PDA

View Full Version : OTCA Stop Motion Project?

SkyWarp91
23rd August 2011, 04:00 PM
I was thinking of getting the otca community involved in making a stop-motion TF short-movie together, the movie would be kind of like Pulp Fiction in that each chapter/act focuses on certain characters but all acts are linked by a core theme/plot device. Anyone interested in doing this in the name of OTCA? Some of us could be writers, animators and editors!

Firestorm
23rd August 2011, 04:12 PM
I'll help
I've wanted to try making another stop motion, but I'm willing to help with any part (eg writing, filming, editing, voice acting if needed)

SkyWarp91
23rd August 2011, 07:36 PM
I'll help
I've wanted to try making another stop motion, but I'm willing to help with any part (eg writing, filming, editing, voice acting if needed)

thanks firestorm. Should we brainstorm some ideas of a core-plot/theme to follow? Actually the first question should be what line of Transformers are we focusing on (classics toys? movie toys?) or can we use a mix of all of them?

Hursticon
23rd August 2011, 08:44 PM
I wouldn't mind trying to story-board some scenes when/where I've got the time and if anyone wants my help? :)

LordCyrusOmega
23rd August 2011, 08:52 PM
I'm pretty good at writing and imagining. I like the idea of a project by the Australian Fandom.
It could also be used as advertising for the site. A commercial test shot letting others know we are here

loophole
23rd August 2011, 08:57 PM
Classics would be the line to go with IMO

Firestorm
23rd August 2011, 09:18 PM
Classics might be a good idea or we could do Animated :D

But regardless of what universe we decide on i'm still all for this

Firestorm
26th August 2011, 12:24 AM
So, Classics then?

SkyWarp91
26th August 2011, 12:28 AM
So, Classics then?

I think so!

Firestorm
26th August 2011, 12:52 AM
Any ideas for a plot?

SkyWarp91
26th August 2011, 06:07 PM
I was thinking maybe something to do with power Core Combiners, like either faction starts to use them and the other does the same in return and somehow the PCCs are rendered extinct/useless

Hursticon
26th August 2011, 06:13 PM
I was thinking maybe something to do with power Core Combiners, like either faction starts to use them and the other does the same in return and somehow the PCCs are rendered extinct/useless

*Cough* FansProject Bruticus *Cough* ;):D

SkyWarp91
26th August 2011, 06:15 PM
*Cough* FansProject Bruticus *Cough* ;):D

to be honest i have no idea what you mean by saying that lol :D

Maybe Hursti could be penning our first mini-episode? :):)

Hursticon
26th August 2011, 06:36 PM
to be honest i have no idea what you mean by saying that lol :D

Maybe Hursti could be penning our first mini-episode? :):)

http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Crap/Bruticus08.jpg

;)

Haphazard
27th August 2011, 11:48 PM
I would be totally into this project, but then I'd be spreading myself thin. So much crap I need to do! D: I would have loved to have been able to do something like this, but I have no time at the moment. When I have a bit of time, count me in though!

Also. Stop motion animation. Will it have a sound track and/or voice acting? I might know two guys who'd be all over the voice acting side of things, if I can finally drag them both onto the forums. xD

kup
28th August 2011, 12:59 AM
Strangely enough, I often think up stories that I could shoot in stop motion, usually when I get a toy that I am very excited about. I have been looking at a way to do it for a couple of months now and believe that I have the technical know how to do it. I just need to buy the proper equipment.

When I get some time, I may write up a few of the story boards that I have created in my mind. I have taken them from beginning to end so they are more than just a passing thought!

One of the stories:

The Reflector team vs Blaster and his tapes - A story about a journey through Cybertron's dangerous wastelands. The Reflector team needs to confirm vitally needed intel for the Decepticons with the security of Kaon at stake due to an imminent Autobot invasion.

It's basically a 'on the other side' story with the protagonists being the Reflector team going into what could easily be a 'wild goose chase' or preventing the loss of Kaon to the Autobots. Much of the story would be the journey with characters they meet such as the 'citizens' of Kaon including friendly (and not so friendly) characters. The climax would be when they reach their objective and what they find. There is a plot twist and action as well as a big battle with Bruticus so Hurti would be pleased ;)

King Atlas
28th August 2011, 05:01 AM
I am so for this :cool:

SkyWarp91
2nd September 2011, 04:01 PM
I like your thinking Kup, but that Kaon story sounds like it would involve a big production budget.

Also, good question with the voice acting/soundtrack Haphazard. Anyone here on the boards that can do a decent Optimus Prime / Megatron voice? I'm only probably only good for a minor bot/con character.

So let's get this project figured out, as said in my very first post I think it would be good if we did a mix of stop-motion shorts that all linked back to a central plot/theme:
==========================================

Theme: G1 / Classics

Central Plot/Theme: Something to do with Australia (as it is OTCA)? Energon hidden in Uluru :D:D?

Writers/Storymakers:
Firestorm?
Kup?
Skywarp91

Animators:
Skywarp91

Storyboards:
Skywarp91
Hursticon?

Sound Organiser:
Haphazard?

Contributors:

======================================

Story 1:
Written by ____________________

Story 2:

Story 3:
Written by_____________________

Story 4: 'Mad Megtaron'
Written by Skywarp (story coming later)

Paulbot
2nd September 2011, 05:08 PM
Also, good question with the voice acting/soundtrack Haphazard. Anyone here on the boards that can do a decent Optimus Prime / Megatron voice?

Funnily enough, I could get a reasonable Megatron voice using the Optimus Prime helmet voice changer :rolleyes::o

Firestorm
2nd September 2011, 10:30 PM
Also, good question with the voice acting/soundtrack Haphazard. Anyone here on the boards that can do a decent Optimus Prime / Megatron voice? I'm only probably only good for a minor bot/con character.

I'd like to help with voice acting but i cant do decent voices for Optimus or Megatron.

SkyWarp91
3rd September 2011, 12:21 AM
Surely we can do stories without Optimus and Megatron, like a certain famous comic series... *cough* wreckers *cough*

kup
3rd September 2011, 03:49 PM
I like your thinking Kup, but that Kaon story sounds like it would involve a big production budget.

Not really, All that is needed is just a war gaming board scenery.

The hardest thing to budget would be the basic things we would need for any sort of stop motion project and that's the camera and stands.

Firestorm
5th September 2011, 12:35 AM
Surely we can do stories without Optimus and Megatron, like a certain famous comic series... *cough* wreckers *cough*

Yeah, we dont need Megs and Optimus, we can do an awesome story without them :D

I personally dont have any ideas for the plot right now though :p

Arcee
5th September 2011, 01:19 AM
Would like to help out on this; sounds fascinating (daunting too seeing all those involved so far are higher ranked)

The only things I am capable of doing:

1. Making up story. I've been a writer for a few years but considering English is my second language, and the fact that my knowledge of classic TF is pathetically limited I'd stay on the safe side by saying that I can contribute some silly ideas to meddle things up.

2. If you have Arcee in the scene, and wouldn't mind promoting a multicultural Australia by giving Arcee a bit of Chinese accent, I'm confident to be her voice.

3. Soundtrack. However no confidence at all. Putting pieces of original G1 and movie background music together to fit into the scenes of the stop-motion is my idea and I think I'm good at picking the right piece. However I have no techniques of putting the music in. (I don't even have the actual G1 soundtrack for that matter, only the music roaring in my head) So it would definitely be ideas only and the real action part will need a mix tape guru.

God I wish I can have the entire TF knowledge library uploaded to my brain so I can be of better use here.*

kup
5th September 2011, 09:24 AM
Would like to help out on this; sounds fascinating (daunting too seeing all those involved so far are higher ranked)

1. Making up story. I've been a writer for a few years but considering English is my second language, and the fact that my knowledge of classic TF is pathetically limited I'd stay on the safe side by saying that I can contribute some silly ideas to meddle things up.

2. If you have Arcee in the scene, and wouldn't mind promoting a multicultural Australia by giving Arcee a bit of Chinese accent, I'm confident to be her voice.

3. Soundtrack. However no confidence at all. Putting pieces of original G1 and movie background music together to fit into the scenes of the stop-motion is my idea and I think I'm good at picking the right piece. However I have no techniques of putting the music in. (I don't even have the actual G1 soundtrack for that matter, only the music roaring in my head) So it would definitely be ideas only and the real action part will need a mix tape guru.

God I wish I can have the entire TF knowledge library uploaded to my brain so I can be of better use here.*

I can write something rough and then you can help me refine it.

Last time I wrote something extensive was for my WoW RPG guild years ago. I thought I did a pretty good job, better than Blizzard in maintaining continuity integrity and picking up bits from existing lore without contradicting or changing them.

Arcee
5th September 2011, 09:41 AM

Last time I wrote something extensive was for my WoW RPG guild years ago. I thought I did a pretty good job, better than Blizzard in maintaining continuity integrity and picking up bits from existing lore without contradicting or changing them.
Honored to help, Kup :)

Hursticon
5th September 2011, 04:50 PM

Looking forward to seeing what yourself and Kup can come up with. :)
I think having Arcee as a character would be great if she fits into the storyline, I've also no problem with her having an Asian Accent but so long as she doesn't get relegated to the Wet-Nurse role she had in the Headmasters Cartoon; I know that was purely because of Japanese Cultural Reasons of the time but I think that many TF Females have shown since that they are very capable and likeable characters when it come to plot/action and such.
Music is quite often key to carrying over a message or feeling within a scene so if you think you're able to do that, then I say go for it! :cool:

*With regards to your wish, Goktimus_Prime is probably one of the closest to achieving this that I know of - But there is always here (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Main_Page). :p

Sounds like this could get very intruding... ;):cool:

Firestorm
5th September 2011, 11:18 PM

I was gonna type my response to this, but I'd pretty much be repeating everything Hursti said, so I did :p

Looking forward to seeing what yourself and Kup can come up with. :)
I think having Arcee as a character would be great if she fits into the storyline, I've also no problem with her having an Asian Accent but so long as she doesn't get relegated to the Wet-Nurse role she had in the Headmasters Cartoon; I know that was purely because of Japanese Cultural Reasons of the time but I think that many TF Females have shown since that they are very capable and likeable characters when it come to plot/action and such.
Music is quite often key to carrying over a message or feeling within a scene so if you think you're able to do that, then I say go for it! :cool:

*With regards to your wish, Goktimus_Prime is probably one of the closest to achieving this that I know of - But there is always here (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Main_Page). :p

Theme: G1 / Classics

Central Plot/Theme: Something to do with Australia (as it is OTCA)? Energon hidden in Uluru :D:D?

Writers/Storymakers:
Firestorm?
Kup?
Skywarp91

Animators:
Skywarp91

Storyboards:
Skywarp91
Hursticon?

Sound Organiser:
Haphazard?

Contributors:

======================================

Story 1:

Story 2:

Story 3:
Written by_____________________

Story 4: 'Mad Megtaron'
Written by Skywarp (story coming later)

Energon hidden in Uluru... it could work,
so, since this is Ozformers we'd probably be wise to include Outback as one of the characters

Arcee
5th September 2011, 11:31 PM
so, since this is Ozformers we'd probably be wise to include Outback as one of the characters

Might also want to consider that Uranium mine hidden in Kakadu NP? That would be a burst of energon there and you could easily get a big herd of salties into fighting the dinobots.

Hursticon
6th September 2011, 10:54 AM
Might also want to consider that Uranium mine hidden in Kakadu NP? That would be a burst of energon there and you could easily get a big herd of salties into fighting the dinobots.

I'm smelling the makings of an excellent plot point for a Beast Wars crossover... :D

UltraMarginal
6th September 2011, 11:50 AM
While I have little experience, I would be interested in doing some voice work.

Arcee
6th September 2011, 08:58 PM
Great, got the original soundtrack today, which means I don't need to rely on my lowsy memory and crappy old monotone keyboard to crack the job. I'm now confident to say I'll do the music -- that is, the formation of the feature length music flow. We still need a technical guru to merge the files of the music fragments with the video clips.

If I can find out which is the best software to use, giving that the adding of music is normally one of the last steps of a movie production, it might still give me enough time to learn the software. Or if we already have someone experienced in this kind of work then that's a quick (and probably better) fix.

Arcee
6th September 2011, 11:56 PM
If I can find out which is the best software to use, giving that the adding of music is normally one of the last steps of a movie production, it might still give me enough time to learn the software.

Problem solved. The answer is Vegas Pro 10.0. Apparently easy to learn according to a close friend who is a video guru. So I'll do the soundtrack.

Now...let's get back to the plot. Kaon - Uluru - mad Megatron - Bruticus - Outback - possible nuclear energon - Beast Wars...quite a vision there...

Haphazard
7th September 2011, 12:21 AM

I am very much in favour of these ideas! :D

Sound Organiser:
Haphazard?

I could try. Dunno how well I'd do, 'cos I've never done something like this before... I've always been more on the props/building/creating side of things, but hey, it sounds fun! Maybe we could even get an original soundtrack going? EDIT: If there's already plans for a soundtrack, I think I may have missed that bit. >_>

But yes, put me down for backgrounds and such too. If you can organise a place to keep it/film it, I could build a mini set of some sort. Dunno how many sets/scenes I could make, but I'm sure I could make something spiffy with a low budget. That is, if we're going to go into that much detail... I've also had a little experience in stop motion before, if that helps anyone.

Rank shouldn't discourage you! We were all noobs once. :D

SkyWarp91
7th September 2011, 12:25 AM
But yes, put me down for backgrounds and such too. If you can organise a place to keep it/film it, I could build a mini set of some sort. Dunno how many sets/scenes I could make, but I'm sure I could make something spiffy with a low budget. That is, if we're going to go into that much detail... I've also had a little experience in stop motion before, if that helps anyone.

Rank shouldn't discourage you! We were all noobs once. :D

You could build a set based on storyboards Hap, then others including myself could take photos of our toys in front of a green-screen and add them onto shots of your backgrounds. It takes extra effort by editing light sources but it if done well it can really work.

Haphazard
7th September 2011, 12:32 AM
You could build a set based on storyboards Hap, then others including myself could take photos of our toys in front of a green-screen and add them onto shots of your backgrounds. It takes extra effort by editing light sources but it if done well it can really work.

I had a bit of a hurrrr moment there. Being in Adelaide, not everyone could participate in the actual animation. I just figured if we built a mini set and placed the figures on it and used the lighting, then we'd only need one shot for a complete frame of animation, and everything would be tied in nicely and nothing would look too out of place. Though, if we're using green screen, cameras, angles, lighting and such will be problematic. Also, colour matching. If someone took their shots under fluroscent lighting and someone else under those funny 'daylight' globes, or even a tungsten or something then we'd have a lot of photoshop work cut out... Especially if there is any interaction between characters and the background...

EDIT: That being said, photoshop is right up my ally, and if we're just doing backgrounds, and working with a green screen, then the backgrounds could be photoshopped just as easily and then final screens and such layered over the top to tie everything in lighting and colour-wise....

pw_sd
7th September 2011, 08:51 PM
That's great.
If in Mel, movie style, I can provide my painted movie TFs.:)

Arcee
7th September 2011, 09:08 PM
I've got a main plot formed today. It pretty much weaves in everything we have come up with so far: Uluru, uranium mine in Kakadu, and Kup's Kaon story, all are one. I don't know where to put in Bruticus yet (because I don't know anything about him) but it's just a main plot with all its details open to discussion. so I'm sure Hursti will find it easy to put him in somewhere down the way.

Another problem is I've no idea if my plot will accommodate to Skywarp91's Mad Megatron plot. We've got no intel on that plot so far. But again, it's always easy to change the main plot at an early stage; and if I'm unable to do it, surely there will be someone else. We'll see.

I don't know if Skywarp91 intends to make this a Xmas or NY's club surprise gift for all the members or what. If we are going to keep the menu a last moment secret, do you want me to PM my plot to everyone involved so far?

Or do you prefer me to just post it here?

SkyWarp91
7th September 2011, 10:10 PM
Hi there, I've been pretty busy to start up my 'Mad Megatron' plot but this project is really in the hands of the community - I think for everyone's small stories to work in conjunction with the overarching main plot is for writers and alike to reserve the fate of certain characters (this might be a thing to PM others involved about as opposed to posting who should live on die on this thread)

I'm sure you can post the plot here Arcee so long you don't give too many spoilers away, no-one will try to steal it and if so the date and time of the post should be good enough to prove that the idea was made here first.

By the way, what was the expected running time for this project? I was thinking maybe 30 minutes minimum to 1 hour max?

EDIT: I'm interested to see what story you have Arcee that links these other stories together. The vision I had was that there would be small connections made between each mini-story, like for example in Kup's story about Perceptor's team on Kaon the main characters obviously include Perceptor and etc. but in another story like the Power Core Combiner vs Bruticus Max battle (somewhere in Australia?) Perceptor makes a brief/cameo appearance. That way I think it's an interesting way to see our beloved TF characters in many different situations as imagined by many different point of views.

Arcee
7th September 2011, 10:20 PM
Hi there, I've been pretty busy to start up my 'Mad Megatron' plot but this project is really in the hands of the community - I think for everyone's small stories to work in conjunction with the overarching main plot is for writers and alike to reserve the fate of certain characters (this might be a thing to PM others involved about as opposed to posting who should live on die on this thread)

I'm sure you can post the plot here Arcee so long you don't give too many spoilers away, no-one will try to steal it and if so the date and time of the post should be good enough to prove that the idea was made here first.

By the way, what was the expected running time for this project? I was thinking maybe 30 minutes minimum to 1 hour max?

It really depends on how many "action" shots we want to come up with and how much depth we want to go into -- I would say if you want a full feature length script there for Paramount you have one; but it would be no difficulty to compress it into one hour (seeing we are making scenes with static models only, too much dialogue might crush the audience and too much action might crush us).

It is a difficult job to post the plot here without any spoilers...let me do some cover up first and will post it very soon.

SkyWarp91
7th September 2011, 10:22 PM
lol, in case no-one can see the edit in the above post:

I'm interested to see what story you have Arcee that links these other stories together. The vision I had was that there would be small connections made between each mini-story, like for example in Kup's story about Perceptor's team on Kaon the main characters obviously include Perceptor and etc. but in another story like the Power Core Combiner vs Bruticus Max battle (somewhere in Australia?) Perceptor makes a brief/cameo appearance. That way I think it's an interesting way to see our beloved TF characters in many different situations as imagined by many different point of views.

Arcee
7th September 2011, 10:34 PM
lol, in case no-one can see the edit in the above post:

I'm interested to see what story you have Arcee that links these other stories together. The vision I had was that there would be small connections made between each mini-story, like for example in Kup's story about Perceptor's team on Kaon the main characters obviously include Perceptor and etc. but in another story like the Power Core Combiner vs Bruticus Max battle (somewhere in Australia?) Perceptor makes a brief/cameo appearance. That way I think it's an interesting way to see our beloved TF characters in many different situations as imagined by many different point of views.

...I thought Kup was saying the Reflector's team of decepticons?

Honestly, I don't know about PCC or Bruticus but I was aware he's wanted in this story. I didn't make a detailed list specifying which bots and cons are to be involved (except for the Wreckers and Outback) so I thought all those roles can be left open for everyone to fill in whoever they want to see.

My background knowledge of TF is really, really limited so the names (or technical stuff involved) I can come up with are like the most basic common knowledge. And the storyline is affected by that one way or the other.

Like I said, it's more like a whim than an idea and I'm happy for every single detail to be open to discussion and change. If anyone comes up with a whole new better plot, then let's go for the better one!

(Plot coming, in a minute...)

Arcee
7th September 2011, 10:53 PM
Ok here it goes.

WARNING #1: CONTAINS SPOILERS.

WARNING #2: LENGTHY READING AHEAD.

Earth:

The decepticons have learnt of the hidden uranium mine in Kakadu NP and decided to take over it, transfer the nuclear power into energon cubes. The process will be extremely radioactive and greatly destroy earth ecology. However they dress the whole plan up like their new target is an unknown energon source in Uluru to distract the autobots.

Prime (or whoever in command), on the other hand, is not easily fooled by the decepticons, likely due to the apparent lack of energon in Uluru (I tried wikipedia and seems like there's not even much usable minerals in Uluru, only abundant sun and wind power. Prime might want a Clancy Witwicky to be his Australian consultant). Nonetheless he decides to send part of the autobot earth force (with Outback as scout) into Red Centre to fool the decepticons. His real plan is to assemble the autobot force, steal back to Cybertron and sneak attack Kaon. The autobot legion as such secretly left the planet, unaware of the decepticon's plan in Kakadu.

Meanwhile the Wreckers are hunting down a dangerous high command decepticon (nomination needed) on an assassination mission. They followed him all the way into Kakadu and accidentally come across a trace for the uranium mine and so uncover the decepticon's real intention. Time has run out and it's not possible for Prime to come back in time (fact is Prime by then is trapped in Kaon battle and can't get out of Cybertron anyway). And since the only autobot force on earth is detained in Uluru by the powerful decepticon army dispatched there, it is pretty much all down to the Wreckers to shatter the decepticon plot and save the earth/Australia.

Cybertron:

The autobot leader on Cybertron (Magnus or whoever), in preparing for Prime and the main force's return for the imminent attack on Kaon, decides to use the same trick (again) by dressing it up like they are going to launch a revenge battle over Iacon, spreading fake intels that they are going to take back their capital city.

Iacon. The decepticons learnt of autobot main force's return and are getting ready to fight. Decepticon high command Megatron (or whoever) decides to set up an ambush around the debris of Iacon and siege the autobots in. Shockwave is the only one to question the validity of the intels, because Iacon is pure debris and no longer assume any military importance. In his logical reasoning he senses something not quite right.

Kaon. Kup's story totally fits in here. The Reflector team could be on secret dispatch by Shockwave. Or we can cross out Shockwave from the beginning, leave everything to Soundwave or Reflector himself.

So the four separate lines of the story will respectively set scenes in Uluru, Iacon, Kakadu, Kaon. In the end we expect to see the threads merge in Kakadu on earth and Kaon on Cybertron, with two big hard battles going on at both places at the same time.

The Wreckers may not have a glorious victory but the decepticon's plot certainly failed (or we all die). Whereas Kaon was saved from the autobots' invasion, and Prime retreat his army back to earth, leaving Magnus and a small portion of autobot army on Cybertron to continue the guerilla fights. So everything goes back to where it all started, no one loses, no one wins. The war between the autobots and the decepticons over earth and Cybertron has to continue.

-- THE END --

1) Before Kup's post, Iacon is pretty much the only place I know its name on Cybertron.

2) I'm a big fan of the Wreckers but that doesn't mean I'll die without them.

3) Again, I'm sorry I don't really know who Reflector is...feel free to correct me if I sound absurd.

4) I tend to see a more balanced/even ending for the whole story rather than a full scale autobot victory which won't be very reasonable. But logic can always be argued and sentiment weighing out reason makes us human.

5) I would not be happy if the final script we have is what's posted here as I already know it's got a lot of problems in it. So please do whatever you can to make it perfect...or kill it.

Autocon
10th September 2011, 01:16 AM
My story~

Each universe has its Vok* *See BW story* type aliens (can be different in each universe) and they look after the time line. They do not know why how what or where, they just know what their job is and that is to protect the time line so it does not deviate. They play a hand in the universe bringing about the tf race. These are Guardians ( have blue motiff and symbol compared to red/green and yellow/purple of other factions). The tf race discovers these through events I will not bother to post now. Then we have a splinter of three, all have new names and symbols. We have Megatron who wants to rule with an iron fist to maintain law and order and if that means being leader of all then so be it. Then we have Optimus Prime (or other) who rules for freedom and believes no one should interfere. Having the Vok interfere and choosing for others. Then we have the Guardians led by (Optimus Prime or other) who believe its their duty to protect the time line and will do anything in their power to achieve that.

So Optimus Prime can either be a leader of Guardians believing they have a higher power to protect the universe on the correct path. Or OP leading the other faction believing in absolute freedom and that vok should let things happen as they occur.

There is an uneasy alliance between the Guardians and Bots* (*use for know to ease confusion). After the revaluation that the robots have been manipulated into existence by the Vok for this purpose they all evaluate who they are and if they control their own destiny type stuff. All robots must choose a side, Guardians - They believe its their duty and right to protect, they believe its the right course of action to keep things in 'alignment'* *heh getting tired. Cons who want to rule and have a thirst of power. May be robots not welcomed in other two armies. Believe its the way to keep law and order. Peace through tyranny!. Then the bots who don't want to join the Vok because they believe it is a form of imprisonment. They want to choose their own way of life and not be put into the job that they didn't want. Believe in freedoms and the Cons have it the wrong way.

So rule with power to keep order and stop things from happening CONS or let things happen and then sort it out after BOTS.

The new factions will include all races of robots decepticons predacons maximals autobots junkions minicons mutants omnicrons others.....forming three factions.

to be continued...

Autocon
10th September 2011, 01:27 AM
There is a value/moral of do we control our destiny? Or do we have no control of it and a bigger player is at hand? These sorts of things from other media, if you know what Im getting at, will be the message in it.

The places it occurs can be anywhere

After the revelation that the Vok manipulated the quintessons, vector sigma or however/whoever in the different universes to bring the tfs into existence, we find Outback in the Outback mulling over his thoughts. Its a big quiet solitary place. There can be action where the three teams go to him and offer a place with them trying to recruit him. He can fight them off rejecting their offers and making them his enemies. He's eventual decision will be...

There really would be no end as the three factions move forward with the extra knowledge of something bigger and what they really are - vessels of others actions. The Vok can not directly involve themselves which is way they created the TF to do their work*.*See tigerhawk BW* There would be no definite right or wrong sides as each side as its own merit even the cons. It would make the reader think hmmm which would I choose and not knowing the answer.

Maybe too big for a short comic but there is input that can be used for something else maybe? Questions just ask! I don't know tf lore so I could be over stepping anything and everything lol

Arcee
10th September 2011, 02:40 AM
There is a value/moral of do we control our destiny? Or do we have no control of it and a bigger player is at hand? These sorts of things from other media, if you know what Im getting at, will be the message in it.

The places it occurs can be anywhere

After the revelation that the Vok manipulated the quintessons, vector sigma or however/whoever in the different universes to bring the tfs into existence, we find Outback in the Outback mulling over his thoughts. Its a big quiet solitary place. There can be action where the three teams go to him and offer a place with them trying to recruit him. He can fight them off rejecting their offers and making them his enemies. He's eventual decision will be...

There really would be no end as the three factions move forward with the extra knowledge of something bigger and what they really are - vessels of others actions. The Vok can not directly involve themselves which is way they created the TF to do their work*.*See tigerhawk BW* There would be no definite right or wrong sides as each side as its own merit even the cons. It would make the reader think hmmm which would I choose and not knowing the answer.

Maybe too big for a short comic but there is input that can be used for something else maybe? Questions just ask! I don't know tf lore so I could be over stepping anything and everything lol
This is great...I must confess I got lost and I'll have to tfwiki every name in your post before I can launch a constructive question but yeah, I see a good theme running in it. Unlike mine which is conceptually a building scaffold void of content or point just waiting for others to put whatever they want in.

This is getting better and excited. I can't wait to see more of creative plots like this one coming up!

SkyWarp91
10th September 2011, 03:32 AM
I think Autocon's story is possible for a short stop-motion comic, it could be like one of the short stories or even merge with Arcee's story.

EDIT: Btw thanks for imagining up such a creative storyline both Arcee and Autocon. I like the twists you have your story Arcee and I like the push for a moral in your story Autocon.

I was thinking, what if we made the certain events or characters of these small stories add up to become something important/major in the main story towards the end?

Kind of like the 'Mortal Kombat Legacy' series on Youtube where each episode focuses on different character's lives but towards the end it's about Mortal Kombat (though in the series they never even got to the tournament! -_-)

Arcee
11th September 2011, 12:46 AM
I think Autocon's story is possible for a short stop-motion comic, it could be like one of the short stories or even merge with Arcee's story.

EDIT: Btw thanks for imagining up such a creative storyline both Arcee and Autocon. I like the twists you have your story Arcee and I like the push for a moral in your story Autocon.

I was thinking, what if we made the certain events or characters of these small stories add up to become something important/major in the main story towards the end?

Kind of like the 'Mortal Kombat Legacy' series on Youtube where each episode focuses on different character's lives but towards the end it's about Mortal Kombat (though in the series they never even got to the tournament! -_-)

Yeah that sounds right and we can definitely work on that, shouldn't be too hard. If Autocon's happy with it I can totally adapt mine to merge with his. I'm good at logic and structure (to support a point) but not so much in finding a point, which thank goodness he is really good at, so we should be able to work out together a way to integrate a morale for the current plot, or we can come up with a whole new plot.

One question though. Do we have a proposed time frame for this whole project? Like when the script is expected to be ready, when the shooting starts, and when is the post-production and final release to be?

Also, so far we have votings on Bruticus, Wreckers, Outback and Reflector only. And while these four major (groups of) characters are probably adequate for a half to one hour plot, is there any other specific characters everyone's keen to add in the list? Better stick to the characters voted on as they are the superb models in collection we are to cast on the screen with confidence and pride.

kup
11th September 2011, 12:50 AM
I will try to write the Synopsis to my story as soon as I get a chance! It's been a very busy week!

Arcee
11th September 2011, 01:00 AM
I will try to write the Synopsis to my story as soon as I get a chance! It's been a very busy week!
Same here Kup...I've got an exam coming up and I'm severely sleep deprived atm...which is kinda why I secretly wish there isn't any time restraints on this project so that I can concentrate on my study for a while then come back to it...:o

Take your time in the synopsis, and I need a good education on Reflector and Kaon too :D. Thank you for not kicking my tailpipe by the way.

SkyWarp91
11th September 2011, 11:51 AM
No time limits, just go at our own pace. I reckon we'd be done by the end of next year :)

Autocon
12th September 2011, 09:39 PM
Im just throwing ideas out there. I didnt want the same old same old.... and kinda got the same old... lol Do what you want with it as long as I get credit :p

Firestorm
13th September 2011, 02:29 AM
Interesting ideas Autocon and Arcee, I'm trying to come up with my own story too, but I'm suffering from writers block

Haphazard
14th September 2011, 11:05 PM
I think I may jump the gun and do a miniature episode. Under 5 minutes, probably do something with my Animated figures I think.

Also, an idea: if we're going to be doing episodes or something, should we work on a super tacky opening sequence?? :D

Hursticon
14th September 2011, 11:32 PM
Also, an idea: if we're going to be doing episodes or something, should we work on a super tacky opening sequence?? :D

Yes, yes we should. :D

Man, I really have to try and catch up with everything in this thread - It's exploded! :eek:

Arcee
15th September 2011, 12:55 AM
I think I may jump the gun and do a miniature episode. Under 5 minutes, probably do something with my Animated figures I think.

How about instead of one movie we make a TV series? One episode per month, 12 for a season and we got the whole year packed in.

I'm not sure if I still sound normal...I better go to bed now...

SkyWarp91
15th September 2011, 03:42 AM
How about instead of one movie we make a TV series? One episode per month, 12 for a season and we got the whole year packed in.

12 4-minute ish shorts that in the end make up ~50 minute runtime including credits and all? Could work

Autocon
17th September 2011, 02:54 AM
We can always do the transitional period. Where decepticons and autobots change into maximals and predacons using dna splicing. The outside is synthetic but because of a lack of energon the tf race has had to use other means to keep producing energy to live. (Does not know how the animal part works in bws:o make it up as we go...hehe). So they have to change who they are and some tfs do not like this which causes conflict.

One side loves to explore the science behind it and they feel more organic. They are less mechanical which to them makes them feel less alienated from other species*. *There are more organic than mechanical beings in the tf universe?.
Otherwise it makes them feel closer to the natural world. Or heres a better idea Cybertron needs the tfs to change in order to survive. They need all the energon to keep cybertron going so they use a more organic approach which uses less raw energon. Some do not like to change themselves and so resist. Others fully endorse the process to keep cybertron alive and think of it has an experience. In the process they become smaller built in order to sustain a stable energy flow.

Perhaps Galvatron(whoever dcon leader at time is) does not like this and thinks its lesser of him. Everyone has a right to choose and so we have a split. Most autobots do it for the better of the planet with decepticons resisting thinking that if the autobots change then they have a stronger advantage to take control. However the autobots with their new organic forms now last longer in battle.

Did they explain why they went to beast modes or not? I have not read anything on it:o

Eventually the old guard (dcons) are eliminated by sheer need to adapt. Then we have everyone smaller and in beast modes. Or simply be that robots had to get smaller to use less energon and the autobots forced the cons in order to preserve cybertron. This made the cons feel resentful because before they were a power house amongst the stars but with their smaller statue, other aliens are now bigger than them and they feel vulnerable and blame the autobots. *see the g1 season 3 - 4 of tfs to see them eating at a rest stop in space filled with heaps of aliens. Im sure someone will know the epsode/ what I am talking about.

So were the maxis and preds that small to begin with on cybertron or did they get that small on earth? because it would be funny seeing a small digger or plane flying around lol

I am very tired and lost all frame of thought :o but hopefully I helped form ideas for someone to maybe play on.

Autocon
17th September 2011, 02:56 AM

Too late for me...never sound normal:o:p

Arcee
17th September 2011, 10:28 PM
Too late for me...never sound normal:o:p
I foresee this project growing into a super big myth in the coming months...

Japan
Penguin Rabbit Giraffe white crustacean
Always meant to ask...are these like the Japanese names for the BWs TFs or what? Because they sound like a hell of a zoo...

I'm ashamed to say my knowledge of BWs is next to zero. I've actually tried tfwiki on those "names" above but didn't help at all...

Hursticon
17th September 2011, 10:40 PM
I foresee this project growing into a super big myth in the coming months...

Always meant to ask...are these like the Japanese names for the BWs TFs or what? Because they sound like a hell of a zoo...

I'm ashamed to say my knowledge of BWs is next to zero. I've actually tried tfwiki on those "names" above but didn't help at all...

Not... Quite... Sure... What Autocon is getting at, but those assorted animals he's mentioned are members of the Japanese Beast Wars Neo cast of whom are detailed here (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Beast_Wars_Neo_%28cartoon%29#Cast). :o

There were 2 Japanese only Beast Wars series that were sequels to the Western Beast Wars CG cartoon. :cool:
Both Beast Wars 2nd (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Beast_Wars_II_%28cartoon%29) (Written as II) and Beast Wars Neo (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Beast_Wars_Neo_%28cartoon%29) were animated in the more classic 2D animation technique and were quite popular over in Japan but they're still sort of at a distance to Westerners as there has never been any official Subtitles or 'Fan-Subs' done for either series nor English Dubbing :(; although for the Beast Wars II Movie (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Beast_Wars_Special_Super_Lifeform_Transformers) there were English Subtitles produced. :D

I hope that gives you a little clarification Arcee. ;):)

SkyWarp91
18th September 2011, 01:02 AM
The thing is that at the start the general consensus was that this project was going to start off as a Classics / Generations / G1 themed project. The Beast Wars ideas do sound good (and thanks heaps for contributing Autocon) but I think they'd be better suited towards the next OTCA stop motion project.

There's plenty of talented minds here but I think if we keep them focused on one theme we can actually work towards a storyline, otherwise we'll just keep thinking and thinking of different plots here and there and don't really move beyond the brainstorming phase.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Hursticon
18th September 2011, 02:03 AM
Just my 2 cents worth.

And a very valid point, as much as I love Beast Wars, I believe the focus should remain with the original concept of basing the 1st Production in the Classicsverse. ;):)

Firestorm
18th September 2011, 02:26 AM
wow, alot of stuff has been happening lately i see,

I agree with what Skywarp and Hursticon have said, for our first stop motion project we as a group should create a sinlge general plot and then let everyone focus on adding ideas to it

my only idea right now is to explore the history of Obsidian and Strika (from beast machines) as war generals in the clasicsverse point in time, but i have no idea how we'd go about doing that

kup
18th September 2011, 11:51 AM
I have begun writing mine. Please give me some time to finish it.

Arcee
19th September 2011, 11:20 PM
Just my 2 cents worth.
This 2 cents may just be my saving grace, lol; otherwise it will probably be a four year full time uni course to do before I can find my way around the other universe :p

I have begun writing mine. Please give me some time to finish it.
Sorry Kup. Can't wait. I'm feeling my expectation reaching its explosion point.

Autocon
22nd September 2011, 10:09 PM
My story was set in the transitional period. Not entirely of bws.

Looking forward to kups story:)

Arcee have you never seen bws?:eek:

We can't use botcon characters? Thinking a melding of universes but the catch is there can only be one! We have the normal verse and the opposite verse. So OP and negative OP from shattered glass. One must die otherwise they both have severe pain or .... . How about their bodies are attracted to each other like magnets and so if one does not die then they fuse together in a mess and become one. It could be based on an alt G1 universe aswell. So the minds fight each other until one is successful. Then you could have many truces, SG op with SG meg, op with meg, SG op with meg, op with SG meg.

And if certain characters die/live then they must decide who to work for because they have no worries about their alternate selves. Usually this does not happen with the fusing but because the universes are actually coming together it creates a "time warp thing". "Think of new name.

I want to hear from others and their plot ideas:D

A black hole is going to destroy a planet so the autobots launch a rescue mission. Sacrifices are made to save lives. The dcons see an opportunity to kill off their counterparts once and for all and try to leave the autobots abandoned on the planet with no way off.

Edit: plot line done before?

Arcee
23rd September 2011, 12:27 AM
My story was set in the transitional period. Not entirely of bws.

Looking forward to kups story:)

Arcee have you never seen bws?:eek:

We can't use botcon characters? Thinking a melding of universes but the catch is there can only be one! We have the normal verse and the opposite verse. So OP and negative OP from shattered glass. One must die otherwise they both have severe pain or .... . How about their bodies are attracted to each other like magnets and so if one does not die then they fuse together in a mess and become one. It could be based on an alt G1 universe aswell. So the minds fight each other until one is successful. Then you could have many truces, SG op with SG meg, op with meg, SG op with meg, op with SG meg.

And if certain characters die/live then they must decide who to work for because they have no worries about their alternate selves. Usually this does not happen with the fusing but because the universes are actually coming together it creates a "time warp thing". "Think of new name.

I want to hear from others and their plot ideas:D

A black hole is going to destroy a planet so the autobots launch a rescue mission. Sacrifices are made to save lives. The dcons see an opportunity to kill off their counterparts once and for all and try to leave the autobots abandoned on the planet with no way off.

Edit: plot line done before?

...I say I am absolutely astounded by you genius Autocon, you seem to be generating mind blowing ideas every single second!

No honestly, I have watched ONE beast wars episode only, as a result of buying a DVD of so called "best TF collections" or the like. It tells about they were trying to repair Optimus Prime (or Primal?) whose head was busted up into half, in the hope of reviving him. In doing so they had to temporarily transfer his spark to another big gorilla looking TF. And that Prime spark just so miraculously initiated a thorough change (or upgrade?) in that gorilla TF's body to make him a really powerful one like a de facto Prime. And a spider TF called herself predacon sort of died in a friend's arm...but somehow not quite??... That's it, that's my entire experience with BWs. No beginning no ending, and the whole picture of a 3D PC game effect, made me astounded because I've never seen anything like that before. It feels incredible and amazing in a way unfamiliar to me. I'd need to get used to it actually :)

I do have some new ideas for a plot in my head but have been really tight on time with my Mum's visit here and my exam closing in (one month away). So can't really concentrate on structuring it. I'll have to wait till I've got the exam out of the way before I can really start writing it up.

GoktimusPrime
27th September 2011, 08:42 AM
No honestly, I have watched ONE beast wars episode only, as a result of buying a DVD of so called "best TF collections" or the like. It tells about they were trying to repair Optimus Prime (or Primal?) whose head was busted up into half, in the hope of reviving him.
That would have been Optimus Prime. His head was shot by Beast Wars Megatron who was attempting to assassinate Optimus Prime, and thereby negating the existence of the Maximals (because the Autobots are the Maximals' ancestors). It created a time storm which would have erased the Maximals from existence if they didn't quickly repair Optimus Prime.

In doing so they had to temporarily transfer his spark to another big gorilla looking TF. And that Prime spark just so miraculously initiated a thorough change (or upgrade?) in that gorilla TF's body to make him a really powerful one like a de facto Prime.
They transferred Optimus Prime's spark into Optimus Primal's body (who's actually not that big compared to Optimus Prime - the Maximals & Predacons are about the size of Micromasters because their technology is descendant from Micromaster tech in downsizing for the conservation of Energon). Because Optimus Prime's body was so badly damaged, they were afraid that leaving his Spark in his body might cause him to die - so Optimus Primal transferred Optimus Prime's Spark to his body to temporarily house it and protect it while Rhinox worked on repairing Prime's body. However placing Prime's powerful Spark (that had also had exposure to the Matrix) into Primal's Spark chamber caused Optimus Primal to mutate into Optimal Optimus (You Got The Touch!).

If you listen carefully, Optimus Primal's voice actually gets deeper when he's holding Optimus Prime's Spark - and afterwards when Prime's Spark is returned (and for the rest of the series) it returns to Optimus Primal's normal not-so-deep voice. :)

Mainframe wanted to get Peter Cullen to do a cameo in that episode, but Cullen refused because of trade union issues (because Beast Wars was made in Canada and Cullen wanted to support the US voice actor industry (even though Cullen is originally from Montréal :p)).

And a spider TF called herself predacon sort of died in a friend's arm...but somehow not quite??...
That was Blackarachnia. Like all the Predacons "born" on Earth, she was created from a Maximal protoform, thus killing Optimus Prime would have also cancelled out her existence too. So she betrayed Megatron and assisted the Maximals - Megatron was none too pleased and shot her.

The Maximal Silverbolt, who's also Blackarachnia's boyfriend even though they're enemies, was very dramatically upset over this, but Rhinox assured him that Blackarachnia was only in stasis lock and not actually dead.

That's it, that's my entire experience with BWs. No beginning no ending, and the whole picture of a 3D PC game effect, made me astounded because I've never seen anything like that before. It feels incredible and amazing in a way unfamiliar to me. I'd need to get used to it actually :)
Beast Wars is a difficult story to just jump into midway because unlike the G1 cartoon, it actually has a continual story arc running through it. The episode you saw was actually the first episode of Season 3, which means that you've missed 2 seasons' worth of backstory... that's why it would be really confusing for you!

Beast Wars is definitely worth seeing -- it is in my opinion (and the opinion of many fans) the best story ever written for a Transformers television series. I cannot highly recommend this series enough. :)

"What in the name of my Great Aunt Arcee's going on here??!" - Rattrap

Btw, do you think we should try to make a collaborative photocomic series first before trying a stop motion? I'm just asking because a photocomic is relatively a LOT less time consuming than a stop motion, and it would be a good test run to see how we can collaborate to make a vignette. <shrug> just a suggestion. :)

Arcee
28th September 2011, 12:24 AM
"What in the name of my Great Aunt Arcee's going on here??!" - Rattrap
:D I've got absolutely no idea. Maybe I should change my username here lol...

Thanks a lot GP, that is greatly educational! Atm I'm about...half way through G1? So it's still a long way for me to go before I ever reach BWs I suppose, and even so much longer after that... I'd like to think that I know everything about the new movies but then no one here likes them lol:o (it's like saying you are proficient in Sanskrit...what's the point...:o)

Btw, do you think we should try to make a collaborative photocomic series first before trying a stop motion? I'm just asking because a photocomic is relatively a LOT less time consuming than a stop motion, and it would be a good test run to see how we can collaborate to make a vignette. <shrug> just a suggestion. :)
I don't mind; ask Skywarp91. I actually (honestly) thought they were the same thing but now that I've found out they are not (thanks to Wikipedia) I'd say that I'm sure we'll be absolutely awesome in photocomic for sure. Just see how everyone's been doing in the action pose thread and you'll know.

I'd be even happier if we got to make both lol...(never knew I was this boring:o)

GoktimusPrime
28th September 2011, 01:12 AM
(it's like saying you are proficient in Sanskrit...what's the point...:o)
I'd be impressed if you were fluent in Sanskrit. I'd be BLOODY impressed if you were fluent in Classical Sanskrit! :D If so... if we ever do an OTCA re-enactment of Monkey, I wanna cast you as Tripitaka!! :)

Firestorm
28th September 2011, 01:25 AM
(note to self: check out the stop-motion thread more often)

I think a photocomic as a start might be a good idea, but it seems less like something that the whole group could contribute to

I'm still suffering from severe writers block, but i swear that i will come up with something to contribute, even if it kills me

SkyWarp91
28th September 2011, 01:34 AM
All in favour of a toy-comic? Say yay. All in favour of a stop-motion? Say nay.

I say yay.

Firestorm
28th September 2011, 01:37 AM
All in favour of a toy-comic? Say yay. All in favour of a stop-motion? Say nay.

I say yay.

Is it possible we could have both? (not at the same time of course)

SkyWarp91
28th September 2011, 01:48 AM

i dont see why not

Arcee
28th September 2011, 02:15 AM
I'd be impressed if you were fluent in Sanskrit. I'd be BLOODY impressed if you were fluent in Classical Sanskrit! :D If so... if we ever do an OTCA re-enactment of Monkey, I wanna cast you as Tripitaka!! :)
(waving white flag as pathetically as one can be) I do know how to say goodbye in Russian if that helps?

I'm still suffering from severe writers block, but i swear that i will come up with something to contribute, even if it kills me
I know I'll kill myself if I fail to give anything good. Welcome aboard the suicide express!

Before we know it, we'll be making a cartoon and a PC game as well. Maybe we can fit a different line into each one? For instance classics for stop motion, BWs for photocomics, etc.

PS: Skywarp91 is your signature pic from 1997 CCTV version Three Kingdom, Xiahou Dun? Kick my tailpipe if I'm wrong...just thought it looks so familiar...

SkyWarp91
28th September 2011, 03:02 AM
yep, dead on. Good ol' Xiahou Dun getting an arrow in his eye..

GoktimusPrime
28th September 2011, 08:41 AM
I say yay to a photocomic... unsure if I can contribute to stop motion. I've made plenty of photocomics and I've made some stop motions -- and stop motions are a LOT more time-consuming and harder to make than a photocomic.

It's just because I don't think I would have the time to contribute to a stop motion. For example, this stop motion (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vYCqNbzRjg) is made up of some 450 shots and took, me 5 days to make - and that was while I was on holidays, so it was 5 days of nothing much but stop-motion making, sleeping, eating and toileting. :) And that was just for about 1 minute and 5 seconds worth of animation! That was _before_ my baby was born... don't know if I would have the time to make a stop-motion now. (if I did, it would take a loooooooong time :/).

But a photocomic I can still make fairly easy enough. I just feel that we should be trying to walk before we try to run. Also, there are certain things that look better in a photocomic than in stop motion, like certain sight-gags. ;)

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers/Photocomic%20Monstructor/photocomic_monstructor10.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers/Photocomic%20Monstructor/photocomic_monstructor11.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers/Photocomic%20Monstructor/photocomic_monstructor12.jpg

Photocomics allow you to tell a lot more story in much less time to make. :) But hey, if the rest of you have the time and resources to make a stop motion, don't let me stop you. :) But I think it'd be good to do a "test run" with a collaborative photocomic series first. JMHO. :D

Arcee
28th September 2011, 09:22 AM
yep, dead on. Good ol' Xiahou Dun getting an arrow in his eye..
What happened next was just...please tell me you don't like that part because I had difficulty eating for a couple of days after seeing it :(:p

UltraMarginal
28th September 2011, 12:13 PM
Thanks a lot GP, that is greatly educational! Atm I'm about...half way through G1? So it's still a long way for me to go before I ever reach BWs I suppose, and even so much longer after that... I'd like to think that I know everything about the new movies but then no one here likes them lol:o (it's like saying you are proficient in Sanskrit...what's the point...:o)

I think you'll find a lot of people like th emovies, it's just that there are also some vocal haters.

We're all fans of transformers, don't feel that any part of your interest is undervalued because someone else doesn't like it.

given the rather commonality of the movie toys, using them for an aspect of this project may make interstate cooperation a lot easier, different shots could be compiled in different locations with the same characters.

same goes for any of the more recent toy lines I guess

Firestorm
28th September 2011, 01:25 PM
Yay to a photocomic now :)

and WOOOOOOOP to a stop motion in the future :D

GoktimusPrime
28th September 2011, 11:40 PM
May I make a suggestion? Back in 2008 I started making a Photocomic adaptation of Transformers: The Movie, but I haven't continued it since...
________
http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=2800
http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=2843
http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=2922
http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=3092

...so how about we all chip in and make photocomics to finish telling the story of Transformers: The Movie? :) That way the story, dialogue, storyboarding etc. is all done - and it'd be a neat way to just practice making photocomics and cooperating on the same project. I just use MSPaint, but those of you who can use REAL graphics programs might be able to pull off some neat effects.

Arcee
28th September 2011, 11:53 PM
May I make a suggestion? Back in 2008 I started making a Photocomic adaptation of Transformers: The Movie (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=2800), but I haven't continued it since...

...so how about we all chip in and make photocomics to finish telling the story of Transformers: The Movie? :) That way the story, dialogue, storyboarding etc. is all done - and it'd be a neat way to just practice making photocomics and cooperating on the same project. I just use MSPaint, but those of you who can use REAL graphics programs might be able to pull off some neat effects.
Sounds like a great start! I LOVE that movie! Will be great for practising, and finding inspirations.

Autocon
29th September 2011, 02:11 AM
We could have the tf olympics or social situations like going to the movies. Make it a comedy :D

SkyWarp91
29th September 2011, 02:23 AM
We could have the tf olympics or social situations like going to the movies. Make it a comedy :D

I'd like a comedic story too. Well since we already have some stories being written we could like said before merge them ala Pulp Fiction style.

For example one story could have Megatron in a comedic situation at the beach with the Decepticons but in the next story about another Decepticon like say Shockwave it'd have Megatron as a background character.

With the TF:Movie tie-in the individual stories could have small references that took place in the film.

So I think it's good that at this stage we really put our imagination and creative efforts to something simple first - the PhotoComic. When we feel we've mastered that perhaps we can move onto Stop Motion. Perhaps this thread shall need a retitling?

Firestorm
7th October 2011, 08:41 PM
things seem to have gone quiet here .... :(

UltraMarginal
7th October 2011, 09:05 PM
got to give the creative minds some space.

:D

Arcee
7th October 2011, 09:08 PM
got to give the creative minds some space.

:D
One creative mind has been preoccupied with her personal financial crisis and will stay so for...how long? I can't touch anything TF at the moment...God bless me...

No; I've been struggling with my upcoming exams, three weeks away and I barely started study.:(

SkyWarp91
7th October 2011, 11:36 PM
No worries, I'm working on an independent TF photo-comic now :)

Haphazard
9th November 2011, 10:18 PM
I might have a bit of time now, so I'll see if I can't pull something together, either photo comic or stop motion. Won't be uploaded until it's done, and it probably won't be done for a while, but I'll try! I promise! :D

kristofferrer
10th November 2011, 11:41 PM
GOK THESE ARE FANTASTIC! I LOVED THEM ALL!

May I make a suggestion? Back in 2008 I started making a Photocomic adaptation of Transformers: The Movie, but I haven't continued it since...
________
http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=2800
http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=2843
http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=2922
http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=3092

Arcee
8th December 2011, 07:07 PM
So quiet...

MindsetOverhaul
10th December 2011, 02:03 PM
i've only read the first few posts at the beginning of this thread so far but shit, sounds like a brilliant idea! and you can count me in. I'm down for animating, editing, voice acting, sound effects BG music. pretty much anything. i'll read the whole thread later on today and see where you're all up to with this

it looks like fun

kup
10th December 2011, 02:46 PM
So quiet...

You can't rush art ;)

SkyWarp91
16th December 2011, 04:18 AM
Sorry for not being active on boards recently, I'm tackling a solo project at the moment. Am penning a script.

GoktimusPrime
16th December 2011, 09:43 AM
I also recommend for anyone who's never tried a stop motion video before to perhaps try to make a photocomic first. Gives you lots of practice in posing and photographing toys with a visual narrative. Again... my "Transformers The Movie" photocomic project needs help!! :)

SkyWarp91
21st December 2011, 10:03 PM
I'm about 50% through penning a script for my solo-project, which is a Transformers related project.

I would like some voice actors though, don't have money to pay you guys but hopefully anyone who would volunteer to offer their vocal talents for the following roles:

- Optimus Prime
- Ratchet
- Starscream
- Bumblebee
- Sideswipe

I'd prefer someone who thinks that they can do a decent impression of any of the above characters. Also note that these characters are all Bayverse based, so yeah.

Thanks and I'll keep posting here as a means to push myself to really getting this project off the ground and into completion.

Arcee
22nd December 2011, 01:52 AM
I think to achieve a more accurate/general bayverse Bumblebee voice all you need is enough audio clips of radio broadcasts :p;)

GoktimusPrime
22nd December 2011, 08:00 AM
See... to me, I reckon I could voice any of those male voices. But then again, maybe I just sound like that in my head and maybe not to others. :p These are the voices I use when I play with my toys, which sound authentic to me.

Perhaps people can record a sample of voices for roles that they're willing to play; kinda like an audition 'mix', and you can judge whether or not their voices are crap or not^appropriate for your use. ;)

Firestorm
23rd December 2011, 01:46 PM
I'd like to help with voice acting, but I don't think i can do any of those voices :(

Paulbot
23rd December 2011, 03:03 PM
But then again, maybe I just sound like that in my head and maybe not to others.
That's how I feel about my Starscream voice. Sounds ok to me but not sure to others, but it's always a mimic of existing lines which makes it easier.

theheretic
23rd December 2011, 05:34 PM
My mate reckons I do a great G1 Megatron

Just thought I'd mention it even though your not looking for a Megs and it's movieverse

Arcee
24th December 2011, 12:50 PM
That's how I feel about my Starscream voice. Sounds ok to me but not sure to others, but it's always a mimic of existing lines which makes it easier.

I reckon you would be very good in doing Starscream. :p;)

SkyWarp91
30th December 2011, 04:33 AM
Well I've scrapped the idea of doing a serious animation and am right now working on recording my own voice for a short video that I reckon I'll have done by the end of next week.

It's going to be well worth the effort I reckons and by then my throat is going to be very, very sore :)

SkyWarp91
13th January 2012, 02:45 AM
Well I've scrapped the idea of doing a serious animation and am right now working on recording my own voice for a short video that I reckon I'll have done by the end of next week.

It's going to be well worth the effort I reckons and by then my throat is going to be very, very sore :)

The video is near completion, will post it up ASAP and will post the link here too. Can't wait! :)

SkyWarp91
13th January 2012, 12:49 PM
http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff245/gc_xiahou_nguyen/singbanner.jpg (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVel-GfPInY&)

It is done! Hope you enjoy! Woo!!

UltraMarginal
13th January 2012, 01:34 PM
I'm soo checking this out over the weekend.

Firestorm
15th January 2012, 01:04 AM
Hahahahaha
That was awesome! :)

kup
15th January 2012, 01:31 AM
http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff245/gc_xiahou_nguyen/singbanner.jpg (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVel-GfPInY&)

It is done! Hope you enjoy! Woo!!

That was awesome! It was really funny, well done!

My only criticism is.well..Trailcutter?? :p

Haphazard
15th January 2012, 09:56 PM
"I REGRET NOTHING!!!!!" xD

I think the best bit is finding out at the end the higher-pitched voice was Megatron.

This whole video made my day! xD

SkyWarp91
24th May 2012, 02:18 PM
I'm glad that I've managed to rack up nearly 30,000 views with the Optimus Prime music video.

I'm now working on another Stop Motion project, I'm currently penning the story and would like to keep it independent to myself. I think the problem with having too many contribute their ideas is that there's too much collision of thoughts and nothing is created in the end.

The project I really do intend to finish as it's something I can't stop thinking of the last few months. I've decided to set deadlines for myself on this thread so that I keep going with this project and don't quit half-way or even 3/4's way through.

Right now I'm penning the detailed script of the last 2/3 of the story and have already built a general plot-line to follow. I intend to finish this by the end of this upcoming weekend, then do a review of the script on Sunday and will push forwards for making a storyboards for the next couple of weeks.

I would like some voice actors/actresses though.

If someone can do a real good Cullen impersonation I'm willing to pay.

The project will remain secret and will be now referred to as 'Project 9'

GoktimusPrime
24th May 2012, 03:21 PM
I'm sure all of our Transformers voices sound great in our heads... I know my Peter Cullen impression sounds bloody fantastic. The problem is how it sounds outside of our heads. :p Perhaps we can send you audio samples and you can judge for youself. :D When I get some time I might do a sample of several different character voices and send the file to you. Heh. :D

KalEl
24th May 2012, 03:57 PM
I'm glad that I've managed to rack up nearly 30,000 views with the Optimus Prime music video.

I'm now working on another Stop Motion project, I'm currently penning the story and would like to keep it independent to myself. I think the problem with having too many contribute their ideas is that there's too much collision of thoughts and nothing is created in the end.

The project I really do intend to finish as it's something I can't stop thinking of the last few months. I've decided to set deadlines for myself on this thread so that I keep going with this project and don't quit half-way or even 3/4's way through.

Right now I'm penning the detailed script of the last 2/3 of the story and have already built a general plot-line to follow. I intend to finish this by the end of this upcoming weekend, then do a review of the script on Sunday and will push forwards for making a storyboards for the next couple of weeks.

I would like some voice actors/actresses though.

If someone can do a real good Cullen impersonation I'm willing to pay.

The project will remain secret and will be now referred to as 'Project 9'
dude i can do a heap of voices pretty good, let me know what you need pm me or skype me

SkyWarp91
24th May 2012, 06:09 PM
dude i can do a heap of voices pretty good, let me know what you need pm me or skype me

I'm thinking of paying for other lead voices if they can be impersonated well but to a lesser amount as I think Prime is one of my selling points.

liegeprime
24th May 2012, 07:20 PM
The bit where it showed Megs was the one doing the crazy teeny second voice had me Lolling for minutes!!:D:D:D Well done!!

SkyWarp91
25th May 2012, 12:02 AM
Just finished 2/3 of the detailed script. Will rest for tonight. Hope to get started with the last third by tomorrow and hopefully finish it by Saturday.

Firestorm
25th May 2012, 02:53 AM
I'd like to help with voice work :)
though, I'm not sure who I could actually do good voices for. but I'll still try :D
i think my voice is a little young for most of the characters but I should be able to fix that :D

SkyWarp91
27th May 2012, 12:38 PM
Project 9 Update: Finished the detailed script. Now it's time to do a proofread of everything and then time to start storyboards!!

GoktimusPrime
27th May 2012, 01:09 PM
In terms of "auditioning" for voice performers (let's not insult the profession by calling ourselves "actors" unless any of us actually have had training or are just really talented ;)) perhaps you could give write up a small sample of lines for each character that you'd like to cast. It doesn't have to be a line from the script, it can be any line. Each line should showcase a different range of emotions; e.g. happy line, sad line, stoic line, angry line, authoritative line, menacing line - depending on the character. Because delivering the line "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" in Optimus Prime's smooth stoic voice is very different from belting out "I'LL TAKE YOU ALL ON!" in his screaming action voice. You want to see how people can modulate a given voice. :) You may also need to include some wallas -- wallas are the non-language noises that voice actors often are required to perform, like screaming, laughing, crying, grunting etc.

KalEl
27th May 2012, 04:14 PM
Project 9 Update: Finished the detailed script. Now it's time to do a proofread of everything and then time to start storyboards!!

dude as i said let me know when you want to do some voice developments

Hursticon
27th May 2012, 05:04 PM
You're 1st stop-motion vid was excellent dude, this next one is likely to be even better!; I wish you the best of luck man, Script & Dialogue would have to be 2 of the hardest parts to nail in such a project I imagine. ;):)

SkyWarp91
27th May 2012, 06:28 PM
In terms of "auditioning" for voice performers (let's not insult the profession by calling ourselves "actors" unless any of us actually have had training or are just really talented ;)) perhaps you could give write up a small sample of lines for each character that you'd like to cast. It doesn't have to be a line from the script, it can be any line. Each line should showcase a different range of emotions; e.g. happy line, sad line, stoic line, angry line, authoritative line, menacing line - depending on the character. Because delivering the line "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" in Optimus Prime's smooth stoic voice is very different from belting out "I'LL TAKE YOU ALL ON!" in his screaming action voice. You want to see how people can modulate a given voice. :) You may also need to include some wallas -- wallas are the non-language noises that voice actors often are required to perform, like screaming, laughing, crying, grunting etc.

Thanks for the suggestion Gok, as I'm going through the script I've decided to tally up the total lines said by each character and add what emotions they should be speaking under. When that and proofreading is done I will post up a list of all roles and total lines used by each role.

You're 1st stop-motion vid was excellent dude, this next one is likely to be even better!; I wish you the best of luck man, Script & Dialogue would have to be 2 of the hardest parts to nail in such a project I imagine. ;):)

I've thought and thought about the script and how to tell a story many times to give myself enough headaches for this project. The dialogue I tried to make as natural as possible. I think the next part which is the principle photography and editing will take the longest. Perhaps a couple of months or so. That and perhaps the process of gathering voice actors.

SkyWarp91
28th May 2012, 01:45 AM
Update:

So after tallying the number of lines said by each character, here they are. These are estimates though done in a very rushed process and I may be off by a number or two. I'll isolate each character's lines in separate documents later to confirm their numbers. So here we have it:

I guess Auditions are now open and I am now offering paid roles (paypal), noted are also what I look for in voices. Extra paid roles may be added on later for any roles with more than 20 lines or payments offered to combined roles by same actor/actresses

Starscream (58) - $35 - Bay Movie Voice

Skywarp (3) - G1ish voice

Thundercracker (26) - G1ish

Generic Decepticon (3) - Any evil voice

Decepticon Crowd (1) - Any evil voice

Bumblebbe (2) - Mark Ryan's voice

Sam Witwicky (1) - If it's a funny impersonation of Shia Leboff then I'm all ears lol

Breakdown (2) - You can do your own take on this, G1ish style if wanted

TopSpin (6) - Bogan-like

Leadfoot (4) - DOTM-esque, irish accent?

Roadbuster (2) - DOTM-esque, irish accent?

Military Pilot (2) - Generic soldier voice, young

General Morshower (8) - Glenn Morshower impersonator wanted $7

Ratchet (48) - $30 - Bay Movie role

Human Operator (1) - anyone can offer

Payload (7) - like Bane from Batman The Animated Series

Mindwipe (3) - Calm, gravelly, similar to his appearance in the Cyber Mission series

Optimus Prime (26) - Am trying to negotiate a deal with jon3pnt0 of Youtube fame to do Optimus' voice. Auditions welcome. Cullen impersonation highly-sought after.

Sideswipe (21) - Bay Movie version

Vice-President Logan (8) - Male with a good US accent is preferred, and in fashion with Gregory Itzin's portrayal of President Logan from TV-Show '24'

MILITARY COMMANDER (2) - not fussed

RADIO OPERATOR (1) - not fussed

HAILSTORM (1) - not fussed

Skyhammer (29) - laid back, cool voice

Brimstone (2) - bikie like

Wreckage (2) - laid back voice

Decepticon Guard (2) - loud, agressive

KalEl
29th May 2012, 08:20 AM
Update:

So after tallying the number of lines said by each character, here they are. These are estimates though done in a very rushed process and I may be off by a number or two. I'll isolate each character's lines in separate documents later to confirm their numbers. So here we have it:

I guess Auditions are now open and I am now offering paid roles (paypal), noted are also what I look for in voices. Extra paid roles may be added on later for any roles with more than 20 lines or payments offered to combined roles by same actor/actresses

Skywarp (3) - G1ish voice

Thundercracker (26) - G1ish

Generic Decepticon (3) - Any evil voice

Decepticon Crowd (1) - Any evil voice

Bumblebbe (2) - Mark Ryan's voice

Sam Witwicky (1) - If it's a funny impersonation of Shia Leboff then I'm all ears lol

TopSpin (6) - Bogan-like

Leadfoot (4) - DOTM-esque, irish accent?

Roadbuster (2) - DOTM-esque, irish accent?

Military Pilot (2) - Generic soldier voice, young

Ratchet (48) - $30 - Bay Movie role

Payload (7) - like Bane from Batman The Animated Series

Mindwipe (3) - Calm, gravelly, similar to his appearance in the Cyber Mission series

Optimus Prime (26) - Am trying to negotiate a deal with jon3pnt0 of Youtube fame to do Optimus' voice. Auditions welcome. Cullen impersonation highly-sought after.

Sideswipe (21) - Bay Movie version

Vice-President Logan (8) - Male with a good US accent is preferred, and in fashion with Gregory Itzin's portrayal of President Logan from TV-Show '24'

MILITARY COMMANDER (2) - not fussed

RADIO OPERATOR (1) - not fussed

Skyhammer (29) - laid back, cool voice

Brimstone (2) - bikie like

Wreckage (2) - laid back voice

Decepticon Guard (2) - loud, agressive

dude i'd like to give a few of these a go, skype sometime soon?

SkyWarp91
29th May 2012, 11:58 PM
dude i'd like to give a few of these a go, skype sometime soon?

Any roles in particular you wanted?

Firestorm
30th May 2012, 02:34 AM
not sure who on that list I could do, but I'll give some of them a shot

KalEl
30th May 2012, 01:26 PM
Any roles in particular you wanted?

A few talk later bout it

SkyWarp91
31st May 2012, 02:55 PM
Update:

Skywarp (3) - G1ish voice Skywarp91

Thundercracker (26) - G1ish Skywarp91

Generic Decepticon (3) - Any evil voice KalEl

Decepticon Crowd (1) - Any evil voice KalEl, Skywarp91

Bumblebee (2) - Mark Ryan's voice Might not even need voices pending on proof-reading

TopSpin (6) - Bogan-like

Leadfoot (4) - DOTM-esque, irish accent? KalEl

Roadbuster (2) - DOTM-esque, irish accent? KalEl

Military Pilot (2) - Generic soldier voice, young KalEl

Ratchet (48) - $30 - Bay Movie role Maybe KalEl

Payload (7) - like Bane from Batman The Animated Series Skywarp91

Mindwipe (3) - Calm, DEEP, similar to his appearance in the Cyber Mission series (here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkhwunDh9ok) KalEl

Optimus Prime (26) - Working with Jon Bailey, jon3pnt0 of Youtube fame to do Optimus' voice. Auditions welcome. Cullen impersonation highly-sought after.

Sideswipe (21) - Bay Movie version KalEl

MILITARY COMMANDER (2) - not fussed KalEl

RADIO OPERATOR (1) - not fussed KalEl

Skyhammer (29) - laid back, cool voice Skywarp91

Brimstone (2) - bikie like KalEl

Wreckage (2) - laid back voice KalEl

Decepticon Guard (2) - loud, agressive KalEl

SkyWarp91
3rd June 2012, 11:02 PM
update: proof-reading, after getting enough free time is finally done. I'm happy with the story that I have created and will now start separating all of the lines spoken by each character into their own document and have another read of what they say in my head to see if it flows naturally, then I'll post out the scripts to the vocal talent. I probably will make a summary of what each character is like and how the voice actor should tackle them.

Then after that it's time to start drawing up some storyboards, which I intend to do over the next 2-3 weeks. Fun fun fun!

EDIT - As of 7th June 2012 I have finally separated all the lines for each individual characters into their own documents. Jon Bailey is almost done with his lines as Optimus Prime and I will re-read some of the lines spoken by major characters including Starscream, Ratchet and Skyhammer before moving onto Storyboards.

SkyWarp91
7th June 2012, 04:53 PM
Just got the recordings back from Jon Bailey, oh man his voice is god-like. I am so pumped to get this project done now.

SkyWarp91
8th June 2012, 01:46 AM
Updated the Casting Call list post-proofreading. Added some more precise character details.

The number next to the name indicates the number of lines said. Some roles offered will include payment. I have decided to withdraw from doing most of the voices as I want to share the roles for more OTCAnarians.

EDIT: Roles that have been reserved may still be auditioned for.

Updated Casting Call:

Starscream (58) - This Starscream is based on the Bay movie incarnation, he has a soft yet raspy voice. Auditioning: Firestorm
Ratchet (48) - Based on the Bayformers Ratchet incarnation. Ratchet is tiring of the Autobot-Decepticon war and begins questioning whether it will ever end. This movie reveals Ratchet's more violent side as he gets more involved in fighting. -Maybe KalEl
Thundercracker (25) - Thundercracker can have any voice, but a nod to his G1 character would be nice. Like his G1 character, Thundercracker does not really care about humans and is more focused on his own race. He's not so loyal to Starscream. He does lack initiative though to do what he thinks is right.
Skyhammer (24) - Skyhammer can have any voice, like Sideswipe he is somewhat cocky but is actually an intelligent fighter. He is laid-back and isn't so formal with his manners like Optimus or Ratchet.
Sideswipe (21) - Based on his Bayformers incarnation. Sideswipe is a skilled fighter but maybe overconfident of his skills. Unlike Optimus or the other Autobots he is reluctant to make the sacrifices necessary to win the Autobot-Decepticon war. Reserved for KalEL
General Morshower (8) Based on Glenn Morshower's portrayal of... General Morshower!Maybe Jon Bailey
Vice-President Logan (8) - Vice President Logan is based on the 24 character Charles Logan, he's more selfish than he is selfless and tends to panic and tends to try and put responsibilities on others than on himself. Maybe Jon Bailey
Payload (7) - Payload is the Bane of Transformers. He is the lethal combination of strength and intelligence that even Megatron fears. Payload doesn't care about saving his home planet, he just wants to kill, crush and destroy! His voice is gravelly, loud and heavily masculine.
TopSpin (6) - The only character to not talk in DOTM, Topspin can have any voice. As the other 2 Wreckers are portrayed as stereotypical NASCAR rednecks, so Topspin could be a typical Australian bogan. Reserved for KalEL
Leadfoot (4) - Has a rough-aggressive British voice. Based on DOTM appearance voiced by John Dimaggio (Bender from Futurama) Reserved for KalEL
Decepticon Guard / War Within Fallen (3) - A royal Decepticon Guard of considerably high strength that guards the Vector Sigma. Th character will be based on a slightly modified War Within Titanium 6" The Fallen figure. Reserved for KalEL
Generic Decepticon / Runamuck (3) - Runamuck's basically dying when we first see him. So a good dying voice will suffice. Reserved for KalEL
Mindwipe (3) - Based on Cyber Missions appearance, his voice is deep and echoey as seen here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AI2tzpFtSxg&feature=relmfu Reserved for KalEL
Skywarp (3) - Skywarp can have any voice, but a nod to his G1 character would be nice. He is loyal to Stasrcream yet is unintelligent.
Breakdown (2) - A psychotic Decepticon who overestimates his own ability. Auditioning: Firestorm
Brimstone (2) - Can have any voice. Reserved for KalEL
MILITARY COMMANDER (2) - Human voice. Can be anyone. Reserved for KalEL
Military Pilot (2) - Can have any voice. Reserved for KalEL
Roadbuster (2) - Harsh, gravelly British voice. Based on DOTM appearance. Only 2 LINES! 3 words!!! Reserved for KalEL
Wreckage (2) - http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Wreckage_%28Movie%29 ; Can have any voice.
Decepticon Crowd (1) - Can have many voices put together to simulate an echo effect. KalEl, Skywarp91
HAILSTORM (1) - Can have any voice. Auditioning: Firestorm
RADIO OPERATOR (1) - Can have any voice.
Sam Witwicky (1) - Funny Shia Lebouf impersonation if possible Auditioning: Firestorm

KalEl
8th June 2012, 03:54 PM
dude put me down for decepticon guard and mindwipe also, also can you email me those lines for the roles i wanted so i can record the first draft for you

SkyWarp91
8th June 2012, 09:29 PM
dude put me down for decepticon guard and mindwipe also, also can you email me those lines for the roles i wanted so i can record the first draft for you

Done, forgot I had you down for those two :) Will send the lines now! :)

loophole
8th June 2012, 09:41 PM
I feel like I should do a voice particularly breakdowns especially with the whole him being a stunticon thing

SkyWarp91
8th June 2012, 09:42 PM
I feel like I should do a voice particularly breakdowns especially with the whole him being a stunticon thing

Audition ahead man, PM'd! :)

also can you email me those lines for the roles i wanted so i can record the first draft for you

Sent to your gmail man!

KalEl
9th June 2012, 09:30 PM
Audition ahead man, PM'd! :)

Sent to your gmail man!

got it bro :D wil send some sound clips to you soon

SkyWarp91
18th June 2012, 02:54 PM
Project 9 Update.

Finally started working on Storyboards after having a holiday.
Proof I'm working on it: ;)
http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff245/gc_xiahou_nguyen/Preview.png

SkyWarp91
22nd June 2012, 02:58 PM
Well I've done Chapter 1/3 in storyboarding now. Will edit all the boards together on a video with added sounds to give an approximate running time.

Then I'll start storyboarding the last 2 chapters later.

KalEl
22nd June 2012, 06:08 PM
Well I've done Chapter 1/3 in storyboarding now. Will edit all the boards together on a video with added sounds to give an approximate running time.

Then I'll start storyboarding the last 2 chapters later.

awesome!

SkyWarp91
6th July 2012, 02:02 AM
awesome!

THanks mate, almost finished the 2nd chapter in storyboards.
It's definitely longer than the first but not by a far margin, and I've decided to change the ending to the story.

So the project is still going :)

SkyWarp91
16th July 2012, 03:10 PM
Another shameless update.

The project is still coming along, it's not dead. I'm actually storyboarding the very last fight scene!

Hursticon
21st July 2012, 07:16 PM
Glad to hear it's slowly coming along dude, patience & persistence will yield the best result IMO - Looking forward to any future developments. ;):cool:

SkyWarp91
1st August 2012, 03:58 AM
Glad to hear it's slowly coming along dude, patience & persistence will yield the best result IMO - Looking forward to any future developments. ;):cool:

Did it. Finally, after some procrastination I finally gave myself that one more push and storyboards are finally done. They're ugly as heck but good enough to make a decent outline of how I want to pose my figures. There's probably a couple more scenes/shots that could be added in but now it's time to throw it all together into a test-storyboard film and guestimate the total running time. A hollywood movie apparently has 600-700 shots in it. Mine has about 800+. Lol

KalEl
1st August 2012, 08:05 AM
Did it. Finally, after some procrastination I finally gave myself that one more push and storyboards are finally done. They're ugly as heck but good enough to make a decent outline of how I want to pose my figures. There's probably a couple more scenes/shots that could be added in but now it's time to throw it all together into a test-storyboard film and guestimate the total running time. A hollywood movie apparently has 600-700 shots in it. Mine has about 800+. Lol

keep up the good work dude

drahsrebu
1st August 2012, 10:07 AM

really looking forward to this:) keep up the good work!!!

Hursticon
1st August 2012, 01:04 PM
Excellent, great to hear man - Slow & steady dude, looking forward to seeing what's next. :cool:

SkyWarp91
6th August 2012, 06:21 PM
A teaser-title for this stop motion movie!

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff245/gc_xiahou_nguyen/Title.png

3rd proof-read is done, added some extra shots. Am really happy with the final script and will now match the storyboards to the script, record all lines as a draft and make a storyboard movie then will move onto shooting the real thing!

KalEl
9th August 2012, 10:22 PM
when do you need the recordings dude

SkyWarp91
10th August 2012, 02:02 AM
when do you need the recordings dude

Take your time, in no rush yet.

SkyWarp91
10th August 2012, 03:01 AM
Also don't record any lines yet by the way as there have been changes to the script, I will update once I'm done with the draft movie.

Oh yeah I want to add some female voices for some bots/cons for this project to avoid a complete sausage-fest of a project!

SkyWarp91
31st August 2012, 10:41 PM
Over the last few days did a draft recording of the entire script along with the storyboards, the project clocks roughly at a total of 70 minutes.

KalEl
1st September 2012, 07:24 AM
Over the last few days did a draft recording of the entire script along with the storyboards, the project clocks roughly at a total of 70 minutes.

awesome

SkyWarp91
25th September 2012, 08:40 PM
Quick update:
- Principle photography , or shall I shall 3d photography is underway. I'm testing out a couple of 3D animators - such as Bryce and Vue 10 xstream and getting the hang of rendering etc.
- I'll hold off posting up complete roles for now as the voicing budget is pretty much non-existent at the moment. As soon as my budget starts to come into fruition I'll then post them up and start paying people :)
- Probably the biggest challenge yet to face is actually getting the actual figures out of storage... urgh...

So the project ain't dead, and I am determined to finish it - even if it kills me :)

KalEl
25th September 2012, 08:50 PM
Quick update:
- Principle photography , or shall I shall 3d photography is underway. I'm testing out a couple of 3D animators - such as Bryce and Vue 10 xstream and getting the hang of rendering etc.
- I'll hold off posting up complete roles for now as the voicing budget is pretty much non-existent at the moment. As soon as my budget starts to come into fruition I'll then post them up and start paying people :)
- Probably the biggest challenge yet to face is actually getting the actual figures out of storage... urgh...

So the project ain't dead, and I am determined to finish it - even if it kills me :)
Hells yeah bro

Hursticon
26th September 2012, 03:11 PM
Quick update:

Never thought it was dude - Keep with it dude and knock out bits at a time, don't rush it as you'll be pissed at yourself if something isn't right or something goes wrong. ;):cool:

Continuing to look forward to future updates. :)

SkyWarp91
14th October 2012, 09:46 PM
I've decided to start a new thread for my fan-film as the project wasn't really a whole OTCA-based production anymore - http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=14631

That being said though, if another stop-motion project did come to life and was made solely with OTCA members then I guess this thread could live on