PDA

View Full Version : 25th Anniversary Amazon.com Unicron IN STOCK, SHIPPING INTERNATIONALLY

reillyd
26th August 2011, 10:46 AM
First wave sold lightning fast, so get in quick. I put this in a separate thread so
that everyone would see it, and to note that it ships internationally. Mods, if you want, you might want to merge with the gallery thread?

Here is a link to Amazon.com Unicron (www.davidreilly.com/goto.php?isbn=B004ZKT4KI) if you follow that link direct, I also get a small
commission. If you'd prefer not to do that, here is also a link (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B004ZKT4KI/) to the RAW Amazon.com with no comission.

To my postcode priorty international courier (2-5 days) was only 39.99,
expedited international shipping only 10.99.

Obviously this is a mistake, but Amazon honours all orders when placed
unless the product is cancelled. I would buy now, and buy some for friends,
if you don't want to pay a truckload of money for him on ebay plus shipping later.

Hursticon
26th August 2011, 10:51 AM
Aww man...
I wish I had the funds, as I'd be very happy to get you a bit of a commission Reillyd - This makes my current financial position all the more frustrating... Yesterday really sucked. :(

reillyd
26th August 2011, 11:11 AM
Its popping up intermittently as out of stock, looks like they are selling them in batches, so keep checking during the day. I wouldn't give up all hope either, as Robotkingdom will probably stock them as well, so don't sweat it :)

I just bought two, and depending on how cool the packaging looks I (might!) have one spare if I decide not to keep a display one.

VERT
26th August 2011, 11:50 AM
Yeah they had better let me have my $10 postage. I got mine ordered today :D

janda the red
26th August 2011, 12:49 PM
damn.... it's saying sold out.

i'll give it another try after work, fingers crossed!

janda :)

jena
26th August 2011, 01:00 PM
I'm on my iPhone and seeing 'currently unavailable'. How much is this guy? I'm not even seeing a price.

Zippo
26th August 2011, 01:09 PM
$60US.
I got an order in (as I said in the other thread) early this morning .. and want to secure some more.

jena
26th August 2011, 01:13 PM
Bargain! It's now telling me that it is in stock but when I try adding to cart it says it's unavailable from that seller. I hate being stuck at work with only my iPhone! I need this awesome Unicron!

griffin
26th August 2011, 01:20 PM
If it lists options of sources, make sure you select the one from 'Amazon', as other sources may only ship within America. (Amazon.com is a selling agent for themselves and other people/businesses... it's just the convenience of having the one site process payments for participating sellers)

I've also been watching it's ranking on the toys section each time I go back... it's now up to 4th.
(topic to be merged with the other one later)

k.wong23
26th August 2011, 02:43 PM
If anyone sees it in stock please buy 2! Have been waiting forever for this, damn work!

Doubledealer
26th August 2011, 05:47 PM
Currently unavailable.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.

Noooooooooooooooooooooo :(:mad:

primetime
26th August 2011, 06:20 PM
Currently unavailable.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.

Noooooooooooooooooooooo :(:mad:

BAAAAHHHHHHH :eek::eek::eek:

Doubledealer
26th August 2011, 06:50 PM
This would (literally) fill the huge gaping void in the Decepticon Classics army...What are we going to dooooo I WANNIT I WANNIT I WANNIIIIIIIT >_<*

*ahem*

:D

jena
26th August 2011, 10:07 PM
If anyone has any luck with getting one, they should get some extras for the rest of us!

swoop
26th August 2011, 11:21 PM
Its back up for order guys I just got one:D

Aqua Prime
26th August 2011, 11:22 PM
Shipping is now $14.11 for us Aussies....I've put my order through :)

Tetsuwan Convoy
27th August 2011, 12:26 AM
And back to unavailable:o

Lol.

k.wong23
27th August 2011, 12:49 AM
OMG missed out again by 1 hour? C'mon!

Tetsuwan Convoy
27th August 2011, 01:40 AM
And back again:confused::D

gdmetro
27th August 2011, 01:58 AM
And back again:confused::D

Thanks- just nabbed one! Was in the middle of ordering one before and they sold out.

Hopefully the expedited shipping will be okay.

Tetsuwan Convoy
27th August 2011, 02:22 AM
Thanks- just nabbed one! Was in the middle of ordering one before and they sold out.

Hopefully the expedited shipping will be okay.

No worries, got one for me and a DVD box set while I was there. Together both cheaper than what Unicron would cost here alone!:D

Kudoes to reilly for the heads up:)

nyerk
27th August 2011, 02:47 AM
Shipping is now $14.11 for us Aussies....I've put my order through :)

Huh, that's weird. I just ordered mine now and my shipping's $10.03 :confused:

Oh well, none of this will matter when the Chaos Bringer descends upon my doorstep. :p

jena
27th August 2011, 07:41 AM
Woo! I just ordered mine. And oddly enough I paid $10.10 shipping, different again! So weird but I don't care, I'm excited!

KillinSpoon
27th August 2011, 08:16 AM
Dammit, I was waiting for someone else from Melbourne last night so I could grab 2 and possibly save on shipping! Ah well, I'll pick one up later on after work! :p
(unfortunately I finish at 6... Sooo HOPEFULLY it is still available, unless another Melbournian wants to order one for me now and I'll chuck you the money tonight?)

Aqua Prime
27th August 2011, 10:10 AM
Huh, that's weird. I just ordered mine now and my shipping's $10.03 :confused:

Oh well, none of this will matter when the Chaos Bringer descends upon my doorstep. :p

I should have clarified the postage must have went up to $14 because I ordered 2 of him. An extra $4 in postage for a big box like Unicron..... BARGAIN. Even for 1 postage at $14 would be a bargain.

Now I have to wait patiently for him to arrive. At least he's cheaper then the Armada Unicron when he came out here.

Poor Hasbro Au loosing sales. It's their fault though :p

Zippo
27th August 2011, 11:20 AM
I was able to see more in stock, but everytime I tried to put more than one in the cart, it was adjusted to 1.

jena
27th August 2011, 11:39 AM
I was able to see more in stock, but everytime I tried to put more than one in the cart, it was adjusted to 1.

Sounds to me like Amazon have limited them to one per person now. They must be selling like hotcakes! :eek:

Aqua Prime
27th August 2011, 03:45 PM
I think he might ACTUALLY be sold out now. I've checked the site a few times today and constantly says unavailable.

I'll be waiting by my front door in anticipation. I'd still consider getting an Armada one though.

Doubledealer
27th August 2011, 07:07 PM
I think he might ACTUALLY be sold out now.

Hope springs eternal. :(

griffin
27th August 2011, 10:26 PM
Back in stock, with this note:

In stock but may require an extra 1-2 days to process.

Perhaps they have more coming, but just not on site at this time.

Good to see that it has now reached #1 on the Amazon top 100 Toys listing.

Tetsuwan Convoy
27th August 2011, 10:40 PM
LOL! Probably all due to us :D

I wonder if those at amazon are thinking "Geez, whats with all the aussies? "

Hopefully they will get the idea and sell more toys overseas!!

Doubledealer
27th August 2011, 10:44 PM
Back in stock, with this note:

Perhaps they have more coming, but just not on site at this time.

Champion! Managed to bag one this time. So happy right now!! :D

Ultra Mackness
28th August 2011, 08:27 AM
I just checked on Amazon and the list price jumped from $59.99 to $299.99 :eek: Is this right? I was sitting on the fence about getting him as I've already got Armadacron, but this is prohibitive! I could probably track down that elusive botcon Alpha Trion for that much!

KillinSpoon
28th August 2011, 08:30 AM
That's just someone scalping him. Hopefully he comes back up, I'm pretty annoyed I didn't nab one yesterday morning...

Ultra Mackness
28th August 2011, 08:46 AM
Man I hope so. Damn scalpers :mad:

janda the red
28th August 2011, 09:15 AM
Man I hope so. Damn scalpers :mad:

i just checked too.....

did a jumping "WOO HOO!!!" in the midddle of the lounge room when it said available... :D
followed a few seconds later with "F#%$ Off" when it read $299.95? :mad:

if i had a dollar for each time i've checked... i'd own the toy by now... lol

Decepticon
28th August 2011, 09:15 AM
I'm glad I got one a few nights back. Can't wait to get him!!!

griffin
28th August 2011, 09:50 AM
That certainly is toy scalping at work. Anything over $100, especially in such a short space of time, is just greedy.
(ebay is almost as bad with several already listed for around $250, and a few more at around $150)

As I mentioned above, make sure that if there are multiple buying options, find one that that says 'from Amazon' (if they get it back in stock). Anyone else listed there is just using Amazon as an agent to sell their own stuff.

Tetsuwan Convoy
28th August 2011, 12:48 PM
There is often scalping on Amazon I have noticed, sadly at this ridiculous price as well.

But like Griffin said, buy direct from Amazon.

At the moment it says "Available from these sellers" and you have to click the sellers link. If you click on the Buy button, it takes you to a sellers list anyway. Just could be tricky for those who have no experience with Amazon.

Thats bad form though. $300! hopefully no-one will pay that.

reillyd
28th August 2011, 12:52 PM
Think, in a moment of desperation I would pay one hundred, maybe one fifty, but three hundred is just plain ridiculous. I would keep checking over the course of the next week, but don't be sitting on the fence, or waiting to combine it with another persons order. It's almost a guarantee that you would be able to trade it to another ozformers member, and won't have trouble getting rid of it if you decide not to keep.

yoshi594
28th August 2011, 05:33 PM
A new one was just listed from a NEW amazon account that undercuts the previous scalpers shipping by 2 dollars lol.

I hope whomever buys Unicron at the scalpers price leaves them a negative feedback!

canofwhoopass_87
28th August 2011, 09:28 PM
Besides the name change, is Kranix / his head a retool of the old minicon as well? Anyone know?

KillinSpoon
29th August 2011, 01:27 AM
Is it not the same minicon that has come with every release of the unicron mould? He looks the same as all the others I have. :/

Hursticon
29th August 2011, 01:51 AM
Is it not the same minicon that has come with every release of the unicron mould? He looks the same as all the others I have. :/

Yep, same figure - Different colour scheme and name. ;):)

swoop
29th August 2011, 10:31 AM
I just got my shipping notice from amazon. It has a tracking number so amazon must be losing a bit of money on postage. I hope that it doesn't put them off doing international orders in the future

yoshi594
29th August 2011, 11:43 AM
I bought 2 blu rays as well as Unicron. Just got the shipped email as well. Funny thing is, they were shipped seperately (i assume this cos i got a seperate email for unicron) and the shipping cost for unicron was 5.61 and the shipping cost for the blu rays was 6.98 lol.

VERT
29th August 2011, 11:58 AM
My Unicron has been shipped today too. Cant wait for the super cheap Chaos bringer to arrive :D

Doubledealer
29th August 2011, 12:29 PM
So pumped for this aye :D No idea where I'm gonna put it though, might have to go the suspended planet using fishing line trick :p

Zippo
29th August 2011, 12:50 PM
One of mine still hasn't shipped, which is against their 'we only charge you when your item is shipped story' .. they have charged me.

Eventually it will ship.
And fingers crossed some more are orderable soon.

Decepticon
29th August 2011, 05:06 PM
One of mine still hasn't shipped, which is against their 'we only charge you when your item is shipped story' .. they have charged me.

Eventually it will ship.
And fingers crossed some more are orderable soon.

That happened to me too. Ive been charged but has not shipped.

primetime
29th August 2011, 05:07 PM
Bwah still sold out at Amazon, there's only one left at scalper price of USD 299.99 so I headed over to e-Bay and picked one up at about AUD 160.00 shipped from the US!

yoshi594
29th August 2011, 05:09 PM
http://www.robotkingdom.com/services/eshop/main.php?action=details&CatType=&II=AMZUNICRON&lang=us&CatID=

Mmm i wonder when they put that up n at what price? I guess the mass orders came from online stores like rk.

1orion2many
29th August 2011, 05:15 PM
I have the Armada and Energon ones and really I think that's enough for me, I was thinking about it when people said it was $70.00 but I more than likely won't see that price again and I'm not paying the inflated prices of the scalpers market:rolleyes:, I may change my mind later on down the track but I don't think so.

k.wong23
29th August 2011, 07:01 PM
http://robotkingdom.com/services/eshop/main.php?action=details&CatType=&II=AMZUNICRON&lang=us&CatID=

Not as cheap at $89 US but since I was not able to purchase from Amazon looks like this will be my only option

Zippo
29th August 2011, 07:06 PM
Finally shipped.

And for those who are waiting for one, I say continue to wait.
Amazon isn't going to have ordered 500 units and put them all for sale on the first day. There will be restocks, its just a matter of waiting.

Xmas is coming soon and stores want to have those items around for that sale period.

The RK listing will be stock sourced from Hasbro Hong Kong.

Hursticon
29th August 2011, 07:32 PM
And for those who are waiting for one, I say continue to wait.
Amazon isn't going to have ordered 500 units and put them all for sale on the first day. There will be restocks, its just a matter of waiting.

Xmas is coming soon and stores want to have those items around for that sale period.

I reckon that is probably sound advice man and as such I am going to do just that and wait until a restock, but...

The RK listing will be stock sourced from Hasbro Hong Kong.

I reckon you're dead right here too and this is looking pretty tempting. :cool:
If RK still has some in stock in a fortnight's time, I think I might bite the bullet. :o

gdmetro
29th August 2011, 08:30 PM
OMG...Rk... $90!!

So happy I got mine from Amazon...

griffin
29th August 2011, 11:39 PM
I hate it when fansites and online stores watermark official/stock photos, as if it is their property. I don't mind them doing it to their own images, because it makes it easier crediting the source without having to remember who it is, but this just bugs me.
It can make it tough finding official pics to post up here and archive when most have a website's name through the image... and it's not like RK have an exclusive with those Unicron images either.

Ultra Mackness
30th August 2011, 05:35 AM
I probably won't end up getting one of these, but for some reason I keep searching for them! Yahobby.com has them for 109.99 with 32.99 shipping. Maybe if I find one for $60 somewhere.....:p

5FDP
30th August 2011, 02:00 PM
I hate it when fansites and online stores watermark official/stock photos, as if it is their property.

^ 100% agree with this *I'm looking at you also TFW*

griffin
30th August 2011, 02:11 PM
Yeah, TFW didn't used to do it, which is disappointing. I'm currently in the process of building up an archive of official stock photos, for our resources section, and it takes time searching for "clean" older pictures that Hasbro no longer has on their site.

jaydisc
30th August 2011, 09:12 PM
I am on the same search and am equally perturbed by the situation you mention. Feel free to grab any images I've already collected from www.itfdb.com

So what "line" would people class this figure?

Tetsuwan Convoy
30th August 2011, 09:24 PM
So what "line" would people class this figure?

Intereting thought there Jaydisc.

I would probably slap hi in the Classics/Henkeir/Universe line since it is a G1 (movie) styled colouring I guess with a new head.

Athough I susect I have other '25th anniversary' figures floating around somewhere, Like MP Rodimus...:o SO that could be a line in itself...

jaydisc
30th August 2011, 09:28 PM
It's that red 2010 packaging.... like the Seacons. I have MP Rodi as "Masterpiece" line, but this?! These things mess with my OCD brain! (as well as my ability to run a database site)

jaydisc
30th August 2011, 09:34 PM
I'm gonna follow the Seacons and go with Commemorative Edition until I hear something better.

canofwhoopass_87
31st August 2011, 09:33 AM
So pumped for this aye :D No idea where I'm gonna put it though, might have to go the suspended planet using fishing line trick :p

Haha! :D

KillinSpoon
1st September 2011, 12:01 AM
There were 13 up before for ~$130.
They're all gone now, so either someone is planning to rescalp them or people are desperate for this. I knew I should have bloody picked on up the other morning...

Current ones for sale;
http://img546.imageshack.us/img546/8482/cough.jpg

Hursticon
1st September 2011, 12:04 AM
Really? - Someone is asking $10,000 for one?, WTF!?! :confused:

griffin
2nd September 2011, 01:37 AM
I am on the same search and am equally perturbed by the situation you mention. Feel free to grab any images I've already collected from www.itfdb.com (http://www.itfdb.com)

People can do the same with any official pics I put up in the Resource section, as they aren't my images anyway.

Tetsuwan Convoy
7th September 2011, 04:34 PM

lol, and they are charging for shipping too. At that price, I owuld expect free shipping.:D

tinyJazz
7th September 2011, 07:03 PM
If Amazon's not restocking, Preorder now at RK for $90US (http://www.robotkingdom.com/services/eshop/main.php?action=details&CatType=&II=AMZUNICRON&lang=us&CatID=). Sorry if this has already been posted in the thread, haven't read through. :/

Did FR paint it? Lol :D

jaydisc
8th September 2011, 11:26 AM
I've heard the instructions for Unicron clearly state "Dark of the Moon". Can anyone verify?

VERT
8th September 2011, 12:42 PM
MY UNICRON ARRIVED TODAY! AND LOOKS BETTER IN PERSON :D

reillyd
8th September 2011, 07:24 PM
Awesomeness. I can't wait to see mine.

Vector Prime
8th September 2011, 09:53 PM
MY UNICRON ARRIVED TODAY! AND LOOKS BETTER IN PERSON :D

+1 :D

sifun
9th September 2011, 11:59 AM
mine just arrived today at work :)

VERT
9th September 2011, 12:13 PM
I've heard the instructions for Unicron clearly state "Dark of the Moon". Can anyone verify?

Yes its true I just had a look. Its a generations Box with DOTM instructions.

griffin
9th September 2011, 01:42 PM
Probably just a template they had easier access to at the time for a limited edition figure... I'd probably consider classing it as a Commemorative or Hasbro Masterpiece figure, based on previous 'anniversary' themed Hasbro figures.

Although, if you go by packaging to sort your TFs, you'd probably stick it with the other red-boxed 'Transformers' figures that uses the Generations coloured packaging but not the 'Generations' name. There aren't many, but it appears to be the current Store Exclusive "default" packaging if the toys aren't Movie themed.

Others include:

4 Single Packed vehicle Minicons (redecos)
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HAS19152&mode=retail

Cybertron basics (Backstop was a redeco, others are unchanged)
http://www.toycollectors.com.au/tftoys/excl2011a21.jpg

Ultimate Battle (Optimus Vs Megatron - both unchanged from previous release)
http://www.toycollectors.com.au/tftoys/excl2011a34.jpg

Rage over Cybertron (WFC 3-pack)
http://www.toycollectors.com.au/tftoys/excl2011a32.jpg

Seacons
http://www.toycollectors.com.au/tftoys/2010excl05.jpg

Hasbro Masterpiece Grimlock
http://www.toycollectors.com.au/tftoys/2010excl09.jpg

Hasbro Masterpiece Rodimus
http://www.toycollectors.com.au/tftoys/excl2011a18.jpg

gdmetro
9th September 2011, 04:54 PM
Got mine.

Lucky the shipping turned out okay- no damage- but there was no packing materials in the box - :(

I haven't opened it yet, but the size and weight of the packaging surprised me somewhat.

Cant wait to open him up !! :D

Zippo
10th September 2011, 10:52 AM
The four I ordered arrived today (perfect timing with the estimated arrival date). One was damaged in transit, and only two had padding in the box.

But for $8NZ postage on something so large, you can't complain.

reillyd
10th September 2011, 01:26 PM
I ordered two. One arrived quite heavily damaged, but I was going to open one anyway. The other is too perfect as a display piece to ever part with, sorry guys. Pckaging is awesome, especially the photos on the side. Every masterpiece should have that new innovation

KaRNiV8L PRiME
10th September 2011, 01:53 PM
Robot Kingdom have sent shipping notice also

griffin
10th September 2011, 05:47 PM
Mine arrived in once piece, and without any packing material.

I was having a funny thought the other day after realising just how many of these Unicrons would have been sent to Australia at once. I was thinking about those people at customs who xray incoming packages, and seeing the outlines of items on the monitor...
Book... unicron... CDs... unicron... unicron... porn... unicron... clothing... unicron... illegal drugs... stuffed toy... unicron... :p

Hursticon
10th September 2011, 06:48 PM
I was having a funny thought the other day after realising just how many of these Unicrons would have been sent to Australia at once. I was thinking about those people at customs who xray incoming packages, and seeing the outlines of items on the monitor...
Book... unicron... CDs... unicron... unicron... porn... unicron... clothing... unicron... illegal drugs... stuffed toy... unicron... :p

I lol'd good at this, as that is almost certain to be the way it would've played out. :p:D

Doubledealer
13th September 2011, 09:38 PM
Mine arrived today. Happy with Unicron, not so happy with Kranix (he's missing his head!). :(

Hursticon
13th September 2011, 10:12 PM
Mine arrived today. Happy with Unicron, not so happy with Kranix (he's missing his head!). :(

Wait! - Kranix is missing his head?, how the hell could that be missing? :eek::confused:
I thought it was an integral part of a bigger piece of plastic? :confused:

Doubledealer
13th September 2011, 10:59 PM
Wait! - Kranix is missing his head?, how the hell could that be missing? :eek::confused:
I thought it was an integral part of a bigger piece of plastic? :confused:

I have no idea mate but I would have thought it should be attached to his head, LOL. Do I have to grab it from elsewhere and stick it on?? :p

Hursticon
13th September 2011, 11:02 PM
I have no idea mate but I would have thought it should be attached to his head, LOL. Do I have to grab it from elsewhere and stick it on?? :p

LOL. :p:D
Does it look like this (http://www.tfu.info/2003/Mini-Con/DeadEnd/deadend.htm)?

Doubledealer
13th September 2011, 11:11 PM
LOL. :p:D
Does it look like this (http://www.tfu.info/2003/Mini-Con/DeadEnd/deadend.htm)?

Indeed, minus the head. Here's what the little fella looks like...

http://i661.photobucket.com/albums/uu332/Doubledealer_83/kranix.jpg

I know Unicron is a big boy and has a healthy appetite but COME ON MAN!! :p

KillinSpoon
13th September 2011, 11:24 PM

Bahahaha! This would annoy me so much!

Doubledealer
13th September 2011, 11:34 PM
QC issues seem to be rampant with this toy. If anyone's Unicron comes with a two headed Kranix please let me know :p

griffin
13th September 2011, 11:43 PM
Damn that sux - getting a faulty toy that wasn't released here so you can't just return it to the store. And being a big one too, that's sold out... you'd need to spend over $200 just to get a Kranix with a head. :(

(I had to do something similar last month with a headless Marvel Crossover TF toy that wasn't released here, but at least that only cost me about $30 to replace)

Zippo
14th September 2011, 08:39 AM
Unicron back in stock, limited to 5 per Amazon account.
Postage costs for international orders seem to have doubled on the four I just ordered for my continued group order.

jaydisc
14th September 2011, 08:52 AM
Awesome. Thanks for that.

Smart thinkin' with the affiliate code ReillyD. Happy for you to get my kickback ;)

yoshi594
14th September 2011, 09:14 AM
Lol unavailable again 

Decepticon
14th September 2011, 09:17 AM
Yay! I got one!

k.wong23
14th September 2011, 09:30 AM
What the just missed out again by liek 20 mins...oh man lol

what kind of restriction is 5 per amazon account it should be restricted to 1 for exclusives!

Shirokaze
14th September 2011, 10:33 AM
What the just missed out again by liek 20 mins...oh man lol

what kind of restriction is 5 per amazon account it should be restricted to 1 for exclusives!

I feel you man, I've missed out by less than an hour every round now. 5 per account is BS! :mad:

jena
14th September 2011, 10:48 AM
I finally got my Unicron today, he's been sitting at my post office since Saturday and the dumb tarts who work there never put a parcel slip in my PO box. So pissed. I had to chase it up myself. Terrible service. But YAY UNICRON!!!

5FDP
14th September 2011, 10:57 AM
QC issues seem to be rampant with this toy.

Is there a handy list somewhere?

Doubledealer
14th September 2011, 12:52 PM
Is there a handy list somewhere?

Ones that I know of:

Kranix missing head
Duplicate planet shells
Duplicate planet teeth
Duplicate rings
Loose joints & door hinges

Something that bugs me about the robot mode generally - He has green eyes but red LEDs behind them. :mad:

As a display piece, he's awesome. For the OCD collector or someone who plays with their toys, pray very hard you get one of the good ones. Probably better off saving for the Takara release really!

Hursticon
14th September 2011, 01:01 PM

*snip*

Oh man, that really sucks the proverbial grapefruit! :eek::mad:
I'm still baffled as to how that has even occurred but if it is a separate piece, then perhaps it's an oversight on behalf of the production line? :confused:

Regardless, that truly sucks man - maybe you could transplant a head from a Dead End figure? - Might save you a bit of money too. :)

Doubledealer
14th September 2011, 02:38 PM
Oh man, that really sucks the proverbial grapefruit! :eek::mad:
I'm still baffled as to how that has even occurred but if it is a separate piece, then perhaps it's an oversight on behalf of the production line? :confused:

Regardless, that truly sucks man - maybe you could transplant a head from a Dead End figure? - Might save you a bit of money too. :)

Thanks Hursti, I don't really want to throw more money at Hasbro so I'll just store Kranix on Unicron's back or wherever. I'm just thankful Unicron himself is fine as it's people who have probs with him who really have a right to be annoyed!

jaydisc
14th September 2011, 02:42 PM
Why not complain to Amazon?

Doubledealer
14th September 2011, 03:08 PM
Why not complain to Amazon?

You can only whine about missing parts if the item is in stock (so they can then replace the part/s).

jaydisc
14th September 2011, 03:11 PM
I disagree. You were sold a defective item. You have rights. The item will likely continue to roll back in stock. If I was you, I'd ensure that you got the next non-defective one to come in to stock.

Hursticon
14th September 2011, 03:20 PM
I disagree. You were sold a defective item. You have rights. The item will likely continue to roll back in stock. If I was you, I'd ensure that you got the next non-defective one to come in to stock.

I reckon it's worth a go DD, hell; what can they say? - No? ;):)

Doubledealer
14th September 2011, 03:26 PM
Problem is, because it's out of stock the only option I have is for a refund (the option for replacement is greyed out). I'd email Amazon for advice but there doesn't seem to be a way to contact them.

Zippo
14th September 2011, 03:44 PM
I can see why shipping was more, they increased the shipping weight to the correct weight (6 pounds) rather than incorrect (under 2)

Lots of ways to email Amazon, but it has to be using one of the many contact forms. Strees that you want a REPLACEMENT part and not a refund.

jaydisc
14th September 2011, 03:46 PM
Yeah, or give them a call using Skype. They're EXTREMELY accommodating.

Doubledealer
14th September 2011, 04:01 PM
Cheers guys. I figured out how to email them and have asked for a replacement part if he comes back into stock. I'll let you know what they say. :) Thanks again for helping chaps.

canofwhoopass_87
14th September 2011, 04:09 PM
Cheers guys. I figured out how to email them and have asked for a replacement part if he comes back into stock. I'll let you know what they say. :) Thanks again for helping chaps.

Hopefully it works out well for you old boy! I believe this be one of the very rare cases where a severed head in the mail isn't such a bad thing.

Zippo how much did shipping on the 4x unicron group order set you back?

jaydisc
14th September 2011, 04:13 PM
Shipping for 2 today was US$31.64.

Doubledealer
14th September 2011, 04:22 PM
Hopefully it works out well for you old boy! I believe this be one of the very rare cases where a severed head in the mail isn't such a bad thing

*chortles* :D Thanks Whoopster, hopefully they can find something in the Amazon jungle.

Zippo
14th September 2011, 05:10 PM
Hopefully it works out well for you old boy! I believe this be one of the very rare cases where a severed head in the mail isn't such a bad thing.

Zippo how much did shipping on the 4x unicron group order set you back?

$62ish US

canofwhoopass_87
14th September 2011, 06:39 PM
That's still dirt cheap at ~$15 shipping per cron'. They must have some sort of partnership going on with one of the carrier services.

Without having to use the RK website, anyone here know the individual shipping price for this big fella as well?

jena
14th September 2011, 06:50 PM
This is my first and only Unicron and I just want to express my surprise at the size of this monster! I was stunned. Pictures really do not do this guy justice. I had to rearrange my shelves to make him fit! Now my TF shelf is full :(

Doubledealer
15th September 2011, 02:02 PM
Generic email templates FTW! :rolleyes: I had a feeling this would be a waste of time...

Email 1:
Good afternoon,

Yesterday my Transformer order arrived for which I'm very grateful.

It's great, however, a main part is missing. Specifically it's the head of the toys smaller partner as can be seen here:

I know that Unicron is currently out of stock but I have noticed that over
the last few days stock has been available (and then quickly sold out
again!. I was really looking forward to having a complete toy and was hoping
you may be able to send me a replacement part when Unicron comes back into stock (just the little toy that's shown in the picture).

Thanks for your time and I look forward to hearing from you.

Reply from Amazon:

Hello,

I am sorry to hear that your item arrived with parts missing. However, we're unable to send individual items from a set. Normally, we'll replace this item at no cost to you. unfortunately, we don't have any more stock of Transformers - 25th Anniversary Edition - Unicron with Kranix right now, and we're not sure if we'll be able to get more.

We always appreciate customer input on how we can improve our store, and I've passed your message along to our shipping department and to minimize the chances of anything like this occurring again.

Please return the Transformers - 25th Anniversary Edition - Unicron with Kranix for a full refund. Follow the first link below to find instructions and a return mailing label for returning your order:

*link*

If you haven't opened the package you're returning, it's okay to tape the Return Merchandise Authorization to the outside along with the mailing label.

If clicking on the link doesn't work, try copying and pasting it into your browser's address window.

Once the carrier has received your item, you should receive your refund in 10-15 business days.

One of our aims at Amazon.com is to provide a convenient and efficient service; in this case, we haven't met that standard. I'm truly sorry, and I hope you'll give us another chance in the future.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Thank you for your recent inquiry. Did I solve your problem?
I'm sorry about the problem with your Transformers - 25th Anniversary Edition - Unicron with Kranix. When something like this happens, I'd normally send out a replacement order. In this case, though, we don't have any more stock of the Transformers - 25th Anniversary Edition - Unicron with Kranix.

Please return the item for a full refund and let us know what you paid for return shipping so we may credit you the correct amount.

Please visit the following link to provide the information we requested:

*link*

I'm sorry I wasn't able to be of more help. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

If yes, please click here:

If no, please click here:

Best regards,

Amazon.com

Email 2:

Hi,

Thank you for your prompt reply. I don't want to return Unicron for a refund, I just wanted to see if there was any chance of a replacement part should he come back into stock again (as he did earlier today) eg. could one be reserved for me should he come back into stock?

Reply from Amazon:

Hello,

I'm sorry about the problem with your Transformers - 25th Anniversary Edition - Unicron with Kranix. When something like this happens, I'd normally send out a replacement order. In this case, though, we don't have any more stock of the Transformers - 25th Anniversary Edition - Unicron with Kranix.

Please return the item for a full refund and let us know what you paid for return shipping so we may credit you the correct amount.

Please visit the following link to provide the information we requested:

*link*

I'm sorry I wasn't able to be of more help. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

If yes, please click here:

If no, please click here:

Best regards,

Amazon.com

jaydisc
15th September 2011, 02:35 PM
I know that this can feel like banging your head against a wall, but I would personally call, and I would get a supervisor.

I think you're convoluting the situation by asking for a replacement part. Very few places, especially of the scale of Amazon have the infrastructure or environment to do that, and any deviation from the script likely freaks them out. You should simply state that you have a defective item and want a "replacement" [assumed as complete].

Then, that leaves the only deviation to the fact you want it to be replaced by something that's not in stock. This is where I think a supervisor can help you.

The contact us page offers two numbers, domestic (1-866-216-1072) and international (1-206-266-2992). Skype should happily let you call that domestic toll-free number without any credit, just dial it as +18662161072.

Of course, only you know how much time and effort you want to put into this. And of course I offer no guarantee, but this is what I'd do.

gdmetro
15th September 2011, 02:49 PM
Opened my Unicron up last night! Definitely impressed by the size and the deco. Rivals the Takara 2010 Unicron for sure, and for the price, can't be beat.

I was scared to open it up due to all the horror stories, but did so I could potentially inform/do something about it, but luckily there are no qc issues on mine. Guess I was extremely lucky.

Only complaint- is that the wings (that form the ring around the planet) are somewhat floppy- don't know if that is normal issue or not.

jena
15th September 2011, 08:21 PM
Only complaint- is that the wings (that form the ring around the planet) are somewhat floppy- don't know if that is normal issue or not.

As far as I can tell, that's the only problem with mine too, though one is floppy and one isn't. So I've just left them off for now. I think he still looks badass without the rings/wings.

canofwhoopass_87
16th September 2011, 08:13 AM
Display stand for Unicron.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=BRN10000&mode=retail&picture=aux1

5FDP
16th September 2011, 08:32 AM
I'm not surprised that he suffers from 'floppy wing syndrome'... this mould has been getting a fair amount of use lately.

KillinSpoon
16th September 2011, 10:24 AM
Display stand for Unicron.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=BRN10000&mode=retail&picture=aux1

You can actually buy them straight from the dude who makes them for $30 each.
Unfortunately the company that makes them also boxes them individually, so they cost $19 each to ship. :/

jaydisc
16th September 2011, 08:53 PM
Interesting:

Hello,

We're writing about the order you placed on September 13 2011 (Order# 104-xxxxxxx-xxxxx). Unfortunately, we are unable to ship the item(s) as soon as we expected and need to provide you with a new estimate of when the item(s) may be delivered:
**"Transformers - 25th Anniversary Edition - Unicron with Kranix"
***Estimated arrival date: September 26 2011

We apologize for the inconvenience caused by this delay.
WHY WAS MY ORDER DELAYED?
While we do our best to adhere to our delivery estimates, our inventory is constantly changing based on information we receive directly from our suppliers. Occasionally, unexpected fluctuations in supply, delays during shipping, or changes in release dates for new products will add time to our original delivery estimate.

Zippo
16th September 2011, 09:17 PM
I got the same ...

Decepticon
16th September 2011, 11:11 PM
Me too!:mad:

jena
19th September 2011, 07:41 PM
Has anyone considered attempting to replace the red LEDs in Unicron's eyes with green ones. When I complained to my dad about them he started talking about replacing them and how it wouldn't be hard. Would the head be easy enough to remove to replace the LEDs?

Decepticon
19th September 2011, 10:22 PM
Me too!:mad:

Had an email today to say that its been posted! Wish they would make up their mind!:confused:...probably gonna get some 'returned' Unicron with missing pieces!!:mad:

Hursticon
19th September 2011, 11:44 PM
Has anyone considered attempting to replace the red LEDs in Unicron's eyes with green ones. When I complained to my dad about them he started talking about replacing them and how it wouldn't be hard. Would the head be easy enough to remove to replace the LEDs?

Myself and 1AZRAEL1 have had many a discussion on this subject, even going so far as to just use green cellophane in place of the eyes and Azrael was going to experiment on a junker he had, I don't think he ever got around to trying anything though as he's often starved for free time; especially nowadays. :o

I think the replacing of the LED wouldn't be too much trouble so long as one knows what they're doing. ;):)

Zippo
20th September 2011, 02:41 AM
My dielayed order also shipped and interestingly is coming as 4 items in one box instead of my other order which was 1 item per box .. And I have a delivery date of the end of the week, which I didn't pay for (I went with regular post)

Ultra Mackness
20th September 2011, 05:32 AM
Get in quick. There are 13 more unicrons on Amazon at $59.99, $20 shipping to Oz. It was 14 but I just had to do something about the disappointment I'd felt at missing out!:D

Lint
20th September 2011, 07:59 AM
Get in quick. There are 13 more unicrons on Amazon at $59.99, $20 shipping to Oz. It was 14 but I just had to do something about the disappointment I'd felt at missing out!:D

Cheers for the heads up Mickymac! Scored one too hopefully.

The revised price and shipping sucks but its still competitve compared to RK.

Shirokaze
20th September 2011, 09:52 AM

I love you. :p

Ended up costing U$78.80 delivered, which is still really good IMO.

jaydisc
20th September 2011, 09:55 AM
Now would be a good time to call Doubledealer.

yoshi594
20th September 2011, 11:40 AM
Still in stock 

Lint
20th September 2011, 11:42 AM
Now would be a good time to call Doubledealer.

Just left him an SMS, hope he gets it in time.

griffin
20th September 2011, 12:11 PM
The number they are listing on the front page is the number of different priced Unicrons, not the amount Amazon have in stock... and since they are still in stock, I'm guessing that they got in a new shipment. But get in quick just in case they sell out fast again.

Krayt
20th September 2011, 12:13 PM
Just got mine.....

Items: AUD 61.17
Shipping & Handling: AUD 19.18
Total Before Tax: AUD 80.35
Estimated Tax To Be Collected: AUD 0.00
Order Total: AUD 80.35

Paulbot
20th September 2011, 12:18 PM
Ok, well if everybody else is getting one, I may as well get one too.

Thanks Mickymac for the heads up.

k.wong23
20th September 2011, 12:38 PM
OMG finally! Thankyou for the heads up finally I snagged one!

Zippo
20th September 2011, 12:57 PM
Seems they have made the limit of 2 per account now (down from 5)

1orion2many
20th September 2011, 02:59 PM
All my spare cash is going on something better in my opinion:p:D

Decepticon
20th September 2011, 03:37 PM
Seems they have made the limit of 2 per account now (down from 5)

I should hope so!!!:mad:

Doubledealer
20th September 2011, 03:42 PM
Huuuuuge thanks to Lint for SMS'ing me about this new batch of stock. Hopefully the replacement Unicron's Kranix has a head this time. :rolleyes:

EDIT: Just read the past few pages - a massive THANK YOU also to Jaydisc, you guys are awesome!

jaydisc
20th September 2011, 04:20 PM
You're very welcome. I'm glad it worked out.

Trailer Park Ninja
20th September 2011, 06:05 PM
Thanks for the heads up on the new stock :)

Doubledealer
20th September 2011, 06:22 PM
For anyone who's interested about Amazons return system, turns out it's pretty good.

They ship you the replacement, you wait for it to arrive. Once it arrives, you send the defective item back, let Amazon know the costs and they refund you the postage in full as well. Shouldn't lose a dime. :D

janda the red
21st September 2011, 07:39 AM
OMG finally! Thankyou for the heads up finally I snagged one!

its my 1st time using amazon though, hope it all goes ok

k.wong23
21st September 2011, 07:50 AM

its my 1st time using amazon though, hope it all goes ok

Ah saw you are in Melbourne, we could have saved on shipping but didn't want to risk missing out!

janda the red
21st September 2011, 05:23 PM
Ah saw you are in Melbourne, we could have saved on shipping but didn't want to risk missing out!

oh well... there's always next time.

Ultra Mackness
21st September 2011, 05:55 PM
Just got order confirmation from Amazon :D hope others are getting the same!

jazzcomp
21st September 2011, 06:35 PM
how much does it cost with shipping?

Trailer Park Ninja
21st September 2011, 07:39 PM
Just got order confirmation from Amazon :D hope others are getting the same!

I got an email to confirm my item has been shipped, should be here by Oct 4 :D

k.wong23
21st September 2011, 10:19 PM
how much does it cost with shipping?

About $80 AUD.

I also got my confirmation! fingers crossed no QC issues...

Krayt
22nd September 2011, 07:51 PM
God damnit!!!

Greetings from Amazon.com. Unfortunately your recent order(s), including ( xxxxxxxxxxxxx) could notbe processed. If you would still like to receive the item(s), we askthat you place a new order. Please accept our sincere apologies forany resulting inconvenience. Please feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns, andthank you for shopping at Amazon.com.

yoshi594
22nd September 2011, 08:09 PM
God damnit!!!

Greetings from Amazon.com. Unfortunately your recent order(s), including ( xxxxxxxxxxxxx) could notbe processed. If you would still like to receive the item(s), we askthat you place a new order. Please accept our sincere apologies forany resulting inconvenience. Please feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns, andthank you for shopping at Amazon.com.

Damn, when did u place ur order?

Unicron is out of stock again

Paulbot
26th September 2011, 08:01 PM
My Unicron is coming from 20 years in the future... :D

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ls4jqeJkw11qbguy1o1_r1_500.png

Burn
26th September 2011, 08:04 PM
About $80 AUD.

I also got my confirmation! fingers crossed no QC issues...

Damn plummeting Australian dollar. I got mine for $60 the last time he was available.

jjr
27th September 2011, 08:54 AM
Amazon have it again for USD$59.99 atm but with the AUD$ it is roughly AUD$63.64 plus shipping but still a good bargain.

kup
27th September 2011, 09:00 AM
My Unicron is coming from 20 years in the future... :D

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ls4jqeJkw11qbguy1o1_r1_500.png

At least you can look forward to yours, mine arrived back in the 19th century! It says "31st of December, 1899".

Where is Doc Brown when you need him?

Lint
27th September 2011, 10:20 AM
Damned time travelling Unicrons :p

k.wong23
27th September 2011, 12:07 PM
Damn plummeting Australian dollar. I got mine for $60 the last time he was available.

That sounds like excluding shipping?

Sarquiss
28th September 2011, 12:32 AM
Unicron is back in stock @Amazon for $59.95 in case anyone wants to grab one.

I was originally not going to get it but the more I looked into it the more I wanted it :P

k.wong23
29th September 2011, 10:58 AM
Just got it in the mail this morning :)

Ultra Mackness
29th September 2011, 01:53 PM
I was just in the middle of posting a 'hope mine arrives soon' reply when I was interrupted by a knock on the door from our postie carrying a large box containing Unicron :) Totally awesome!

gantz
30th September 2011, 06:01 PM
Hey guys,

Do you have to be a member of Amazon to order or... ?

REAAALLYYY want this guy :)

Decepticon
30th September 2011, 06:11 PM
BBTS have these now for $89.99:eek:......SCALPERS:p

griffin
30th September 2011, 06:16 PM
Hey guys,

Do you have to be a member of Amazon to order or... ?

REAAALLYYY want this guy :)

I think you have to register, but that might just be for easy ordering later. And even if you have to register first, it shouldn't be too difficult or take long.

gantz
1st October 2011, 02:35 PM
Excellent! Thanks so much Griff :D