PDA

View Full Version : hasbro site

Autocon
20th May 2008, 09:47 PM
when i click on news item or link or anything to do with tf that is not AU related

it goes back to AU default page!!!!!!!!

how can i stop this!! grrrrr

roller
20th May 2008, 09:49 PM
you can't

its part of Hasbros elaborate plan to drive us (the pay through the nose fan) insane

It part of their plot to make us accept their cheap, non show colour toys that will lack a weapon or trailer because it costs too much to produce in toy form

Apparently one day there will be a Hasbro.com.AU but it coulda been a lie

Pulse
20th May 2008, 09:50 PM
I don't think you can :(.

All I can recommend is to keep refreshing it over & over again (The page will come up sooner or later).

Autocon
20th May 2008, 10:03 PM
ok lets everyone here complain lol

write an email and flood them with it!

jaydisc
20th May 2008, 10:31 PM
I don't think you can :(.

All I can recommend is to keep refreshing it over & over again (The page will come up sooner or later).

It used to be the case that after being redirected, if you tried again, it would work (must be a cookie) for a while, but they closed that loophole a month or so ago.

You could use a traffic anonymizer, but it's hardly worth it for the hasbro website.

griffin
20th May 2008, 11:43 PM
Yeah, what Jay said. It used to be quite easy to see Hasbro US pages by pasting in the address a second time, but I also have noticed it being more difficult when I tried looking at the BotCon news pages. It took many attempts, before finally seeing each link.
The point of an AU website (and other country webistes) is for non-fan customers who wouldn't know anything about Hasbro, and don't want to mislead anyone outside of America of product they probably won't be getting.
At least if it keeps redirecting to an AU page that is now 11 months out of date (since it was updated), it isn't going to be accused of falsely advertising something that was never going to be released here.

Borgeman
21st May 2008, 07:38 AM
At least if it keeps redirecting to an AU page that is now 11 months out of date (since it was updated), it isn't going to be accused of falsely advertising something that was never going to be released here.

ooh, snap - take that hasbro :cool:

George