PDA

View Full Version : What happens if do not complete census form?

k.wong23
9th August 2011, 10:03 PM
Hi everyone, my dad stupidly threw out our Census form so when I wanted to fill it out we have no opportunity. Further the hotline closed at 8pm.

Anyone know what the consequences of not completing it are?

SGB
9th August 2011, 10:16 PM
A $110 fine, I believe.

Demonac
9th August 2011, 10:24 PM
you can do it online.
I don't have a link handy though.

Decepticon
9th August 2011, 10:28 PM
You get a death sentence! Lol

i_amtrunks
9th August 2011, 10:30 PM
http://stream0.census.gov.au/eCensusWeb/welcome.jsp

But you need your census paper to get the id number from it.

There is a $$$ fine, I have heard anything from $110 to $150.

I'm sure you could call the hotline tomorrow and get a number, you have until September to submit the census information, and not everyone could/would do it tonight.

k.wong23
9th August 2011, 10:51 PM
http://stream0.census.gov.au/eCensusWeb/welcome.jsp

But you need your census paper to get the id number from it.

There is a $$$ fine, I have heard anything from $110 to $150.

I'm sure you could call the hotline tomorrow and get a number, you have until September to submit the census information, and not everyone could/would do it tonight.

Thankyou all, I knew it could be done online but yes it requires the 'ID number'. I'll give them a call tomorrow to obtain an online number.

Thanks for the reassurance - except the death sentence one!!:p

Hopefully no fine.

Skullcruncher
15th August 2011, 10:16 AM
You get a death sentence! Lol

Hehe who wants my TF's then!?! No way am I filling it out, my neigbours filled it out totally the opposite of what is the truth. I don't vote either....

Accel
15th August 2011, 12:06 PM
It was such a waste of time. asking every little bit of information of your life.

BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING!

like the "Even though you have been working have you been looking for a job?" no way in hell I'm telling you what if my boss somehow through some weird occurrence of events found out! :P

tron07
18th August 2011, 11:26 AM
tell them you had filled it and posted it.

lol

BTW, I am a Jedi (religion)

kup
18th August 2011, 11:45 AM
It was such a waste of time. asking every little bit of information of your life.

BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING!

like the "Even though you have been working have you been looking for a job?" no way in hell I'm telling you what if my boss somehow through some weird occurrence of events found out! :P

That's how I felt when I was filling out the form. Very little else aside from your own personal details. I don't see how they can use much of the information gained for anything substantial. It felt more like for the Government to keep a record of who you are and where you are than anything to better society.

Zippo
18th August 2011, 02:38 PM
I had to fill out a census form while I was visiting -- since I was in the country at the time. Pretty easy for me since I am unemployed, so they didn't get too much information out of me.