PDA

View Full Version : Possible MOTU 200X bulk buy

bowspearer
20th August 2011, 10:53 PM
A store near my girlfriend has a stack of MOTU200x toys that are sealed that they're talking about selling off for half price. I currently have a pending vintage MOTU trade with them, and I thought that it might be mutually beneficial if I was able to scout out what these guys had and people might need, and in the process, possibly get myself a better deal on the vintage stuff.

I'll post a list tomorrow once I've had a chance to scout out what they have. The only catch is going to be that we'll most likely need to move on this by the end of the month, as the store changes ownership then.

If anyone is interested, let me know.

Hursticon
20th August 2011, 11:10 PM
I bet there will be interest in these dude. ;):cool:
I myself am curious on a normal Skeletor and He-Man, pending prices. :o

liegeprime
20th August 2011, 11:13 PM
hmm curious on a 200x normal Teela and Mossman pending price and if they have any on stock.... also if there be any vehicles like the War whale and Attack squid:)

bowspearer
20th August 2011, 11:16 PM
I'll get a full list tomorrow when I walk down there. I know there were a couple of vehicles/beasts, but it was mainly figures (about 15-20 of them from memory), as well as a staction of Snout Spout.

kup
21st August 2011, 12:12 AM
A store near my girlfriend has a stack of MOTU200x toys that are sealed that they're talking about selling off for half price. I currently have a pending vintage MOTU trade with them, and I thought that it might be mutually beneficial if I was able to scout out what these guys had and people might need, and in the process, possibly get myself a better deal on the vintage stuff.

I'll post a list tomorrow once I've had a chance to scout out what they have. The only catch is going to be that we'll most likely need to move on this by the end of the month, as the store changes ownership then.

If anyone is interested, let me know.

If there is an Action Chipped bad guy, I am in.

bowspearer
21st August 2011, 12:09 PM
Slight delay on this and it might not happen now. After today's experience in the store when I had the only staffer on say as an attack "you've got your $H!+ here that's going to be sitting here for months" when I mentioned the possibility of a deal (which is a) a blatant lie and b) even if it wasn't, I shouldn't be spoken to like that as a customer, let alone when I'm bringing a hundreds of dollars worth of business their way as well as proposing a deal to help them shift stuff they were even contemplating putting at half price to get rid of), I want to talk to the owner how they feel about that kind of conduct by staff members, as I may well cancel my own pending deal after being spoken to that way by a staff member, pending his response to it.

gekisou
21st August 2011, 12:17 PM
Interested in MOTU 200X stuff... pending prices. Nothing specific... maybe a Teela but still...

*sorry missed the message above this*

Just noticed what you added above. More embarressed than anything actually.

bowspearer
24th August 2011, 05:05 PM
Finally got onto the manager who'll deal with the situation. As I said with this, all this needs to be finalised (including me being sent the money and purchasing them- direct deposit to avoid paypal fees) by next Wednesday.

Here's the list- everything is at half price its original price:

Skeletor $20
http://www.rockvivien.com/motu/photos_moderne/skel.jpg
Snakemen skeletor $25
http://www.rockvivien.com/motu/photos_moderne/skelblood.jpg
mer-man $25
snakemen ice armour skeletor $25
http://www.rockvivien.com/motu/photos_moderne/icearskel.jpg
snakemen beast man in mer man bubble $25
http://www.rockvivien.com/motu/photos_moderne/beastmanrepaint%20error.jpg
(EDIT: found that stock photo on a reference site in case someone was collecting sealed variants)
man at arms $25

stactions:
snout spout $30
http://www.rockvivien.com/motu/photos_moderne/snoutspout.jpg

Battle Armour He-Man $27.50 -PENDING gekisou
battle armour skeletor $27.50 -PENDING gekisou
buzz-off $25 -CLAIMED Tetsuwan Convoy
mutant slime pit $15 -CLAIMED liegeprime
he-man vs skeletor $45 -CLAIMED Tetsuwan Convoy
samurai battle raptor $15 -CLAIMED liegeprime

stactions:
clawful $30 -CLAIMED liegeprime

liegeprime
24th August 2011, 06:03 PM
oooh Im after Mutant Slime pit and Samurai Battle raptor please!! Oh interested in Staction Clawful if it does go half price. Ill keep posted on this thread. :)

bowspearer
24th August 2011, 06:10 PM
No probs, I'll mark those as pending (possible pending in the case of the staction). We'll have to sort out the money side of things in the next few days as it may prove easier for me to sort this out over the weekend rather than rushing it next wednesday.

kup
24th August 2011, 06:56 PM
Can you confirm if any of those figures are the Action Chip version?

bowspearer
24th August 2011, 07:48 PM
Can you confirm if any of those figures are the Action Chip version?

Not off the top of my head- not into the 200x stuff at all so I have no idea. I'm sure others would know though.

liegeprime
24th August 2011, 07:52 PM
No probs, I'll mark those as pending (possible pending in the case of the staction). We'll have to sort out the money side of things in the next few days as it may prove easier for me to sort this out over the weekend rather than rushing it next wednesday.

Sure thing, just pm me your bank account details so I can deposit ASAP.

Oh and as for the chip thingie that kup is asking for, if they would allow you Bow to inspect the figures up close it is easily visible from underneath the packaging- looks like a small sim card on the foot of the figure, so you dont have to open the figure at all:)

Cheers

Tetsuwan Convoy
24th August 2011, 09:10 PM
I am pretty keen for He-man Vs Skeletor pack and Buzz off.

bowspearer
24th August 2011, 09:48 PM
Updated the pendings. TC, hursti got in slightly before you on the 2-pack but there's a slight complication there- put you down as next in line for it. If that still goes ahead, do you want me to mark that regular skeletor as pending for you?

Tetsuwan Convoy
24th August 2011, 10:03 PM
Yes please, that'd be cool Bowsp. cheers

bowspearer
24th August 2011, 10:11 PM
No probs. I'll find out one way or another tomorrow and from there, I'll pm people bank account details in a mass pm, reminding everyone involved what they're up for. I really need people to put the money in via direct deposit by Friday in order to make this happen as I wont be here in Canberra from Monday afternoon.

gekisou
25th August 2011, 10:35 AM
I'm happy with Armour Skeletor and Armour He-Man. And once I get your bank details, the money goes in. :)

kurdt_the_goat
25th August 2011, 11:33 AM
Anyone else looking for BA He-Man & BA Skeletor (loose), check out my sales thread! (http://otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8700)

Tetsuwan Convoy
25th August 2011, 02:28 PM
Anyone else looking for BA He-Man & BA Skeletor (loose), check out my sales thread! (http://otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8700)

I thought that would cop a plug from you ;)

bowspearer
25th August 2011, 02:50 PM
A couple of things. Turns out the 2 pack has been opened, but it looks like it's only been inspected as nothing looks like it's been removed. Not sure if that's a concern to people in terms of wanting a sealed display piece.

Secondly, the stactions are half price apparently (altered the prices). Also confirmed that the Snakemen Skeletor is the blood coloured version (posted a pic from a reference site).

I'll shoot out PMs tonight with bank details.

liegeprime
25th August 2011, 08:51 PM
Pm replied and payment details included, Thanks for organizing this :):)

bowspearer
25th August 2011, 10:03 PM
No probs, changes made to the list accordingly.

gekisou
25th August 2011, 11:20 PM
Would you like me to send you the money from direct debit or just give you the cash on Sat?

bowspearer
26th August 2011, 12:09 AM
Cash on Saturday is fine. We can work out a meet up after or depending on how close to Civic you are, I can get you the figs on Monday arvo.

bowspearer
28th August 2011, 03:32 AM
Deal was finalised yesterday. Will sort out shipping where necessary in the next week or so.

liegeprime
4th September 2011, 02:52 PM
Deal was finalised yesterday. Will sort out shipping where necessary in the next week or so.

That's good to know, erm will you be attending the next Parra fair? Can I pick it up from you there and then if ever? If not pm me cost to post to Quakers Hill. Thanks for organizing this.:):)

bowspearer
4th September 2011, 07:16 PM
I'll know whether I'll be at the fair closer to the time. At the moment shipping quotes for it are indefinitely stalled. In a nutshell, the 200X stuff is in Canberra, the packing materials are up on the Central Coast and my girlfriend's car is effectively undriveable in terms of a trip up to the Coast to see me (when I travel to Canberra, I do so by public transport) so I have no way of getting them up to the Coast undamaged until that situation has been resolved. I'll let people know what's happening there as soon as I know.

Tetsuwan Convoy
6th September 2011, 01:51 AM
Mah, that's a bit sucky. But I am cool with it. Whenever you are able Bowseperererererererererer

:D

bowspearer
17th September 2011, 07:53 PM
At this stage I should be able to get the figures boxed up and quoted next week end. Considering the last time I said it was a given, smoke started coming out from under my girlfriend's car 5 mins from her place, I don't want to say it's a definite until her car pulls up in my driveway :p.