PDA

View Full Version : hey guys

Golden Phoenix
17th May 2008, 01:24 PM
Hi guys.
beens floating around the forums for about a week or so, figured I would post one of these.
I've always like Transformers, but had a bit of a dark ages at the start of high school. didn't get back into them until the tail end of Armada.
I am currently studying Games Development at Victoria University and I work when I can in a coffee shop near Melbourne's CBD, I am still a penniless student though. Transformers isn't my only hobby/addiction. I have to divide what money I have between Lego, Video Games, Snowboarding and my Girlfriend.

My current collection is sitting at about 70-80 Transformers sets, including plenty of mini-cons. I also started buying the IDW Transformer comics recently. I prefer getting trade paper backs over the individual comics though, so I have to be patient while they get those done.
My favorite series would have to be Armada. I do love the idea of the mini-cons being Unicron's creations and acting as boosters and weapons for the other Transformers.
Toyline wise, Classics and Cybertron would be up there in the top, but I can't get past the Beast Wars. I think one of the things I like about the line is now there is the real sort of "thrill of the hunt (http://www.shortpacked.com/d/20051014.html)."
Hunting down a good Beast Wars figure for a good price just adds something to it. Something satisfying.

Pulse
17th May 2008, 02:44 PM
Hey Mate :)

Not another Melbournite...

http://www.econ.upf.edu/~fleiss/Welcome1_files/homer-doh.jpg

:D

Robzy
17th May 2008, 03:19 PM
Welcome, Unicron fan!

Proceed... on your way to Oblivion!
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk199/sunglikeahorse/Unicronplanet.jpg

:)

Adzma
17th May 2008, 06:39 PM
Awesome, another TF fan from Melbourne. Our vast army increases ever more... Hope you enjoy your stay. ;)

jaydisc
17th May 2008, 07:48 PM
Welcome local. Do you collect any current lines?

autobreadticon
17th May 2008, 08:11 PM
hay how are yaa.

Sam
17th May 2008, 09:28 PM
Welcome to the forum mate. I also collect LEGO, and am into video games, but probably not as much as you so it doesn't cost me as much money. I understand having these hobbies can drain your wallet quickly. :)

By the way, did you know that your forum name "Golden Phoenix" is the actually the brand name of the rice I buy? LOL :)

k.wong23
17th May 2008, 11:58 PM
yess understand your pain of balancing transformers with girlfriend and other hobbies

WHY AM I FORCED TO BUY CLOTHES I JSUT WANT TO COLLECT TRANSFORMERSS

im in hawthorn im close to you mate! :D

welcome

iceburn
18th May 2008, 12:18 AM
hi and welcome finally...

roller
18th May 2008, 12:31 PM
Zapdos i choose you!!!

Welcome young pokemon master

Paulbot
18th May 2008, 08:54 PM
Welcome and hope to meet you at an upcomming Melb meet.

STL
18th May 2008, 11:34 PM
Hey Mate :)

Not another Melbournite...

:D

Don't mind him, he's just jealous cos Melbournites are superior, Sydney siders inferior. :D

I live in Bulleen which is pretty close to where you are mate.

oh, and welcome aboard! :)

Bartrim
19th May 2008, 10:21 AM
Welcome aboard

Golden Phoenix
19th May 2008, 03:13 PM
Welcome local. Do you collect any current lines?
Well I just recently picked up 2 of the Star Wars transformers, EpII Obi-Wan and Commander Cody. I'm not a huge fan of them movie line. Of the original molds for it I only really like Barricade, Scorponok and Landmine. Reason being is that although the alt modes look good, the robot modes suffer. I have picked up some of the target/wal-mart exclusives though: Gridcore and Divebomb, I missed these during the Cybertron line and I actually like these repaints better.
I am excited about the Animated and Universe 2.0 lines though.

Borgeman
20th May 2008, 07:37 AM
always good to see the mexican count inreasing :)

welcome

George

1orion2many
20th May 2008, 02:49 PM
:)Welcome to the board, the West Aussie contingent believe in quality over quantity, except of course where Roller is concerned but he is the comic relief:p:D.

SilverDragon
21st May 2008, 06:01 PM
Welcome!

Well I just recently picked up 2 of the Star Wars transformers, EpII Obi-Wan and Commander Cody. I'm not a huge fan of them movie line. Of the original molds for it I only really like Barricade, Scorponok and Landmine. Reason being is that although the alt modes look good, the robot modes suffer.

Hint: Get Wreckage. You'll be pleasantly surprised.