PDA

View Full Version : Another new old member

jimoinj
20th May 2008, 02:04 PM
Hi guys!

I've been off the board a few months, and it moved, so I'm reintroducing myself now. I'm from Canberra, and usually based there, but currently over in China teaching english. I've been a Transformers fan since it first came out on TV, though I had a brief hiatus during the 1990s when it became uncool. I like G1 Transformers in particular, though I'm enjoying the Beast Wars series that is coming out on DVD. I liked the new movie, but that was despite the redesigns and new characters introduced in it.

Cheers!

jimoinj

STL
20th May 2008, 03:21 PM
Hey mate, welcome!

iceburn
20th May 2008, 03:44 PM
welcome back jimoinj...anymore galvatrons?? *hahaha*
glad to see an oldie

Robzy
20th May 2008, 05:06 PM
Bah-weep-Graaaaagnah wheep ni ni bong! :)

Pulse
20th May 2008, 05:07 PM
Hey Mate!

You tried to stay away but we've pulled you back kicking & screaming... :D

Rampage
20th May 2008, 05:38 PM
welcome to the board jimoinj :)

1orion2many
20th May 2008, 06:23 PM
:)Welcome back, good to see the insanity prevail:D

Sam
20th May 2008, 06:32 PM
Hey welcome back to the forum.

jimoinj
20th May 2008, 06:47 PM
Thanks guys!!!

roller
20th May 2008, 09:22 PM
howdy partner

i vaguely remember you, you were that guy with the hair right?

Which part of China are you in???

I hope you have hot water and a toilet with a strong flush:D

Any quake damage? Any tf factories you can get some prototypes from?

The East is Red!!! All hail glorious chairman!!

Be careful what you say...

dirge
20th May 2008, 09:23 PM
Welcome back (again!).

liegeprime
20th May 2008, 10:28 PM
Mabuhay! Welcome back! er what Galvatron is Ice referring to?:confused:

jimoinj
21st May 2008, 06:53 AM
Hey Roller - yeah I got hair, but didn't realise it was that memorable! I'm in Dalian in the north-east on the coast. It's got some nice spots, but still very crowded, dirty and polluted.

Have got hot water, toilet flush is okay. The worst thing about your house is old ladies having shouting conversations with the people on the floor above from the public balcony outside. And looking into our window and making comments. Oh, and the fact that the area around our apartment building is full of huge piles of stinking rubbish from the restaurant downstairs.

I guess I'm nowhere near any TF factories, they're probably in Shenzhen in the far south. I can get some good priced Transformers here though, which is good 'cos my salary here is considerably lower than it would be in Australia.

Yes, I'm having to be careful what I say - I actually had to come back to Australia this month to make a visa run, all because of the Olympics. They're very afraid of foreigners making trouble by stating so called 'facts'.

Oh, the Galvatron he was referring to is an anime G1 version of the toy that I sold in the dealer's just recently.

liegeprime
21st May 2008, 07:45 AM
Darn missed that one , oh well ;D mebbe next time