PDA

View Full Version : Collector Club Runamuck images

griffin
2nd September 2011, 12:37 PM
The Collector Club has posted up some heavily photoshopped images of their 2012 membership toy - Runamuck (http://www.transformersclub.com/runamuck12.cfm) (a redeco Wheeljack with modded parts).

To get this figure, you would need to join/renew by 16th March 2012.

There are also some close up images of the new head here (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/tfcc-2012-free-membership-figure-runamuck-fully-revealed/22702/).

Lint
2nd September 2011, 01:05 PM
The new deco is very passable but the head really sells this exclusive! Runamuck being one of my childhood G1's I don't think I can pass this up.

KillinSpoon
2nd September 2011, 01:13 PM
I love this mould. If Hasbro dropped every other mould in existence and just made repaints of this one, I would buy them.

gamblor916
2nd September 2011, 01:27 PM
This guy looks great! I definitely have to try and track this one down.

kup
2nd September 2011, 01:35 PM
Is it actually possible to buy this guy without being a member? Does an enough quantity of them reach ebay or another online store?

This would have worked much better for retail than as an exclusive.

Vector Prime
2nd September 2011, 01:45 PM
After missing out on this year's 'freebie' (Side Burn), I think I may end up getting a membership next year.

Zippo
2nd September 2011, 01:56 PM
Going to have to rejoin the club to get this guy.
Those who are in the club, when is the best time to join so I don't get magazines that contain 1/2 a story ..

Paulbot
2nd September 2011, 02:07 PM
Going to have to rejoin the club to get this guy.
Those who are in the club, when is the best time to join so I don't get magazines that contain 1/2 a story ..

The current 'Elite Guard vs Combaticons' story just finished in the most recent comic, unless I forget the comic in the latest issue, so probably now is the best time, although it seems to be continuing a larger story arc.

Sky Shadow
2nd September 2011, 02:10 PM
Is it actually possible to buy this guy without being a member?

It should be, but as a G1 character and a good mould, this is no doubt going to be the most competitive Membership Exclusive in the eight years of the club.

Decepticon
2nd September 2011, 02:19 PM
Looks good. Shame its a century before I would see it in person.

bowspearer
2nd September 2011, 02:32 PM
This looks half right. What they really need to do is go with the Tracks mold, but swap in the knee joints for Wheeljack.

Also the transformation wold look more G1 accurate if the wings were actually folded down to the side, like the G1 Wheeljack's doors sit in robot mode.

Autocon
2nd September 2011, 02:52 PM
Thought this would be a 2 pack with runabout?:confused:

Krayt
2nd September 2011, 02:57 PM
Hate Hate Hate Hate hate..... but oh well still gotta get

never liked these 2 in G1, and never liked the Tracks/WJ mould in Generations :-(

Paulbot
2nd September 2011, 05:07 PM
Thought this would be a 2 pack with runabout?:confused:
Runabout is the Collectors Club Store exclusive next year. You get Runamuck for free when you join the club, and you need to join the club in order to buy Runabout.

loophole
2nd September 2011, 06:22 PM
cant wait for this and to have more Decepticons in my army :D

Gutsman Heavy
2nd September 2011, 06:26 PM
I will probably join up for this

kup
2nd September 2011, 06:43 PM
I don't like the club but I may have to join too. How much is the 'join' package and are they now friendlier to foreigners?

Hursticon
2nd September 2011, 06:50 PM
I don't like the club but I may have to join too. How much is the 'join' package and are they now friendlier to foreigners?

I'm in a similar boat Kup, I've had no real reason to want to join until this was announced... :o
Any information regarding costs and what have you, would be very much appreciated guys. ;):)

Paulbot
2nd September 2011, 08:36 PM
It hasn't got any cheaper since we had this discussion

http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=3287

But this years toys are the most attractive so far. The two toys will cost you something like $160+ for the pair if I recall properly. A bunch of members here are still waiting for their 'free' Sideburn, and the club has sold off all their stock before International members received their figures so if there's a problem you might be out of luck getting help.

Quickstrike
2nd September 2011, 09:01 PM
I will probably join up for this

I will definitely join up for this!

I'm in a similar boat Kup, I've had no real reason to want to join until this was announced... :o
Any information regarding costs and what have you, would be very much appreciated guys. ;):)

Come on, they have a website (http://www.transformersclub.com/shop/index.cfm?do=benefits) and everything!

i_amtrunks
2nd September 2011, 09:26 PM
Very heavily photoshopped.

If the head is half as good as the sample images then it'll be a beauty.

Bet there is an influx of new memberships, let hope the club do not stuff it up.

Sky Shadow
2nd September 2011, 09:28 PM
These days, with the Australian dollar and new lower international membership price, if you actually do want the toy, you're better off joining up to the club, and you get the club benefits plus six magazine/comics.

Reflector
2nd September 2011, 10:48 PM
that looks unreal, i loved these two figures as a kid and id seriously consider joining just so i can get them. Did i miss anyone say pre existing members could buy Rumamuck too or only if you join/renew?

liegeprime
2nd September 2011, 11:18 PM
So what does one get if one joined the club?

griffin
2nd September 2011, 11:25 PM
Originally Posted by Hursticon http://www.otca.com.au/boards/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?p=263863#post263863)

Come on, they have a website (http://www.transformersclub.com/shop/index.cfm?do=benefits) and everything!

So what does one get if one joined the club?

Check the link Quickstrike posted.

kup
3rd September 2011, 11:03 AM
Check the link Quickstrike posted.

That's fine but if you could please give us some info on how it works in practice? I am under the impression that the Club's practices are somewhat 'unfriendly' to foreigners with inflated shipping chargers and other stuff is included that is not on their main page and you only find out after joining.

Also are they still being a pain when it comes to accepting International credit cards? - This is my biggest detractor to joining the club.

Tetsuwan Convoy
3rd September 2011, 12:25 PM
That's fine but if you could please give us some info on how it works in practice? I am under the impression that the Club's practices are somewhat 'unfriendly' to foreigners with inflated shipping chargers and other stuff is included that is not on their main page and you only find out after joining.

Also are they still being a pain when it comes to accepting International credit cards? - This is my biggest detractor to joining the club.

I haven't had any issues with my credit card in the past couple of years. As for the postage, it is horrid when buying from the shop, but the 'free' figure is included in the joining fee so no worries on that.

Back on track, I like the look of Runamuck and looks like I will renew my memberhip for this bad boy. I loved (and still do) he original toy to pieces and hope (although unlikely) that the toy is as shiny as the photoshopped picture :p

Haven't played with my Wheeljack for a bit, is it possible to fold the doors down in robot mode without hindering the arms too much? The Battlechargers don't have wings. I just wish there was somewhere to store those wrenches in robot mode, as the BCs only had their shoulder mounted weapons.

Tets is so excited he feels the need to talk in 3rd person for the rest of the day.

1AZRAEL1
3rd September 2011, 12:30 PM
I think I'm sold. I am probably going to have to sign up this time to get this figure. I need more Cons to bolster my ranks, so this would look nice. I hope Runabout looks good, but he will be in black, anything looks great in black :p

Quickstrike
3rd September 2011, 04:07 PM
I'm looking at the online store and... do they really charge $44 for shipping? God damn, I say. God damn.

Hursticon
3rd September 2011, 08:33 PM
So in order for one to become a member, you Must have a credit card? :confused:

fatbot
4th September 2011, 07:53 AM
So in order for one to become a member, you Must have a credit card? :confused:

yes, or a debit credit card

Hursticon
4th September 2011, 11:03 AM
yes, or a debit credit card

Ah!, so a Visa Debit Card will work will it? - Excellent, cheers Fatbot. ;):)
(Now to get my card upgraded... :cool:)

Golden Phoenix
4th September 2011, 11:23 AM
Ah!, so a Visa Debit Card will work will it? - Excellent, cheers Fatbot. ;):)
(Now to get my card upgraded... :cool:)

Yeah it does. Worked with mine.

kup
4th September 2011, 04:09 PM
Do you still have to mail them a photocopy of your card?

swoop
4th September 2011, 04:31 PM

I actually had problems faxing them a copy when I signed up last year and I asked if it was really necessary and the said it was. So yeah I'd say nothing would of changed in the last year

Hursticon
4th September 2011, 04:37 PM
I actually had problems faxing them a copy when I signed up last year and I asked if it was really necessary and the said it was. So yeah I'd say nothing would of changed in the last year

Truly, I cannot think of anything more archaic; In today's levels of communication technology, the continued use of facsimiles is purely laughable... :rolleyes:
I suppose though, with pitiful methods of payment options and woeful subscription requirements - It sounds, basically, like one is dealing with a Government service. :p

liegeprime
4th September 2011, 04:55 PM
Don't they have Paypal?:confused: Why the heck would they still need a photocopy of your card? Archaic indeed!

fatbot
4th September 2011, 04:59 PM

I've been a member for two years and have ordered done a group order with them, never had to fax them a copy of my credit card.

gamblor916
4th September 2011, 05:00 PM
I never saw a request for a photocopy of my card? I just received the confirmation emails and login info for the club forums.

swoop
4th September 2011, 06:56 PM
I've been a member for two years and have ordered done a group order with them, never had to fax them a copy of my credit card.

When you first sign up its part of their terms and conditions,

INTERNATIONAL ORDERS
Fun Publications, Inc. realizes that collectibles have worldwide appeal. We ship anywhere that the United States Postal Service or FedEx delivers. However, there are restrictions. Upon your first order, you will need to fax us a copy of your credit card, front and back as well as photo identification, which shows your signature to 817-448-9843. If a credit card transaction is made through our site without the fax confirmation of your identity, we reserve the right to CANCEL THE ORDER.

Krayt
4th September 2011, 10:08 PM
I'm another who's never had to send a photocopy

UltraMarginal
5th September 2011, 01:09 PM

I asked earlier this year and they said yes, though they were happy with a scaned PDF, which I sent to them as an attachment to an email. no worries.

Hursticon
5th September 2011, 05:03 PM
I asked earlier this year and they said yes, though they were happy with a scaned PDF, which I sent to them as an attachment to an email. no worries.

You see, now this seems like a far more ideal and sensible approach. ;):cool:
Bloody Facsimiles... :rolleyes:

Now, if they could just consider adding Paypal as an additional payment method... :D