PDA

View Full Version : ToysRUs sale - 31Aug-11Sept

Darthprimus
28th August 2011, 02:19 PM
Howdy, may be mentioned elsewhere but didn't see anything, so anyways toysrus are listing a few kre-o sets on sale 31st august - 11 sep. most have 20% off except the optimus prime listed still for $99. so mirage is down from 19.99 to 15.99 and there is of course a couple different Bumblebees, basic and delux. ill put a pic of catalogue up later today.

EDIT
Items & Prices in sale:
Kre-O Bumblebee (small) - $12 (save $3)
Kre-O Optimus (small) - $12 (save $3)
Kre-O Mirage - $16 (save $4)
Kre-O Bumblebee (big) - $40 (save $10)
Kre-O Optimus (big) - $100

WFC 3-pack - $45 (save $15)
Scanning Legends 4-pack - $20 (save $10)
DotM Deluxe Mechtech - $24 (save $6)
DotM Gobots - $15 (save $3?)

1AZRAEL1
28th August 2011, 03:47 PM
Perfect time for me to have money to buy them me thinks :p

i_amtrunks
28th August 2011, 09:52 PM
Wow that was quicker than I expected!

New Lego minifigs and Kreo's, finally a reason to visit TRU! :p

bowspearer
28th August 2011, 11:15 PM
I wonder how they're pulling this off considering that Kreos aren't getting released til the 1st.

Hursticon
29th August 2011, 01:50 AM
I was meaning to put these up earlier (yesterday), but a Youtube video I was uploading literally took 12 hours...
So without further ado:

http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Crap/ToysRUsSpringSale-Transformer-02_001_1.jpg

http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Crap/ToysRUsSpringSale-Transformer-01_001.jpg

snaketales
29th August 2011, 09:59 AM
woah, forget kreo, look at the price of the cybertronian 3-pack!!

KillinSpoon
29th August 2011, 11:14 AM
woah, forget kreo, look at the price of the cybertronian 3-pack!!

Precisely my thoughts. Looks like I'll be picking up even MORE WFC toys...

Paulbot
29th August 2011, 12:08 PM
I'm kinda tempted by Kre-O Mirage, but I know it's a gateway toy towards becoming a Lego addict, and I've seen too many Ozformers fall prey to those addictive blocks. :D

yoshi594
29th August 2011, 12:16 PM
dammit i bought the cybertronian 3 pack for 59.99 T_T. haven't opened it yet though... mmm

griffin
29th August 2011, 12:39 PM
(updated first post with the prices in the image Hursticon posted up, and changed topic title)

Zippo
29th August 2011, 12:52 PM
Oh, thats a nice price for the WFC Pack.
Who can help out a NZer get?

Vector Prime
29th August 2011, 03:08 PM
Guess I'll be heading off to TRU on Wed to pick up a WFC pack - glad I didn't buy it last week for $60. :p

gdmetro
29th August 2011, 05:20 PM
mmm..

Kreo Mirage... Tempting..

jena
31st August 2011, 09:14 AM
Kinda off topic, but I just saw the Kre-O Transformers ad on Fox8 and it looked awesome. I wasn't really planning on getting any of the Kre-O sets but that ad made me want to get a set. Damn advertising.

liegeprime
31st August 2011, 09:58 AM
I'm kinda tempted by Kre-O Mirage, but I know it's a gateway toy towards becoming a Lego addict, and I've seen too many Ozformers fall prey to those addictive blocks. :D

Oh come on give in Paulbot... so many nice blocks to put together heheheh:D:D

i_amtrunks
31st August 2011, 11:30 AM
So does the sale extend to the full wave (bar the huge Prime?) or just the ones in the catalogue. The sale prices make Mirage a good buy (once postage is added to the US price) but all the others seem cheaper still noline after shipping.

Tallestblue
31st August 2011, 05:17 PM
Oh....that purple WFC Megatron is just begging to get a headswap with Universe Galvatron. And I've been going past a Toys R Us everday.

jena
31st August 2011, 06:30 PM
I saw the big Optimus Prime set for $129 at Target today so the TRU price is still cheaper than Target.

Quickstrike
31st August 2011, 08:21 PM
I hope they have all of the first wave. Or is that all of the first wave? Either way I'm buying a bunch of Kre-o stuff this weekend!

Prowl
31st August 2011, 10:27 PM

I completely understand. My lady would kill me dead if I came home with a bunch of Lego or Lego like products.

I may be able to sneak one or two in.

KillinSpoon
31st August 2011, 10:34 PM
I think I may pick up a Mirage.
I want the kre-ons but not the generally crappy looking robot/vehicles that come with them... :/

Hursticon
31st August 2011, 10:38 PM
I think I may pick up a Mirage.
I want the kre-ons but not the generally crappy looking robot/vehicles that come with them... :/

Do you know which one comes with Soundwave dude? :o

KillinSpoon
31st August 2011, 10:45 PM
Sentinel Prime ;)
He also comes with Sentinel and Thundercracker.

Seriously, the minifigs are sweet. They should just release them :P

Hursticon
31st August 2011, 11:09 PM
Sentinel Prime ;)
He also comes with Sentinel and Thundercracker.

Seriously, the minifigs are sweet. They should just release them :P

Really? :confused::(
That sucks as you'd think he'd come with Megatron or something, I don't wanna buy that slaggin' traitor! :rolleyes::mad:

I agree they are sweet, but they'll never sell the Minifigs separately... The sets would never sell then. :p

KillinSpoon
31st August 2011, 11:29 PM
Really? :confused::(
That sucks as you'd think he'd come with Megatron or something, I don't wanna buy that slaggin' traitor! :rolleyes::mad:

I agree they are sweet, but they'll never sell the Minifigs separately... The sets would never sell then. :p

Shockwave comes with Megatron.
Sentinel, not Optimus :P
Clearly they have the wrong business model then!
If they just made G1-esque minifigures they'd sell a bajillion of them, even at the same price as LEGO minifigs. Imagine blind bagged Kre-ons.

But noooooo, let's chuck in sub par construction block designs...
God dammit, Jazz better be the same price as Mirage also xD
I'd pay the US prices for them, they seem pretty fair to me.
Prowl is one of the only semi-good looking ones and at $20 I'd go there ;)

k.wong23
1st September 2011, 10:07 PM
Once you get one you have to get them all...just like pokemon...I warned you guys!!

KillinSpoon
1st September 2011, 10:28 PM
Yeah, but do you get one of these for collecting all the Kre-O though?
http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/2816/diplomao.jpg

i_amtrunks
2nd September 2011, 08:29 AM
TRU Penrith did not have the entire first wave, but they did have most of it.

Missing Prowl and Ratchet, and the smaller Primes were hidden behind some Starscreams.

They look very good on the shelves, but there were no "holes" in the display so maybe they are not proving to be very popular as yet?

KillinSpoon
2nd September 2011, 09:31 AM
TRU Penrith did not have the entire first wave, but they did have most of it.

Missing Prowl and Ratchet, and the smaller Primes were hidden behind some Starscreams.

They look very good on the shelves, but there were no "holes" in the display so maybe they are not proving to be very popular as yet?

They literally just came out. Don't judge the sales within the first week :P

Mr Ed
2nd September 2011, 01:19 PM
TRU Garden City (bri) was missing the Kre-O Prowl and Sentinel Prime