PDA

View Full Version : battle damage RTS rodimus

matt-bilby
12th August 2011, 02:27 PM
One of my friends asked if i could paint battle damage on hid RTS Rodimus considering he has already got a original classics Rodimus so I did just that!
plus I also added some detailing that this version of figure needs badly :p

KillinSpoon
12th August 2011, 02:44 PM
This is pretty awesome! Can I send you mine? :P

Vector Prime
12th August 2011, 02:46 PM

+1 :D

matt-bilby
12th August 2011, 02:51 PM
sure! if you can pay for postage and a few bucks for the paint I use "sure if you want to"

1AZRAEL1
12th August 2011, 03:05 PM
Fantastic mate, looks really well done.

matt-bilby
12th August 2011, 03:09 PM
Fantastic mate, looks really well done.

thanks believe it or not this is only the 2nd time I have attempted painting battle damage. My first try was on a Gundam series MG Char's Z'gok

UltraMarginal
12th August 2011, 03:20 PM
very nice work, lots of detail too. is the fine black a gundam marker?
did you use paints otherwise or differnt types of pens, the gold and silver on the flames looks like it could be from one of those metallic marker pens

i_amtrunks
12th August 2011, 03:21 PM
Scorch marks are very nicely done in alt mode, and the wear and tear turned out quite nicely too. Top stuff.

matt-bilby
12th August 2011, 03:33 PM
very nice work, lots of detail too. is the fine black a gundam marker?
did you use paints otherwise or differnt types of pens, the gold and silver on the flames looks like it could be from one of those metallic marker pens

thanks!
actually I only used model paints and a model brush and for the black and silver i used cotton buds and sort of did a dry brush thing and with the gold a silver I just painted over the decal of the flame and then painted the outline, all done with a brush and model paints

matt-bilby
12th August 2011, 03:36 PM
Scorch marks are very nicely done in alt mode, and the wear and tear turned out quite nicely too. Top stuff.

thanks! I was going to just have the silver but I thought more on the laser gun side. So scorch marks came to mind

loophole
12th August 2011, 05:44 PM
cool!!

Zeratron
12th August 2011, 06:00 PM
Looks really effective, nice work!!

Decepticon
12th August 2011, 06:27 PM
Thats really cool! I reckon it would be even better if the damage was actually little dents in the plastic to make them look more realistic but still very good!!:)

tjparkside
12th August 2011, 06:44 PM
:cool: Wow! Very nice work! I really like what you have done! keep up the good work! :)

M-bot
12th August 2011, 07:33 PM
Nice work! I especially like the alt mode.

Hursticon
12th August 2011, 08:57 PM
Gritty and Detailed Highlights - Well done man! :eek::cool: