PDA

View Full Version : Hasbro HK promotion event

Kyle
18th May 2008, 03:20 PM
Yesterday Hasbro Hong Kong held a very small "play testing" event to promote the release of Animated toys in HK on 19th May. Two of my buddies from HK-TF, Heero and Ben were there. There were some pics of Classics 2.0 as well.

http://www.hk-tf.com/discuz/upload/viewthread.php?tid=5006&extra=page%3D1

http://www.hk-tf.com/discuz/upload/viewthread.php?tid=5007&extra=page%3D1

roller
18th May 2008, 06:58 PM
interesting

Sam
18th May 2008, 07:24 PM
I see Sunstreaker! And Octa... Tankor!!

STL
18th May 2008, 11:29 PM
That's a great Optimus Prime cosplayer there.

griffin
19th May 2008, 03:23 PM
I emailed Hasbro AU a few weeks back to see if they wanted to do something like this in this country, while Eric Seibernaler was in the country (he worked on the designs of some of the Animated toys). But they never replied. Probably didn't see the need for it here because they only need to convince retailers to stock the toys, and leave it up to the retailers to sell them.

Kyle
19th May 2008, 04:30 PM
The least they could have done was a simple reply. :/

reillyd
19th May 2008, 04:35 PM
The pictures you linked to were great Kyle, but what was it like to actually play with them? Were they too simple, were the gimmicks fun?

Kyle
19th May 2008, 04:39 PM
I wasn't at the event. :p

But on the same day at the Perth meet, I got to play with some of Griffin's Animated toys that he got from BotCon. I really liked them. :)

Heero
20th May 2008, 03:15 PM
Animated toys are great~!
Innovated design, show accurate, fun to play. If I have to make a complain about the animated toys, it'll be deluxe class bumblebee...the yellow just isn't right...

As for the classic 2.0, sunstreaker is a must have! It's kinda like a scale down version of Alternators. It lokks really nice in both robot and vehicle modes and has great articulation! Comparably, Tankor isn't as outstanding. All 3 modes have a little sacrifice for a triple changer design. Articulation in robot mode isn't as good as sunstreaker, wings are not to scale in flight mode, vehicle mode doesn't have enough cover-up to make it looks like a oil tank truck... But if we compare tankor to astrotrain, it's definitely not bad at all~!

Kyle
20th May 2008, 03:21 PM
My only complaint with the Animated toys is the plastic look as well. :p

kurdt_the_goat
20th May 2008, 03:27 PM
Cause there are a lot of flat colour surfaces, i think the animated toys do look a bit more plastic than say the Movie figures do. But, in terms of colour application, Animated is blowing away the Movie figures for me. They're reallllly striking to display, whereas the movie figures have lots of detail but quite a bit of it is lost from being unpainted (or too painted - bloody Ironhide's eyes!) Also, the plastic on animated toys is a lot sturdier than it looks in pictures!

Robzy
20th May 2008, 06:05 PM
But, in terms of colour application, Animated is blowing away the Movie figures for me. They're reallllly striking to display,+1 :)

I think they look amazing!

Pulse
20th May 2008, 06:33 PM
This talk/pics of the new moulds in Classics 2.0 makes me constantly look up at that giant countdown clock on the wall ticking down second-by-second-by-second... :D