While many unfamiliar people would consider him simply a repackage of Joe, or a later repackaged force of familiar faces, the Man of Action has quite a legacy of his own, particularly when looking back on the mid-late 1990's as the next generation hit shelves here.

So would anyone find it 'childish' or 'immature' to scrounge around for Action Man figures, customize them, and take photographs in 'real-world' situations (i.e. climb a mountain, ride a bike, tackle a weedy forest etc.)? It's not like none of us do that with Transformers or anything. :p

Hursticon
9th August 2011, 06:41 PM
I've always been of the opinion that it took an entire team of Schmoes to equal Action Man's prowess as Special Forces Operative. :D
I wouldn't be against seeing some interesting shots of him in everday situations either. ;):cool:

After all, he is: "The Greatest Hero of 'Em All!"... In human terms. :p

kurdt_the_goat
9th August 2011, 08:03 PM
Literally all i remember of action man is that tagline/jingle from the adverts that you just used hursticon!

King Atlas
9th August 2011, 08:48 PM
I don't know about the figures, but at least the show was awesome!

intro - with espionage-esque music
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xucv0oXcxU&feature=related

Hursticon
9th August 2011, 09:06 PM
Literally all i remember of action man is that tagline/jingle from the adverts that you just used hursticon!

Hehehe... :D

I don't know about the figures, but at least the show was awesome!

intro - with espionage-esque music
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xucv0oXcxU&feature=related

Ahh... Memories. :D
Wait!, Spanish? :confused:

King Atlas
9th August 2011, 09:53 PM
It's the best quality and the only complete intro on youtube. The english ones are bad quality and cut-off the intro.

Hursticon
9th August 2011, 09:57 PM
It's the best quality and the only complete intro on youtube. The english ones are bad quality and cut-off the intro.

Hehe, that's cool man - I was more referring to the fact that my memory didn't recall the Spanish. :p
That cartoon wasn't half bad in the day :), then they changed it all up and 'modernised' it. :rolleyes: